Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 63846 times)

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2021, 10:27:46 AM »
I've figured that I skate better if I haven't eaten much yet for the day. Food keeps me slow ha ha ha but I was too sluggish last night so I stuck to new for me slappy slide variations. Back tail is pretty elusive, but rode out a couple nollie back boards, nollie tails are making more sense as well. Of course its all slappy but its fun and shouldn't be too hard to take to actual short ledges and rails soon. But ya, thc, water, coffee, no food= way more fun and flow
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Phillyflared

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2021, 06:17:42 PM »
Went back to my covid curb. Pretty low energy after cleaning up around the house this morning and some tiki drinks last night, pretty much forced myself to go. Glad i did, got some slappy noseslides, backside slappys and slowly working on old flatground tricks.
At some point my ollie will come around again. right??

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2021, 08:29:54 PM »
Went back to my covid curb.

Did the same thing yesterday after a month off the board.

Stuck between exhaustion and shitty weather.

Skated in circles for about 15 minutes, between frontside slappies and Ollies on a board that felt too stubby for me to hobble my way back into skateboarding.

Hopefully once the winter clears I’ll get my ass into gear and get some consistency

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2021, 06:37:09 AM »
My buddy got me an 8.75 popsicle with a 14.75 wheelbase that I was loving. He knew I would never willingly buy a popsicle so he got one for me as a gift, even got it from my old local from before I moved to Texas, Long Beach Skate. I was absolutely loving it. 10 minutes into warming up it snapped.

I set my darkroom darkroom back up. It was sogged out and on deaths door and I knew wouldn’t last. Got a solid 45 minutes out of it before that snapped too. Thankfully I still had my much older and sogged out Dane1. Which lasted about an hour before that snapped too. I understand I can be heavy footed and being 250 isn’t easy on boards, but snapping three decks in the same spot on different tricks and spending the majority of the session setting up boards was a massive bummer. Even if it was entirely my fault for sucking and landing heavy on the tail.

Tl/dr: I snapped three boards and spent the majority of it setting up boards I knew wouldn’t last. Went home bummed, but was stoked to skate with the whole crew.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 574
« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2021, 08:49:52 AM »
I caught a ride over to the park to skate before it got too hot. Nothing remarkable happened there, but on the way home I popped up a curb onto a recently “fixed” sidewalk and had just enough time to think “oh shit, did I miss that loose piece of concrete, or is it under my front truck?” before I was pitched off the sidewalk and back into the gutter. It didn’t hurt, but I imagine it looked pretty hilarious.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2021, 08:59:00 AM »
all sunburnt from yesterday probably just go for a walk or something later. you know when the board lands on the wrong side but you got 1 foot under it so its like stomping toes on a casper. i hate that shit

rockydennishead

• Rep: 3
« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2021, 09:18:55 AM »
Got snaked by this little kid when I was trying to drop in.  Told him to "watch out, I don't wanna flatten you".  Dad came to pick him up, was Tommy Sandoval's kid.  Felt like an asshole afterwards.  More for admonishing a little kid while he was having fun.  Didn't feel any way about who his dad was haha.

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2021, 09:25:16 AM »
Drove 30 minutes to a park to do the same shit I do at my local spot that's 5 minutes away.  Sessioning with other people was nice though.

kook1234

• Rep: 128
« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2021, 09:50:16 AM »
fucking sucked so bad. ate like shit and drank too much over the weekend. couldn't warm up, couldn't land anything. time to clean up my act lol

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2021, 10:31:30 AM »
Drove up to fort collins to get a bike that was out of stock everywhere else. Found a six stair and spent about a half hour trying to half cab it. Finally got it, but was left feeling empty because im sure it was abd so i dont even want to post the footage.

