Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 64731 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1920 on: April 13, 2024, 05:52:59 PM »
I just cab 540 in the pit front of like 400 people. I don't think they've seen someone rip before because people kinda went bananas.
I saw no one was dancing so I said fuckin fuck it. We gotta get people hopping. So I did a few pressure flips. Then I did nollie bigs fakie bigs and a couple Bertelmans.

Then I waited for my moment threw down switch and blauw!!!! Fakie 540 with only a 90⁰ lil perfect twist at the end.

Not to mention my band played the best set of our lives to day. Nothing but love too. What a fuckin day.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Gland Dongzig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #1921 on: April 13, 2024, 06:07:54 PM »
Bro Bowl on 2 hours of sleep..wasn’t working went to Res and forgot about sucking at skateboarding with some PBR’s.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 784
« Reply #1922 on: April 13, 2024, 06:11:23 PM »
Landed a decent (for me) 360 flip second try.  Pretty happy about that. Hit some curbs a little faster than usual. Def wore down my trucks down a little. Sweated and didn't hurt myself. Good little sesh with some good people.

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 90
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #1923 on: April 14, 2024, 04:35:02 AM »
I'm bummed that my only curb/ledge spot that's any good for doing noseslides on is a bust. The council have approved planning permission to put some shipping container food & drink market there, so it's all cordoned off. Need to start looking around for somewhere new now.

I haven't skated in over a week and I was rusty as fuck, almost as if I hadn't skated in a month. I was struggling to do basic shit that I could do easily last week. Decided to take the pressure off and just accept that it was gonna be one of those days and I ended up redeeming myself a little bit in the end. I need to accept that I need to skate way more often if I want to be consistent. Working full time and living somewhere where it rains 75% of the time fucks with that though.

LeDave

• Rep: -14
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #1924 on: April 14, 2024, 09:50:48 AM »
I hopped on my new board today with a whole new set-up that I spent a lot of money into. It was weird to get used to because my old board was so rickity and rackity when I ride it. With the new one, everything feels so smooth and the turns are so responsive. I was scared at first, but am getting the hang of it. Not used to the smoothness, was so used to the jankity rankitiness of the old one.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1925 on: April 14, 2024, 11:30:48 AM »
I'm bummed that my only curb/ledge spot that's any good for doing noseslides on is a bust. The council have approved planning permission to put some shipping container food & drink market there, so it's all cordoned off. Need to start looking around for somewhere new now.

I haven't skated in over a week and I was rusty as fuck, almost as if I hadn't skated in a month. I was struggling to do basic shit that I could do easily last week. Decided to take the pressure off and just accept that it was gonna be one of those days and I ended up redeeming myself a little bit in the end. I need to accept that I need to skate way more often if I want to be consistent. Working full time and living somewhere where it rains 75% of the time fucks with that though.

I use Google maps sometimes to scout for the cutty spots. I found a ledge/ insanipad in a freight yard in Lawrence. Need abed rail to be popping but it's probably the best altered ledge to film at in Massachusetts on account of all the trains in the background

Sorry about your main spot g
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
« Reply #1926 on: April 14, 2024, 11:38:07 AM »
Felt like dog shit. I don’t get to skate enough at all so I try to get any session in I can and I never been closer to focusing a board then when I couldn’t nollie flip. Felt like a complete baby. Didn’t focus it. Did a 2nd try kicky and 360 flip, but it all felt like dog shit.

Did all the shoves. Fakie frontside shove was the best feeling thing I did all day.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #1927 on: April 15, 2024, 11:25:05 AM »
Some friends wanted to meet by a lake nearby to hang out after work, and it was the nicest Spring day we’ve had - straight sunny, no wind, no chance of rain - so I brought my board.

I pushed around in the bike lane on my way and popped some manuals and ollies occasionally. Nothing too special, it felt good to just cruise.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #1928 on: April 15, 2024, 12:57:19 PM »
Finally got a clip for the new fancy lad video

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1929 on: April 15, 2024, 01:07:19 PM »
 Had a bit of a skate-date with the GF, just cruising the park path next to the river, though a few city blocks.

