Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 62323 times)

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1380 on: June 05, 2023, 01:59:07 AM »
couldn't skate until the kids were asleep and the horrid gremlins somehow managed to extend their 7.30 bedtime to 9.45, which is when the lights go out out at the park. so for one night only i was transformed from a rad-dad, park-rat, loser to a certified street purist - the insane bastard offspring of oyola and puleo, ripping through the urban jungle on my tiny wooden steed.

basically skated a pretty perfect ledge, got a good fs noseslide, knew i didn't have anything better in me, so bought myself a beer and came home.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #1381 on: June 05, 2023, 02:21:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Trying to learn how to skate with an eyepatch. Got a little fs feeble grind to fakie on a tiny noping quarter pipe. Bs and fs tail stall also. Mostly just sat on my ass and smoked a huge joint and drank a gin grapefruit drink while I escaped my demon children for an hour. Was nice.

More one-eye progress today. Got the old signature front nose and locked in and slid a few fakie ollie bs tail/switch front nose whatever you call them. Think I should be able to get that trick with a bit of persistence and maybe some depth perception would help lol...
[close]

It must be awkward skating with one eye because you basically lose a dimension. On the other hand you certainly look super gnarly (in a good way) with the eyepatch. Does it have skull and bones on it at least?

Anyway, got a few shitty slappy fs crooks yesterday so that was a huge stoke.

Yeah, it's mostly awkward because it's a temporary thing (hopefully) but I just can't shake the itch and gotta go out and try to skate anyway. No skull and bones but it's a very convex patch I can stuff gause under to absorb the tears and mucus seeping out. At the same time, I have to wear glasses over a convex eyepatch which in itself is problematic but hilarious too. Since I very rarely learn new tricks or push myself too hard it's just like an alternate difficulty level at this point.

FS crooks are so juicy though. I'd kill to feel any iteration of that grind. Being fs noseslide guy it's just a few angles away but still so elusive to me no matter how slow or methodical I approach it. Basically impossible.

Riding away from them surely feels great and don't undersell it by saying they're shitty. Huge stoke is inspirational!

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #1382 on: June 05, 2023, 04:16:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Trying to learn how to skate with an eyepatch. Got a little fs feeble grind to fakie on a tiny noping quarter pipe. Bs and fs tail stall also. Mostly just sat on my ass and smoked a huge joint and drank a gin grapefruit drink while I escaped my demon children for an hour. Was nice.

More one-eye progress today. Got the old signature front nose and locked in and slid a few fakie ollie bs tail/switch front nose whatever you call them. Think I should be able to get that trick with a bit of persistence and maybe some depth perception would help lol...
[close]

It must be awkward skating with one eye because you basically lose a dimension. On the other hand you certainly look super gnarly (in a good way) with the eyepatch. Does it have skull and bones on it at least?

Anyway, got a few shitty slappy fs crooks yesterday so that was a huge stoke.
[close]

Yeah, it's mostly awkward because it's a temporary thing (hopefully) but I just can't shake the itch and gotta go out and try to skate anyway. No skull and bones but it's a very convex patch I can stuff gause under to absorb the tears and mucus seeping out. At the same time, I have to wear glasses over a convex eyepatch which in itself is problematic but hilarious too. Since I very rarely learn new tricks or push myself too hard it's just like an alternate difficulty level at this point.

FS crooks are so juicy though. I'd kill to feel any iteration of that grind. Being fs noseslide guy it's just a few angles away but still so elusive to me no matter how slow or methodical I approach it. Basically impossible.

Riding away from them surely feels great and don't undersell it by saying they're shitty. Huge stoke is inspirational!

Great to see you skate despite that handicap.

Re fs slappy crooks: Trust me they are shitty. I can lock in and grind anytime (but only on my go to curb, nowhere else), but getting of is super hard. I learned them on a parking block where I could just drop of at the end but on this curb I have to "pop" out. However, on the attempts I roll away, I basically just slip/fall of the curb. I have been practicing them all Winter but still no clue how to actually get of properly.

OT got a quick morning session in and slammed on a warm up ollie, rasping of some skin inside my palm. Now I am typing away at my keyboard trying not to smear blood all over it.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #1383 on: June 05, 2023, 04:32:13 AM »
i did 6 kickflips on flat and then my nipples started burning cause it was so hot/humid out. fuck summer

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1384 on: June 05, 2023, 10:44:05 AM »
Skated blacktop for the first time in years.  Forgot that the body definitely does not slide when you slam upon it and it does a mighty fine impression of a cheese grater too. 

vinithebr

• Rep: -25
« Reply #1385 on: June 05, 2023, 03:17:38 PM »
first big session since when I broke my finger, I spent a couple hours trying to nollie out of a flatbar crook without success, fuck skateboarding sometimes

switchfakie

« Reply #1386 on: June 05, 2023, 09:05:24 PM »
first big session since when I broke my finger, I spent a couple hours trying to nollie out of a flatbar crook without success, fuck skateboarding sometimes

wdym nollie out tho, the only way out of crooks are through nollies

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #1387 on: June 06, 2023, 12:46:28 AM »
Went out for a spur of the moment evening session having already skated at lunch. Landed fakie FS kickflip and heelflips, which I haven't done for ages as I favour fakie BS, so that was rewarding.