Does anyone else feel like theres no point in working hard for abds? I feel like i have to go to newly constructed areas an hour away to get something worthwhile even though a six stair is a six stair. And i am the only person who cares about my skating so why does it matter? But it does matter to me for some reason.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2021, 10:46:32 AM »
Drove up to fort collins to get a bike that was out of stock everywhere else. Found a six stair and spent about a half hour trying to half cab it. Finally got it, but was left feeling empty because im sure it was abd so i dont even want to post the footage.

Does anyone else feel like theres no point in working hard for abds? I feel like i have to go to newly constructed areas an hour away to get something worthwhile even though a six stair is a six stair. And i am the only person who cares about my skating so why does it matter? But it does matter to me for some reason.

Don't care about ABDs man. Except if you are a pro or working on a part. And even if you end up doing the same trick. I am sure, even the same trick can look different. Depends on the skater and his personal style ya know. And (bs?) half-cab a six stair is rad nonetheless. Or go back and do it in a line.
IG: @flowterspace

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2021, 02:47:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't care about ABDs man. Except if you are a pro or working on a part. And even if you end up doing the same trick. I am sure, even the same trick can look different. Depends on the skater and his personal style ya know. And (bs?) half-cab a six stair is rad nonetheless. Or go back and do it in a line.

If I could do anything down a six stair I wouldn‘t care if it had been done before. Post the footy bro!
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

cky enthusiast

« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2021, 05:11:53 PM »
what’s good with dudes who skate andy anderson’s board. i know y’all know what i mean.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #193 on: July 19, 2021, 07:50:03 PM »
late afternoon just as I was thinking about skating my friend hit me up, thinking the same. we met up at the regular spot in a parc downtown but escaped its vortex quickly. skated a tree stump and a ledge on the way down the busy city street, dropped in on a big ledge with a drop at the end and didn't eat it, got us a bit more hyped. Bombed a little hill that had been converted to pedestrian, doing some slides. lots of success on flips as we cruised along, stopped on a backstreet I knew with very smooth asphalt. This is where the main session happened, on a street with nothing but smoothness, cars not too often and they had to slow down for us but you could tell it semed right, like kids playing in a residential street. We decided to try tricks we don't have on lock over and over, he picked 3flip and I picked hardflip. I one point I stated without irony that it was "hard to flip". We both landed on a couple, his was better than mine,. Thene we cruised to chinatown and I got a toasted cocnut water. it was delicious. exploring around, found a low ledge and I filmed my friend do a line with a slappy crook. We went uptown and split up, I went by a little diy spot in a park and tried nollie flip nose mannies on a tiny manual pad for awhile, didn't get it but it's coming along. Bombed another little hil back to my place. The End.

Phillyflared

• SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2021, 08:38:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Went back to my covid curb.
[close]

Did the same thing yesterday after a month off the board.

Stuck between exhaustion and shitty weather.

Skated in circles for about 15 minutes, between frontside slappies and Ollies on a board that felt too stubby for me to hobble my way back into skateboarding.

Hopefully once the winter clears I’ll get my ass into gear and get some consistency

stoked you went tho!

newpcwhodis

• Rep: -1
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2021, 08:42:34 PM »
I did a half cab nose manual on a curb which I got psyched on because it's the first time I've done it since 2013 and in general I've been losing tricks as I got older so I was happy to relearn something

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #196 on: July 21, 2021, 05:32:15 PM »
finally got bigspin flips. 2 muddy ones then forced myself to do 1 decent one with proper full rotation without touch

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2021, 08:50:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

If I could do anything down a six stair I wouldn‘t care if it had been done before. Post the footy bro!

http://imgur.com/gallery/1ysfw5t

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2021, 09:24:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Dope!  8)
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2021, 10:56:27 AM »
Was skating home from liquor store/burrito spot, hands full. Hit pebble, tossed in the middle of traffic, ate it with whole body, overextended foot. 5 weeks and still out.

