Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 66115 times)

Yakusoku2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 45
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1470 on: July 02, 2023, 08:27:58 AM »
I've been skating once a week every month if the rain allowed me but today I had an little injury. When making the motion with my front leg to do a kickflip, I heard a crunch in my hamstrings and couldn't continue practicing ollie tricks for the rest of the afternoon. And I even did some stretching beforehand! The pain was sharp, although now it only hurts a little.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
« Reply #1471 on: July 02, 2023, 11:04:24 AM »
I've been skating once a week every month if the rain allowed me but today I had an little injury. When making the motion with my front leg to do a kickflip, I heard a crunch in my hamstrings and couldn't continue practicing ollie tricks for the rest of the afternoon. And I even did some stretching beforehand! The pain was sharp, although now it only hurts a little.

Bummer, heal up G.

I took the egg to the concrete curb. I was a bit sceptical how it would perform as I have never slappied large wheels, Aces nor an egg but it turned out fine. Got front and back 50/50s in no time. Got rained out before I could try a crook tho. I think the nose on the egg might be a bit long for that…
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1472 on: July 02, 2023, 01:34:57 PM »
Met up with my 3 best homies. We all were tired or had digestion problems. We went to 3 spots and I managed to get a clip which I like. And then chilling together and talking about days long gone. But I think that’s normal when you are 30+

It was a beautiful day and I am thankful to still be able to do that with the best homies. We all could have went another way in life, but skating saved us from that.
IG: @flowterspace

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 101
« Reply #1473 on: July 02, 2023, 02:13:46 PM »
I went up the street to my curb manual spot and as soon as i got there ate shit pushing up to the curb. It wasnt too bad, but then after 5 min it started to downpour. Walked home 20 min and soon as i got home and got out of my soaked clothes it completely stopped. I shoulda know better than to cheat a friend.
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

Phillyflared

• Rep: 40
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1474 on: July 02, 2023, 07:57:16 PM »
Caught a couple hrs at my curb spot and worked on getting frontside slappy's dialed in, going faster and slightly less of an  angle has helped. I've always felt way more comfortable going backside, so been making an effort to go frontside more and keep trying new/old tricks. Also clear coated my 1st curb to keep the spot evolving. Hit it w/ 2 coats and some wax. Gonna use it to learn feebles, that's the plan at least

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #1475 on: July 03, 2023, 07:37:17 AM »
I put a set of almost new maglites on my curb cruiser with the full intention of destroying and/or bending axles so I can get them out of my gear storage box. Damn they grind so smoothly but damn do I really want to get used to new trucks? Kind of no. Next session will be all slappies, the axles will bend, and they’ll be gone.

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 45
« Reply #1476 on: July 03, 2023, 08:56:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bummer, heal up G.

I took the egg to the concrete curb. I was a bit sceptical how it would perform as I have never slappied large wheels, Aces nor an egg but it turned out fine. Got front and back 50/50s in no time. Got rained out before I could try a crook tho. I think the nose on the egg might be a bit long for that…

Thank you! It was a bummer because it was the first popped trick of the session. I was skating an egg with Aces too.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1477 on: July 03, 2023, 10:23:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Bummer, heal up G.

[close]

Thank you! It was a bummer because it was the first popped trick of the session. I was skating an egg with Aces too.

Now I am scared lol.

Had a good sesh today, got my standards plus a nice manny first try.
why come?

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #1478 on: July 03, 2023, 01:52:46 PM »
it was on a 3 stair with a double-sized hubba in both sides
managed to land a fs 50-50 and a bs noseslide down it

the hard part isnt the tricks, its the run up, I basically spent 30 minutes figuring out how to go in these kind of tiles with rocks that make your board bounce everywhere:

(you can't go slow cause the board wont follow but can't go fast cause I'll eat shit for sure)

I skated the spot 5 years ago and did the same tricks, but now being 34 and skating a lot less: the excitement was ON.
I know I can do a kickflip bs 50-50 on this shit, I'll get it dudes  >:(

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1479 on: July 03, 2023, 01:59:02 PM »
it was on a 3 stair with a double-sized hubba in both sides
managed to land a fs 50-50 and a bs noseslide down it

the hard part isnt the tricks, its the run up, I basically spent 30 minutes figuring out how to go in these kind of tiles with rocks that make your board bounce everywhere:

I skated the spot 5 years ago and did the same tricks, but now being 34 and skating a lot less: the excitement was ON.
I know I can do a kickflip bs 50-50 on this shit, I'll get it dudes  >:(

You didn't heard that from me, but have you tried to roughen these tiles with a rub brick or grinding a stone across them?