Learnt a new trick too, which was unexpected... twisted flip (varial flip body varial). I'll take myself straight to jail for that, but damn, it felt good.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1388 on: June 06, 2023, 04:40:07 AM »
Went out for a spur of the moment evening session having already skated at lunch. Landed fakie FS kickflip and heelflips, which I haven't done for ages as I favour fakie BS, so that was rewarding.

Learnt a new trick too, which was unexpected... twisted flip (varial flip body varial). I'll take myself straight to jail for that, but damn, it felt good.

I once did one of those by accident whilst practicing tres, I even have a clip. I am sure if asked to, I could not land one in a thousand years tho.

https://youtu.be/bKYh6UJG6CM

As for myself, I got my first proper lipslide today (on the lowest level of my flatbar, but still). This took a while, I have been at it for months. Felt very good.

why come?

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #1389 on: June 06, 2023, 05:30:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I once did one of those by accident whilst practicing tres, I even have a clip. I am sure if asked to, I could not land one in a thousand years tho.

https://youtu.be/bKYh6UJG6CM

As for myself, I got my first proper lipslide today (on the lowest level of my flatbar, but still). This took a while, I have been at it for months. Felt very good.

for an accidental land, that was super clean!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1390 on: June 06, 2023, 06:37:23 AM »
Was another big one, my son learnt boardslides on curbs and is now obsessed with the feeling, I give it two weeks before he overtakes his old man …

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #1391 on: June 07, 2023, 05:41:52 AM »
Absolute nightmare of a session yesterday. So I was skating the park with a couple homies when a gaggle of about a dozen very small kids ran in and started running amok. Not too out of the ordinary until eventually I notice they have an actual infant in a stroller trying to get it up a 6 foot quarterpipe, in which we finally intervened. After a couple attempts to get them to stop one of their dads comes in the park and tries to get tough to us explaining that "it's his 3 year old's birthday and this is what he wanted to do." When I tried explaining that they almost just cracked an infant's skull he said "they don't understand that, so watch my kids", then leaves again.

vinithebr

• Rep: -25
« Reply #1392 on: June 07, 2023, 06:09:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wdym nollie out tho, the only way out of crooks are through nollies

I mean yea exactly and I can't do it, which is why it's frustrating, I can only sorta nudge out but it looks gross. With nollie out I mean a proper confident exit
*insert clip of any tiago crook*

I don't have good flatground nollies so it makes sense but actually what I think is the biggest problem is that I freeze during the grind, like my brain/body can't execute more tasks in such a short time

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #1393 on: June 09, 2023, 02:15:26 AM »
Almost skipped on a session because I was too tired.
Ended up having a blast and got a old trick back that I haven’t landed in 15+ years.

ASS FAULT

• Rep: -32
« Reply #1394 on: June 09, 2023, 04:30:55 AM »
I broke my foot on a stupid fr nose.6 weeks off.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 72
« Reply #1395 on: June 09, 2023, 06:33:36 AM »
Taking a break until my new knee pads come in. I've been paranoid lately cause two random folks mentioned I wasn't wearing pads anymore (use to wear them when I first started last year). And now I feel like it's a sign I should put them back on cause I'm about to have a freak accident or some shit. I've gotten a lot better, but I'm still a newbie.

I've only ever fallen on my knee once. Went to push and hit a patch of sand. But they're already awful and don't want to risk that again.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1396 on: June 09, 2023, 11:30:20 AM »
Absolute nightmare of a session yesterday. So I was skating the park with a couple homies when a gaggle of about a dozen very small kids ran in and started running amok. Not too out of the ordinary until eventually I notice they have an actual infant in a stroller trying to get it up a 6 foot quarterpipe, in which we finally intervened. After a couple attempts to get them to stop one of their dads comes in the park and tries to get tough to us explaining that "it's his 3 year old's birthday and this is what he wanted to do." When I tried explaining that they almost just cracked an infant's skull he said "they don't understand that, so watch my kids", then leaves again.

My baby is 6mo old and this spiked my dad energy super hard. I'm not above bringing him to the park for a nap while i get a lil sesh in, but fuck everything about that.

Little children unsupervised, pushing an infant, at a concrete slab. "watch my kids", fuck that. I'm leaving before I become a witness to anything more.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #1397 on: June 09, 2023, 02:17:04 PM »
Some random grown ass couple came into the park with their kids who started running around everywhere while the dude lied down on the main speed bump in the park to strike a pose for his girl to take pictures. Other than witnessing that nonsense I had a solid sesh today, figured out nollies on hips.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1398 on: June 10, 2023, 06:54:01 AM »
I went to my bank spot. Until today I managed to roll away from a heelflip every single time I went there but not today. I am truly bummed and this basically ruined my weekend. I know it‘s stupid to get frustrated like this but it seriously bums me out.
why come?

