Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 62191 times)

Uncle Flea and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1110 on: March 26, 2023, 06:06:58 PM »
I put in an actual 9-5 shift on my board today between two different parks and three different street spots. The entertainment industry is coming to a grinding halt because of a possible writers strike, so it looks like I’ll have a lot more skate time over the next few months
fuck you bama

Tom Pearl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #1111 on: March 26, 2023, 08:17:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They said it's likely that I'll need surgery and have wires inserted, which is annoying, recovery time blah blah, at least it's free here
And I'll try to respect rails more from now on even if they're tiny
[close]

I hope it's not so bad! Have a fast recover!
[close]
Thanks! I'm glad it wasn't like my wrist or even other fingers

Expand Quote
im getting closer and closer to figuring out tre flips again, i did about 5 shitty ones and 2 sessions before that i did around 5 shitty ones
[close]
Yo that's awesome, I hope you get them fully back soon.
I could treflip everytime but only on a board with a broken nose I had a few years ago, I miss them

thanks homie, much appreciated

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1112 on: March 26, 2023, 09:52:50 PM »
I'm slowly getting back into skating regulaly and I've now become a 'Ollie with the whole side of your foot' guy with Ollie holes right up in the mid shoe \ ankle. Could be the huge nose on hockey boards. Don't mind it, at least my Ollie's ate super square ATM

Terminal

« Reply #1113 on: March 26, 2023, 10:35:09 PM »
Killer. Got a bit done and closer to committing to a fs rewind grind on a tight transition. Some total ripper rocked up and started blasting Alan Peterson style bs ollies (among other things) in the big bowl too, unreal!

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #1114 on: March 27, 2023, 12:43:28 AM »
First small session after my meniscus surgery. Totally stiff. Couldn’t do more than a couple of Ollies, slappies and boardslides. FS Slasher in a steep quarterpipe nearly smoked me.
Anyways - really grateful for being on the board again

Terminal

« Reply #1115 on: March 27, 2023, 01:00:39 AM »
First small session after my meniscus surgery. Totally stiff. Couldn’t do more than a couple of Ollies, slappies and boardslides. FS Slasher in a steep quarterpipe nearly smoked me.
The kingpin blues?

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1116 on: March 27, 2023, 01:43:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The kingpin blues?

Nope. Leaned too much into it and ended up in a fs 50 grind while still being inside the ramp. Basically just a really long fs slasher, but I wasn’t expected it and just barely managed to avoid slipping out

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 47
« Reply #1117 on: March 27, 2023, 05:21:37 AM »
had fun skating Hamilton Fish park i did nollie bs 180 and kickflip off the top of the pyramid thing and then a bs tail on the tiny curb

why is it that bs tails are astronomically easier to get into/hold on curbs?? when taken to a foot tall ledge they become exponentially more difficult to control and do for me.

eSK3

« Reply #1118 on: March 27, 2023, 05:54:59 AM »
Skated with the homies at a b-ball court with an up ledge I’d never been to. Wind was killing the session but we stuck it out and everyone got something.

mfweeno

• Rep: 27
« Reply #1119 on: March 27, 2023, 07:15:38 AM »
Woke up early for my usual Sunday session - traffic is non-existent before 8 am and it's nice to watch the sun rise while I'm drinking my coffee.

I went to one of the older local parks that has some nice ledges that always slide/grind like butter. I was thinking of trying a tailslide variation on a flat ledge, but landed a nicely balanced fakie nosegrind second try while warming up and decided that it was the morning to try and get that same trick on the upledge.

Took me a little under an hour, but got one I was stoked on. Spent the rest of the session having a little mini-ramp sesh to squeeze out the rest of the juice. Got a chicken tender sub afterwards to cap it off.