She hasn't skated after eating mad shit while skating with the dog a number of years ago, but she was looking pretty comfy for the most part. She even "bombed" a couple hills, nothing crazy but definitely fast enough to be on the scary side.

i was skating pretty good, doing my own thing along side her. Skating fakie has been really fun lately, and my switch stance and pushes are coming along (5-7 years late). looking less like the funky chicken
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

vktrvghn

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1930 on: April 19, 2024, 03:34:22 PM »
Took a beating today but had a lot of fun on the session. Was on the way home bombing a hill and took a tasty slam, popped one of my tinnies open on the fall now my hoodie is soaked in beer. Good times.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1931 on: April 19, 2024, 09:39:24 PM »
Just skating around town, hitting whatever popped up. Tryna go hard with the fs 360 in the street. Its ugly but feels good

Met an all black german shepherd pup

Saw this family stop to pick up some litter and the little girl said “you are really good at skateboarding, mister!”
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #1932 on: April 20, 2024, 07:50:25 AM »
Met up with the homie at the local for a Friday morning session. Got a few short ride-on tail slides on an icy corner, never had the balls to try them before. Board slides to smiths and started bringing them around to hurricanes (I dont have rails and was surprised to get into them) on the double sider were new for me. Then I worked on front crooks, they are coming soon. Great time. The homie ripped, as usual. Cool to watch a younger techy guy learning curb tricks and having a blast doing so.

Pbn_jake

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1933 on: April 20, 2024, 08:34:14 AM »
New board, trucks and shoes at a skate park in Seoul. Hadn’t really skated in about 2ish months, so I skated for about 5-6 hours. Rusty doesn’t begin to explain it but I learned how to wallie, had always bunted them and told myself “yeah yeah one day”, that day was the day I suppose. That was about 2 weeks ago, have since then been doing 3 kickflips a day in my hotel room, mega swamped with work and life.

The Tom Knox shoe flicks very nicely.

wilog

• Rep: -23
« Reply #1934 on: April 20, 2024, 09:02:30 AM »
I was waiting for my friend to get off his greyhound and went to skate berri square in Montreal, did switch front 5050s for an hour and got hassled by 3 homeless people pretty fun happy im getting more consistent with the trick good 8am sesh

vinithebr

• Rep: -20
« Reply #1935 on: April 20, 2024, 09:07:43 AM »
can't trust a rail after I broke my hand this fucking sucks
but I first tried a sexy cab heel

New board, trucks and shoes at a skate park in Seoul. Hadn’t really skated in about 2ish months, so I skated for about 5-6 hours. Rusty doesn’t begin to explain it but I learned how to wallie, had always bunted them and told myself “yeah yeah one day”, that day was the day I suppose. That was about 2 weeks ago, have since then been doing 3 kickflips a day in my hotel room, mega swamped with work and life.

good shit
wallies make no sense to me

Pbn_jake

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1936 on: April 20, 2024, 09:50:03 AM »
can't trust a rail after I broke my hand this fucking sucks
but I first tried a sexy cab heel

Expand Quote

[close]

good shit
wallies make no sense to me

Granted it was one of those ledges that has a little slant at the end so it sort of forces you to do it, but it felt cool because I was sailing them decently, should’ve done a 180

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #1937 on: April 20, 2024, 09:54:28 AM »

Sounds like you live in the UK?

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #1938 on: April 20, 2024, 09:58:28 AM »
Skated an indoor park 40min away from me that's pretty slippery. Manage to land 360 flips and not hurt myself. That's my goal for the summer.  Last resort are good shoes but I worry about getting a heel bruise with them.

Weather is still crap generally, either cold, wet or both.

Mywm

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1939 on: April 20, 2024, 11:07:16 AM »
Went to a park I have never been in before, since it is basically a gigantic weird bowl. Just now I'm trying to develop my bowl skills. The park is shaped like a foot. The big toe is a proper bowl with coping, the other toes form kind of a pump track. The heel is another bowl and the rest of the feet is like a ditch wall. Don't know why I never got myself there before, but it is a sick park, there are so many lines you can take. But it is a lot bigger than it looks on photos and the ground is crusty as fuck, pretty scary for me.
Today I just did some carving around, still need some work on that, very often I do ugly kickturns where they are not really needed. I will go easy until I get confortable to try to hit the coping.
It is pretty far away from where I live, but next time I want to cruise there early in the morning, since it fills up with bicycle dudes in the afternoon. Between there and my place there's a mexican place, getting up early, hitting this park and coming back home midday getting some nachos on the way home sounds like a good routine to get into.

