Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 185021 times)

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1650 on: February 12, 2024, 07:51:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Those wallabee looking shoe are really something – it's probably just my anxiety of rolling my ankle, but these look like instant ankle rollers with the height of their outer soles and how low they are cut.

In another life (with better ankles) I could definitively see me rocking those
[close]

not that it will change your mind, but i don't think they are cut any lower than the rest of the LRAB lows. flipping back and forth between images on foot and store shots isn't helping me solve that though

all that said, i'm wondering if they'll do a high/mid version
[close]

I see, what you mean. But the way wallabee style shoes are made, I find the upper less stable than your regular shoe that has laces up to the front of my foot

ah yeah, you are absolutely correct there. my admiration to anyone that skates them, but if i grab them they will be chillers

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #1651 on: February 12, 2024, 08:05:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Those wallabee looking shoe are really something – it's probably just my anxiety of rolling my ankle, but these look like instant ankle rollers with the height of their outer soles and how low they are cut.

In another life (with better ankles) I could definitively see me rocking those
[close]

not that it will change your mind, but i don't think they are cut any lower than the rest of the LRAB lows. flipping back and forth between images on foot and store shots isn't helping me solve that though

all that said, i'm wondering if they'll do a high/mid version
[close]

I see, what you mean. But the way wallabee style shoes are made, I find the upper less stable than your regular shoe that has laces up to the front of my foot
[close]

ah yeah, you are absolutely correct there. my admiration to anyone that skates them, but if i grab them they will be chillers

skating them sounds absolutely bonkers. My ankles are so fucked that even using them as chillers would put me in danger. lol

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1652 on: February 13, 2024, 03:36:45 PM »
every time i see the cm001s
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Tiltmode Army Reservist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
  • RIP Ben Raemers
« Reply #1653 on: February 13, 2024, 04:27:26 PM »

These are gonna look perfect when I'm onstage with my Rockabilly band. Maybe they'll help me snag a Rockabitch.

Disclaimer: I love Last Resort AND Jason Adams. His part in "Bag of Suck" (especially with that Joe Strummer song) is one of my all-time favorites.
RIP Ben Raemers

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1654 on: February 14, 2024, 07:45:09 AM »
Wouldn’t wear any of those shoes but I love The Kid on LRAB, that rules.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #1655 on: February 14, 2024, 08:06:02 AM »
I know if I search this thread I'll probably find my answer but, about the last resort vm003. Should I get the same size I wear in blazer mids or half size bigger?

I find the blazer mids to be a little snug but if I half size up they're too big

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #1656 on: February 15, 2024, 12:23:57 AM »
I know if I search this thread I'll probably find my answer but, about the last resort vm003. Should I get the same size I wear in blazer mids or half size bigger?

I find the blazer mids to be a little snug but if I half size up they're too big

Not a direct answer but might help, I'm size us10 in dunks and Shane O'Neils shoe (which is EUR 44 for some reason in Nike). I ordered vm003's in size us10 (EUR 43) and they are way too big. I think even a half size down would be too big.
Edit: forgot I have GT blazer lows also in size us 10 that fit, but rub my ankle, like the sides of the shoes are too high or something.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 12:47:28 AM by Síota »

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1657 on: February 20, 2024, 12:00:42 PM »
Billy Strings wearing LRABs on Theo Vons Podcast

Thought it was cool to see them outside of skateboarding, I feel like they make great simple staple shoes. Almost any outfit worn with vans would look just as good or better with LRABs

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1658 on: February 20, 2024, 12:41:13 PM »
Billy Strings wearing LRABs on Theo Vons Podcast

Thought it was cool to see them outside of skateboarding, I feel like they make great simple staple shoes. Almost any outfit worn with vans would look just as good or better with LRABs

agree that they look nice. i wear my vm003s even tho they are way overdue for the bin. kind of frightening to skate in (canvas low tops). very comfy to walk around in

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1659 on: February 20, 2024, 02:09:14 PM »
Have I posted about my CM001d? Who knows but I love them.  Easily a full size undersized but the most comfy skate shoe I’ve tried outside of a Vulc. My feet are super flat so NB440s killed my arch which sucks. But the CMs are flexy, great grip and snug foot shape fit. If I got a 12.5 (normally fit 11) they’d be the dream shoe.

Still think they look like orthopaedic bowling shoes though.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #1660 on: February 20, 2024, 02:19:48 PM »
Have I posted about my CM001d? Who knows but I love them.  Easily a full size undersized but the most comfy skate shoe I’ve tried outside of a Vulc. My feet are super flat so NB440s killed my arch which sucks. But the CMs are flexy, great grip and snug foot shape fit. If I got a 12.5 (normally fit 11) they’d be the dream shoe.

Sad because I've been eyeing a pair since they've come out, but I can't get over the fact that they lifted elements of the gazelle and samba, smashed it all together, and got something that doesn't capture the street-soccer vibes of the samba, nor the lad-terrace vibes of the gazelle. I want to like it.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1661 on: February 20, 2024, 03:10:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Sad because I've been eyeing a pair since they've come out, but I can't get over the fact that they lifted elements of the gazelle and samba, smashed it all together, and got something that doesn't capture the street-soccer vibes of the samba, nor the lad-terrace vibes of the gazelle. I want to like it.
no? It’s up to you decide to how to apply it. It’s just a shoe. What’s a lad terrace

It’s great to hear it’s comfortable. Dont want to bring up sizing ever LR post either.

thehogsniper

« Reply #1662 on: February 20, 2024, 03:46:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
no? It’s up to you decide to how to apply it. It’s just a shoe. What’s a lad terrace

