Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 63794 times)

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2021, 02:51:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I torn my meniscus in my right leg last year and sprained my LCL 4 months ago in my left leg. Been off the board for a while until the 3rd of July. Went to the park to roll around and to my surprise i felt really good. Was able to Ollie our bump over barrier and it gave me the confidence Ive been missing for months. It felt great to skate with my friends that I haven’t seen in a while. My buddy pulled a switch bs flip on the pyramid and got his back with a switch fs heel. Good times, good people, and good legs  :D
[close]

Good shit, those knees are hard to feel confident in when you have ligament and meniscus issues. Did you get surgery for the meniscus?
[close]
I didn’t get surgery, just been doing pt and eating better than usual. The time off the board really did me some good. Still going to take it easy but man it feels good to skate during the summer again

I hear you, going through something very similar (repeatedly strained LCL and probably meniscus damage, tbd) and am opting for taking better care of myself over surgery as well
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Hinna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2021, 04:36:32 PM »
no sk9 today because i have a gnarly soon to be pimple and cant pop it yet. its not the heat alert but the fact that i know if i was sweating for hours the evils was gonna swell up in the worst noticeable/embarrassing way possible. it bummed me out tbh i wanted to go practice some shit but cant concentrate if im feeling a throbbing second cranium being born out the forehead. might force it out with an exorcism by tomorrow cuz i want to skate. k its raining now so wouldve had less than 2 hours but i still shouldve went no excuses
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 04:46:25 PM by Hinna »

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2021, 04:44:10 PM »
Blew out my patella on a fs lipslide where the ollie just flat didn’t work three and a half weeks ago. (That trick is officially retired on flatbars, but I’ll still kook it and do them on ledges.) Surgery was three weeks ago, the bone was in six pieces but the surgeon was able to get it back together well enough with screws and wire. Prognosis is good, 4-6 months with rehab and I should be back up to skating shape. Hardware out in a year if it gets uncomfortable.

Trying to stay positive, focusing on other things like achievable projects around the house that I’ve ignored for too long and just generally getting myself together a bit, emotionally, without my preferred outlet. Be nice to get some exercise again, when I can.

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2021, 05:48:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I torn my meniscus in my right leg last year and sprained my LCL 4 months ago in my left leg. Been off the board for a while until the 3rd of July. Went to the park to roll around and to my surprise i felt really good. Was able to Ollie our bump over barrier and it gave me the confidence Ive been missing for months. It felt great to skate with my friends that I haven’t seen in a while. My buddy pulled a switch bs flip on the pyramid and got his back with a switch fs heel. Good times, good people, and good legs  :D
[close]

Good shit, those knees are hard to feel confident in when you have ligament and meniscus issues. Did you get surgery for the meniscus?
[close]
I didn’t get surgery, just been doing pt and eating better than usual. The time off the board really did me some good. Still going to take it easy but man it feels good to skate during the summer again
[close]

I hear you, going through something very similar (repeatedly strained LCL and probably meniscus damage, tbd) and am opting for taking better care of myself over surgery as well
I think it’s the best route if the damage isn’t too severe. It’s like as soon as I turned 30 my knees started going lol PT and a more balance diet have really helped tho. I hope you heal up soon.

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2021, 10:03:05 PM »
The last time I skated I was like 170, took a year off got back on the board at 205 and went to my favorite local park. There were 13 year olds doing kickflip front boards on the flat bars like first try and an older black girl ripping the tranny. I was like this is rad but man I remember back when if you could flip into anything you were good at the park and now I'm struggling to do anything outside of kickflips, heelflips and 50-50s and boardslides...Even frontside ones were a struggle.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2021, 10:21:28 PM »
I was pretty stoked on a line I'm getting down. BS slappy, push across parking lot with 360 power slide pivots, manual the pad, push and pop back onto pad, ride down to heelflip off, boardslide C shaped tall curb. Did the line 2x. Landed some 180flips and think that if I size down to something smaller than 8.5, 360flips won't be so elusive.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 48
« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2021, 10:36:06 PM »
fuuuck I relearned so much shit today fuck yes losing weight is the best choice 

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2021, 11:11:20 PM »
enameled and waxed a planter curb this weekend. was learning bs slappy crooks today, they're funny
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 94
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #158 on: July 06, 2021, 01:28:47 AM »
Took my cruiser board around the neighborhood. 5 pushes up hill then turn around and go back down, with minimal pushing I can do about a quarter mile, fun and relaxing.
Cocteau Twins

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2021, 06:13:06 AM »
Got a high ankle sprain about 2 months ago and the swelling is almost gone, but the good news is I can push around on the board now. I cruised up and down the main road by my house and it felt pretty good. Got a couple ollies in that didn't hurt but that's the most I'm gonna do until it's fully healed. I'm just doing as much PT as I can right now.

