Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 183026 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2021, 05:51:16 AM »
Just got a pair of the canvas hi tops delivered!
Honestly really happy I went to true to size (with what I wear in vans). I’m a borderline 10.5, or probably around a 10.25 in reality and they fit perfectly in 10 for me. So I guess I get why people half size down if you’ve already got some wriggle room in your tts size.
Quality is definitely up there! Will be interesting to see how they skate! They almost remind me of moon star shoes ...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2021, 12:21:22 PM »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2021, 01:08:21 PM »
Just got a pair of the canvas hi tops delivered!
Honestly really happy I went to true to size (with what I wear in vans). I’m a borderline 10.5, or probably around a 10.25 in reality and they fit perfectly in 10 for me. So I guess I get why people half size down if you’ve already got some wriggle room in your tts size.
Quality is definitely up there! Will be interesting to see how they skate! They almost remind me of moon star shoes ...
Nice, glad they fit you! the quality and fit and finish is definitely a notch above.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2021, 08:35:37 PM »

them and camel clutch are the only two shops I know in Japan that got the canvas versions; seems like they only really giving them to core shops whereas even non skate/ fashion shops like United arrows are getting the regular ones. Canvas ones don’t have padding around the collar either; debating whether to skate them or not...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 10:09:56 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2021, 08:54:58 PM »
On my second pair. Have yet to try the high tops. Love em. I could skate these forever.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2021, 12:50:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
them and camel clutch are the only two shops I know in Japan that got the canvas versions; seems like they only really giving them to core shops whereas even non skate/ fashion shops like United arrows are getting the regular ones. Canvas ones don’t have padding around the collar either; debating whether to skate them or not...

Have you tried the suede hi-tops? Would you say it feels different? I like the puffy collar somehow.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2021, 01:06:01 AM »
↑ haven’t tried the suede ones, wouldn’t mind a bit of puff tho...

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2021, 02:34:20 AM »
↑ haven’t tried the suede ones, wouldn’t mind a bit of puff tho...

I see, thanks. I'm very curious to try the green canvas, I'll let you know the differences, if there are some.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2021, 07:06:20 AM »
For those of you that have skated the hi's, is it just me, or does it seem like they would take forever to put on/lace up?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2021, 08:19:11 AM »
For those of you that have skated the hi's, is it just me, or does it seem like they would take forever to put on/lace up?
that’s true of most hi tops though, reminds me of when I skated Ryan Lays Etnies shoe

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2021, 09:13:59 AM »
So I'm confused - are the vegan ones not available in America yet or...?
ok thanks

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2021, 10:28:29 AM »
So I'm confused - are the vegan ones not available in America yet or...?
not in the US just yet.  Only in Japan for right now.  But US soon.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2021, 12:08:55 PM »
tbh I got calluses putting white laces in mine, but the suedes broken in now and it's really easy to pull out two eyelets to take them on or off. your sock slides in on the leather around the top inside. I'd been skating a pair of crocket his right before them and the last resorts are less of toil. I have big heels too
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

RegularJames

• Rep: -1
« Reply #223 on: April 30, 2021, 09:48:30 AM »
Couple questions:  Anyone own a pair of the VM002's?  I found the VM001's to be a little on the large side, wondering if these are the same.  I'm assuming they are, as they're being made in the same shop and all.  I'm also assuming all the same shit is dropping in the US as Japan... but anyone know for sure if that six panel hat is coming out here?  I know sometimes Polar seems to have a couple pieces that are only offered overseas. 

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2021, 12:49:26 PM »
has anyone taken the insoles out of these + replaced with other ones? really wanna try these but these don't look like they have great insoles and i'm just getting used to my orthopedic ones.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2021, 01:06:09 PM »
has anyone taken the insoles out of these + replaced with other ones? really wanna try these but these don't look like they have great insoles and i'm just getting used to my orthopedic ones.
insoles can't be removed on the v001 I have

RegularJames

« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2021, 02:55:19 PM »

You can't remove insoles, but they run a quarter size big, in my experience.  So what I did was just pop an insole on the top.  Had no issues, just added a layer of comfort.  I do have narrow feet though, so your experience may vary.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2021, 06:26:18 PM »
Sorry let me clear my question up:
From my understanding the insoles of these are sewn in, so I was more wondering has anyone cut them out and had success?

RegularJames

« Reply #228 on: April 30, 2021, 08:09:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
From my understanding the insoles of these are sewn in, so I was more wondering has anyone cut them out and had success?