It’s great to hear it’s comfortable. Dont want to bring up sizing ever LR post either.
It's a mish-mash of a bunch of previously existing shoes, but looks a lot like a samba. Something about it will always look slightly unfinished to me, and not cohesive. Also by lad-terrace I mean casuals culture.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1663 on: February 20, 2024, 04:25:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
It's a mish-mash of a bunch of previously existing shoes, but looks a lot like a samba. Something about it will always look slightly unfinished to me, and not cohesive. Also by lad-terrace I mean casuals culture.

yeah you nailed it with the not a samba and not terrace-like. i don't even want to blame the colorways, but it didn't help

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1664 on: February 20, 2024, 07:33:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Just weird color choices too.  I got a green with black soled pair for $40, and if it was a gum sole it'd look way sicker.  They're just chunky lil plump boiz but the feel is worth the slightly bodgy look.  Gifted Hater recently said they're getting an overhaul and will be more 'tech' so maybe going a bit NBish?

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1665 on: February 20, 2024, 07:44:34 PM »
yeah the sole alone doesn't give me samba vibes as much as the toe cap on a few toes resemble it

either way I know the sales are down..

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1666 on: February 20, 2024, 08:25:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Just weird color choices too.  I got a green with black soled pair for $40, and if it was a gum sole it'd look way sicker.  They're just chunky lil plump boiz but the feel is worth the slightly bodgy look.  Gifted Hater recently said they're getting an overhaul and will be more 'tech' so maybe going a bit NBish?

there was this pic, definitely NBish

from sami's IG story

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1667 on: February 21, 2024, 04:37:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

from sami's IG story
[close]

Hmmm. They look kinda Kmart. Hope they also refine and keep the current ones with better colorways.

thehogsniper

« Reply #1668 on: February 21, 2024, 09:57:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

from sami's IG story
[close]
[close]

Hmmm. They look kinda Kmart. Hope they also refine and keep the current ones with better colorways.
It's kinda funny how Pontus was on Emerica/Cons and you can see that influence throughout LRAB. This pair he just did looks like a modernized version of those early emerica/etnies shoes like the screw.

deckwatt

• Rep: 0
  • http://imgur.com/BFmbiGt
« Reply #1669 on: February 21, 2024, 12:23:25 PM »
anyone have an idea when the all suede cm001s are gonna drop? Been skating the cm001 and they are easily the best fitting skate shoe I've had

Jacorpes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1670 on: February 22, 2024, 06:20:12 AM »
anyone have an idea when the all suede cm001s are gonna drop? Been skating the cm001 and they are easily the best fitting skate shoe I've had

I think I saw them say in an Insta comment that it's D14, which my local shop has told me is March. They also responded to someone complaining about the fit with "D14" which implies they're going to change the shape of the toe or something for the suede ones. I'll definitely be picking up a pair if that's true.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1671 on: February 22, 2024, 06:41:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think I saw them say in an Insta comment that it's D14, which my local shop has told me is March. They also responded to someone complaining about the fit with "D14" which implies they're going to change the shape of the toe or something for the suede ones. I'll definitely be picking up a pair if that's true.
I actually liked the stubby fit of the v1 cm001's. Fit my hobbit feet perfectly. Us flintstone feet having mf's can never catch a break.

2fakie

• Rep: 0
  • Dr. Pepper's kidney stone champion
« Reply #1672 on: February 22, 2024, 11:56:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The short toebox is what i love about it. Saw an image they posted on their story and the toebox looked slimmed down to look more like a vm001 or a vans classic. Bummed me out honestly.

Jacorpes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1673 on: February 23, 2024, 12:58:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The short toebox is what i love about it. Saw an image they posted on their story and the toebox looked slimmed down to look more like a vm001 or a vans classic. Bummed me out honestly.

I kind of wish I'd tried some, but I got scared off by everyone saying you should size up. I've never bothered sizing up or down with the VMs and haven't had any problems so I bet the CMs were fine.

emotional_degloving

• Rep: 44
« Reply #1674 on: February 24, 2024, 03:30:57 PM »
probably been asked a million times but how is the general Last Resort cupsole experience? I'm gonna jump ship from soletech to LR but I've heard mixed things about the non-vulc models. Like I've heard they're pretty flexible but if anyone else has made the same jump regarding sizing etc.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1675 on: February 24, 2024, 03:51:01 PM »
probably been asked a million times but how is the general Last Resort cupsole experience? I'm gonna jump ship from soletech to LR but I've heard mixed things about the non-vulc models. Like I've heard they're pretty flexible but if anyone else has made the same jump regarding sizing etc.

For me they’re the best shoe I’ve skated. Just try them on if you can as  12s are usually a tad big on me and these are almost tight. Still love the feel of them though. Flexible, grippy sole, don’t hurt my feet. Love em.

beecee

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1676 on: February 25, 2024, 09:17:20 AM »

dropping thursday

marosb

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1677 on: February 25, 2024, 10:51:57 AM »
Im a huge LR fan but there dont do it for me, looks and durability wise. I feel like they would split at the top maybe after 10 kickflips, you can even see the stitching ripping in second photo.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #1678 on: February 25, 2024, 11:18:52 AM »
Gorgeous shoe, would be super sick as chillers, but just the thought of skating them hurts my ankles.

stupidfuckface

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1679 on: February 25, 2024, 12:10:53 PM »
Im a huge LR fan but there dont do it for me, looks and durability wise. I feel like they would split at the top maybe after 10 kickflips, you can even see the stitching ripping in second photo.
Ipaths were surprisingly durable, hoping these might be similar..