Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 63793 times)

Cliche10k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -32
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1890 on: April 01, 2024, 11:38:23 AM »
Not a "post your footage" thread, not a space to brag about what tricks you landed, but rather an opportunity to describe the "little things" of your latest session.

Who were you with? Where did you go? How was the vibe? Was it mellow, or did someone go off? Were you alone? Was it your first time skating in a while? Was it cathartic or frustrating? Was the best part the skating or something else entirely?

Share it here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=clCbxeE5mq0&pp=ygUNT2RlIHRvIGZyYW5reQ%3D%3D

@bolts_the_snowman on IG

• Rep: -131
« Reply #1891 on: April 01, 2024, 03:05:16 PM »
Skated with this guy Oliver from Newark at Tompkins and ended up skating the streets with his friends. Made a skate video out of it. Check it out.

https://youtu.be/RJrM7FHnLj4

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1892 on: April 01, 2024, 03:12:45 PM »
last one was amazing. Just flat and some trashcan stuff because it was raining. I landed 2 sw heel back, I am so hyped on that, I ve been working on them a bit. Good times

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #1893 on: April 01, 2024, 04:12:58 PM »
I had a lot to do this month for my sisters wedding (which was really fun) so with that work, family, my toddler, getting sick and other stuff so another month I have not been getting any sessions. Skated for the first time all month yesterday when my daughter was napping.

Being in my mid 30s itís definitely hard to go that long between sessions so it was sort of hard. I did all the shoves to warm up and that made things feel a little better. Did flip my board a bit. Some kickys and 360 flips. Honestly I did a flat ground air walk and that felt like a very good stretch might add that to the all the shoves warm up.

Iíve been still trying to keep up with my goal of doing one new trick a month despite only skating like 1-2 times a month since the start of 2024. Learned this trick (?) that I saw Brad Cromer do in his YouTube video thing he posted the other day at 3:27
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G9xs3zBys4s

No idea what this would be called but I used to do something like this when I was in highschool where I would do this pressure half flip thingy then Iíd spin it front shove style with my back foot so I just did the same thing but turned my body at the end. I landed my first two. Then started over thinking them and they got sketchier but I can do them.

after doing that I ended up skating some garbage from the house next to me from some construction they were doing. It was like some wood nailed to some other wood and I put it on its side and it was like a little steepish incline on the one side so I kept going from one side and ollieing into then turning around and walleing it. It was way more fun forcing myself to do tricks.

I need to skate more but damn is it fun. Looking forward to the next session and now that Iím done with all the wedding stuff and my kid is getting older and more independent Iíll start getting more sessions.

Cliche10k

• Rep: -32
« Reply #1894 on: April 02, 2024, 05:26:11 AM »
I had a lot to do this month for my sisters wedding (which was really fun) so with that work, family, my toddler, getting sick and other stuff so another month I have not been getting any sessions. Skated for the first time all month yesterday when my daughter was napping.

Being in my mid 30s itís definitely hard to go that long between sessions so it was sort of hard. I did all the shoves to warm up and that made things feel a little better. Did flip my board a bit. Some kickys and 360 flips. Honestly I did a flat ground air walk and that felt like a very good stretch might add that to the all the shoves warm up.

Iíve been still trying to keep up with my goal of doing one new trick a month despite only skating like 1-2 times a month since the start of 2024. Learned this trick (?) that I saw Brad Cromer do in his YouTube video thing he posted the other day at 3:27
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G9xs3zBys4s

No idea what this would be called but I used to do something like this when I was in highschool where I would do this pressure half flip thingy then Iíd spin it front shove style with my back foot so I just did the same thing but turned my body at the end. I landed my first two. Then started over thinking them and they got sketchier but I can do them.

after doing that I ended up skating some garbage from the house next to me from some construction they were doing. It was like some wood nailed to some other wood and I put it on its side and it was like a little steepish incline on the one side so I kept going from one side and ollieing into then turning around and walleing it. It was way more fun forcing myself to do tricks.