Eh

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1940 on: April 20, 2024, 09:37:50 PM »
I don’t think that park would’ve been designed if there weren’t drones.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1941 on: April 21, 2024, 08:35:00 AM »
Still having these recovery scared af sessions where everything feels terrible. Still happy that I had it.
Could do a really shitty nollie bs 180 on a bank which was my goal of the day.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1942 on: April 21, 2024, 09:53:49 AM »
Skated at the skate park for the first time in several months. Crazy how much better the ground is than everything I normally skate. Had a good session and it was really fun.  Pieced together a couple lines. Did a first try wall ride and then pretty much landed everyone I tried - same with one footed frontside rock and rolls. Did my normal stuff but it felt fun. Wallie/pole jammed the back of the flat bar. Kickflip fakie on the bank mid line. A couple good feeling 360 flips and nollie flips in between skating the obstacles. There’s this little curb sized ledge and I did a couple nollie back smiths where I just did a tiny pop and they were a bit squirrelly but I rolled away. Did a bunch of backside noseslides.

Since they opened this huge new park a few towns over I guess no one goes to the park I frequent most and they just built a new bowl in the past few years and I skated that for a while before I left. Haven’t skated much transition lately so it was really really fun.

ralf_

• Rep: -36
  • yo
« Reply #1943 on: April 21, 2024, 02:17:53 PM »
built a quarterpipe yesterday (rainy day activity), had a quick session today when it was dry for a few minutes. was fun looking forward for more, also building a slappy next!
is there a thread for DIY building? couldnt findone on quick glance
fun fun fun

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #1944 on: April 21, 2024, 03:45:43 PM »
New authentics and wallies = bloody heel. Got some ugly ones at least.
Some durp decided to park in front of the curb I just prepped and started breaking in. Whole parking lot empty, but they decided to park in front of a yellow instead of a parking space. Gotta love idiots.

Mywm

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1945 on: April 22, 2024, 05:57:24 PM »
Getting better at bowls. I'm now managing to maintain speed with frontside carves. I thought I would struggle a lot with it, but I'm making progress pretty fast. Don't know why I have been scared of this for so long.
Also, I got too confident and decided to bomb a hill on loose Ace trucks on my way home. Took a slam but it was graceful, textbook Aikido breakfall shit. Only bruised my knee a bit, didn't even rip my pants. I have never been this proud of a slam before.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1946 on: April 28, 2024, 08:44:21 AM »
Sort of below average session. Did all the shoves a handful of kickflips, 360 flips and nollie flips. Happy I still have wallrides. Skated some transition and it still felt easy. I feel like since getting older it gets harder to feel out tricks if that makes any sense. Like when I was younger I used to be able to just try to feel things out without committing and get close then commit. Now I just have to commit or not try at all.

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1947 on: April 28, 2024, 09:43:21 AM »
Getting better at bowls. I'm now managing to maintain speed with frontside carves. I thought I would struggle a lot with it, but I'm making progress pretty fast. Don't know why I have been scared of this for so long.
Also, I got too confident and decided to bomb a hill on loose Ace trucks on my way home. Took a slam but it was graceful, textbook Aikido breakfall shit. Only bruised my knee a bit, didn't even rip my pants. I have never been this proud of a slam before.

Sick! Bowls are so good and fun. I don't even have to do a trick to have a good time skating a bowl.
I'm jealous of your graceful bails too. Trying to figure that out. If I'm rolling fakie I'm decent at getting into a backward roll, but going forward (especially frontside tricks on a quarter) my momentum often makes me land on my leading knee, which sucks.
First time back on the board yesterday after three weeks of lower back shit. Just carving around, plus a couple of shoves. I felt ok this morning! Not too stiff. So that's a positive, I guess. But back in Feb/March I felt like I was really progressing, and now it feels like starting over with the stuff I had begun to learn.

stupidfuckface

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1948 on: Today at 06:24:54 AM »
I’m trying to collect all the slappies, I added a few new ones to the collection this weekend. Slappy nose to fakie nosegrind back to regular was the one I was most happy with.  Been working on the slap front nose to fakie nosegrind, got those pretty regularly, trying to bring that one back to regs, it is a bit of a muthafucka.  Swing ya shoulders., then swing em back, smh...