Author Topic: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 58985 times)

fineslime

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
  • downward is heavenward
Re: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #810 on: September 07, 2023, 08:25:47 AM »
Expand Quote
met Forest Griffin at the restaurant I work at tonight. I was in the kitchen when a buddy who works with me who's also a huge fan of the sport came up to me and did the classic, "DUDE, YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHO'S AT THE BAR... FORREST GRIFFIN!" I for sure thought he was mistaken, so I walk out, and sure enough, its him. As soon as I saw him I knew it was him.

dude, I was STOKED. not in a way that made me want to rush him or anything like that, but that guy is a legit legend. he played a part in shaping the sport. former UFC champion. I have been fortunate enough to meet a few people of note in my life, people I've genuinely looked up to... when I was younger I have fanned out, but the older I get, if I can shake that person's hand and say, "thanks," that's more than enough for me. shaking that dude's hand is up there.

after dropping food off to a person next to him at the bar, I used that as an opportunity to say hello, shake his hand, and say thanks for all that he's done for the sport. he graciously said thank you back, and that was it. didn't try and grab a photo with him, and neither did anyone else. my buddy however got an autograph. I don't blame him.

the crazy thing is; I don't live in a super popular city. yes, people come through from time to time, but it's not an Orlando or Miami. totally unexpected. I also wasn't supposed to work tonight, but picked up a shift on a whim. the money I made is secondary. from what I heard there's a bjj tournament in town, so who knows if he was coaching someone, or maybe talent scouting.

crazy.
[close]

That's so tight, he really is a legend. I read his book a while back and he was super funny and humble and down to earth. I think Rashad Evans said "If you don't like Forrest, you don't like people" and that came through in the book for sure. Props on keeping your cool too and letting him live. I probably would have done some kooky shit posing for a pic with my fist up or something

hahaha! dude, if I had taken a picture with him I for sure would have held my fist up. my brother has gotten pics with Masvidal and Poirer, and he held his fist up too. he also has a picture of him facing off with Usman. my brother is close to 6'6 and he absolutely towered over him. holding your fist up when taking a picture with a UFC fighter is a rite of passage.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #811 on: September 09, 2023, 09:43:05 PM »
Sean Strickland completely shut down Izzy’s game with basics.

Damn good performance for him.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #812 on: September 09, 2023, 10:05:36 PM »
Sean Strickland completely shut down Izzy’s game with basics.

Damn good performance for him.
I won $5 on Sean!

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #813 on: September 09, 2023, 10:31:34 PM »
That was wild.  Strickland just beat a champion kickboxer with just his hands.  I really can't believe he actually won.  Izzy was puzzled.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #814 on: September 10, 2023, 05:40:35 AM »
I have to say, Strickland has grown on me the last few years and I've let a lot of the dumb shit he says slide.  I'm happy for him.

His style is the weirdest fucking thing I've seen in MMA.  He's got a weird Philly Shell thing going on, but he just keeps charging forward?  Strange, but I like it.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #815 on: September 10, 2023, 07:05:17 AM »
I have to say, Strickland has grown on me the last few years and I've let a lot of the dumb shit he says slide.  I'm happy for him.

His style is the weirdest fucking thing I've seen in MMA.  He's got a weird Philly Shell thing going on, but he just keeps charging forward?  Strange, but I like it.

His forward pressure was super effective also. Izzy could never find his range and kept backing up all fight. Even in the final minute of the last round Izzy seemed like he was running away.

Also, I don't think Izzy recovered from that knockdown in the first. That was a stiff-ass shot he took right on the chin and then ate some more brutal follow-up shots.

I know there's a few refs that could have stopped it right there

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #816 on: September 10, 2023, 08:08:00 AM »

Also, I don't think Izzy recovered from that knockdown in the first. That was a stiff-ass shot he took right on the chin and then ate some more brutal follow-up shots.

