Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 64257 times)

Skatebeard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 130
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1350 on: May 27, 2023, 02:30:17 PM »
Filmed a couple of the homies doing grinds on a 50" flatscreen TV propped up with sandbags, amazingly no one got destroyed and a few tricks were put down...TV stood up to it quite well.

Dead to Me

• Rep: 75
« Reply #1351 on: May 27, 2023, 02:34:36 PM »
Had a decent session at the park mostly relearning tricks i’ve lost but recently learned frontside 5-0s on transition and have been feeling more comfortable holding frontside grinds a bit longer now too which is super satisfying.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 611
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1352 on: May 27, 2023, 02:46:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tried to skate after I twisted/bruised my ankle last thursday. Turns out I can pop but not flick. I am bummed because I feel it‘s going to take a while to heal up. On the other hand at least I can manny, slappy, and do some low level grinds and slides (all my grinds and slides are low level anyway).

Now the question: is it ok to skate with this ankle aka will it still fully heal if I continue to skate or should I take a full break instead to speed up the healing process?
[close]

As long as you don't feel noticeably worse the day after you should be good to go. Any movement that doesn't
 aggravate the symptoms is generally a good thing and will aid the healing process.
[close]

Sorry to hear your ankle is injured. I have to disagree with the previous post. Worst decision I have ever made regarding physical health was to not let my rolled ankle heal properly when I was 15 years old. I skated switch all the time, it didnt hurt, but the ankle never really healed. My ligaments are superloose ever since. Give it a lot of rest is my advice.
[close]

I agree there. Did the same when I was 16 and my right ankle just feels weird on some days. And I usually wear a ankle brace when I skate.

@devils acrobat are you doing some kind of exercises to strenghten the ankle?

@Easy Slider get well soon and search the internet for good exercises
[close]

Damn, hadn't seen the mention until now, sorry for the delayed reply. I am also skating with a bracelet on. I have tried many things in my mid 30ies but never made a full-on effort to strengthen it to the point where I would feel safe. Maybe I should get into it again with the advice posted here. Are you doing something @fs1/2cab

Also big @scab for the detailed response. The way you explained it makes a lot of sense, I guess many people overdo it during recovery just like myself.

There is this guy I watch on Youtube, the daily push. He has pretty good exercises for all sorts of pain. I was also really sceptical about yoga, but then I tried a few things and it really makes a difference. And also when I lay in bed, I rotate my ankles like 50 times with a left turn, 50 times with a right turn, 50 times up and down and stuff like that. If there are specific spots that feel a bit weak, I look up that guy skateboard strenght on insta or use google.
IG: @flowterspace

MC3

• Rep: 128
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #1353 on: May 27, 2023, 08:45:58 PM »
Made an honest attempt to skate faster and grind longer.

Felt good to scare myself doing the most basic tricks
(Cool Trick GIF)

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #1354 on: May 28, 2023, 11:13:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Does popping my kiddo in his joggy stroller and shaloming over to 7-11 count? Cuz it was pretty rad
[close]
Yo 100% it does
Anytime you get to push if you have stroller age kids is a gift

He loves it too. We fly the wrong way down a one way street they just paved. I can unlock his front wheel and do the shalom train. Grab a couple Squisheez and glide around town a bit.

Chris

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1355 on: May 28, 2023, 06:58:59 PM »
I wore basketball shorts

vinithebr

• Rep: -23
« Reply #1356 on: May 30, 2023, 08:21:13 PM »
Practiced hardflips, it was a very fucking good idea to do that after sorta learning 'proper' fs flips, landed a few not even rolling away, but it felt so much better than the ones I've rarely landed in the past.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #1357 on: May 30, 2023, 10:19:32 PM »
My ankle is still bruised so I stick to slappies. During all Winter I was slappying a slanted high lacquered curb of quite soft concrete. These days I went back to two other curbs, lower, more vertical and harder stone. It‘s crazy how much of a difference it makes and I am having a hard time readapting to those curbs even tho I actually learned slappies on those.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

mfweeno

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1358 on: May 31, 2023, 07:30:08 AM »
I had my last session for a couple of weeks (vacation) this morning at a-frame/QP park.

I came in with a "workshop" mentality to get the following line:
-Tre flip
-Rock fakie
-Fakie bigflip

Ended up filming a solid make in about 10 minutes, which is somewhat quick for me.
I spent the rest of the time in "go-to" mode, stringing together some lines and pushing my cardio a bit.

I got "do a kickflip"-ed by two guys walking through the park and successfully obliged. Felt pretty cool.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1359 on: May 31, 2023, 11:35:20 AM »
I had my last session for a couple of weeks (vacation) this morning at a-frame/QP park.

I came in with a "workshop" mentality to get the following line:
-Tre flip
-Rock fakie
-Fakie bigflip

Ended up filming a solid make in about 10 minutes, which is somewhat quick for me.
I spent the rest of the time in "go-to" mode, stringing together some lines and pushing my cardio a bit.

I got "do a kickflip"-ed by two guys walking through the park and successfully obliged. Felt pretty cool.

Balanced as all things should be.

I found this fun hip at the local for "cheating" handplants.