No, haven't tried that.  But it doesn't seem like it would go well.  It would be... messy.  Unless you're really good with an exacto knife and are gonna glue them in or something.  Good luck. 

Frank and Fred

« Reply #229 on: May 01, 2021, 09:23:44 AM »
How are the insoles in these?

I'm used to pop cush and Remind Medics.

RegularJames

« Reply #230 on: May 01, 2021, 01:35:06 PM »
How are the insoles in these?

I'm used to pop cush and Remind Medics.

Honestly, they’re not super supportive/cushy. 

They aren’t uncomfortable, but I do have an extra pair of insoles in mine, just right on top.  That’s partially because they’re a little big on me.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #231 on: May 01, 2021, 07:24:11 PM »
Thanks for the response. Love the look of these shoes but if I can't up grade thin and flimsy insoles not sure I'll try them. too many broken toes and old joints...

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 17
« Reply #232 on: May 01, 2021, 11:00:16 PM »
003s maybe from Pontus' story that I can't figure out how to post. I really like them. Also someone asked about the fit on the 002. I find it fits just the tiniest bit tighter (better for me). I wear tts equivalent to blazers and vans.

Curbyourenthusiasm

« Reply #233 on: May 01, 2021, 11:06:58 PM »

There we go. They're very airwalk. I'm super into them.

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #234 on: May 01, 2021, 11:09:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have. It was very difficult and left some foam and required a lot of tugging and hurting fingertips BUT was worth it. Replaced with Vans ultrachush (which i know is disliked by some) and couldnt be happier. I’m sure any other insole would work as well.

Edit: i should add they are glued in with some sort of adhesive, not sewn in. Think Vans classics insoles. Basically the same as that

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2021, 12:51:50 AM »

I want to like LRAB, the branding and team I'm into but that stumpy toe I just can't get behind. Feels a little too Walmart Vans too me.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #236 on: May 02, 2021, 02:02:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I have. It was very difficult and left some foam and required a lot of tugging and hurting fingertips BUT was worth it. Replaced with Vans ultrachush (which i know is disliked by some) and couldnt be happier. I’m sure any other insole would work as well.

Edit: i should add they are glued in with some sort of adhesive, not sewn in. Think Vans classics insoles. Basically the same as that

Hey, next time throw them in the microwave for like 20/30 secs. That reactivates the glue and you should be able to pull them out much easier. You can also try with a hairdryer if you wanna do it more carefully bit by bit.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #237 on: May 02, 2021, 06:17:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I want to like LRAB, the branding and team I'm into but that stumpy toe I just can't get behind. Feels a little too Walmart Vans too me.

it works a lot better on those one piece toecap styles. i agree these look too stubby. the lacehole panel is also a bit wide. could be a decent one star alternative if it would be reworked slightly. recess the laces a bit and slim that panel down and i think it would look much better.

RegularJames

« Reply #238 on: May 02, 2021, 06:34:12 AM »
003s maybe from Pontus' story that I can't figure out how to post. I really like them. Also someone asked about the fit on the 002. I find it fits just the tiniest bit tighter (better for me). I wear tts equivalent to blazers and vans.

Thanks for the 002 fit response.  I'm gonna buy a pair, but I do want to get the sizing right.  Sounds like you own both styles... did you find the 001's a little big for you when you went tts?  Because some said they didn't find them big, but I found them about a half size large.  Are you saying that the 002's fit more tts than the 001's?  Because Blazer's fit just right on me.  Thanks.

Curbyourenthusiasm

« Reply #239 on: May 02, 2021, 08:53:36 AM »
[quote author=Curbyourenthusiasm link=topic=115110.msg3554772#msg3554772 date=16199352

Thanks for the 002 fit response.  I'm gonna buy a pair, but I do want to get the sizing right.  Sounds like you own both styles... did you find the 001's a little big for you when you went tts?  Because some said they didn't find them big, but I found them about a half size large.  Are you saying that the 002's fit more tts than the 001's?  Because Blazer's fit just right on me.  Thanks.

Yeah the 01's fit my foot lengthwise pretty well but I have pretty narrow feet so there's a little bit of room on the sides and top. That's even more the case with the high top 01. I haven't spent a lot of time walking around in the 02's yet and I haven't skated them but my initial impression is it they feel much more secure around my foot, but about the same in length, which works for me really well. I think that the Blazer mid is pretty much the perfect shoe and wear that most of the time. By comparison these are a tiny bit looser than I would like, but still fit better than the '01s. I've entertained the idea of going down a half size but I feel like the length would ruin my life if I did that so there isn't a perfect solution on my end yet