Ya, I rewatched it and I think I saw Izzy give the ref a thumbs up, just cause he knew how close it was to getting stopped.  He took a nasty shot right on the chin, and then got swarmed after.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #817 on: September 10, 2023, 01:19:04 PM »
met Forest Griffin at the restaurant I work at tonight. I was in the kitchen when a buddy who works with me who's also a huge fan of the sport came up to me and did the classic, "DUDE, YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHO'S AT THE BAR... FORREST GRIFFIN!" I for sure thought he was mistaken, so I walk out, and sure enough, its him. As soon as I saw him I knew it was him.

dude, I was STOKED. not in a way that made me want to rush him or anything like that, but that guy is a legit legend. he played a part in shaping the sport. former UFC champion. I have been fortunate enough to meet a few people of note in my life, people I've genuinely looked up to... when I was younger I have fanned out, but the older I get, if I can shake that person's hand and say, "thanks," that's more than enough for me. shaking that dude's hand is up there.

after dropping food off to a person next to him at the bar, I used that as an opportunity to say hello, shake his hand, and say thanks for all that he's done for the sport. he graciously said thank you back, and that was it. didn't try and grab a photo with him, and neither did anyone else. my buddy however got an autograph. I don't blame him.

the crazy thing is; I don't live in a super popular city. yes, people come through from time to time, but it's not an Orlando or Miami. totally unexpected. I also wasn't supposed to work tonight, but picked up a shift on a whim. the money I made is secondary. from what I heard there's a bjj tournament in town, so who knows if he was coaching someone, or maybe talent scouting.

crazy.
that’s awesome. his fight with stephan bonnar actually did save the ufc. they were going broke & on the verge of selling when that fight happened and saved them by being literally the best fight ever. r.i.p. stephan.

still can’t believe strickland pulled it off last night & not just with a lucky strike or by using his wrestling and holding him down for the whole fight like jan, he beat him on the feet for at least 4 rounds. unbelievable. that forward pressure he has & not being afraid to close the distance where most others are with adesanya is what did it.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #818 on: September 10, 2023, 01:23:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

His forward pressure was super effective also. Izzy could never find his range and kept backing up all fight. Even in the final minute of the last round Izzy seemed like he was running away.

https://imgur.com/zjUQVgs

I think you're absolutely right. After the knockdown, every clean shot Strickland hit Izzy with looked like it had an immediate affect. He was getting hurt over and over again. Sean fought the perfect fight using fundamentals and aggression. Izzy moved backward for 25 minutes straight.

I got a message from a coworker who's a fan of the UFC, but she is still in the, "beat the champ to be the champ," mindset. What I mean by that is, she couldn't find the beauty in what Strickland was doing technically. I thought it was an exciting fight given the dynamic that took place. Sean just walking him down with no regard while making him miss BADLY. Izzy threw at a 34% success rate, at 94 landed to 271 thrown.

Sean was throwing where he knew Izzy's head was going to be. He had his movement and his patterns down. Perfection.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #819 on: October 28, 2023, 05:27:56 PM »
i didn’t see a boxing thread/didn’t want to start a new one just for this. plus ngannou is crossing over so i figured this will be the best place to post about it but… holy shit! did anyone see it going that way??! i obviously always knew ngannou had a “puncher’s chance” in this, especially being the man with the hardest recorded punch of all time. i thought if anything he would have one big moment of maybe landing a counter & stunning fury for a second. other than that i thought he would just get out-worked/pointed throughout the entire fight. maybe win a round or 2 just barely. he looked absolutely sensational in there tonight, especially for someone who has never boxed whose going up against the heavyweight champ of the world. to put on that performance is absolutely insane. i think he arguably could’ve won, especially with that 10-8. the knockdown was beautiful. that went far and beyond anyone’s expectations.

