Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 64227 times)

streetmeat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 171
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1020 on: February 25, 2023, 02:57:44 AM »
started beautiful, like 55-60 and sunny, light wind, ended with temps dropping bitterly cold and 25mph winds. the good homies were at the park, vibes were a-plenty. us 'old heads' having a grand ol time while the 2 cool 4 skool young kids stood around and did A trick every 30 minutes. the homie was fuckin around with switch back nose back 180 out and reeled in a few. i was fuckin around with boardslide to pop-overs on the flat bar, ended up catching a bs to 5-0 bonk on the end that sent the fellas into an absolute fury. on the way home i stopped and picked up some chinese takeout for m'lady and i.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #1021 on: February 26, 2023, 07:58:04 AM »
Went for a slappy session at temp. around freezing but with a strong cold wind so with windchill it was -5C / 23F. Luckily I got all my stuff pretty quickly and could call it a day. There were some kids asking me if I could ollie and I told them I could but would not because it was Sunday and on Sunday all I did was slappies. They understood this and stopped bothering me.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #1022 on: February 26, 2023, 09:49:39 AM »
I went to the skatepark yesterday and had a nice session. I did the best backside 5050 I've ever done on an out ledge that I've been wanting to try but I'm always afraid to back fifty anything other than a curb or ledge. Felt so good when I landed it perfectly. I also did a nollie fs flip, nollie vflip, and fakie vflip on the bank. Overall was a good progression session.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 96
« Reply #1023 on: February 26, 2023, 11:06:24 AM »
I skated with some friends and it was fun

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #1024 on: February 26, 2023, 11:48:34 AM »
Hadn't skated for a week as haemorrhoids took me out of play... both agonisingly painful (worst episode of it i've had) and terrible timing as the weather has finally sorted itself out.

Got out today for a tentative push around and felt so much better mentally for it, I hadn't realised quite how shitty I'd been feeling dealing with my ass all week and barely being able to walk anywhere, never mind much else.

Smashed out a few of the basics and skated flat for an hour or so, wasn't super comfortable for obvious reasons, but it didn't make things any worse.

Wondering if a kickflip is going make something fall out your ass, is a new experience for me...pushing 40 I guess this is an occupational hazard now lol.

Managed to knock out a backside flip to end the session, which made me chuckle to myself.

MC3

• Rep: 128
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #1025 on: February 26, 2023, 02:23:11 PM »
Broke my board trying to learn lipslides last time I skated. Got a board for cheap with a terrible graphic. Spent time painting over it and set it up today. On the skate to the park I terminally ripped my favorite pair of jeans. Attempted 5 lipslides and broke the new board.
(Cool Trick GIF)

OneMore

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1026 on: February 26, 2023, 02:54:58 PM »
Rolled my ankle and went home. Next day, skated my other foot, I fell and went home.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #1027 on: February 26, 2023, 02:55:21 PM »
It’s been raining a lot but lastnight after work I went to the mall to get my son a present, didn’t feel like skating. Rode a little on the sidewalk outside the mall and some teenage girls said do a kickflip (mockingly) I obliged even though I was wearing a backpack and was in general pain. They seemed shocked lol. Then I saw a freshly painted crusty curb in front of Barnes and noble and did a decent length Slappy and some kid went “sheeesh” in a high pitched voice lol.

Couple days before I had a Slappy session and did all my usuals and a crook popover fairly quickly. Then worked on nollie fs 180s, landed a couple with nice pop, cashed my check and it started hailing. Picked my son up from school and called it a day.

discode

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1028 on: February 26, 2023, 03:17:53 PM »
Tried front shuv back 50. Missed the 50. Zipped out coming off the 4 inch ledge. Fell on my ribs on the edge of the ledge. Bruised ribs a bit. Not enough to end the session. Enough that it hurts to lay on that side of my body or raise my hand over my head now.

That was fun.

