Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 178925 times)

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #750 on: May 05, 2022, 07:00:42 AM »
anyone have on feet pics of the vm001 hi/vm002 low? (sz 12-13)
looking to get a pair as chillers but wonder if they look clownish
bigger sizes tend to do that but some silhouettes work
I wear 12s and I think the hi's look great, not clownish at all (as opposed to my 11.5 CTAS hi which I do think look goofy).  The LRABs are well-proportioned.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #751 on: May 05, 2022, 08:48:48 AM »

I wear a size 12 in suedes and 13 in canvas and to me they look way better than some other shoes. I think because the design keeps the toe relatively short, they don't end up looking like clown shoes. The white VM002s I'm wearing with dress pants in the photos so the pants are a little floody.

Shiro417gunpla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
« Reply #752 on: May 05, 2022, 02:00:01 PM »
No vm002 high sadly dm reply from pontus

https://ibb.co/4M02gV1
corduroy emerica ridgemonts

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #753 on: May 05, 2022, 08:48:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wear a size 12 in suedes and 13 in canvas and to me they look way better than some other shoes. I think because the design keeps the toe relatively short, they don't end up looking like clown shoes. The white VM002s I'm wearing with dress pants in the photos so the pants are a little floody.

BART HARLEY!! Hey, are you normally a 12 or 13 in other shoe brands? I’m like a 12.5 and like a slightly wider toe box so I wear 13s. Just not sure which direction to go in based on the general discussion about the fit on these.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #754 on: May 05, 2022, 10:02:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

BART HARLEY!! Hey, are you normally a 12 or 13 in other shoe brands? I’m like a 12.5 and like a slightly wider toe box so I wear 13s. Just not sure which direction to go in based on the general discussion about the fit on these.

I wear a 13 in vans and Nike, and the size 12 suedes are perfect for me. I would say if you’re getting suedes go for size 12, if you’re getting canvas go for a 13. I have high arches and also like a wider toe box. The only model I haven’t tried yet are the VM003s so I can’t speak to how they fit.

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #755 on: May 06, 2022, 07:27:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I wear a 13 in vans and Nike, and the size 12 suedes are perfect for me. I would say if you’re getting suedes go for size 12, if you’re getting canvas go for a 13. I have high arches and also like a wider toe box. The only model I haven’t tried yet are the VM003s so I can’t speak to how they fit.
Thank you!!! Hopefully some other Bigfoot comes thru and gnars you since I can’t.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #756 on: May 06, 2022, 07:00:47 PM »
Update on my VM001 canvas his: The VM001 suede los are probably my favorite shoe of the past couple of years. My expectations were not high for the canvas, but I figured I'd skate them and get them out of the way. I've been super pleasantly surprised with how they skate and how long they've lasted. Super durable, I've just had to apply shoe goo to my main ollie hole but otherwise I've been running them a couple of months no problem. The biggest issue I've had (as other LAB riders now) is the sole wearing. One of my locals is super slippery and I feel like I can barely push sometimes because the sole has no grip anymore. I think after these I'll try to get my hands on a pair of the VM003s.

If anyone's considering them, I'd say go for it you won't be disappointed.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #757 on: May 07, 2022, 10:11:58 AM »
I’m on my third pair of VM001 Hi’s and the sole definitely wears on the quicker side but honestly I haven’t noticed much of a difference in the actual grip even as the sole starts to smooth over. By the time it begins to feels slippery other aspects of the shoe have already started to deteriorate as well. Basically it looks way worse than it feels in my experience. Best kicks.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #758 on: May 08, 2022, 10:14:16 AM »
Update on my VM001 canvas his: The VM001 suede los are probably my favorite shoe of the past couple of years. My expectations were not high for the canvas, but I figured I'd skate them and get them out of the way. I've been super pleasantly surprised with how they skate and how long they've lasted. Super durable, I've just had to apply shoe goo to my main ollie hole but otherwise I've been running them a couple of months no problem. The biggest issue I've had (as other LAB riders now) is the sole wearing. One of my locals is super slippery and I feel like I can barely push sometimes because the sole has no grip anymore. I think after these I'll try to get my hands on a pair of the VM003s.

This picture inspired me to finally buy the true blue canvas high ones.  Skated a few pairs of the lows but I’ve never had the highs.  They look so good. 

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #759 on: May 08, 2022, 10:27:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This picture inspired me to finally buy the true blue canvas high ones.  Skated a few pairs of the lows but I’ve never had the highs.  They look so good.

Hell yeah. They just skate so good. And I get crazy compliments on them.

Jacorpes

• Rep: 4
« Reply #760 on: May 09, 2022, 01:22:36 AM »
I’m on my third pair of VM001 Hi’s and the sole definitely wears on the quicker side but honestly I haven’t noticed much of a difference in the actual grip even as the sole starts to smooth over. By the time it begins to feels slippery other aspects of the shoe have already started to deteriorate as well. Basically it looks way worse than it feels in my experience. Best kicks.

Same here. I skate mine until I get a hole under my toe and even then they still have enough grip for me. My last pair of VM001s lasted 65 hours of skating.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #761 on: May 09, 2022, 03:13:18 AM »
Is there a VM003 hi in the works?

mamba

• Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
« Reply #762 on: May 09, 2022, 07:58:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same here. I skate mine until I get a hole under my toe and even then they still have enough grip for me. My last pair of VM001s lasted 65 hours of skating.