Its a large, steep QP that cuts down to a lil mellow 2 footer, but there's a small hip that transitions out in a way that you can plant the hand and basically ride the invent up the larger QP and flick it into the stall. I found find the apex and was fully upside down on this tiny little ramp. Felt silly but helped turn the lightbulb on with some of the aspects of the trick.

Been doing BS Boneless to back disaster too. That's a fun one.
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1360 on: May 31, 2023, 12:44:52 PM »
Did my first kickflip since my ankle injury two weeks ago. First try but felt it is too early for flips. Got to be patient.
why come?

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1361 on: May 31, 2023, 01:41:30 PM »
I been heavily inspired by the goat mouth this week.

Hafcab crooks back 80 is coming.

Im trying to capture back 80 fakie 5oh fakie shuvs.

Super hard to film one alone. People be fucking messing with my shit.

It makes me crazy then I get in can get into any trick but can land a 5oh mode from frustration with the huge tours that walk by.

I'm going to make a sign that says

HEY DO A
KICKFLIP?

KICKFLIPS ARE
$10

IMPOSSIBLE FOR $5

Big spins for a buck.

Why am I gonna kill myself primo for your larvae who are trying to pick my stuff up off the ground?

The last few days has been difficult. I quit juul two days ago. Has me hearing music that never goes away. Inner monologue that causes the ground to shake

I think on the war and the fascist coming out the closet all over the place.

My skating is frickin exploding tho. I feel really strong but I'm definitely not feeling my clips. I gotta figure out a way to film better and more.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 02:22:38 PM by Uncle Flea »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

switchfakie

« Reply #1362 on: May 31, 2023, 03:06:28 PM »

It makes me crazy then I get in can get into any trick but can land a 5oh mode from frustration with the huge tours that walk by.

HEY DO A
KICKFLIP?

KICKFLIPS ARE
$10

IMPOSSIBLE FOR $5

Big spins for a buck.

Why am I gonna kill myself primo for your larvae who are trying to pick my stuff up off the ground?

The last few days has been difficult. I quit juul two days ago. Has me hearing music that never goes away. Inner monologue that causes the ground to shake

My skating is frickin exploding tho. I feel really strong but I'm definitely not feeling my clips. I gotta figure out a way to film better and more.

where can i find your clips

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #1363 on: May 31, 2023, 03:12:10 PM »
Did my first kickflip since my ankle injury two weeks ago. First try but felt it is too early for flips. Got to be patient.

Yes please let it heal properly my friend. That was about the extent of my session yesterday though. Took my son to a playground beside the skatepark and brought my board incase I felt the urge. Ollied the 3 stair at his elementary school and did a flat ground kickflip but it felt good still. My bloody eye looks like it's getting worse though so going to a filthy dusty skatepark doesn't seem conducive to healing. Considering rocking an eyepatch even... Probably hard to skate if you're not used to that. I ain't no Sheldon Meleshinski..

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1364 on: May 31, 2023, 09:10:09 PM »
Back in the place i grew up skating and am tired from jetlag/time change/lack of sleep. My legs feel like that hard film on top of a bowl of jello cuz ive sat so much and not been doing my leg workouts. Humidity has me smoked as well. So i went out to skate and just pushed across the city. Clocked about 8 miles cruising. Really didnt do much else other than go 180s, pivots, and powerslides, going from regular to goofy/switch. It was cool push fast across a night time city street with fresh black top amd 180 into goofy to ride switch down a smaller hill that has 2 curves onto different streets.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #1365 on: June 01, 2023, 06:04:09 AM »
I’ve been hit by some virus, I just want to sleep all day long. Went to get a session before work, see if that would get my juices flowing.
Tried switch 360 flips for about a half an hour, went back home to take a nap.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1366 on: June 01, 2023, 06:10:40 AM »
Did my first nosegrind in years in under 20 minutes. Got super stoked and tried a switch 180 5-0, slipped out, caught myself with my trailing arm and when I fell, felt a pop in my shoulder. Feels bad man
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #1367 on: June 01, 2023, 06:40:30 AM »
15 minutes in i slipped out on a BS flip during my lunch break, went down on both elbows and jammed my fingers into the floor.

Good times! Landed a couple in revenge before I called it a day.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1368 on: June 01, 2023, 08:48:11 AM »
15 minutes in i slipped out on a BS flip during my lunch break, went down on both elbows and jammed my fingers into the floor.

Good times! Landed a couple in revenge before I called it a day.
I slammed onto my fingers yesterday also

Went to float over this chunky spine, over shot it and stuck my hands out to catch myself. Except my fingertips folded in and i took it straight to the top of my nails. That one sucked

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #1369 on: June 01, 2023, 10:09:28 AM »
I've been going out almost every day to skate since the snow melted in April.

I try to break my sessions up into one morning session to cruise around and skate ramps, taking it easy, and then one evening session where I push myself to skate harder. It's too hot outside during the afternoon, usually.

Also trying to stack clips for one last video part, taking it seriously. I've got a few clips that I don't even want to post on insta just because I'd like to save everything for the part and not have anyone bite my shit because I'm really that important.

