Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 178930 times)

RegularJames

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #240 on: May 02, 2021, 02:45:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[quote author=Curbyourenthusiasm link=topic=115110.msg3554772#msg3554772 date=16199352

Thanks for the 002 fit response.  I'm gonna buy a pair, but I do want to get the sizing right.  Sounds like you own both styles... did you find the 001's a little big for you when you went tts?  Because some said they didn't find them big, but I found them about a half size large.  Are you saying that the 002's fit more tts than the 001's?  Because Blazer's fit just right on me.  Thanks.
[close]

Yeah the 01's fit my foot lengthwise pretty well but I have pretty narrow feet so there's a little bit of room on the sides and top. That's even more the case with the high top 01. I haven't spent a lot of time walking around in the 02's yet and I haven't skated them but my initial impression is it they feel much more secure around my foot, but about the same in length, which works for me really well. I think that the Blazer mid is pretty much the perfect shoe and wear that most of the time. By comparison these are a tiny bit looser than I would like, but still fit better than the '01s. I've entertained the idea of going down a half size but I feel like the length would ruin my life if I did that so there isn't a perfect solution on my end yet

This is pretty much my exact issue. I have really narrow feet and the fit you describe has also been my experience.   The 001 felt a quarter size too big all around.  I am gonna go a half size down on my next order.  I’m getting a pair of both 001’s and 002’s, so I will let you know how it goes—hopefully it doesn’t suck! 

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 16
« Reply #241 on: May 02, 2021, 11:28:44 PM »

This is pretty much my exact issue. I have really narrow feet and the fit you describe has also been my experience.   The 001 felt a quarter size too big all around.  I am gonna go a half size down on my next order.  I’m getting a pair of both 001’s and 002’s, so I will let you know how it goes—hopefully it doesn’t suck!
[/quote]

Yes, I look forward to hearing how a half size down breaks in! I feel like it's almost not actually a problem, but it still weirds me out a bit.

Fly_Hoenn

• Rep: 4
« Reply #242 on: May 03, 2021, 02:49:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

There we go. They're very airwalk. I'm super into them.
[close]

I want to like LRAB, the branding and team I'm into but that stumpy toe I just can't get behind. Feels a little too Walmart Vans too me.
[close]

it works a lot better on those one piece toecap styles. i agree these look too stubby. the lacehole panel is also a bit wide. could be a decent one star alternative if it would be reworked slightly. recess the laces a bit and slim that panel down and i think it would look much better.

spot on. these new ones really need some care

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #243 on: May 07, 2021, 06:28:35 AM »
Where the fuck are these vegan jawns?! The LRAB instagram showed them shipping out from the warehouse over a week ago.  Did they sink in the Atlantic?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #244 on: May 07, 2021, 06:55:21 AM »
Where the fuck are these vegan jawns?! The LRAB instagram showed them shipping out from the warehouse over a week ago.  Did they sink in the Atlantic?
may 14th library posted

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #245 on: May 07, 2021, 08:47:22 AM »
been out in Japan now for a good minute, I’m still undecided on the sizing and think I might be somewhere between 1/2 size down and true to size...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

babywantsbluevelvet

• Rep: 36
« Reply #246 on: May 07, 2021, 01:32:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
been out in Japan now for a good minute, I’m still undecided on the sizing and think I might be somewhere between 1/2 size down and true to size...

