Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 178958 times)

Threadz

Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1320 on: March 19, 2023, 09:31:18 PM »
Has anyone been able to try any pairs from drop 10 yet with the new insoles?

If so, is it still recommend to go 1/2 size down or TTS now re the Gifted Hater video?

Jacorpes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #1321 on: March 20, 2023, 12:54:21 AM »

If so, is it still recommend to go 1/2 size down or TTS now re the Gifted Hater video?

I skated the canvas highs for an hour yesterday and Gifted’s review is pretty spot on. I wore them TTS with the OG insoles before and they were a tiny bit loose, D10 are a tiny a bit tight on me. The experience of skating them was he describes too. They feel much more like a pro Vans shoe and it took a little getting used to. Also my feet got hotter than in my other canvas pairs. I don’t know if that’s down to the insole, print or some other change I don’t know about.

Edit: It sounds like a load of negatives but they are definitely a huge upgrade and worth the wait. Photos don’t do the cracked colourway justice either. I got tons of compliments for them at the skatepark and from randos in the pub.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 01:24:21 AM by Jacorpes »

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #1322 on: March 20, 2023, 12:44:03 PM »

I got tts and they feel perfect, I tried on the .5 down too and they felt too tight so I’d agree tts is a safe bet

kelbywest

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1323 on: March 20, 2023, 02:41:55 PM »
Got the Milics in a .5 size down like I usually have in the suede shoes and they feel a smidge tight I reckon. I guess I should've listened and gone TTS.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #1324 on: March 22, 2023, 06:42:41 AM »

I'm down for the loafers

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 300
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1325 on: March 22, 2023, 08:47:06 AM »

chronicbackpain

• Rep: 157
« Reply #1326 on: March 22, 2023, 10:23:50 PM »
The soles do not look good on loafers but maybe they look better in person. Also, they would be better without the tassels.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1327 on: March 24, 2023, 02:48:57 PM »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #1328 on: March 26, 2023, 09:18:23 AM »
Got my new canvas high tops today (black crackle ones) they fit snug a size down but feel good, the canvas will stretch some. The new insoles feel nice.
Cocteau Twins

FunnyBunny

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1329 on: March 26, 2023, 03:19:54 PM »
Just picked up vm001 from the latest drop, went with size 9 (was wearing 9.5 in the crockets if that helps anyone. They’re a bit skinny but I think they’ll be pretty perfect when they stretch a bit.  I’m hoping these skate as well as I think they will and I can finally move away from vans-too many issues with the foxing separating from the sole or suede upper.  Anyone have issues with separating?  I’d really like these to be my go to, and I think the new insole is gonna finally make LR’s a shoe I wanna skate

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1330 on: March 26, 2023, 05:46:27 PM »
I can say after a week of skating the milics I’m a huge fan, best vulc I’ve skated in a while and I haven’t skated lows this comfortably in years. My local shop has the green pair in my size so I’ll probably get another pair before they’re gone.

pops

• Rep: 219
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1331 on: March 26, 2023, 09:07:26 PM »
I ended up hating the suede vm001 highs because they just fit like shit and make my feet and back hurt. I had the canvas lows and highs previously and the highs were a little too snug and never broke in. I loved the lows, though. Would like to try the vm003 or milics, they seem like a roomier fit than vm001.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #1332 on: March 27, 2023, 05:43:05 AM »
Are they phasing out the VM002? That was my favorite of their shoes. My local doesn’t carry that model, as they said no one bought them.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Argyle

• Rep: 38
« Reply #1333 on: March 27, 2023, 05:59:24 AM »
Are they phasing out the VM002? That was my favorite of their shoes. My local doesn’t carry that model, as they said no one bought them.