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #1120 on: March 27, 2023, 07:46:07 AM »
I went to the university on sunday with the local teens. There was no one else so we skated the whole afternoon. It was a nice session but at one point i stuck for more than an hour battling a line that was supposed to finish with fs ollie to fakie nose manual. I just couldn't make it good and clean, but will definitely come back for another round.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #1121 on: March 27, 2023, 07:46:42 AM »
I got out for a sesh and got all my tricks in 30 mins, including a two kickflip (down and up a curb) plus heelflip line first try. I am super comfortable on my board and shoes but as always, both are inevitably reaching the end of their lifecycle simultaneously which means I'll have to break in a new board and new shoes at the same time which will completely throw of my whole skating and I'll be back at case 1.  :'(
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Wienerboy

• Rep: -94
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #1122 on: March 27, 2023, 08:11:01 AM »
I put in an actual 9-5 shift on my board today between two different parks and three different street spots. The entertainment industry is coming to a grinding halt because of a possible writers strike, so it looks like I’ll have a lot more skate time over the next few months

What's happening and why are the writers likely going on strike? Is there a bigger picture reason as to why that seems to be imminent?
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1123 on: March 27, 2023, 10:20:14 AM »
last time I skated was last Tuesday, 6 days ago. skated for about an hour or two with my friend Danny at the local park. filmed him do a heelflip rock to fakie, actually looks really sick. I didn’t do anything crazy, but I remember fucking around and almost doing a fakie varial heel for the first time. came home, felt really shifty that night, found out I had Covid the next day, girlfriend left and moved out of my place. been in the hospital since last night. 😀 so weak and shitty still, couldn’t imagine stepping on a board! ❤️
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #1124 on: March 27, 2023, 12:12:31 PM »
I had spinal fusion/rod implant surgery a couple of years ago, and had been back on board for nearly a year... my equilibrium and the time it takes my head to tell my feet to do something has been a little off since then, but I'd been curb skating, playing on my little portable rail, and skating some ramp.

Anyways, about 3 months ago I was goofing on my rail and decided to go jump down a little 5 set here in town... it's short, the landing is slightly downhill, and it's always been a warmup spot. I probably should have started with a 3 set because on the very last fall in this clip I caught a tibia plateau fracture and they had to put a plate and 8 pins under my knee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isHo7Qhtd9Q

Did the crutches and the cane, right now I'm waiting for a couple of millimeters of bone growth so I can go roll around some more.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1125 on: March 27, 2023, 01:45:56 PM »
last time I skated was last Tuesday, 6 days ago. skated for about an hour or two with my friend Danny at the local park. filmed him do a heelflip rock to fakie, actually looks really sick. I didn’t do anything crazy, but I remember fucking around and almost doing a fakie varial heel for the first time. came home, felt really shifty that night, found out I had Covid the next day, girlfriend left and moved out of my place. been in the hospital since last night. 😀 so weak and shitty still, couldn’t imagine stepping on a board! ❤️

Man what?! Why do you have to stay in the hospital for Covid? I hope it isn't something serious and you can skate again soon.
IG: @flowterspace

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #1126 on: March 27, 2023, 02:47:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Man what?! Why do you have to stay in the hospital for Covid? I hope it isn't something serious and you can skate again soon.

Normally most cases of Covid don’t need to be treated with hospital care. but because I live alone, I didn’t have anyone physically able (or who was willing to) come over and check on me. so for the first 48-52ish hours of having it, I was only awake maybe 10 hours. just forgot to drink water when I woke up, and before I went back to sleep. so I went back, and they kept me the remainder because I was so dehydrated.

I’m sure I’ll be skating by next week. it’s just I started recently even having thoughts of skating again, and the thought of pushing on one rn makes me sick. thank you for the kind words though. it’s so weird how it affected some of my mental capacity though. I tried to drive earlier and it felt extremely dangerous.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1127 on: March 27, 2023, 03:11:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Normally most cases of Covid don’t need to be treated with hospital care. but because I live alone, I didn’t have anyone physically able (or who was willing to) come over and check on me. so for the first 48-52ish hours of having it, I was only awake maybe 10 hours. just forgot to drink water when I woke up, and before I went back to sleep. so I went back, and they kept me the remainder because I was so dehydrated.

I’m sure I’ll be skating by next week. it’s just I started recently even having thoughts of skating again, and the thought of pushing on one rn makes me sick. thank you for the kind words though. it’s so weird how it affected some of my mental capacity though. I tried to drive earlier and it felt extremely dangerous.