I need to skate more but damn is it fun. Looking forward to the next session and now that Iím done with all the wedding stuff and my kid is getting older and more independent Iíll start getting more sessions.
💯👊

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #1895 on: April 02, 2024, 07:46:40 AM »
Skated for the first time after taking 3 months off for knee injury rehab. Trying to take it slow and build my confidence up so I mostly just pumped around in the bowl, practiced my fav flip tricks (could only land a kf), practiced some ollies and wrapped it up.

Went for a run with my dogs after and felt a big pop in my knee like it shifted back into place so now its real tender and bruised up, was a big blow as I thought I was finally getting back to 100% since I've had this reoccurring injury since June last year and thought all that time off and strength training was working. Hoping it's just a small speed bump, but going to take more time off again since we're getting another snow storm this week here. Fingers crossed I can stay healthy and get back to my old skate form once it's finally real spring/summer weather  :-\

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1896 on: April 02, 2024, 06:43:23 PM »
Proper dogshit, feel like every session gets worse, although with kids, a job and no skateparks or even actual spots in local area itís hard. But even banker tricks are failing, shitís tough

When I feel like that I start skating for distance. Plan my route around hills. Put on my soft wheels maybe.

Just work on my switch stride. It's my center. Maybe do a bunch of foot on the ground tricks in-between cars at the red light. Find a hill work on holding your speed after a 360 slide in all stances in case you ever end up at that Halloween event that thrasher does.

I'm going to try and plan a tour around skate events behind my bands back. I gotta get us all passports  ::)

They don't believe me that we're going to fuckin Japan. I'll go rn.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

vktrvghn

• Rep: 26
« Reply #1897 on: April 03, 2024, 03:37:16 PM »
Coming back from a rolled ankle got a few tricks I was happy with, ollied and fs180 over the cones set up high and then  got a bolts kickflip over the cones lower, I've been working on getting them over stuff lately.

Heelflip Appreciator

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1898 on: April 03, 2024, 07:02:52 PM »
I went to my local in the middle of the day by myself, it was empty as usual. Iíve always been unhappy with my kickflips since theyíre significantly lower than my heelflips so I dedicated pretty much the whole session to unlearning my gross downward flicks and learning to flick out off the nose. By the end of the day I had landed 3 kickflips over a flat bar thatís just under knee height. Overall Iíd say it was a success.

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1899 on: April 03, 2024, 07:45:55 PM »
Went to the park today on my way home from some errands. Completely empty because it was early afternoon, cold, it rained a couple hours before, and it was 30mph winds. I did two laps to warm up the legs, a couple regular and switch 180s, got blown off a curb sized ledge doing a ride on grind and called it a day. Fuck all that wind Iíll just go tomorrow.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
« Reply #1900 on: April 05, 2024, 02:35:13 PM »
Skated for an hour and a half today trying the same trick over and over for an upcoming video. Self filming. My buddy was there doing his thing and I apologized to him for acting whiny and not being fun to skate with but he understood. Kept landing the trick but with toe drag. Finally got a make that was clean aside from a very slight shift of my right foot on the rollaway. Whatever. Now Iím very sore, plus Iím dealing with an irritated nerve in my left leg.

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #1901 on: April 07, 2024, 09:17:18 AM »
Park was kimd of packed for 8am but thatís a weekend for ya. Everyone was cool, I didnít fall too hard, and I slid a few things I couldnít slide last time. Yew.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #1902 on: April 07, 2024, 10:00:10 AM »
Shitty.  Iíve been having this recurring pain in my inner hip/plexus area and itís been making it impossible to skate.  Had a pretty good day about a month ago, and maybe I over did it, because itís been killing me every time ive tried to skate since.  This has been bothering me off and on for the past 4 years or so and I wish I could find a lasting solution   
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1903 on: April 07, 2024, 03:05:36 PM »
Shitty.  Iíve been having this recurring pain in my inner hip/plexus area and itís been making it impossible to skate.  Had a pretty good day about a month ago, and maybe I over did it, because itís been killing me every time ive tried to skate since.  This has been bothering me off and on for the past 4 years or so and I wish I could find a lasting solution