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #1399 on: June 10, 2023, 08:37:38 AM »
7am. Got some slappies. Had to be home by 9am. Skating with a time limit is lame the best.

switchfakie

« Reply #1400 on: June 11, 2023, 06:00:30 PM »
practiced front tails on tranny. got it on lock on 3ft qps & practiced a bunch on 5ft

tried front nosegrind on tranny for the first time, and got folded (but i did lock in overcrook tho even tho i slipped out - which is all that matters). i landed on my already fractured wrist, i think i have a concussion now - head has been pulsating the whole day. my left thigh muscles feel caved in and my lower back is fucked

gonna skate again tuesday no matter what so hopefully i can walk by then

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1401 on: June 12, 2023, 04:23:18 AM »
practiced front tails on tranny. got it on lock on 3ft qps & practiced a bunch on 5ft

tried front nosegrind on tranny for the first time, and got folded (but i did lock in overcrook tho even tho i slipped out - which is all that matters). i landed on my already fractured wrist, i think i have a concussion now - head has been pulsating the whole day. my left thigh muscles feel caved in and my lower back is fucked

gonna skate again tuesday no matter what so hopefully i can walk by then

I am a big fan of your motivation but concussions aren't no joke. Especially if you feel some vertigo or had to throw up but I wish you luck for a nice session on tuesday.

Yesterday it was 82°F with 50% humidity. But I didn't felt like hanging around at a lake or just chilling, so I went for a solo session in the Ikea parking garage. Felt good.
IG: @flowterspace

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #1402 on: June 12, 2023, 05:27:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My baby is 6mo old and this spiked my dad energy super hard. I'm not above bringing him to the park for a nap while i get a lil sesh in, but fuck everything about that.

Little children unsupervised, pushing an infant, at a concrete slab. "watch my kids", fuck that. I'm leaving before I become a witness to anything more.

My DIY is very colorful and it's right by a playground. So this isn't the first time it's happened and it certainly won't be the last. It's frustrating because the argument is always framed over the skaters being immature but I've seen little kids get seriously hurt because they're running around unattended. Having a conscience can be stressful.

mfweeno

• Rep: 27
« Reply #1403 on: June 12, 2023, 07:59:45 AM »
Had a nice "recalibration" post-vacation sesh yesterday at a-frame/QP park. I felt surprisingly comfortable on the board and landed this line a few times:

-Frontside nosegrind flat ledge
-Frontside ollie QP
-Tre-flip a-frame

Landed one of my best tre flips ever on the last one I did. Finally getting the right mix of pop and scoop.

I battled a half cab manual shuv-out with some of the time I had left yesterday, and went back this morning to see if I could get it. Trying to stop my turning momentum after the half cab is very tricky, which makes the shuv out pretty difficult and only works out every 10 tries or so. Didn't land it, but got a decent line after calling the battle:
-Nose manual pad
-Rock fakie QP
-Half cab manual back 180 out

The 180/revert out tends to work better as I can just follow my body's turning momentum off the pad. Very fun feeling trick, almost like a full cab with a pause in the middle.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
« Reply #1404 on: June 12, 2023, 12:59:54 PM »
I moved into the house right next to my old house (same landlord) so I feel funny skating in the parking lot behind the house I don’t live in. I have a little 2 foot quarter pipe on wheels and a box in the furnace room in the basement. After I put my daughter to bed I went over and took the ramp out and skated out back there. Had a quick little sesh. I was also wasted which is why I didn’t feel self conscious at all about going into a house I don’t live in to drag out a big heavy ramp but it was really fun. I miss skating that little ramp. Got a couple front feebles and back smiths. So fun

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1405 on: June 12, 2023, 01:05:08 PM »
I skated from 7am to 8am today, never got out so early. It was cool tho, the air still fresh. Might do that again.
why come?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1406 on: June 12, 2023, 01:06:45 PM »
I skated from 7am to 8am today, never got out so early. It was cool tho, the air still fresh. Might do that again.

How did you do that? Did you ate breakfast or just went straight outta bed to the spot? That is rad dude.
IG: @flowterspace

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #1407 on: June 12, 2023, 03:32:07 PM »
Any one else get performance/social anxiety skating with new people???? I'm fine skating around people at skatepakrs but for some reason meeting new people and sharing a spot from them is tough for me.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
« Reply #1408 on: June 12, 2023, 06:15:57 PM »
Any one else get performance/social anxiety skating with new people???? I'm fine skating around people at skatepakrs but for some reason meeting new people and sharing a spot from them is tough for me.

Yeah man. I don’t know why either. It’s not like anyone really cares what we’re doing. I hope you can relax and enjoy yourself but easier said than done.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #1409 on: June 12, 2023, 07:08:13 PM »
Yeah, the "spotlight effect" is real, im better at dealing with it some days more than others for sure.