Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 183889 times)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1290 on: March 14, 2023, 08:05:25 AM »
yes its a pro shoe
yes i want em
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

The real veganshawn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 98
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #1291 on: March 14, 2023, 09:01:46 PM »
Hopefully a vegan color soon
Cocteau Twins

Jacorpes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1292 on: March 15, 2023, 01:46:40 AM »

My skateshop guy showed me the VM003 canvas highs and they have a sort of black and white printed-on leather texture with black foxing. They go really hard imo and I'm surprised nobody's leaked them.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1293 on: March 15, 2023, 06:48:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My skateshop guy showed me the VM003 canvas highs and they have a sort of black and white printed-on leather texture with black foxing. They go really hard imo and I'm surprised nobody's leaked them.
Those black/white "cracked" ones were posted in the background of one of the LRAB ig stories last week. They'll be coming out with this newest drop on Friday.
For @therealveganshawn, I commented on one of the recent Milic pro posts: "want a vegan version real bad" and Pontus liked it, so maybe there's hope!

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1294 on: March 15, 2023, 06:58:31 AM »
Can anyone give some insight on how any LR shoes fit? Should i order a half size down or normal size? Do they fit similar to cons? I wanted to order some and dont have any local shops to go try them on at. Thanks for any info

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1295 on: March 15, 2023, 07:16:49 AM »
Before the new insole I would say slightly
Big, not 1/2 size but if you are in between sizes I would go 1/2 down. But if always the same size then tts. But they have a new drop in sole and not sure how they fit now.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #1296 on: March 15, 2023, 07:32:30 AM »
Before the new insole I would say slightly
Big, not 1/2 size but if you are in between sizes I would go 1/2 down. But if always the same size then tts. But they have a new drop in sole and not sure how they fit now.

Thanks!! Appreciate it...that answers my question perfectly because i am in between sizes where sometimes the normal size is too big and the half size down is a little snug on most shoes

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #1297 on: March 15, 2023, 01:48:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Those black/white "cracked" ones were posted in the background of one of the LRAB ig stories last week. They'll be coming out with this newest drop on Friday.
For @therealveganshawn, I commented on one of the recent Milic pro posts: "want a vegan version real bad" and Pontus liked it, so maybe there's hope!
Cracked canvas print shown here:

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #1298 on: March 16, 2023, 12:23:10 AM »
Can anyone give some insight on how any LR shoes fit? Should i order a half size down or normal size? Do they fit similar to cons? I wanted to order some and dont have any local shops to go try them on at. Thanks for any info
there is a discussion of this one and / or two pages back in this thread. if i would be reordering again, i would go a half size down, so 11.5 instead of us12. definitely.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #1299 on: March 16, 2023, 01:32:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
there is a discussion of this one and / or two pages back in this thread. if i would be reordering again, i would go a half size down, so 11.5 instead of us12. definitely.

Half size down would be my choice too, I love them because I wear 13US and they feel like a 13,5US, unfortunately this size doesn't exist in any skate brand and sometimes 13 is too tight.

In my opinion the canvas version has more a tight fit and the suede ones feel more loose.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #1300 on: March 16, 2023, 04:36:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Cracked canvas print shown here:

I’m getting heavy Airwalk/Vision Street Wear vibes from those, and it makes my inner 10-year old kinda stoked.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1301 on: March 16, 2023, 06:05:16 AM »
Fuck yeah do a red stipple with a little ollie patch

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1302 on: March 16, 2023, 06:53:23 AM »
Mall punk vibes from those cracked ones. But heaps of people mash together styles now so they can work for everybody.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1303 on: March 16, 2023, 02:51:31 PM »
Fuck yeah do a red stipple with a little ollie patch
AND the shelltoe!
Personally I was all about the grey stiple with the yellow stripe on the foxing tape.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

swongolianbbq

• Rep: 44
« Reply #1304 on: March 16, 2023, 03:07:24 PM »
I'm in between 8.5 and 9 in LRAB. Last year I skated the 8.5 vm001s and they were dope, like a sock but not a lotta protection, and the sz 9 vm001's w/ a superfeet flexthin footbed on top of the insole, which has dat squish but still amazing board feel.

Just got some size 9 vm001s hi again, in a powdery blue color, for snowskating. I have room for a winter weight sealskinz waterproof sock in there comfortably with just the stock insole, and if I wanna use em in the spring I can just add the superfeet footbeds right on top . I just used a heat gun to bake a buncha sno-seal wax into em and it darkened em up to a more navy blue and they feel more robust and will certainly be more water resistant, I've only done the left shoe so far but I'll get some before after pics and stuff, it turned out great. I feel like dunk highs a half size up might be the best shoe for snowskating but they're $$$ and often wacky colors. I would love to impregnate some of those green decons or something with snow seal hahah

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
« Reply #1305 on: March 16, 2023, 03:59:21 PM »
Mall punk vibes from those cracked ones. But heaps of people mash together styles now so they can work for everybody.

