Author Topic: 'SMUT' - Glue Skateboards  (Read 2491 times)

GuessAgain?

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
'SMUT' - Glue Skateboards
« on: January 23, 2021, 11:39:10 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgdiU381L2k&ab_channel=ThrasherMagazine

Super sick video in my opinion. Looks like they're having a blast, nice soundtrack too!

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: 'SMUT' - Glue Skateboards
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 11:42:36 AM »
too edgy for me

free max b
FREE MAX B

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 12:18:15 PM »
Missed it the first time around when it was posted on Thrasher.com because I hate the site, especially the video player.

I thought it was gonna be way too edgy 4 me too but it turned out to be a lot of fun, Cher made me want to learn slappy backside 5-0's.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

BH

• Rep: 27
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 12:24:32 PM »
It’s 2021 stop filming in this shit quality. Fun video I guess but damn that footage looks like garbage. Even the titles/graphics looked blurry, I just don’t understand. I actually laughed out loud when they were filming so close they completely missed the Nollie flip, I’m assuming it was, couldn’t see the damn trick at all

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 12:38:48 PM »
Missed it the first time around when it was posted on Thrasher.com because I hate the site, especially the video player.
my bad, didn't realise it had already been released!

It’s 2021 stop filming in this shit quality. Fun video I guess but damn that footage looks like garbage. Even the titles/graphics looked blurry, I just don’t understand.
At first I thought I would have preferred to see these people skate in clean HD but I actually thought it was super fitting to have the fun, DIY low-fi style as they really are out here doing it for themselves

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 08:04:41 PM »
Leo rips

cutman

• Rep: 16
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 08:10:16 PM »
It’s 2021 stop filming in this shit quality. Fun video I guess but damn that footage looks like garbage. Even the titles/graphics looked blurry, I just don’t understand. I actually laughed out loud when they were filming so close they completely missed the Nollie flip, I’m assuming it was, couldn’t see the damn trick at all

its a vhs filter over vx footage

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 08:39:22 PM »
love this vid

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2021, 09:38:06 PM »
Good shit. Skating is good. Look is good. Music is very good.

Some shit definitely could have been re filmed.

I hate hate the filter. I like what Greco did but I'm old.

Who owns the brand?
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2021, 07:47:18 AM »
Cher is the coolest!

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2021, 01:00:55 PM »
Good shit. Skating is good. Look is good. Music is very good.

Some shit definitely could have been re filmed.

I hate hate the filter. I like what Greco did but I'm old.

Who owns the brand?

in their thrasher interview, cher says leo trademarked the name & put cher & stephen's names on there as well.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

lovermangenius

• Rep: 16
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 01:38:11 PM »
Did the Glue boards ever drop? I don't remember seeing them in shops and there's nothing on their website right now.

Enjoyed this a bit more on a second watch. Still think Ostrowski's part isn't as his one in Ether or some of the other stuff of his on youtube. Still good though.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 02:46:16 PM »
wasn't really feeling the skating but they look like they have are having a blast, so that's rad.  i'm never going to be into someone's skating because of what's between their legs or what they are attracted to or what gender they are.

doesn't help that filming and camera quality got old fast.  it's like they wish they were in a GG Allin docuentary

where is home?

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2021, 03:30:39 PM »
Skating was sick, rad crew they've got going as well. But the filming/editing really came across like it was made by a 13 year old trying to imitate Bill Strobeck.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2021, 04:10:23 PM »
seems like no fucks are given. not super exciting but I like it
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2021, 04:21:42 PM »
Did the Glue boards ever drop? I don't remember seeing them in shops and there's nothing on their website right now.

Enjoyed this a bit more on a second watch. Still think Ostrowski's part isn't as his one in Ether or some of the other stuff of his on youtube. Still good though.

They dropped, I got one, and I liked it. I think they may have been overwhelmed by the response, as they haven't been active on Instagram at all really since. I wonder if they are waiting for a distro to pick them up. Being based out of your apartment can't be easy.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2021, 05:36:32 PM »
I like Leo’s stuff at the start a lot, and some of Cher’s shit was sick too. Those slappies have me green with envy. About 8-10 minutes in I lost interest though.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

sk8ordontordie

• Rep: -16
  • I like to skate
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2021, 05:55:38 PM »
I couldn’t finish this vid, level of skating was really low and there was nothing amazing about their styles or trick choices to really keep me interested. Surprised this was posted by thrasher but to each their own hopefully somebody watched the whole thing.
Welcome to slap message board

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2021, 03:21:38 PM »
I enjoyed it, i do like leo and chers footage footage the most. It lost some points for me because of how it looked, even my girl looked up from whatever she was doing and was questioning why they had it look the way it did. Oh well, if they are down with it, thats cool just wasnt a fan myself and the music wasnt for me, like most people said looks like they are having a good time skating so good on em

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2021, 06:42:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They dropped, I got one, and I liked it. I think they may have been overwhelmed by the response, as they haven't been active on Instagram at all really since. I wonder if they are waiting for a distro to pick them up. Being based out of your apartment can't be easy.

Got two. One as a gift. Ps boards that look really nice. Haven’t skated yet. I was startled that the boards are/were ps, fave wood shop.
I think the video was dope. I get why it’s not for everyone.
Leo’s stuff was really good.

animalflesh

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2021, 08:49:36 AM »
I liked the second part a lot and of course Cher

Great music in the vid cool vibe, filming was whatever

weregoingunion

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2021, 09:45:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yeah that drop was a mess. i ordered the video and my order got canceled. they didn't even e-mail me about it, i found out by checking my paypal. i took a risk and ordered another one & it got mailed out. it seems like they were overwhelmed with their first initial run. also heard they have some supreme backing, so you might wanna check one of those shops if you're around one of them for a board? kinda makes sense if they were somehow able to post how they're traveling the country while orders were supposed to be getting shipped.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Rohn_mob_joore

• Rep: -24
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2021, 09:55:24 AM »
Pretty fun video enjoyed it.. idk if I’m crazy but was there a shot of Cher shooting H? Seemed kinda lame to me. I have family that uses and very sympathetic, but she should step up and be a better influence.

weregoingunion

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2021, 10:47:30 AM »
Pretty fun video enjoyed it.. idk if I’m crazy but was there a shot of Cher shooting H? Seemed kinda lame to me. I have family that uses and very sympathetic, but she should step up and be a better influence.

she was injecting hormones. i actually thought it was a nice shot, showing a piece of trans life that doesn't get shown especially in skate videos. i understand the confusion though.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Rohn_mob_joore

• Rep: -24
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2021, 01:15:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

she was injecting hormones. i actually thought it was a nice shot, showing a piece of trans life that doesn't get shown especially in skate videos. i understand the confusion though.

Ah ok. Shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions. I’m glad that’s the case cause she is such an example to trans people out there