Extremely low bar set for next session.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 574
« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2021, 10:57:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2021, 11:13:05 AM »
I went to the skatepark last week for a news reporter to ask to use my skateboard on their live broadcast for a story about skateboarding, then when he took it and started riding it he pushed mongo so i kinda laughed and said "Yo push with your back foot". I kinda wish i let him push mongo though that would have been way funnier

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2021, 12:21:25 PM »
Trying to do the straight 8 right now but I’m inconsistent with some tricks. I’ll land a nollie flip or fakie heel (my most inconsistent flip tricks), then miss a fakie flip or nollie heel or something easy. Shits frustrating. Feel like I’m gonna get a heat stroke starting over and over and over again.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2021, 04:27:58 PM »
I just hung up so hard on a little 2 foot QP in my driveway with no shirt and tiny soccer shorts. Gave me more road rash then I’ve had in months lmao this suuucks I basically penguin slid with my arms trapped underneath my chest.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2021, 10:32:55 AM »
been wanting to get this line two trick line at my local plaza for a while, had only landed the second one a handful times on perfect ledges and this spot is farrrr from perfect. Tried it for about 50 minutes last week (not that crazy for a lot of people I guess, but to me it felt like an eternity as I'm usually filming my friends). Got it yesterday after about another 50 minutes. Keep looking at the small nuances about how it could have been done slightly better but fuckit, happy with it overall and can finally stop thinking about it.

Think its be my first real camera clip that I've struggled for in years. Feels very different to propping your phone against a water bottle.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2021, 10:43:14 AM »
been wanting to get this line two trick line at my local plaza for a while, had only landed the second one a handful times on perfect ledges and this spot is farrrr from perfect. Tried it for about 50 minutes last week (not that crazy for a lot of people I guess, but to me it felt like an eternity as I'm usually filming my friends). Got it yesterday after about another 50 minutes. Keep looking at the small nuances about how it could have been done slightly better but fuckit, happy with it overall and can finally stop thinking about it.

Think its be my first real camera clip that I've struggled for in years. Feels very different to propping your phone against a water bottle.

May I ask what the line was?
But nonetheless, I am stoked you went out and pushed yourself.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2021, 10:54:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thank you appreciate it! It was a fakie backside nosegrind, turn around a corner, then switch flip back tail.

Fakie ng was most tries, but the wooden bench for the sw flip tail was all soft n sticky so not immediately having my wheels jam on the side even when I did get in was a bit of a nightmare.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #207 on: July 23, 2021, 11:59:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thank you appreciate it! It was a fakie backside nosegrind, turn around a corner, then switch flip back tail.

Fakie ng was most tries, but the wooden bench for the sw flip tail was all soft n sticky so not immediately having my wheels jam on the side even when I did get in was a bit of a nightmare.

Damn. That's a sick line.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #208 on: July 23, 2021, 09:03:22 PM »
half the day at the spot with minimal water my feet are fkn aching. shelby came around

Uncle Jeffrey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2021, 04:01:28 PM »
Old guy who finally started skating last year, but petered out after getting comfortable cruising, and finally deciding to progress a month ago. Swapped out my 92a cruiser wheels for 83b hard as shit wheels and I just felt so sluggish and couldn't keep momentum.

Worked on some garage ollies in the am, getting more consistent. Still not consistent going faster than a crawl. Went to a really shitty suburban park with a 3ft metal quarter pipe, leading to a3ft metal "bank". Got comfortable backside turning a foot shy of coping. But the Pavement was awful and I left. Too scared to drop in lol.

Went to my favorite underpass park with giant mellow banks. Couldn't work up the courage to frontside turn without jumping off.

Went to the brewery down the street to get liquid courage. It was too tasty and I had one more beer than I intended, but that got me really loose and I started pushing really well on the hard wheels and keeping up speed better. Skated the banks again but kept it to backside turns and slightly faster ollies.

Went home but decided to stop at the nice, sloped, red curb that you can skate straight into a 5050 to get a feel for grinding, but I shot the board backwards straight into a crazy busy street and called it quits.