Definitely not into those, at all, but do respect the vision of putting out stuff that doesn’t look like anything other companies are doing.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1306 on: March 16, 2023, 06:52:39 PM »
So they’re just the VM001 with a toe cap?

Nah they're a vulc samba minus any detail about the samba that would make it appealing to look at and structured while skating.

I like the other LR, but the blank side panel looks weird. Like a Wal Mart Samba knock off. I would be called Strikerz or some vaguely soccer related term and the dude that works the frier at Mc Donalds that just got out of prison wears them.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1307 on: March 16, 2023, 07:17:21 PM »
Close up of the new insole, man it feels so nice. Makes the shoes fit closer to tts.
This will be the turning point for the brand.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #1308 on: March 16, 2023, 07:56:12 PM »
Close up of the new insole, man it feels so nice. Makes the shoes fit closer to tts.

big if true

(for me at least)

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #1309 on: March 16, 2023, 08:03:13 PM »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1310 on: March 16, 2023, 08:40:59 PM »
How long until LR is basically using a PopCush copy?

buggot

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1311 on: March 17, 2023, 03:58:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

big if true

(for me at least)

How much will those be? They look sick

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1291
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1312 on: March 17, 2023, 07:35:27 AM »

They fact that they are described as the softest insoles got me worried. I need it to be 30 percent cushy and 70 percent firm and supportive. Oh well, at least it not being glued in at all makes a switch that much easier.

IpathCats

« Reply #1313 on: March 17, 2023, 07:40:04 AM »
I would be very surprised if the insoles remain soft over time. Unless they are some fancy expensive material, theyre just gonna flatten out and provide little to no impact protection sooner or later.

I dont own them though so I dont know personally.

But most stock insoles just suck, i have no reason to believe these are any different.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #1314 on: March 17, 2023, 07:59:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

big if true

(for me at least)
[close]

$95 on 35th

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #1315 on: March 17, 2023, 08:13:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

big if true

(for me at least)
[close]

[close]

$95 on 35th

Really like Millic's pro model in Frog green, after watching GH's review and this post, gonna pull the trigger on a pair in my true size since the new insole has it more TTS it seems

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1316 on: March 17, 2023, 11:53:24 AM »
I would be very surprised if the insoles remain soft over time. Unless they are some fancy expensive material, theyre just gonna flatten out and provide little to no impact protection sooner or later.

I dont own them though so I dont know personally.

But most stock insoles just suck, i have no reason to believe these are any different.

Foam doesn't firm up over time in lots of applications. A friend of mine makes custom mattresses for RVs and camper vans and helped me build mine, but his number one piece of feedback is that even memory foams won't get firmer over time.

Still a good move for LR. Their demographic isn't wanting a super structured firm insole and/or might be keen to swapping it anyways. It's better than it was and they can always sell a firmer or different version.

logjammin

• Rep: 333
« Reply #1317 on: March 18, 2023, 06:45:58 PM »
I skated a pair of VM001 lows in the black suede when LRAB first dropped. Had that weird peeling foxing tape thing. Had to pry out the glued insoles and use Vans ones so I could at least have some decent impact protection. After they wore out I never really cared to try them again but they weren’t bad.

Saw the new “dusty green” colorway of the VM001 and my local got them in, so I impulsively drove up and got them today. Haven’t skated them or anything but they still fit the same (tts) and the insole is pretty damn comfy. Not as thick in the heel like Vans which is a little too much until they start to kinda pack down. These ones don’t feel too stiff or too soft. Just a nice middle ground. I’ve never tried footprint or any of those aftermarket insoles to compare them to, but I’d say they offer at least the same protection as Vans, just less dramatic heel lift.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #1318 on: March 18, 2023, 07:30:25 PM »

This was the promo pic I got from a shop about them.

I hadn't seen this pic posted here yet, even though at least others have posted other pics of it.

I wonder how long until Vans files a lawsuit because the name is too close to ComfyCush :v

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #1319 on: March 18, 2023, 07:40:01 PM »
I wonder how long until Vans files a lawsuit because the name is too close to ComfyCush :v

that was bugging me and i didn't know why, comfycush isn't one i ever think of.

gonna have to change it to piss plush next drop.