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2021, 10:04:00 AM »
Landed my first switch backside heelflip

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2021, 11:24:13 AM »
Hell yeah man that’s a good one

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2021, 12:35:18 PM »
Skated a park for the first time by myself for about an hour. Tried to learn a new trick in a two trick line 3/4’s of the time and got really close. It’s been a minute since I pushed myself, and even longer since I’ve pushed myself skating by myself. It felt great.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #163 on: July 06, 2021, 02:59:03 PM »
Just came back from the closest spot (good flat, two ledges). At first I wanted to skate for 30 minutes but stayed 2h30. I was skating by myslef, it was the perfect skate weather and the best moment of the day (20h00). I landed most of my tricks for an hour then a couple I kind of know came to the spot without a board. They told me I had flow today, nice style, I looked like "those guys who never miss on thrasher" (even tho I am not very good), so for once people say something nice about my skating, I took the compliment and kept skating. I got kind of obsessed with landing the most perfect heelflip I could do for an hour. After that I skated home, stopped at a bar close to my house bought a pinte and watched the end of the euro football game Italy vs Spain.

A good ass session
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 03:18:58 PM by dallou »
check my music

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #164 on: July 06, 2021, 07:12:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hell yeah man that’s a good one

Yeah I've been trying it casually for years but I just thought about leveling it out and it all clicked

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #165 on: July 09, 2021, 05:50:03 AM »
Solo session at my go-to local spot that no one else skates.  Small kerbs and lots of smooth and hard flatground.  I rolled my ankle 5 weeks ago and tweaked it again a few days ago on a 360 flip so kept it low key by dorking around with manuals, slappies, tailslides and properly catching pop-shuvs.  Nollie and flippy shit is no bueno right now.

ColorWheelsGraphicsOut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #166 on: July 09, 2021, 06:00:20 AM »
My 3 year old son asked for a skateboard so I ordered him a micro sized complete from Enjoi. It showed up yesterday. We spent a good few hours rolling around together up and down the street in front of our house. Most fun I've had in a while.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #167 on: July 09, 2021, 06:28:57 AM »
My skate session of today was jinxed. I am on holidays so I decided to skate the schoolyard I usually skate on weekends, on a week day. Bad idea.

I went to the spot and as soon as I was warmed up there was a single black cloud showing up raining just enough to soak the whole place. I patiently waited until the cloud was gone and the yard was dry but sure enough I had to warm up again.

Next there were three little girls riding around with some cycles asking if they were in the clip my wife was filming of me skating. I told them basically no but if they kept playing around where I skated I could not exclude they would be on the clip somewhere in the background. They were not pleased and called a teacher. The teacher was cool but I was distracted and could not get into my routine.

Finally the bell rang and the kids had to go into class, all kids except four pupils who had bicycle class with an old cop who showed them how to ride a bike. Right in front of the ledge I was trying to skate.  >:(

When they had finished I had a go at the ledge and sure enough took a good slam first try. Then I had enough and left, frustrated.  :'(

Thanks for reading.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2021, 07:25:20 AM »
Hit a fun park early in the morning, my second visit there. Realized both my axles were bent on my trucks but that didn’t stop me. Got a good hour+ in solo. Some weird guy walked up at the end who wasn’t skating asking to see my “best trick” and telling me the marks on my board look like I am a vert skater. He then went in to the fact that skating solo is not relaxing. I got zero vibes the dude even skated. I bounced.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #169 on: July 09, 2021, 07:39:47 AM »
Took a trip to santa fe. Found a hip high drop. Broke two boards trying to kickflip it. Set up my last deck and landed it. Was pretty stoked.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #170 on: July 09, 2021, 07:43:24 AM »
no sk9 today because i have a gnarly soon to be pimple and cant pop it yet. its not the heat alert but the fact that i know if i was sweating for hours the evils was gonna swell up in the worst noticeable/embarrassing way possible. it bummed me out tbh i wanted to go practice some shit but cant concentrate if im feeling a throbbing second cranium being born out the forehead. might force it out with an exorcism by tomorrow cuz i want to skate. k its raining now so wouldve had less than 2 hours but i still shouldve went no excuses
Use your spork to pop it like ninejah