Today (this morning), I clipped up and it felt good. Drove home and was smiling. It was a trick that I thought would be easy but turned out to be way harder than I thought to land clean.

I've been thinking of revamping my skate schedule where I optimally skate five days a week, four of those days only focused on a trick I want to film, and one day being free where I just cruise around and do whatever.

That might sound too rigid and formulaic, but I'm honestly really happy when I get a clip of a trick I'm busting my ass on, and I feel like it'll be the best approach with the weather/my age/my schedule/my goals.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1370 on: June 01, 2023, 12:19:53 PM »
I've been going out almost every day to skate since the snow melted in April.

I try to break my sessions up into one morning session to cruise around and skate ramps, taking it easy, and then one evening session where I push myself to skate harder. It's too hot outside during the afternoon, usually.

Also trying to stack clips for one last video part, taking it seriously. I've got a few clips that I don't even want to post on insta just because I'd like to save everything for the part and not have anyone bite my shit because I'm really that important.

Today (this morning), I clipped up and it felt good. Drove home and was smiling. It was a trick that I thought would be easy but turned out to be way harder than I thought to land clean.

I've been thinking of revamping my skate schedule where I optimally skate five days a week, four of those days only focused on a trick I want to film, and one day being free where I just cruise around and do whatever.

That might sound too rigid and formulaic, but I'm honestly really happy when I get a clip of a trick I'm busting my ass on, and I feel like it'll be the best approach with the weather/my age/my schedule/my goals.
Respect the plight

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1371 on: June 01, 2023, 11:29:56 PM »
I've had a bit of a week. Hung out with some friends after work. Got back home and decided I could use a slice and a drink. Bombed a hill that I love. Sometimes it's the simple things that can ease your mind.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1372 on: June 01, 2023, 11:38:34 PM »
Expand Quote

HEY DO A
KICKFLIP?

KICKFLIPS ARE
$10

IMPOSSIBLE FOR $5

Big spins for a buck.

[close]

where can i find your clips

No real clips today.

I sometimes do ig and yt stories.

Dustwardprez is my away from slap
(A)pl(E)

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #1373 on: June 04, 2023, 02:13:29 PM »
Pretty fun, I learnt frontside 5-0 roll ins into a small bowl which I have trying to g myself up to learn forever. I had a major commitment issue with em but I randomly did one accidentally and then just did a bunch afterwards on purpose. I only got a scratch on the grind part but now I have the confidence to do them at all i'll be able to work up to getting some really fast and long ones.

Also got backside roll-ins into some bigger transition which was another thing I'd been too scared to do for a while... frontside is easy for me but backside spooks me until I do it and it's not scary anymore. So that opens up the possibilities for new lines, stoked on that
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 03:47:35 PM by modern life is war »
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #1374 on: June 04, 2023, 04:18:49 PM »
Trying to learn how to skate with an eyepatch. Got a little fs feeble grind to fakie on a tiny noping quarter pipe. Bs and fs tail stall also. Mostly just sat on my ass and smoked a huge joint and drank a gin grapefruit drink while I escaped my demon children for an hour. Was nice.

More one-eye progress today. Got the old signature front nose and locked in and slid a few fakie ollie bs tail/switch front nose whatever you call them. Think I should be able to get that trick with a bit of persistence and maybe some depth perception would help lol...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 09:30:27 PM by Steely Daniel »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1375 on: June 04, 2023, 04:49:33 PM »
Fuckin summer help trying throwing their weight around at one of my spots I been skating for about a year .

Tells me

No drugs no homeless sleeping no skatebloards

I'm at war now

« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 08:19:33 PM by Uncle Flea »
(A)pl(E)

blizblaz

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1376 on: June 04, 2023, 05:00:51 PM »
i am so gd close to getting frontside 5050s on transition. feel like ive been trying to get comfortable enough to do them for the last two years

also the sound the trucks make when i hit a frontside slash is like pavlovs bell. releases a tiny bit of dopamine.

Pbn_jake

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1377 on: June 04, 2023, 05:51:24 PM »
I rotated my bushings and was tripping out about my board for about an hour.

But I front boarded a rail and back 50d a ledge. Two things I’m god awful at

switchfakie

« Reply #1378 on: June 04, 2023, 05:56:16 PM »
with the homies

vheels and tailslides on banks

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1379 on: June 04, 2023, 10:54:29 PM »
Trying to learn how to skate with an eyepatch. Got a little fs feeble grind to fakie on a tiny noping quarter pipe. Bs and fs tail stall also. Mostly just sat on my ass and smoked a huge joint and drank a gin grapefruit drink while I escaped my demon children for an hour. Was nice.

More one-eye progress today. Got the old signature front nose and locked in and slid a few fakie ollie bs tail/switch front nose whatever you call them. Think I should be able to get that trick with a bit of persistence and maybe some depth perception would help lol...

It must be awkward skating with one eye because you basically lose a dimension. On the other hand you certainly look super gnarly (in a good way) with the eyepatch. Does it have skull and bones on it at least?

Anyway, got a few shitty slappy fs crooks yesterday so that was a huge stoke.
why come?