And you will get the kickflip back 50.
IG: @flowterspace

mfweeno

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1480 on: July 03, 2023, 02:38:55 PM »
Had another "two a day" despite the blazing summer heat. Feels good to reclaim some of the "skate endurance" I had when I was younger (although I still have no idea how I would street skate all day multiple days a week during the summer.)

This morning, I went out to a-frame/QP park again and mostly skated the manny pad/ledge section. I actually really like the design of that element at this park - two "out ledge" flat ledges running along the left side of the pad, one at the beginning and one at the end. Warmed up a bit, then got a half cab up the pad, backside 5-0 on the out ledge.

I still had the itch to go push around during my lunch break (work from home), so I skated down to a nearby dormant shopping center with some curbs and manual pads. Ended up getting a nollie shuv manual a couple of minutes before I had to skate back to the house. My route to and from said shopping center is intersected by a huge bridge that is super fun to bomb. Unexpectedly nice skate day before a chill holiday tomorrow.

blizblaz

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1481 on: July 05, 2023, 05:01:05 PM »
I'm getting front 5050s on the 4ft quarter pretty good now. I thought I might never do good ones on the 5ft but I am so close now. So many months in the making getting comfortable with these.

Banned from the room

« Reply #1482 on: July 05, 2023, 09:57:27 PM »
I got a quick session today also 15 minutes in the empty park.

I been working on switch basics. Ollie down. Lots of switch tic-tacs. End overs. Switch Ollie. Switch front 50.
I realized that switch backside 180 plower slides are hard af now. I'm going to work on them day after tomorrow.
It's still my main goal to be 100/100 fluid cruiser in both stances.

At the park I did both rocks in all stances. Few laybacks. Pole jam. I can't do switch front side pole jams anymore. I gotta work on that if I ever go back to the skate park in time to remember.

I left the park and did mannys outside market basket instead because blacktop is far superior to concrete.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
« Reply #1483 on: July 05, 2023, 11:05:53 PM »
Been having a lot of good sessions lately. Getting more consistent at my shitty tricks and relearning some old ones. Almost got the 2piece I've been working on this week but landed in the crack off the ledge at the local crust hole park. Used my karmic bank to mooch a few park drinks. Some young buck who gave me a tall boy killed the battery on his phone showing me his Instagram clips. Thought that was pretty funny at least. Good night overall.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #1484 on: July 06, 2023, 12:19:41 AM »
Evening sesh at the local park. Felt like i was skating for the first time. Everything was off. Maybe I was overly cautious, because I leave for an vacation this weekend.
Knee pain is flaring up again - bummed out.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #1485 on: July 07, 2023, 05:56:33 AM »
Relearning tricks means also relearning how to fall.  Somehow managed to crumple myself on a bailed fs noseslide and cracked my neck.  Landed it next try then on the rollaway landed my first fs flip in ages.  Decided that was good note to end the session on.

thetrashisright

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1486 on: July 07, 2023, 06:21:59 AM »
Was actually hitting my ollies after starting back up after a decade. Got a fresh 8" board so I'm not trying to get decent pop on a mothballed 9" pool board (it is being remade into a pool-only board). Thanks to There Skateboards for the donated board I was lucky enough to get, btw. Sick team, loving the board. So yeah, I was at Fat Kid in Brooklyn playing on their little brick banks and was actually was getting some height. Not doing much more than that other than working on dropping in again also. But it felt good to feel some forward movement.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1487 on: July 07, 2023, 06:25:34 AM »
I skated a plaza in a major city.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #1488 on: July 07, 2023, 08:47:48 AM »
Homie of mine moved to downtown so he and I skated the parking garage/bank ledges. Tried to slappy and bruised the fuck out of my back when I slipped out and fell on the parking block very close to my tailbone. Decided to keep skating and didn't really feel it until way after the session. Got a few different ledge tricks, learned fakie fs 50-50's and landed a couple of good kickflips. I gotta let my lower back heal up before I skate again but glad to skate with the homie after several months.

changed1

« Reply #1489 on: July 08, 2023, 02:09:38 PM »
Some little kid slammed in to me full speed and knocked me in to the bowl. I almost snapped my leg because I feel in such a weird way and his bike was falling with me. People say skateparks are for everybody but fuck that! Little kids are too unaware and are a danger to others. Sorry rad dads

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1490 on: July 09, 2023, 03:55:15 AM »
I have this bank spot I go to on many Saturdays. In the past, every time I went, I got a heelflip on that bank, until three weeks ago, when I had to abandon deeply frustrated. Went again yesterday, and again, no heelflip. Now Sunday is my slappy day and you won‘t catch me flipping my board. But today I decided I could not let this heelflip business unfinished and went back to the bank spot instead. Finally, I got the heel flip, to my great satisfaction.