Oh man.. but I understand why you haven't drank that much during that time. Been there too. But it will get better soon. I hope you have access to candy, that could help a bit with hydration and your blood sugar. Keep the PMA.
IG: @flowterspace

switchfakie

« Reply #1128 on: March 27, 2023, 04:22:05 PM »
some white dude with dreads, a big board, small wheels & really noise bearings kept on getting in the way doing bert slides and stupid transition tricks while me and the homie were dicking around on a random quarter. he would start really fast & far away but would lose all his speed by the time he actually hit the quarter bc of his bearings & small wheels. it was a really odd sight

he also kept on laughing out really loud after he fucked up any (pretty much every) trick, really weird dude

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #1129 on: March 27, 2023, 04:56:25 PM »
Sat on my knee last week coming down from a bail, but it didn’t tweak or anything, I assumed I just overextended it. Didn’t skate for like a week. Then this last weekend me and my gf were celebrating our anniversary. We went to the bay and got a room and ate hella food. I went to a shop and picked up the new chandler there board with the short wheelbase. Rolled around a little and felt a little off. Anyway ended up at rockridge and skated for about an hour. Got some Slappy bs 5-0s, Slappy bs 5-0 to bs 180, and a feeble to front shove. I wanted to get some clips before calling it, got a feeble and almost a feeble front shove on film. Did a feeble board to hurricane and when I got into hurricane, my knee came out of socket for a quick second (a recurring problem). I shouldn’t have even been skating, I just wanted to slap the ridge so bad. Lesson learned, taking some time off and gonna focus on strengthening. Listen to your body, folks!

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #1130 on: March 27, 2023, 05:27:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What's happening and why are the writers likely going on strike? Is there a bigger picture reason as to why that seems to be imminent?
@Wienerboy over streaming and residuals. Also regulating the use of AI

Skated for a couple hours this morning with some buddies. My back is hurting a little bit so I’m probably gonna take it easy for a few days. I’m going on a skate trip to Hawaii in two weeks and I want to be in good skate condition
fuck you bama

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #1131 on: March 27, 2023, 08:42:42 PM »
Got too stoned, went to a crowded skate park and snaked many people on accident. Despite that, tricks felt pretty good and it was a really fun session. My board and shoes are at a perfectly equal broken in stage

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #1132 on: March 27, 2023, 08:46:44 PM »
some white dude with dreads, a big board, small wheels & really noise bearings kept on getting in the way doing bert slides and stupid transition tricks while me and the homie were dicking around on a random quarter. he would start really fast & far away but would lose all his speed by the time he actually hit the quarter bc of his bearings & small wheels. it was a really odd sight

he also kept on laughing out really loud after he fucked up any (pretty much every) trick, really weird dude

Cringeworthy

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #1133 on: March 28, 2023, 02:40:54 AM »
I landed a very shitty kickflip after about 9 months of trying.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1134 on: March 28, 2023, 06:29:59 AM »
I landed a very shitty kickflip after about 9 months of trying.

congrats!

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1135 on: March 28, 2023, 11:34:46 AM »

sounds like me when I sesh on psychs

Streebo

• Rep: -30
« Reply #1136 on: March 28, 2023, 01:05:41 PM »
I went to echo park skatepark yesterday. I didn't skate at all....I just sat and listen to the locals talk about what beer they were gonna get. Sometimes lurking is more entertaining than actually skating.

leafman4000

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1137 on: March 28, 2023, 05:23:38 PM »
Got my first front crook today. Super stoked even though it was sketchy  ;D
I thought skaters were tough and got laid. Way off

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #1138 on: March 28, 2023, 06:04:46 PM »
moved twenty minutes away and have a new local park. also haven’t skated in three months. felt stiff as shit, could barely do any of my warm up tricks, even forgot how to slap put, but towards the end I almost threw a front smith shuv out and got a front sugarcane on transition so fuck it, I’ll take it. now I’m sore as absolute shit and reading a bunch of shit about yoga and eating healthy to try and mitigate it next time

switchfakie

« Reply #1139 on: March 28, 2023, 06:06:23 PM »
practiced tre's & extending my foot out when doing kickflips - i developed a bad habit of doing a quick and short flick instead of a nice extended one

tried to learn impossibles, but them shits keep flipping on me. tried backside flips for a while but it was too windy

i recently picked up mini ramp skating & was really stoked to get a nice 5 trick line (drop into a decently long 5050, 5-0 stall, rock fakie, fakie rock, and then fs disaster). even though it was really simple i was happy to get it on a 5 ft mini