with that said, what do you all think is the move? should he just stay in boxing, go back to pfl and book a big fight or try to balance the 2? if i was dana i’m doing whatever i can to get him back into the ufc. i would apologize immensely to francis & let the grudge go, pay off the pfl no matter what it takes, offer francis whatever he asks for and more, all the while letting jon jones heal & then book that fight. after tonight i think that fight could far surpass any ppv they could do at this point other than a conor return. it might even be up there close to that/past conor events. that was remarkable. francis is the biggest inspiration in combat sports right now by miles.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #820 on: October 28, 2023, 09:51:24 PM »
i didn’t see a boxing thread/didn’t want to start a new one just for this. plus ngannou is crossing over so i figured this will be the best place to post about it but… holy shit! did anyone see it going that way??! i obviously always knew ngannou had a “puncher’s chance” in this, especially being the man with the hardest recorded punch of all time. i thought if anything he would have one big moment of maybe landing a counter & stunning fury for a second. other than that i thought he would just get out-worked/pointed throughout the entire fight. maybe win a round or 2 just barely. he looked absolutely sensational in there tonight, especially for someone who has never boxed whose going up against the heavyweight champ of the world. to put on that performance is absolutely insane. i think he arguably could’ve won, especially with that 10-8. the knockdown was beautiful. that went far and beyond anyone’s expectations.

with that said, what do you all think is the move? should he just stay in boxing, go back to pfl and book a big fight or try to balance the 2? if i was dana i’m doing whatever i can to get him back into the ufc. i would apologize immensely to francis & let the grudge go, pay off the pfl no matter what it takes, offer francis whatever he asks for and more, all the while letting jon jones heal & then book that fight. after tonight i think that fight could far surpass any ppv they could do at this point other than a conor return. it might even be up there close to that/past conor events. that was remarkable. francis is the biggest inspiration in combat sports right now by miles.

my brother... I have so many thoughts about this whole situation and mma/ pro boxing crossovers as a whole....

the way I see it, these, "mma star vs. celeb/ pro boxer," matches are basically the new age celeb boxing. there's a ton of money behind both parties in their respective fields, and NOW FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY they're going to clash. it's a cash grab. these boxing stars would never ever ever in a million years step into a cage with these dudes who do mma, BUT these mma guys who have been making shit for 10+ years would 100% step in a boxing ring.

boxing has a very long and storied history when it comes to the promoters, the money behind it, and the judging and talent that's being pushed. it is a sport that is notorious for bad judging and deep, deep organized crime ties and gambling. when I see a fight like this being promoted so hard; so many different media companies are invested, hell, they're throwing this fight in a country known for being one of the richest countries in the world... celebrities are speckled about the sporting event... I look at it as what it is, a spectacle.

this was a celeb boxing match... so are the fights that all of the paul brothers do. its a farce. there is so much money behind all these fights and fighters, so much gambling involved. think about this...

you could bet on fury vs. ngannou... the odds at the time of the match were something like fury - 1400 to ngannou +750.

those are INSANE odds for a professional sport event... you don't think the powers-that-be who are throwing this professional fight are going to extort that?

idk dude, I've watched thousands upon thousands of hours of combat sports and something just seems off about this fight.... I noticed so many moments where Francis had Fury against the ropes and the right hand was open, multiple times! I even got a text from my brother saying that he thought Francis was holding back... there are so many moments in that fight that don't make sense if you know fighting and what to look for. I mean, they took the whole 10th round off! both of them, in a, "closely contested fight," took the 10th round off and danced around each other.

I am a combat sports fan, but when it comes to these high-profile professional boxing matches, I have very little faith that they are legitimate contests in sport.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #821 on: October 28, 2023, 11:30:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

my brother... I have so many thoughts about this whole situation and mma/ pro boxing crossovers as a whole....

the way I see it, these, "mma star vs. celeb/ pro boxer," matches are basically the new age celeb boxing. there's a ton of money behind both parties in their respective fields, and NOW FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY they're going to clash. it's a cash grab. these boxing stars would never ever ever in a million years step into a cage with these dudes who do mma, BUT these mma guys who have been making shit for 10+ years would 100% step in a boxing ring.