Hopefully not. I love the 002's but I've been skating 003 high alot more lately. Maybe since they released that, plus the cupsole coming out they've decided to slow down the 002?

mamba

• Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
« Reply #1334 on: March 27, 2023, 07:01:41 AM »
I'll say out of the 001 and 003 (haven't skated the 004 yet), the 002 have no appeal to me. Mainly because the both the ones I listed skated so good. Idk the 002 don't have the "it" factor for me but maybe i'll skate some

Jacorpes

« Reply #1335 on: March 27, 2023, 07:22:57 AM »
I'll say out of the 001 and 003 (haven't skated the 004 yet), the 002 have no appeal to me. Mainly because the both the ones I listed skated so good. Idk the 002 don't have the "it" factor for me but maybe i'll skate some

Same here, the 002 is the only one I stopped skating before they were completely wrecked so I could use them as my beater shoes. something about the way they fit feels a little less secure than the 001 and 003 and I love the way the canvas highs skate.

IpathCats

« Reply #1336 on: March 28, 2023, 09:26:53 AM »
Where can i get some white replacement laces for my VM001's? (low top)

I've seen LARB replacement laces online but i havent seen them specify what models they're for. I don't want to purchase the wrong length laces.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #1337 on: March 28, 2023, 10:03:07 AM »
Just picked up vm001 from the latest drop, went with size 9 (was wearing 9.5 in the crockets if that helps anyone. They’re a bit skinny but I think they’ll be pretty perfect when they stretch a bit.  I’m hoping these skate as well as I think they will and I can finally move away from vans-too many issues with the foxing separating from the sole or suede upper.  Anyone have issues with separating?  I’d really like these to be my go to, and I think the new insole is gonna finally make LR’s a shoe I wanna skate

Shoe sizing in general is so weird to me. I've had about 5 pairs of Crocketts and 5 pairs of lrab suede high. I do 9 in Crockett and 9.5 in lr. In all shoes I pull the insoles and use fp. Overall I like the lr more, i don't like multiple layers and stiching on the toe like Crockett have.

Would try the loafers (especially in a different colorway) for when I have to work in office.

If they make the suede high in a cup that might be my shoe for the foreseeable future.

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1338 on: March 28, 2023, 12:10:07 PM »
Where can i get some white replacement laces for my VM001's? (low top)

I've seen LARB replacement laces online but i havent seen them specify what models they're for. I don't want to purchase the wrong length laces.

They have them on the LRAB site, I believe the lows are the 120 cm cause they only come in 120 or 130

BL0B

• Rep: 412
« Reply #1339 on: March 28, 2023, 01:04:31 PM »

are their laces any good, they look kinda crappy to me? i would look at aftermarkets of the same lenght.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #1340 on: March 28, 2023, 11:08:58 PM »
in general the laces are good, pretty thick and 100% cotton. they hold up quite well.
if you put some superglue on them in the affected areas they hold up perfectly well too.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1341 on: April 04, 2023, 05:38:41 PM »
I got the lastest version of the VM001 Hi suede.

I understand why some people are saying go TTS, the fit is slightly different to where it doesn't feel super roomy. However, I tried a half size down and the shoe fit way better and more snug. Even if it feels a hair too snug, I know the shoe will eventually stretch out. I ended up going half size down; definitely try on multiple sizes before purchasing.

So far these shoes are a definite upgrade from the previous versions. They really remind me of Converse CONS back when they used Lunarlon (although I'm not going to claim CloudyCush performs 1:1 to Lunarlon, it's just the closest comparison I could make).

I'm still weary about the sole longevity, but time will tell.

Dong Hanglo

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1342 on: April 16, 2023, 03:13:34 AM »
Been skating Vans since the checkered tag ones came out three years ago. I really like the way they skate. Especially fond of the slip ons. Am I going to be bummed if I get a pair of 001s? How comparable are the two brands now that they use similar Vulc with a drop in insole designs?
is the last resort insole more or less supportive?
I only ask because money sux.
Thanks.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1343 on: April 16, 2023, 04:36:33 AM »
Been skating Vans since the checkered tag ones came out three years ago. I really like the way they skate. Especially fond of the slip ons. Am I going to be bummed if I get a pair of 001s? How comparable are the two brands now that they use similar Vulc with a drop in insole designs?
Thanks.

Vans Slip-Ons have a quite wide toebox. Last Resorts are the polar opposite. They’re very narrow.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1344 on: April 16, 2023, 12:11:14 PM »
Thanks.

