Author Topic: I'm glad there are still active forums besides reddit, reddit is so lame.  (Read 4083 times)

cigs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Im glad I can find a forum like slap that isn't a ghost town. Any other forums aside from slap you frequent?

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
Sherdog still is awesome. I mostly lurk there

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
The skateboarding subreddit is so lame, it's nothing but teenagers and 45 year olds that skated for a month in 1992 making rodney mullen references. It's also kind of odd as discussion is completely banned, you're only allowed to post videos and photos of yourself for people to jerk you off over. Like who made that decision, just go on instagram for that. I actually made a discussion focused subreddit in the hope of getting some skate related content on there that wasn't completely cringe but I gave up 5 minutes after creating it and it's still sitting there with 0 posts or followers.

Other than that ukskateforum.co.uk is good for the brits even though everyone on there is about 65
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 01:30:27 PM by Billy Bitchcakes »
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
I also tried venturing into the skate subreddit, and damn is it a bummer place for filthy casuals

cky enthusiast

does someone wanna do a worst of reddit skate thread where we cook people for being kookaholics

codymacfan

• Rep: 21
does someone wanna do a worst of reddit skate thread where we cook people for being kookaholics

Eh it’s not really worthy of a full “circlejerk” thread. Things on Reddit worth making fun of probably have such thread on Reddit already. Ex. r/guitarcirclejerk is amazing

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
kiwifarms?

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
[close]

Eh it’s not really worthy of a full “circlejerk” thread. Things on Reddit worth making fun of probably have such thread on Reddit already. Ex. r/guitarcirclejerk is amazing

r/skateboardcirclejerk already exists, it's actually quite funny at times compared to some of the meme insta accounts
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I haven't bothered with it in a while, but the bodybuilding.com misc section can be pretty funny to browse.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
Beachgrit and stab mag comments section
listen to cosmic psychos

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
Re: I'm glad there are still active forums besides reddit, reddit is so lame.
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 06:19:25 AM »
People on reddit will write full ass scholarly essays about Rodney Mullen as if they're the first ones to know who he is.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 06:32:03 AM »
Music and production forums. Was a big Shroomery user years ago aswell as other drug/psychedelics/plant forums. I lurk on ukskateforum every now and then but it's mostly older guys that have one session a month or not at all.

Happy, sorry

• Rep: -12
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2021, 07:43:11 AM »
You gotta be hip with the lore to sit at the mean girls table jk I think slap is a great resource... see you on deviant art space cowboys....

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 08:18:08 AM »
kiwifarms?

Decent at best, but at its worst it's one of the nastiest places on the internet. Some real deep sea creatures with glowing appendages and translucent skin using that forum. I'm like James Cameron in his sub, i go there to gawk at the freaks and monsters

sketchyrider

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2021, 10:42:36 AM »

beachgrit is weird to me, everything is written in this half sarcastic tone it seems. feels like the contributors never really want to take a particular stand so it ends up feeling bull shitty.

reddit skateboarding is indeed pretty lame, but its like the rest of reddit: get circle jerking to whatever the topic at hand is, or gtfo. the fact that discussion is banned makes no sense for sure.

i liked middleageshred, never posted but its the kind of place where you could nerd out over the merits of different knee pads. its dead though.

really the internet is mostly dead to me, i don't like social media, there are probably decent blogs out there still but have no idea how to find them. youtube is aight when it isn't trying to feed me weird covid19 denial or various right wing lunacy.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 06:11:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

beachgrit is weird to me, everything is written in this half sarcastic tone it seems. feels like the contributors never really want to take a particular stand so it ends up feeling bull shitty.

reddit skateboarding is indeed pretty lame, but its like the rest of reddit: get circle jerking to whatever the topic at hand is, or gtfo. the fact that discussion is banned makes no sense for sure.

i liked middleageshred, never posted but its the kind of place where you could nerd out over the merits of different knee pads. its dead though.

really the internet is mostly dead to me, i don't like social media, there are probably decent blogs out there still but have no idea how to find them. youtube is aight when it isn't trying to feed me weird covid19 denial or various right wing lunacy.

Bro they’re fucking kooks but at the bottom of all the articles punters comment and there’s hella funny shit on there sometimes. Just the comments though

Every second articles about a fucking shark they set their website out in such a way and use like keywords and shit to get more traffic
Tossers
listen to cosmic psychos

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 06:37:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Bro they’re fucking kooks but at the bottom of all the articles punters comment and there’s hella funny shit on there sometimes. Just the comments though

Every second articles about a fucking shark they set their website out in such a way and use like keywords and shit to get more traffic
Tossers

i never went looking for beachgrit but my phone/google news or whatever the fuck it is puts it in my face. it's fucking terribly kooky. stab comments are sensational and always kinda have been
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2021, 07:04:54 AM »
havent been on reddit since like 2014 shit been trash
ONTARIO CANADA

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2021, 11:09:24 AM »
Reddit fucking sucks ass, every time I go through for gear reviews or something similar to do research on this that that  and the other I can't find here.

It's a bunch of has-beens that show off their whack setup with wimpy line's and kooky circus trick's, who the fuck cares?! Or it's a hey should I get this one with this product too?!

Make up your own mind and stop trying to ask for validation, it's pathetic these day's kid's and some adult's can't handle making a decision without validation.

Dueces Bitch's

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2021, 03:03:44 PM »
Never look at skate shit on reddit but browse through Home and Popular on a daily basis for general news and the wide range of other interesting/entertaining shit.  It’s also been super helpful when trying to learn about other random topics I get into.. music, surfing, stocks, brewing, whatever.  Don’t get the hate on it.  If I want to read a Slap-like forum I go on Slap.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2021, 05:32:47 PM »
Lately QAnonCasualties is morbidly interesting. I browse mostly news and random topics about podcasts or other niche stuff. I don't really get involved in discussions over there though.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2021, 12:03:59 AM »
I keep it strictly Gone Wild
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2021, 12:18:46 AM »
I keep it strictly Gone Wild

^^^^^^
This guy faps
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 90
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2021, 04:45:01 AM »
Reddit seems good for a lot of things, par skateboarding. So many cringy clips of tripple flips out of a quarter to flat and never any interesting discussions...too safe?

I mainly go on ukskateforum other than here, although I miss Sidewalk forums in their hey day as that was like a British slap.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2021, 05:08:32 AM »
Dunno about that

pedro_mayn

• 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2021, 06:43:24 AM »
Dunno about that
You like had to be there and all that, man.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2021, 06:46:43 AM »
Been on there over 15 years pal

pedro_mayn

• 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2021, 06:53:12 AM »
Been on there over 15 years pal

Same here, albeit I used a different pseudonym. Used to be funny getting some abuse for not even saying anything stupid, you'd get some proper dick 'eds rinsing you or you'd have Simon Woodstock +'ing you for some comment about stances, like I did.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2021, 07:00:20 AM »
Slap
Surfer mag forum
12oz prophet

All still have some traffic. Slap is surprisingly more active than both and 12oz was huge at one point in time.

I fear a lot of valuable information will be lost as the old car forums die off
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2021, 09:06:44 AM »
Reddit is a good site for obscure hobbies and craftsmanship, for example I got into making homemade pizzas because of Reddit. Everything else is too bloated and hard to follow.