boxing has a very long and storied history when it comes to the promoters, the money behind it, and the judging and talent that's being pushed. it is a sport that is notorious for bad judging and deep, deep organized crime ties and gambling. when I see a fight like this being promoted so hard; so many different media companies are invested, hell, they're throwing this fight in a country known for being one of the richest countries in the world... celebrities are speckled about the sporting event... I look at it as what it is, a spectacle.

this was a celeb boxing match... so are the fights that all of the paul brothers do. its a farce. there is so much money behind all these fights and fighters, so much gambling involved. think about this...

you could bet on fury vs. ngannou... the odds at the time of the match were something like fury - 1400 to ngannou +750.

those are INSANE odds for a professional sport event... you don't think the powers-that-be who are throwing this professional fight are going to extort that?

idk dude, I've watched thousands upon thousands of hours of combat sports and something just seems off about this fight.... I noticed so many moments where Francis had Fury against the ropes and the right hand was open, multiple times! I even got a text from my brother saying that he thought Francis was holding back... there are so many moments in that fight that don't make sense if you know fighting and what to look for. I mean, they took the whole 10th round off! both of them, in a, "closely contested fight," took the 10th round off and danced around each other.

I am a combat sports fan, but when it comes to these high-profile professional boxing matches, I have very little faith that they are legitimate contests in sport.
nah it’s for sure rigged. giving tyson a 96-93 was ridiculous. i can’t for sure say that francis was holding back, i figured maybe he thought he was up going into the last rounds & possibly just held back a bit to not risk getting knocked down/out so that he could win the decision. he did seem to be really going for it in those next rounds after getting the knockdown & then slowed down a bit. i wish he would’ve reserved a bit more in the mid rounds & then really gone for it later once tyson was obviously winded. i’m not saying you’re wrong though or that i disagree, dazn put on the fight & all of their events have been trash so far. i expected tommy to get robbed agaisnt ksi though too & was really surprised when that didn’t happen. maybe they’re in cahoots with the fury’s. tyson did land more total punches, francis landed more power shots though & that was very visible at the end when comparing visible damage. nevertheless, it was an entertaining fight & apparently francis is going to be ranked in the top 10 now, rightfully so. boxing has been a rigged shit show for quite a while now & every combat sports event that takes place in the middle east seems to be so as well. just look ufc 294 that just happened. i think they should run this one back.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #822 on: October 29, 2023, 03:27:10 AM »
Boxing is so fucking dirty these days. Just absolutely deplorable people everywhere you look.

I don't think Francis was holding back purposely, I think he was just apprehensive about his gas tank if anything. That was his first fight and I'm sure they were very focused on making sure he didn't drown in the deep end.

That being said he won that fight easy, even on paper. I'll take a big KD and the power punches over Fury landing slightly more jabs all day. I know they say that they fight in the middle east because of the money but I'm pretty sure it's also because there's absolutely zero regulation and you can easily pull shit like this. I feel like a lot of Fury's fights have been suspect, but this one was the clearest example yet. That 96-93 judge must not have known how boxing scores work at all.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #823 on: November 12, 2023, 04:26:07 PM »
tom aspinall is going to be the heavyweight goat. that was remarkable. he even took a clean shot from sergei and just ate it like nothing. he is so fast & moves so well for a heavyweight, i don’t think anyone else can compare. it sucks jones is hurt because now tom will probably have to defend the interim belt before becoming undisputed once jones retires which i guarantee he will after stipe, especially after watching that. unreal. tom vs gane will be a great fight.

i have truly never been so torn between picking a fight as i was the main event. i like both jiri & alex so much that it was hard but, i made the right pick. the stoppage was justified, especially with jiri admitting he was out, which was super admirable & made me like him even more which i didn’t think was possible. that said, jiri started to defend again after going out just like he did in the reyes fight which he later won. i would’ve liked to see it go a little longer, i wanted a full 5 round war like the glover fight. i don’t know that he would’ve been able to come back from that though, his legs were done already and it’s also better for him not to take more unnecessary damage that might have a lasting effect on his chin/durability. he’ll be back. safe to say goddard really is a fan boy of alex at this point but, who isn’t? dude has won 2 belts in 6 ufc fights, remarkable career. him v.s. jahmal is going to be a whole lot of fun.