My 1/2 size down pair fit great at first, but months later they're snug enough to make me question whether I got the right size. They work with thin socks though. Someone wrote that they run a quarter size big and that person is spot on. I've just come to accept that I will forever be in between sizes in anything hip... Good luck and maybe go TTS if you like thick socks and dislike ingrown toenails.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #247 on: May 07, 2021, 02:21:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

My 1/2 size down pair fit great at first, but months later they're snug enough to make me question whether I got the right size. They work with thin socks though. Someone wrote that they run a quarter size big and that person is spot on. I've just come to accept that I will forever be in between sizes in anything hip... Good luck and maybe go TTS if you like thick socks and dislike ingrown toenails.
damn, this is really making me rethink my size now.  Dare I go to an actual shop and see if they have any to try on?!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2021, 02:34:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i struggle with this as well and this is somewhat useful info, since my local doesn't carry half a size down from my true size. but hopefully i can try these on once they drop and see if tts isn't too loose. not sure if we are talking about the canvas ones here, but in my experience canvas shoes don't blow out as much as suede, so i guess that limits a bit how well they wear in compared to a snug fitting suede shoe bagging out.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #249 on: May 08, 2021, 07:04:29 PM »
I mean, you guys all seem like you're familiar but is the size chart on their website not that useful? Kind of glad I haven't gotten a pair yet but Im getting pretty thirsty
The chillest1

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #250 on: May 08, 2021, 07:07:24 PM »
To those who have skated them, how are they holding up ?

ricky bobby

« Reply #251 on: May 08, 2021, 11:09:15 PM »
I've skate two pairs now and they hold up very well except for the sole. Both pairs of mine had balded out on each shoe right under the ball of my foot. With that aside, I think they're great and if they fixed this problem I probably would skate Last Resort exclusively.

Kevve

• Rep: 6
« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2021, 06:58:38 AM »
I also have a Little problem with sizing. 11.5 was snug, thought it was perfect at first but after having Them on at home for a Day i realised that i cant really move My toes around. Got a 12 instead which fits nice with a extra insole, but Still a Little play at Times.

For you who went half a size down, Do they stretch a Little after Broken in?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #253 on: May 09, 2021, 08:45:15 AM »
I mean, you guys all seem like you're familiar but is the size chart on their website not that useful? Kind of glad I haven't gotten a pair yet but Im getting pretty thirsty

it's only of so much use, since it only accounts for footlength and not width, also it seems like last resort shoes sit somewhere between everything fitwise, there were a couple comments like "tts is a bit too loose or feels like i need to double up on socks, but half size down fits too snug." v002 apparently fits a bit different than v001.

from what i gather most people get half a size down, some tts, and a very few had to go a whole size down. to me it sounds they fit like cons chucks or one stars.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #254 on: May 10, 2021, 01:33:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I've skate two pairs now and they hold up very well except for the sole. Both pairs of mine had balded out on each shoe right under the ball of my foot. With that aside, I think they're great and if they fixed this problem I probably would skate Last Resort exclusively.

Same here, the upper is holding on perfectly and I've been skating a pair for almost over a month.

The sole is giving up now, but tbh it's a lot better than Vans. I've tried a new pair of Vans the other day and they were just hurting my feet terribly, then skated the next day with my beaten up Last Resort's and they felt much much better.

Can't wait to try the green canvas ones.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #255 on: May 10, 2021, 06:51:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Same here, the upper is holding on perfectly and I've been skating a pair for almost over a month.

The sole is giving up now, but tbh it's a lot better than Vans. I've tried a new pair of Vans the other day and they were just hurting my feet terribly, then skated the next day with my beaten up Last Resort's and they felt much much better.

Can't wait to try the green canvas ones.

I’m a month deep into my first pair and they’re still skating so well. Don’t see myself skating anything else for the foreseeable future. At first the price was off putting (still hefty IMO) but I think in the long run I’m saving loot because they don’t blow out after a few sessions. They look good, feel good, perform super well, and are owned by a skateboarder, so it’s a no brainer for me.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #256 on: May 10, 2021, 07:06:35 AM »
Mentioned this before, but damn it bums me out to hear that the soles on these are the first thing to go.

RegularJames

« Reply #257 on: May 13, 2021, 06:38:50 AM »
Anyone know what time the drop is today?  I called a shop that carries them yesterday, and they say they haven't received their shipment yet, didn't know when they would.  So...  Maybe I'll just try and get them off the site?  Shipping's a little high, but oh well I guess.  Anyway...