MC3

• Rep: 128
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #1029 on: February 26, 2023, 03:20:48 PM »
Rolled my ankle and went home. Next day, skated my other foot, I fell and went home.

you and i out here having a blast
(Cool Trick GIF)

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #1030 on: February 26, 2023, 05:51:21 PM »
Yesterday was the only day it hasn't rained in almost a week so I hit the local slappy spot in the middle of the day with some lunch in tow. Warmed up, ate, stretched, and seshed for a bit by myself. Then I met two college kids there who were mostly beginners but super stoked on skating. They kept giving me compliments and since I was nice to them, they were asking me for tips on learning slappys and front 5050s and other stuff. We skated together for awhile and within an hour, they both learned slappys! According to them, one of them had never even gotten close before that day. They wanted me to film some clips with them so I did and we exchanged numbers. More random people were showing up to the spot and it was chill until a huge squad of little ass kids showed up and kept hogging every good part of the spot. Then two older dudes I kinda know showed up and we skated for awhile but we ended up mostly chopping it up.

I think I was at the spot for at least 4 hours and skated for a good chunk of that. Overall very fun session and I'm stoked to kind of make some new skate friends that actually live in my town! 

Acid Drop

• Rep: -61
  • Everyone sucks but me
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1031 on: February 26, 2023, 06:45:14 PM »
I skated sunday night and it was quiet so I felt like I was making a bunch of noise. A whole convoy of buses parked next to the skatepark made me feel like I had an auidience or that I was bothering people with the lights and noise. I had the skatepark completely to myself and it was fantastic.
What-ah? Ah-how-wha? huh? You're confused, you're alone, it's Saturday night, you have no pants on

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1032 on: February 27, 2023, 10:02:11 AM »
I went out at temperatures below freezing with a disgusting wind in a light snowfall (didn't stick so no issue) but had a nice session. I got my three mandatory heelflips pretty quickly and (once again) feel like I am close to having them dialed. Backfoot hanging from the heel pocket, not too far back on the tail seems to be the sweet spot.

However, my deck starts to rapidly disintegrate so I'll have to change it soon and I already dread I might have to work them out all over again, even if the new deck will have mostly identical dims as the current one (8.38 twin).
why come?

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1033 on: February 27, 2023, 11:39:11 AM »
Broke my board trying to learn lipslides last time I skated. Got a board for cheap with a terrible graphic. Spent time painting over it and set it up today. On the skate to the park I terminally ripped my favorite pair of jeans. Attempted 5 lipslides and broke the new board.

This is why I'm wary of lipslides on flatbars or down rails. There is always the thought of breaking my board looming over me as I ride up to try it. Despite them being considered illegal, nollie front lips allow for more control over how much weight you put down on the rail when you pop into it. Use them sparingly and with caution. You will be judged for each one you do.   

vinithebr

• Rep: -23
« Reply #1034 on: February 27, 2023, 04:06:32 PM »
turns out round rail noseslides are actually the same exact shit as on a ledge, if I knew that I'd have tried them before, still can't land 50s

gravityslips

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1035 on: February 27, 2023, 09:56:48 PM »
it was my second time at my local DIY and my first time actually skating it, i'm a beginner and i wanted to use the banks to practice kickturns and pumping and stuff

i waited for a cold cloudy day so there would only be a few people and didn't interact with anyone besides awkwardly reciprocating a guy's dap and "you good"ing a guy who fell

it was nice though, it's a great spot

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1036 on: February 27, 2023, 10:54:18 PM »
turns out round rail noseslides are actually the same exact shit as on a ledge, if I knew that I'd have tried them before, still can't land 50s

I got a mental block on those but will try some on my flatbar based on your post. If I can man up.

it was my second time at my local DIY and my first time actually skating it, i'm a beginner and i wanted to use the banks to practice kickturns and pumping and stuff

i waited for a cold cloudy day so there would only be a few people and didn't interact with anyone besides awkwardly reciprocating a guy's dap and "you good"ing a guy who fell

it was nice though, it's a great spot

Well done for overcoming your reluctance. Most people won‘t care what you do in a skatepark/diy so just do your thing as long as you don‘t get in the way of someones lines. And even if that happens just excuse and it will be good.
why come?

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #1037 on: February 28, 2023, 08:02:11 AM »

I had this same revelation last year. Still, I can only do fs board or fs nose on rails lol...  But Ima take 5050s to the round bar this year and get some smith grinds too

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #1038 on: March 01, 2023, 12:57:03 PM »
I've been skating an indoor ramp by myself for the last 1.5 years, and only recently have been skating with friends and other skateboarders on a more regular basis. It feels good. Last session I did the best mini-ramp line I've ever done, which was still super basic and could've been cleaned up, but I was hyped.