Now this made me think: I am 45, have a lovely wife and a decent job, living in one of the wealthiest countries of the world but a success/failure to flip a wooden toy on an incline decides whether my life is miserable or great. I guess I should not worry so much about stuff like this. Anyone can relate?

Anyway, heading out again later, got some slappies to do…
why come?

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #1491 on: July 09, 2023, 06:21:20 PM »
I have this bank spot I go to on many Saturdays. In the past, every time I went, I got a heelflip on that bank, until three weeks ago, when I had to abandon deeply frustrated. Went again yesterday, and again, no heelflip. Now Sunday is my slappy day and you won‘t catch me flipping my board. But today I decided I could not let this heelflip business unfinished and went back to the bank spot instead. Finally, I got the heel flip, to my great satisfaction.

Now this made me think: I am 45, have a lovely wife and a decent job, living in one of the wealthiest countries of the world but a success/failure to flip a wooden toy on an incline decides whether my life is miserable or great. I guess I should not worry so much about stuff like this. Anyone can relate?

Anyway, heading out again later, got some slappies to do…

Lol big time. I would obsess over kickflips when I had sessions and now I try to not let it dictate my mood. My kickflip challenge helped me break through some of my hurdles so it's much easier to let it go now.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #1492 on: July 09, 2023, 09:19:47 PM »
Kickflipped on flat second try the other night.
I’m 53 years old and it felt fucking great.

McBrandt

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1493 on: July 10, 2023, 10:02:56 AM »
Had a 'session' for the first time in a few years yesterday, in this empty parking lot with some little gaps and a not-that-long waxed curb. Took my 8 year old who cruised around on her scooter. Was able to do all my standard stuff, and even jumped some little gaps which slightly surprised me being a few months shy of 46. Felt nice to know some stuff just takes a little bit of minor rust shaking to get back. I had a thought that if I can have a similar session at 50, it'd be pretty cool.

thetrashisright

« Reply #1494 on: July 10, 2023, 11:28:06 AM »
Was at a spot under a highway overpass. There were some fledgling pigeons up against one of the pillars. Mad cute. Moved some cones so people wouldn't run into them.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #1495 on: July 10, 2023, 12:01:22 PM »
Got a few bs bluntslides.
Nothing fancy, nothing new, but a little something I wasn’t sure I could still do.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
« Reply #1496 on: July 10, 2023, 11:01:18 PM »
Got a few bs bluntslides.
Nothing fancy, nothing new, but a little something I wasn’t sure I could still do.

Someone once said my stream of consciousness rant in this thread was like poetry but it didn't rhyme or flow like your post. Pure poetry this one.

thetrashisright

« Reply #1497 on: July 12, 2023, 10:57:20 AM »
I sucked ass. Was just working on a kicker-box-whatever the hell it's called. Just really was doing a lot of shit foot placement landings and false starts. It was pretty embarrassing. I guess some days the brain just isn't working.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #1498 on: July 12, 2023, 11:59:46 AM »
The other day I showed up to the park and as I was saying hello to everyone, this kid walked up to me and asked if I recognized him. I did not, but it turned out he was a kid from years ago who me and my friends sorta took under our wing as he was just getting into skating. He grew so much I didn't recognize him and he got pretty good at skating, so that was a neat reunion.

Eventually he leaves, and as I'm sorta reflecting on the situation with a friend, another kid walks in and immediately asks if I remember him. Pretty similar situation, he grew up a lot so I didn't recognize him but I definitely remembered.

Weird that it happened twice. But cool!

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
« Reply #1499 on: July 12, 2023, 12:38:16 PM »
Went to Niagara falls so had to wake up before the family and skate the closest park. Great sesh one other old dude. Got some basics and the weather was amazing