Same. Ideally it wouldn't wear down as fast but the grip is still there after it wears down. I've noticed that once the main tread wears away, there is a zig zag pattern that reveals itself under the big toe area, and that gives it more grip.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #763 on: May 09, 2022, 12:57:31 PM »
Has anyone whose skated the VM003 had a problem with the collar rubbing the back of their ankle? Since the VM003 doesn't have like padded collar like the 001 or 002, I wonder if anyones had an issue. I assume it's not any worse than vans authentics but I know if I don't have a pair for a while or if I push in them for too long I get irritation.

Also, any notes on the sizing? Vm003 same sizing as the VM001 canvas?

Jacorpes

• Rep: 4
« Reply #764 on: May 10, 2022, 01:21:28 AM »
Has anyone whose skated the VM003 had a problem with the collar rubbing the back of their ankle? Since the VM003 doesn't have like padded collar like the 001 or 002, I wonder if anyones had an issue. I assume it's not any worse than vans authentics but I know if I don't have a pair for a while or if I push in them for too long I get irritation.

Mine rubbed a tiny bit the first time I wore them but by the time I actually got around to skating them they were absolutely fine. I love the slimness of them and I think they're my favourite LRAB shoe so far. I want to give the canvas highs a go next because they're unpadded too.

Edit: They fit me much better than the suede VM001 & 2, but they're my first canvas pair so I can't comment on how they're different from the canvas VM001. The lack of padding means the heel fits really snug and the different toe box allows you to tighten them more than the VM001 & 2.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #765 on: May 10, 2022, 09:01:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Mine rubbed a tiny bit the first time I wore them but by the time I actually got around to skating them they were absolutely fine. I love the slimness of them and I think they're my favourite LRAB shoe so far. I want to give the canvas highs a go next because they're unpadded too.

Edit: They fit me much better than the suede VM001 & 2, but they're my first canvas pair so I can't comment on how they're different from the canvas VM001. The lack of padding means the heel fits really snug and the different toe box allows you to tighten them more than the VM001 & 2.

Awesome, thanks. I found a pair on sale in my usual size so i pulled the trigger. I'm about done with my VM001 his, you should definitely grab a pair.

Knee Pain

• Rep: 42
« Reply #766 on: May 13, 2022, 02:05:00 PM »

Been considering these for a while, but went for the suede VM001 lows for summer. Reckon I will pick a pair of the canvas hi up next.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #767 on: May 13, 2022, 03:29:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Hell yeah. They just skate so good. And I get crazy compliments on them.

I went to TTS on them too and they fit… great.  Makes me wonder if I could’ve been doing that the whole time instead of shoving my feet into half a size down haha

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #768 on: May 17, 2022, 12:29:19 AM »
im a true 12.5 in shoes. criminally neglected size in footwear
do i go with size 12 or 13?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #769 on: May 17, 2022, 01:08:15 AM »
i’d recommend half size down personally. i have the suede highs suede lows and canvas lows all in the same size (10) and they fit perfect. i’m 10.5 tts :)

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #770 on: May 17, 2022, 09:56:50 AM »

Any suede, size down to 12. Canvas is a little tougher, but I would say go 13 unless you like shoes to feel really fitted/snug.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #771 on: May 18, 2022, 11:02:37 AM »

LRAB VM003s just showed up yesterday, they actually feel great. Going to wear them for a bit but looking forward to skating them in a couple of weeks.

Cross post from the Shoe thread. So excited for these guys. Sizing is actually closer to the Suede VM001/VM002s I think, so I would recommend a half size down for people interested in them. They're definitely wider than my Canvas VM001s and the toe box is nice and roomy.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #772 on: May 19, 2022, 05:16:47 AM »
went and tried both the vm001 hi + vm002
half a size down = perfect for both but the 002s won
they seamlessly fit with my pants/style. will snag more colors
loved old skools in hs but id be embarrassed to rock vans today
these remind me of an old college flame
but she graduated from hard seltzer to champagne
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #773 on: May 19, 2022, 06:59:58 AM »
Expand Quote

LRAB VM003s just showed up yesterday, they actually feel great. Going to wear them for a bit but looking forward to skating them in a couple of weeks.
[close]

Cross post from the Shoe thread. So excited for these guys. Sizing is actually closer to the Suede VM001/VM002s I think, so I would recommend a half size down for people interested in them. They're definitely wider than my Canvas VM001s and the toe box is nice and roomy.

I went to the shop, tried on canvas hi VM001s in a 1/2 size down, they were too tight, bought canvas VM003 lo’s in tts, too loose (but I really dig them).
I haven’t tried the VM002s, yet.
I think I’m half size down in suede, and the VM003s.
All that to say, super dope shoes. Will be getting more. Ended up on a surprise 10 mile walk the other day and feet felt great.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2196
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #774 on: May 19, 2022, 06:25:52 PM »
Is there a VM003 hi in the works?

Yes. Coming out in fall.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #775 on: May 19, 2022, 06:38:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

great looking shoes but they get dirty so quickly …

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #776 on: May 19, 2022, 06:41:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
great looking shoes but they get dirty so quickly …

Yeah but personally I love that. Especially for my skate shoes, I like when a light shoe gets really filthy.

IpathCats

« Reply #777 on: May 19, 2022, 07:31:34 PM »
Every time I see "new" on this thread, I click it, hoping for something about the cupsoles. No one's posted anything yet, but boy when they do... I'll definitely read it.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #778 on: May 19, 2022, 07:59:10 PM »
Every time I see "new" on this thread, I click it, hoping for something about the cupsoles. No one's posted anything yet, but boy when they do... I'll definitely read it.
yeah, I’m kinda the same!
In the meantime I guess I’ll give spanly all my money…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #779 on: May 19, 2022, 11:45:07 PM »
Hahaha. Same.
Came here to ask if there’s been any leaks or updates on them.