If anyone knows what time they drop, I'd love to have that info.

kelbywest

• Rep: 3
« Reply #258 on: May 13, 2021, 09:03:41 AM »
Anyone know what time the drop is today?  I called a shop that carries them yesterday, and they say they haven't received their shipment yet, didn't know when they would.  So...  Maybe I'll just try and get them off the site?  Shipping's a little high, but oh well I guess.  Anyway...

The drop is tomorrow my G, 5/14

RegularJames

« Reply #259 on: May 13, 2021, 09:12:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Right you are, had my days mixed up!  Thanks dude.  Any idea what time? 

kelbywest

« Reply #260 on: May 13, 2021, 10:27:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Right you are, had my days mixed up!  Thanks dude.  Any idea what time?

Hm, not sure. I'm going to guess 11 EST as per usual? Never bought them off the site the day of a drop before.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2021, 11:03:24 AM »
Haven't skated mine, just been walking around in them and they're easily some of the most comfortable shoes I've owned. I wear a 10.5 and the fit is spot on for me. Have the black suede lows from drop 2.

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #262 on: May 13, 2021, 09:16:05 PM »
damn I was gonna pick up the all black blazers this weekend but then I saw those orange vm001 with the blue tongue tag

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #263 on: May 14, 2021, 12:57:29 AM »
I’ve had four pairs including a fresh pair from the new drop. Always half a size down and it’s perfect.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #264 on: May 14, 2021, 12:59:35 AM »
I’ve had four pairs including a fresh pair from the new drop. Always half a size down and it’s perfect.
do they stretch out a bit after being broken in?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

brbr

• Rep: 7
« Reply #265 on: May 14, 2021, 02:44:37 AM »
Who tried to remove the insoles? I have custom arch footprints, I'd like to be able to put these in some Last Resort

kelbywest

« Reply #266 on: May 14, 2021, 04:22:29 AM »
Not sure what time the LR site is dropping today but I happened to catch that Black Sheep had their stock going live at midnight--copped the burnt orange VM001, white socks, and of course...the "stick it to the man" tee

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #267 on: May 14, 2021, 06:36:37 AM »
Damn man. I am trying to stay away from rampant consumerism but UGH I WANT THE CANVAS SO BAD.
ok thanks

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #268 on: May 14, 2021, 08:45:18 AM »
My local shop just got the drop, I’ll go check ‘em out tomorrow.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #269 on: May 14, 2021, 02:41:13 PM »
Got the black canvas lows from my local.  I was really torn between going half size down or TTS based on all the feedback here, so that's why I wanted to make sure to go to the shop and try them on.  Ultimately I wound up going TTS.  Whoever said that they run 1/4-size large is exactly right.  It's not really enough to size down, but TTS has a bit of room lengthwise. 

Also, the insole is garbage, it's super thin, even less than newer vans classics i'd say, and more like what you get in non-G6 emericas, or like general release Stan Smiths. It is stitched in, but it's only a thin single-stitch going down the center of the insole, starting from around the back of the arch to the toes.  Just pulling on it already ripped the first few stitches, and I think it would be pretty easy to fully remove with a razor blade.  Probably easier overall than trying to remove some vans classics insoles.  Will report back after I give it a proper effort.    Overall happy with the shoe tho. 

Edit:  the insole is absurdly easy to remove.  If you've ever tried to remove an insole from classic vans, this is like 10x easier.  The left shoe seemed to have 4 small stitches at the arch, and then a completely ineffective glue patch at the ball of the foot.  The right shoe made me second-guess the stitching thing.  There was one "stitch" at the heel, about 2 at the arch, and the same poor glue job at the ball.  I question the stitch thing because it seems that maybe it's just really small patches of super-glue?  I don't see any actual stitches.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 03:03:52 PM by kneebone »