The grip wears really fast on last resorts and the insole is a lot thinner. They're generally not very durable and the suede bags out a lot too.

Jacorpes

« Reply #1345 on: April 17, 2023, 06:04:54 AM »
Thanks.

I used to skate Slip-on pros, then moved to skating LRAB when D1 came out. I'd describe them as beating Vans at their own game, so more boardfeel, grippier rubber, a little narrower and more pointy. I've never had the foxing peel away from the outsole either like it did on half my Vans. Before D10 they were very hardcore in terms of boardfeel to cushioning ratio, but the new insole makes them more in-line with Vans and I've been jumping out of things with no problem. Maybe marginally less arch support than Vans but I think I prefer that. As loads of other people say, the tread pattern wears off fast, but I don't think it makes them any less grippy since you have more griptape contact on a bald sole.

Edit: The suede ones do get a little floppy. If you're willing to do a little bit of Shoe-gooing the canvas ones are way better imo.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #1346 on: April 17, 2023, 07:19:20 AM »
Thanks.

I'm not satisfied with the quality of the shoe, especially since I had to pay $100 for them (some of the good vulcs and cupsoles on the market cost much less than this).

Sole still wears out fast, albeit not as fast as the old versions but still isn't long lasting. I've had my pair for about 2 weeks and the sole is nearly bald and I found my feet slipping off my board half the time.

Insole is alright. Definitely meant for low impact skaters, but they aren't glued to the shoe anymore so you can easily replace them with whatever.

Suede quality is fine, but the dye isn't. The color is already extremely faded to where it looks like I've been skating the shoe for months.

The toebox is much narrower than Vans and won't give you much wiggle room, if at all.

Since you really like the current skate Vans, I think you'll be really disappointed with Last Resort. My pair felt really nice for first few days and then went to shit afterwards. I put on my old Half Cabs today and was instantly reminded why I used to wear Vans a lot prior to looking at other shoe brands.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1347 on: April 17, 2023, 01:43:44 PM »
i have the vm001 hi in canvas. they look like shit after wearing them only a couple times. they are not broken, they just look very beat up and faded already. i like that. but imo lrabs aren't better than vans. i find the sole to be incredibly heavy, which feels weird. i skated a bit in them for two times, but that was the old insole. i decided to keep them as strict chillers.
fuck it i'll just rate them like this:

style 8/10 i like the shoe, especially when worn on foot it looks way better than just in pics
fit(width and such) 5/10 cause a chore to get in and out, very long and narrow fit, bad heel lock
insole(old one) 6/10 it's alright honestly, but no real impact protection. feels like a better vans standards footbed.
wear&tear 4/10 after the first week the shoes looked like they were two years old. i'm okay with this, but it's weird. the soles hard edges peeled off in a very unappealing way as well. didn't affect fit or so, but also just weird. now i payed euro price, so for me these are actually cheaper than most vans(about 5 bucks) and for that, the shoes are ok. i wouldn't pay us prices ever for these, sorry.

Dong Hanglo

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1348 on: April 18, 2023, 03:18:29 AM »
Really appreciate it.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1349 on: April 18, 2023, 10:28:32 AM »
Really appreciate it.

with the new insoles and for a discount, i would give these still a shot if you like them. they seem to skate well for most people that are into vulcs like that. just don't expect to get a premium experience compared to a vans skate line model. i think they are overpriced for what they deliver on the performance front, i'm still happy i have mine. they are reasonably comfy enough to be worn as chillers and it's just a good looking pair of shoes. i think the price is more justified if you are a lot into the looks and just want to support a smaller company.

i feel like my first comment sounded more bitter on them than i actually feel, but that is because in europe these are cheaper and often go on sale, but i judged it as a hypothetical 100+ bucks shoe. i feel like they belong in the 70-90 price range, maybe 100 for the cupsole model. i got my pair for around 50 euros. and for that price, even with the weird sole peeling, they are totally fine. they feel like upgraded chucks to me.