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2021, 08:50:38 PM »
i made it way worse prob 10 minutes after posting that its almost healed now

ate too much chicken and grains and passed out half an hour before my usual departure time. woke up at 8 feeling motivated because noble truth life is suffering but joyful participation etc etc. maybe it was a dream too or something. i never miss front shuvems but yesterday was weird so did many of those for a bit. landed a bigspin front nose 1st try so im happy. they dont look great when i do them but whatever. shoes are pretty mangled already so some vheels for sure. havent done a switch front big since the winter but i wasnt true to myself when i forced myself to learn that one so idk. but it does suck to lose a trick so im kinda just throwing a few tries here and there whenever. not the most efficient way to land something so its an action speaking louder than words thing. working on cab flips ive only landed a few before and would like to do them better and consistently. broke a bearing too just fixed that. if the sesh was good im usually on autopilot for a bit after feeling motivated and getting other shit done like laundry tinkering around with the setup or sometimes cook a meal etc

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2021, 09:39:37 PM »
I’ve been feeling stressed out recently and haven’t skated much, but a friend of mine mentioned there was a session yesterday and I worked up the energy to go skate.

We met up and skated around and filmed 2/3 of a line I’ve been practicing for awhile (too long). Nothing wild but I’d be psyched to get it on film. I’d never done even 2/3 of it before so I was hyped.

He’s a saint, my buddy. Super positive and supportive. One of the tricks is a front nose fakie and I wanted to do it faster and pop out of it at a good sliding speed, but I couldn’t do it. He still egged me on. I get apologetic and self-conscious but a good friend alleviates those feelings.

He’s filming a vid with a lot of dudes who are really good and said I could be a part of it. I’m starting to feel old and weak and slow and just fucked overall but really want to get this line down solid for the vid. I might be plateauing in how I want to push myself, but I’ve still got some juice left.

Witcheshit

• Rep: 3
  • nosebeforehoes.blogspot.com
    • nose before hoes avatar image
« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2021, 10:02:12 PM »
Went to my old reliable spot two days in a row and got my runs in, had to avoid smacking into a UPS truck though. I've been stressed lately and feeling down, so I need these kind of pyrihic [sic] victories.

Roll Forever Tate, 360 Frip, Yappie Dappie, Rusty, T Mack, Pablo, Malcolm, Nosey, Abair

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2021, 11:44:13 PM »
Bombed a very, very mellow hill by my apartment. I'm still recovering from ankle surgery so this was only the second time I've stood on a board pretty much since last August and the adrenaline spike from the possibility of slamming was glorious. Then I did a tiny ollie over a manhole cover. I've missed skating so much.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #175 on: July 11, 2021, 01:42:01 AM »
I went to a skatepark with a few peeps. My homie forgot his water and dipped after 2 hours. I suck at transition that is above 2 feet, but I learned to fly out of quarters and got my first fs carve through two bowl corners, shit felt sick.

6 weeks since the ankle roll and I think it is at 60% now. Really takes longer to heal when you get older.
IG: @flowterspace

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2021, 07:18:08 AM »
got fakie hardflips back. 3 sloppy ones then my cleanest one since the winter or prob ever it felt good. no stevie nah

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1440
« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2021, 07:32:20 AM »
Set up this bad boy last night and hung ten

That Shawn Michaels board is killer.

Last session was on Sunday and we went to prince park in Oceanside. Scooped some little baby backside ollies on the jersey barrier that has nice smooth transition into it as well as some feeble grind to fakies

al_cvbrera

« Reply #178 on: July 16, 2021, 07:46:33 AM »
5-0's are getting more consistent. The fear is gone when I go for them now. Still need to work on not dragging my tail on them and popping out of them, but I'm pretty proud of myself. Once I get these fully locked into my repertoire, the doors are wide open for tricks like Smith's and whatnot. Pretty excited.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 280
« Reply #179 on: July 16, 2021, 07:59:10 AM »
Went to go back 50 a ledge, missed the back truck, and proceeded to do a long willy grind and shuv'd out. Immediately, yelled "that's not what I meant to do!!" An associate asked "You sure...that was pretty on point and purposeful..and you shuv'd out..." I spent the next few minutes explaining how my back 50s will lock like that sometime and denying said willy grind like I was being accused of some unspeakable crime.