Also not a session, but I plan to skate every day that I can this year, which is looking like five+ days a week. I just don't want to get seriously injured, so I have to take calculated risks and be smart about what I'm trying, plan ahead a little, etc.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1039 on: March 01, 2023, 01:02:15 PM »
sometimes you gotta correct grandma bro regulate these kooks

Had to move back to my home state for $$$, had a nightmare situation where some shit got fucked up with my only setup, couldn’t skate for a fucking month finally went out last night for a glorious parking lot sesh it felt amazing and my fucked up knees felt great after getting a month off, most time I’ve taken off in the last year was like 5 days one time but I pretty much skate 5-6 times a week minimum so getting some rest feels amazing, so happy to be back in skating

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1040 on: March 01, 2023, 01:21:17 PM »
I've been skating an indoor ramp by myself for the last 1.5 years, and only recently have been skating with friends and other skateboarders on a more regular basis. It feels good. Last session I did the best mini-ramp line I've ever done, which was still super basic and could've been cleaned up, but I was hyped.

Also not a session, but I plan to skate every day that I can this year, which is looking like five+ days a week. I just don't want to get seriously injured, so I have to take calculated risks and be smart about what I'm trying, plan ahead a little, etc.

I mostly skate alone as well, but I'm starting to meet more people at my local, to the point where I can show up at any given time and have some people to skate with. Nothing beats having a session with 5+ people all feeding off each others energy.

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #1041 on: March 05, 2023, 06:24:06 PM »
FS 5050ed a ledge I thought was too tall for me. Then I got a BS 5050 on a curb that I couldn’t do them on last time I tried. Almost got heelflips today…a trick I would love to add to my bag at 47 years old.

Then came home and pulled out the cruiser. Ollied a bunch of manhole covers. Good day to be a skateboarder.

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #1042 on: March 05, 2023, 06:40:07 PM »
landed primo on a kickflip which i haven't done in idk how long, maybe 13 years???

busted the fuck outta my elbow

vinithebr

« Reply #1043 on: March 06, 2023, 03:23:16 PM »
Getting into crooks with a proper floaty ollie is a hell of a good feeling, to float for a bit and bone the nose down... it makes me think of how heavenly proper nose blunts must feel.
Just another yard flat bar session, for whatever reason it seemed sketchy to try slappy'ish crooks like I do on ledges.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1044 on: March 07, 2023, 01:35:56 PM »
I had a nice session today on my usual parking lot that was empty except for one car that was moving very slowly in the middle of the place. I waited a minute for it to pass but instead it came to a halt. was getting slightly annoyed thought well if he don't move I'll just keep on riding and rolled towards the car and miraculously popped a flawless fakie heel in front of the car, two youngish dudes looking at me. I then moved on and (miraculously) popped a nice fakie kickflip behind the car. That's when I saw it was a driving teacher and the dude at the wheel was trying to learn how to park on the empty parking lot but was probably distracted by my skating. Anyway, eventually he managed to move into a parking bay.
why come?

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #1045 on: March 10, 2023, 10:00:38 AM »
Hit the old man session at my local. First time skating since November (yikes)

Warmed up on the mini ramp, and decided the euro gap was my object of desire. Got ollie, front 180, back 180. Tried a back big spin for over an hour and caught a few but couldn't spin it around and stay on.

vinithebr

« Reply #1046 on: March 11, 2023, 07:22:28 PM »
took a break from trying flatbar crooks and maybe figured out for good how to lock crooks on ledges, needs further testing, it started to rain

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #1047 on: March 13, 2023, 07:42:22 PM »
Saw this dude skating the neighborhood yesterday but I was already drinking.

Saw him today when I was skating to take a pic of this graffiti by the bar and told myself id say whats up when I came back

ended up seshing a little bump and mini curb kicker thing for an hour. We were both about at the same level of "I haven't skated in awhile bro"

I am loving this 14 inch wheelbase and ventures for street.

we tried to boardslide this parking block setup but it was too crusty
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #1048 on: March 13, 2023, 07:43:04 PM »
so stoked to skate with someone randomly not at a park or organized.

first long sun day of the year.

Feelsgoodman
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 164
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #1049 on: March 13, 2023, 08:22:27 PM »
Got to the curb spot and saw some people skating a box then realized it was half the Zero team with Chris Cole, Dane Burman, Adam Arunski and a bunch of other Am types.

My friend kept driving and we went to the next spot