all in all that might be card of the year. so many good fights & finishes. can’t wait to rewatch.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #824 on: November 27, 2023, 04:40:37 AM »
Watched some videos of Chael Sonnen shit talking. Seemed like something happened to him mid career. Why did he start talking shit so much? Because he didnt cut it as fighter? Anyways he has a pretty good mouth..

Can someone give me perspective why he got as many chances as he got for tittle fights?

If there were a fight between Sonne and Mcgregor, who would win the press conference and who would win the fight?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 01:31:54 PM by Mystical Leader »

aleksander

• Rep: 121
« Reply #825 on: November 28, 2023, 05:38:12 PM »
Watched some videos of Chael Sonnen shit talking. Seemed like something happened to him mid career. Why did he start talking shit so much? Because he didnt cut it as fighter? Anyways he has a pretty good mouth..

Can someone give me perspective why he got as many chances as he got for tittle fights?

If there were a fight between Sonne and Mcgregor, who would win the press conference and who would win the fight?

Good questions because it really was a new thing when it happened. Still pretty weird to look back on.

His thing was he was the guy who really took the WWE-style "persona" to the next level and got a lot of attention for the showmanship and shit talking with Silva. He was successful with it because he actually made it funny sometimes and was also a "company man," where he'd kiss the ufc's ass and they'd reward him for bringing casuals (and PPV sales) to the sport. He was also a draw because at the time of the Silva rivalry, Silva was an absolute murderer, and this dude talked bonkers levels of shit, then almost beat him the first time around. It was absolutely a calculated move to talk shit, and it worked for him big time.

His actual fighting was mostly the "lay and pray" style that would win him decisions, but he's got wins against a bunch of former champs, though they were mostly past their prime when they fought him.

If he and Conor fought in their primes, Chael would probably decision him just because he'd be like 40 pounds bigger. The pressers would be entertaining, but probably super scripted and fake. Still funny though.
"Let's just do something stupid and ridiculous and just be as fucking regular as we possibly can."

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #826 on: November 28, 2023, 07:40:39 PM »
chael is undefeated/undisputed everyone knows that.

https://youtu.be/FG5yVTGnP84?si=FHksoXI5KujGpSzx

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #827 on: January 08, 2024, 08:33:38 AM »
Dustin Poirer vs Beniot Saint Denis just got announced for UFC 299 in Miami! My brother and I have been talking about going, but gosh dern ticket prices are INSANE! almost $500 each for nose bleed seats! The card looks absolutely unreal though:

https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-299

O'Malley vs Chito 2
Dustin vs Beniot
Michael Venom Page vs Kevin Holland
Petr Yan vs Song Yadong

soooo many crazy fights, but those ticket prices are nuts. they're $1300+ for floor seats  :o

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #828 on: January 15, 2024, 10:24:07 AM »

epic photo of Manon Fiorot during her fight with Rose.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #829 on: January 18, 2024, 08:39:09 AM »
Sean and DDP both had huge upsets in their last fights so it’s wild that neither can be counted out this weekend.  I think DDP pulls it off but I want Sean to win.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #830 on: January 18, 2024, 04:06:22 PM »
Dustin Poirer vs Beniot Saint Denis just got announced for UFC 299 in Miami! My brother and I have been talking about going, but gosh dern ticket prices are INSANE! almost $500 each for nose bleed seats! The card looks absolutely unreal though:

https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-299

O'Malley vs Chito 2
Dustin vs Beniot
Michael Venom Page vs Kevin Holland
Petr Yan vs Song Yadong

soooo many crazy fights, but those ticket prices are nuts. they're $1300+ for floor seats  :o
i would go if i had the money and lived out there, that card is absolutely insane.