I'm not totally sure if I understand the spot where your pain is coming from. I have it on the front of my inner hip near the groin. Been doing yoga and stretches and it feels way better now. Yoga poses that helped a lot for me: Frog, Cobra and Pigeon stretch. Maybe I am totally off here but if anything on my body hurts I go to Youtube and search specific stretching or other exercises to get rid of the pain. A physiotherapist told me to hold a stretch for at least 90 seconds so that your muscles get used to that new movement, which made sense to me. Just my experience, but you got this mate.

First real session in the warm sun (24įC / 75įF ) today. I filmed a little line and my homie also got a cool line and another clip which I am hyped on. I got a new handle for my cheap camcorder and the clips are getting better since I picked up filming. The sun was brutal and I am not used to the warmer temperatures yet. I am hella toasted now. 
IG: @flowterspace

Doodily

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1904 on: April 07, 2024, 03:42:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm not totally sure if I understand the spot where your pain is coming from. I have it on the front of my inner hip near the groin. Been doing yoga and stretches and it feels way better now. Yoga poses that helped a lot for me: Frog, Cobra and Pigeon stretch. Maybe I am totally off here but if anything on my body hurts I go to Youtube and search specific stretching or other exercises to get rid of the pain. A physiotherapist told me to hold a stretch for at least 90 seconds so that your muscles get used to that new movement, which made sense to me. Just my experience, but you got this mate.

First real session in the warm sun (24įC / 75įF ) today. I filmed a little line and my homie also got a cool line and another clip which I am hyped on. I got a new handle for my cheap camcorder and the clips are getting better since I picked up filming. The sun was brutal and I am not used to the warmer temperatures yet. I am hella toasted now.

Yoga is key! As the years move on, yoga and stretching before / after a sesh are the only way I can continue to skate multiple days in a row.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1905 on: April 07, 2024, 04:00:05 PM »
Skated outta the driveway and into the street. FS 180 and rode switch down the small hill til i got to the entrance of the paved path. Too filled w debris to skate switch so just pushed thru the crust, sliding across some sand piles til it cleared up and fs 180d to switch again and pushed. Did the whole 180 back and forth to reg/switch the rest of the path.

Got to a parking lot and hit a quick slappy on a crumbling parking block and skated down by the river til i got to the granite blocks where i stuck to bs noseslides. Probably did 25 of em and it felt good to know my limit on a tall ass block.

Some weird looking people came out of a restaurant nearby. Dude was roided out and artificially tanned so much i thought he was a black dude in leather pants. The lady also had leather pants. Their perfume/cologne poisoned my olfactory senses from 30 feet away.  Really, really strange to see these throwbacks from another time and place. The lady got into an older honda suv and dude got into a Maserati that seemed to have a missing catalytic converter.

Moved on from the granite blocks to scope some potential spots where there was once a full pipe, but that was gone so i made my way to a small elementary school and skated a narrow handicap ramp that right angled into a 2 stair for a bit. There was also a fun wall, just higher than knee, maybe 20 inches with a fence on the other side and a dumpster in front of it. I was popping onto the top of wall riding between dumpster and fence and popping off after dumpster.

Skated up the road toward a church, cruised back and forth over 30 feet of brick a few times and bombed a small but freshly paved road switch.

Walked back to the parking lot that had the crumbling block, jammed by some barefoot lady and went at the block, slid out on an oil spill and the lady freaked out when i hit the slappy.

Pushed thru the paved trail, doing small ollies every couple feet across the half mile length.

