Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 64463 times)

eastcoastbarbarian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -22
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1860 on: March 11, 2024, 07:56:04 AM »
This reminds me of when berra cried over tony hawk for smoking weed

Get over it nerd

LeDave

• Rep: -17
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #1861 on: March 11, 2024, 11:09:46 AM »
Went down a big ramp today for first time, I was scared out of my mind, even with pads and a helmet.

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #1862 on: March 11, 2024, 04:38:06 PM »
Morning session at the local. Nobody I knew was there, but you had the cool older guys around my age and a younger ripper who was also cool. I skated like ass but still had a decent time. Skating once a week blows sweaty ass though. Adult life…whaaaa.

LeDave

• Rep: -17
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #1863 on: March 12, 2024, 10:48:16 AM »
Been practicing Ollies all morning. Hope I get it down before sunset.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1864 on: March 12, 2024, 12:25:48 PM »
Expand Quote
I feel like an idiot asking but I'm not the biggest waxer. Me caring about butter conditions is really gotta bean age thing.

I think I screwed up with this gulf wax.
https://i.ibb.co/QbzSsvD/IMG-20240309-211546-104.jpg[/img]

So I've used it on 3 curbs last few days. Even stopping to do so when skating wasn't possible because of weather.

Two curbs are going as normal but my current main favorite curb the newest one is sticking. I mean sticking. Like thrown like aluminum.

Two days ago it was going.

What's going on? Any ideas. I should scrape and start over?

That was my session. It nose slides still
[close]

Over 40 here, and I skate a lot of curbs and ledges. I use a ton of gulf wax.

I feel gulf wax is really good for curbs and stuff, but it doesn’t weather well at all.

Is that one curb more exposed to the elements than the others? Maybe it got skated more than the others, thus the wax rubbed off more noticeably?

For myself, especially after a lot of rain, I liberally apply gulf wax. I session about 15 mins, apply a pretty thin 2nd coat, then I’m usually good for the session (probably 2 hours of slappy crook variants — no wonder my leading-leg’s knee is fucked 😅).

I skate super early and am likely to be the first to skate the curb in a given day.

Boom yes. Weather and salt. I'm scraping it rn.

PALS! I relearned a secret about shuvs. Emphasis on nollie fakie.

So example.

I front shuv(nollie bs) with the heel of my foot completely lined up with the heel side rail of my bloard. Understand?
Like gives you total control of the trick as you will never lose contact with the bloard as it spins under foot.

Everyone should know that because I' tell every one this.
And a visual aid of this control method stance.

https://i.ibb.co/rmmqH6w/17102708916901399108702991075831.jpg[/img]

What I remembered is the more you hang your heel over the rail the higher it pops ... Soooo I can now nollie and fakie shuv into Manny's again.

I feel like structured again now I'm sure this is true

Emphasis on fakie nollie
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #1865 on: March 13, 2024, 12:26:44 AM »
had a fun session with a homie's eggzilla 2.
that thing's huge. played some games of skate with this beast, and i was able to land a hardflip on it
some regular sized-deck skating also happened. it was good.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #1866 on: March 13, 2024, 10:31:45 AM »
Went to Campus Pool indoor concrete park (Bristol, UK), i'm not usually big on indoor parks but i really enjoyed it...cheap too.

I need to take days off work midweek more to skate, was a really nice way to spend the afternoon.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1867 on: March 13, 2024, 11:20:15 AM »
Shit was loose as a moose. Feels good skating nice cupsoles. Hips and back and knees feel great after skating hard for 2 hr. Nothin special other than 60F and sunny. Fuckin hell
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1868 on: March 17, 2024, 04:42:14 PM »
Fell warming up on the Manny pad.
Kinda got it going but then fell on a fs disaster.
Wandered over to the parking block, got a couple boardslides but then fell backwards hard when I got pitched from a 50/50.
Tried to just skate flat but fell again.
Icing my back now. Fuck this day.

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1869 on: March 17, 2024, 04:44:20 PM »
Shit was loose as a moose. Feels good skating nice cupsoles. Hips and back and knees feel great after skating hard for 2 hr. Nothin special other than 60F and sunny. Fuckin hell

Dang that sounds nice

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1870 on: March 28, 2024, 09:45:26 AM »
threw a switch heel front nose, didnt come close

surprised my switch heels are still there

gonna try again since ive never flipped into anything in my life

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

CurbRaiders

• Rep: -30
« Reply #1871 on: March 28, 2024, 11:07:00 AM »
I work in the office three days a week, and remote the other two. On my in-office days i skate for an hour on my lunch to break the day up and get away from my desk. Usually hit up one of the local curb spots, but yesterday I hit up the paid/padded/members only skatepark in the area to switch it up and skate some transition. Was both kinda lame and super fun at the same time. Explaining to your coworkers why you have helmet hair after lunch is totally worth it.

lurkluke

• Rep: 175
« Reply #1872 on: March 29, 2024, 01:51:34 AM »
My girl got a surfskate so she was practising standing and rolling ( she's 43 and never skated).  She went from not being able to stand unassisted to pushing and rolling down some little banks. Then ate it... and is wondering why she's so sore now. But she loved it and is excited to skate more. There's a pump track across from her office which she wants to build up to.

I jarred my knee dicking round with fakie shuvs.

The sun was out and it was nice otherwise

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #1873 on: March 29, 2024, 05:11:14 AM »
Finally skating with a wrist guard and getting a few small ledge/flatground sessions in. Cold front came through and I was skating some lanes at the local bank. It was nice getting my pop back and a few shuv-its and flips. Hopefully I'll be able to go this afternoon after I'm done with the early shift.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1874 on: March 29, 2024, 08:32:34 AM »
Moved back to where i grew up and am skating in the same small neighborhood i was when i was learning to drop off sidewalks. Im out there in the middle of the street doing endless boardslides on the flat bar and a couple of separate old, old timers walked by and said something like “you’re still doing this after all these years, huh?” Kind of trip moving back to skate the same streets, in front of the same neighbors that i was like 27 years ago. Shit, the city has left the same cracks and gaps in the pavement that have always been there.