Sean and DDP both had huge upsets in their last fights so it’s wild that neither can be counted out this weekend.  I think DDP pulls it off but I want Sean to win.
i’m going with sean as long as he gets through the first 2 rounds not too damaged, i think his stamina will be a huge factor as long as he makes it through the hellfire in the beginning.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #831 on: January 21, 2024, 07:58:38 AM »
Fell asleep during the Pennington/Silva fight, made me miss the first 3.5 rounds of Strickland/DuPlessis. Stoked for Dricus though, I'm starting to like this dude and his awkward-ass style. I'm going to watch the whole thing today.

Man rough night for us Canadians. All the dudes I know and have trained with (Lainesse, Barriault, Jourdain) looked off and lost. I hate to say it, but Lainesse is not UFC calibre and needs to work on his grappling.

Barriault couldn't get anything going until the last two minutes of the fight. He's usually the one pressing the action, clinches up and turns it into a hockey fight. I have felt his clinch and he is so fucking strong in this position. Dude looked off last night. Still a fun sloppy brawl.

Jourdain looked tiny compared to Woodson (almost 6'3 at 145 lol), I seriously think he could make 135. Woodson has damn good boxing and uses his reach well.

Mike Mallot was fighting an amazing fight 'til he gassed out with 30 seconds left in the fight only to be finished by Neil Magny. Magny looked like he was about to cry on the stool in between the 2nd and 3rd round, but being a crafty veteran he got the job done anyways.

Still a super exciting prospect and I think this loss will be beneficial for his career. I know Neil's tall, but Mallot looked quite small for 170. Magny remains the gatekeeper of 170.

Arnold Allen vs Mosvar Evloev was a really technical fight, I really enjoyed that one. Evloev looks like Khabib when he shoots for takedowns.

Prelims were fun, rest of the card was meh.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #832 on: February 18, 2024, 10:27:59 AM »
Hell of a card last night.

Mackenzie Dern got that dawg in her, pretty sure that giant hook she took to the face in the first broke her orbital. You could see the grimace once she got hit. She’s got heart, I’ll give her that.

Fluffy Hernandez is slowly becoming one of my favourite 185’ers. Dude’s pressure is on another level and Kopylov is no slouch. He’s so gritty.

Merab’s gas tank is bananas. Henry was gassed early in second round and had nothing for him. Future champ for sure.

Whittaker-Costa was fucking crazy and exhausting to watch. Whittaker picked him apart for two straight rounds. Dude ate a CLEAN spinning back kick at the end of the first that would have knocked out most people. Being a Whittaker fan is stressful seeing as he gets rocked almost every fight. Just concerned with how many jabs he ate, makes me wonder how he’d fare vs Strickland. Could be a fun one.

Absolutely gutted for Volk, he was looking good in the first, just kept his chin too high when backing out. Super clean shot by Illia, that KO was much worse than the Islam one.  Hopefully Volk takes some well deserved time off. Hats off to the new champ.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #833 on: March 25, 2024, 05:46:57 PM »
did anyone catch the absolute dismantling of Cameron Saaiman at the hands of Payton Talbott over the weekend? Payton beat the ever-living dogshit out of Cameron from start to finish. Talbott is the real deal. if you haven't watched the fight, please, go watch it. Payton has future champion written all over him. seems like a cool dude too and he also skates.

Crust

• Rep: 30
« Reply #834 on: March 26, 2024, 03:50:49 PM »
did anyone catch the absolute dismantling of Cameron Saaiman at the hands of Payton Talbott over the weekend? Payton beat the ever-living dogshit out of Cameron from start to finish. Talbott is the real deal. if you haven't watched the fight, please, go watch it. Payton has future champion written all over him. seems like a cool dude too and he also skates.

Just checked it up there, brutal, ref shoulda called it sooner. 8-0, 2 finishes in the UFC so far, and calling out Dominick Cruz is admirable. As a skater, he has my bias support