Fucking love skating street
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #1906 on: April 08, 2024, 06:26:49 AM »
Skated the local saturday morning

Had a blast doing ride-on bs 5050's on the curb

Tuned a few 180's

Had fun

Still sore

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #1907 on: April 08, 2024, 07:36:44 AM »
First time skating the sk8mafia micro board. Way more difficult than I figured it would be but it was pretty fun. Did all the shoves and flipped it a few times. I was able to get some good kick flips but it was really weird to get used to flicking it at first since it so small and I'm sort of a bigger guy these days.

After skating the micro board it made everything done in micro dos even more wild.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 07:51:54 AM by Bristol_Palin »

GaryDahLegend

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1908 on: April 09, 2024, 03:41:21 AM »
I walked to the top of a hill with the missus to watch the eclipse. Once it was at ahundo, I did an impossible to hillbomb.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1909 on: April 10, 2024, 02:09:49 AM »
Is been little more than 1 month since I fucked my ankle and last Sunday I went out for some pushes. Switch pushes feel weird. Still can't flick so a sw fs and a nollie bs 180 mad eme quite happy.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #1910 on: April 10, 2024, 03:21:51 AM »
Not a session but yesterday me and the family walked to BK to get dinner so I grabbed my board and pushed through some streets felt great

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1911 on: April 10, 2024, 09:08:34 AM »
Was feeling kinda off, but I kept trying to force it. Wheels felt small and slow, been breaking in new trucks, my pants were fitting weird...

Ended up slipping out on an FS ollie to fakie over a hip and shot my big toe straight into the wall, luckily didn't break the fucker... Took a primo before that.... now my feet are killing me today
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 48
« Reply #1912 on: April 10, 2024, 09:32:40 AM »
Was feeling kinda off, but I kept trying to force it. Wheels felt small and slow, been breaking in new trucks, my pants were fitting weird...

Ended up slipping out on an FS ollie to fakie over a hip and shot my big toe straight into the wall, luckily didn't break the fucker... Took a primo before that.... now my feet are killing me today

BUSH

kook1234

• Rep: 128
« Reply #1913 on: April 10, 2024, 12:26:41 PM »
counted 5 different people walk by the spot at different times all wearing panda dunks

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 213
  • sup dog
« Reply #1914 on: April 11, 2024, 06:36:56 PM »
counted 5 different people walk by the spot at different times all wearing panda dunks
Went to six flagsÖ Pandas were taking over.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #1915 on: April 12, 2024, 03:05:52 AM »
After learning to kickflip during lockdown, finally learnt how to kickflip and BS 180 up a small ledge yesterday.

I've been able to heelflip up stuff for a while but always had a mental block with kickflipping up things...now i've landed a few it's almost easier than heels.

Small victory and long overdue, but pleased with myself.

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #1916 on: April 13, 2024, 03:33:26 PM »
Hit the curbs for a quick 20 min. Got slappys and slap krookeds, just kept doing those two tricks. Felt so good, I didnt want to leave. I also realized Im ready to learn a few more tricks since thats all I can do.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #1917 on: April 13, 2024, 04:20:54 PM »
My older friend who is a pillar in our scene completely broke his ankle. It was the gnarliest injury I've ever seen in person. Super bummed.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Never Bored

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1918 on: April 13, 2024, 04:43:03 PM »
My older friend who is a pillar in our scene completely broke his ankle. It was the gnarliest injury I've ever seen in person. Super bummed.

Tragic, man. Heal well, homie.

Fuckiní skateboarding. Itís so cruel to us but we love it so. Iím mid-30s and have broken the same ankle three times. Iím about 2.5 years removed from the last one (luckily it was clean, no surgery needed). Feeling pretty solid these days - always wear a brace and will for the rest of my skate days. You never know when itís going to go again though - always a concern

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1919 on: April 13, 2024, 04:44:45 PM »
Skated something ledge height for then first time in years.

A DIY bank to ledge to bank, took a bit of time to figure out the approach but I managed frontside and backside 50s.

Hoping to pivot into tail slide (stall, Iím realistic) soon