Author Topic: Honor Roll 2020: The Top Women and Non-Traditional Skaters of the Year  (Read 770 times)

captaindoody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -72
  • A turd for you
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/honor-roll-2020-the-top-women-and-non-traditional-skaters-of-the-year/

So we’re not gonna talk about this?
Frankly the term non-traditional is uncomfortable and confusing. People like Alexis and Breanna amongst others are as good as anybody so what gives with creating this separate category ? And I thought we were heading in the direction of we’re all skaters one big happy family . I mean where does someone like Aidan Mackey fit into all this? He is not traditionally a good skater but rips nonetheless so what gives?and yes I know the non traditional has to do with how someone identifies themselves but I think it relates to the style of skating .. The article was written by people I’m assuming are part of the women/ trans lgbtq+ skate scene but this seems like a bust on thrashers part. And of course I can respect these decisions terms if that what is needed etc.. but very surprised Slap has not talked about this article at all.. Alexis SOTY
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 09:06:59 AM by captaindoody »

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Honor Roll 2020: The Top Women and Non-Traditional Skaters of the Year
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 10:06:47 AM »
Alexis, Breanna, Maité are my faves.

I was away from skating for a bit, so when I saw Alexis, the hometown hero still shredding, my soul warmed a bit, imo.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 10:27:41 AM »
All these skaters deserve publicity though and it sucks that it has to happen in pieces like this...or is it cool? I'm very confused. But aye, all these people rip. Non-traditional is a weird choice though and the segregation is yuck. Non-traditional should not mean woman/young girl/lgbtq+ etc.

companguero

• Rep: 248
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 10:36:23 AM »

Better angle on Samarria's flick

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 01:38:42 PM »
The "Most Likely To's" had a few good ones thrown in. Also Trophy Husbend has to be a troll account, right? Otherwise that's the funniest name ever.