Anyways, was doing the boardslide routine, choppijg it up with the neighbors and hooked my dog up to the harness and ripped a mile on the cruiser thru the park a few houses down.

Its a real cool feeling to be content skating in front of the house some days. Feels like an old friend and new beginning

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1875 on: March 29, 2024, 04:30:06 PM »
Moved back to where i grew up and am skating in the same small neighborhood i was when i was learning to drop off sidewalks. Im out there in the middle of the street doing endless boardslides on the flat bar and a couple of separate old, old timers walked by and said something like “you’re still doing this after all these years, huh?” Kind of trip moving back to skate the same streets, in front of the same neighbors that i was like 27 years ago. Shit, the city has left the same cracks and gaps in the pavement that have always been there.

Anyways, was doing the boardslide routine, choppijg it up with the neighbors and hooked my dog up to the harness and ripped a mile on the cruiser thru the park a few houses down.

Its a real cool feeling to be content skating in front of the house some days. Feels like an old friend and new beginning

this is amazing

i felt that

cheers!!

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #1876 on: March 30, 2024, 01:38:40 AM »
I went to my bank spot but as it was Good Friday it was rife with kids playing. To be fair, it's a schoolyard/playground. Anyway, I got a few kickflips and a heelflip on the bank despite all the mayhem around me. Felt good as it had been a while since I got a bank sesh.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Fasttimes

• Rep: -32
« Reply #1877 on: March 30, 2024, 01:49:45 AM »
Been practicing Ollies all morning. Hope I get it down before sunset.

Awesome. Keep your eyes on front bolts until you can go fast and trust it. Stay on it. Best thing ever. Don't worry about madness or gear yet. Just skate. Ollie crack, then 2x4.

Fasttimes

« Reply #1878 on: March 30, 2024, 01:54:37 AM »
Skated 2 miles for exercise. Legs were old. The whole feeling invigorated me. I've done 20 miles on bike since then, I'm training my body to get back. Pittsburgh is harsh for everyday skating, but I don't want to give up. I landed my first 5-0 to fakie on transition, got 360 flips back, and jammed a three trick line full speed.

Fasttimes

« Reply #1879 on: March 30, 2024, 02:06:06 AM »
Skated 2 miles for exercise. Legs were old. The whole feeling invigorated me. I've done 20 miles on bike since then, I'm training my body to get back. Pittsburgh is harsh for everyday skating, but I don't want to give up. I landed my first 5-0 to fakie on transition, got 360 flips back, and jammed a three trick line full speed.

Felt full speed. Probably quarter speed.

Crust

• Rep: 42
« Reply #1880 on: March 31, 2024, 04:45:31 AM »
I learned to crosslock 5050s on a small round rail. Big milestone as someone who never grinded rails. Delighted, they feel great!

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1881 on: March 31, 2024, 08:45:30 AM »

I believe in you. I suck at switch heels. I'd kill for them unfortunately I'm a switch v heeler. Maybe a switch inward after a hundred tried. Definitely switch Lazer in under 20 tries.

I should try switch Lazer switch crooks. We could call it the crack.
(A)pl(E)

devils acrobat

• Rep: 139
« Reply #1882 on: March 31, 2024, 10:58:09 AM »
Havent skated flatground in a while and ended the session on first try switch flip and switch tre back to back which felt really good. Them legs getting ready for summer  :)

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
  • sup dog
« Reply #1883 on: March 31, 2024, 11:09:27 AM »
90% of session was just frontside 5050’s on a ledge. Just getting absolute fuck sure they’re solid before I try them on round bars again.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1884 on: March 31, 2024, 11:23:23 AM »
90% of session was just frontside 5050’s on a ledge. Just getting absolute fuck sure they’re solid before I try them on round bars again.

Yeah I don't like front 50s on rails. Two trucks on a rail is more dangerous than one for me.
(A)pl(E)

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1885 on: March 31, 2024, 01:25:31 PM »
Front 50s on rails are sketch for me

Back 50s all day - unless they aren't working then I ain't forcing it

-

Had a fun and fast park sesh with my cousins. Got some good airs, a heela monster, and a handplant or two on the good QP, and a front pivot on the peninsula hip in the bowl

Had bsng on ledges for a few days but now they're feeling weird again
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1886 on: March 31, 2024, 01:50:36 PM »
My curbs going again. Back 80 switch grinds of all kinds. So fun. Nollie v out of a back 50 is the only trick I'm thinking about rn
(A)pl(E)

Massivebellend

• Rep: -11
« Reply #1887 on: March 31, 2024, 03:15:34 PM »
Proper dogshit, feel like every session gets worse, although with kids, a job and no skateparks or even actual spots in local area it’s hard. But even banker tricks are failing, shit’s tough

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1888 on: March 31, 2024, 04:27:13 PM »
Rode my bike around for a few hours, got home, and skated to some fresh b ball courts to do manuals and hay makers

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1889 on: March 31, 2024, 05:28:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I believe in you. I suck at switch heels. I'd kill for them unfortunately I'm a switch v heeler. Maybe a switch inward after a hundred tried. Definitely switch Lazer in under 20 tries.

I should try switch Lazer switch crooks. We could call it the crack.

Thanks!!

But god damn, I think you're doing damn fine without the switch heel haha. Switch varial heels are so dope, but I'll be keeping an eye out for that last one

is that an nbd? and why do I think of Jordan Hoffart while trying to picture a switch lazer crook?