Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 63817 times)

switchfakie

Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #720 on: May 18, 2022, 06:06:30 PM »
skated cecil in philly today for the first time

i don't know why people even bother to go there anymore, the flatground isnt good anymore bc there are 0.5-1 inch wide cracks between the marble tiles everywhere. old videos make it look like a big plaza but its really small. if you push three times you'd immediately get to the other side

i think its historical significance is the only reason people chill there. if we took that away, it would just be another shitty flatground spot

I take this back completely. I’ve been skating there everyday since this post and I think it’s made me a better skater, learning to just deal with feeling uncomfortable all the time with fat ass cracks and shit all over the ground

Also because my ankles got used to it, it feels a lot better. I have most of my tricks back so I’m pretty stoked with the lessons learned from exclusively skating shitty flat

somefucker

« Reply #721 on: May 20, 2022, 07:28:38 AM »
cecil is a good meet up spot

obstacles come and go, its fun when they had the lil newspaper box you could grind/do tricks over

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #722 on: May 20, 2022, 07:37:15 AM »
I miss the days of skating Cecil after work before dinner and Love Park after 10:30 every weeknight.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #723 on: May 20, 2022, 02:20:18 PM »
Broke my hanger on a pop shuv after a few slappies.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #724 on: May 20, 2022, 02:35:02 PM »
Hail Satan

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #725 on: May 20, 2022, 03:35:39 PM »
Windy, overcast and a bit chilly.  Skatepark was empty except all the dirt that was blown into the bowl.  Didn't feel super pumped, but figured it was better than not skating so I swept one section.  Using Ace instead of my usual Indy, turned a bit quicker and I missed the coping on a backside grind.  I put my ass onto the coping harder than I ever have, causing a sharp pain any time that part of my ass touches anything.

I sat down for a few minutes and figured I'd just go super mellow.  Hit a rock in the pool and flatted one of my wheels.

15 minutes after I arrived, I left.

My ass crack is now so purple it is almost black. 

MC3

• Rep: 127
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #726 on: May 31, 2022, 03:45:02 PM »
Trying to learn back blunts on curbs. Did a few very sloppy ones, then tried some front lips and snapped my board.

Oh well
(Cool Trick GIF)

ShitLuckSB

• Rep: 2
« Reply #727 on: June 09, 2022, 09:23:12 PM »
Overall good but short. Wasn't going to skate cause the wife was taking a walk and then waiting in the car. So I warmed up and a buddy stopped by and threw out our customary tre first try. So I land it first try nice and tight. Just enough of a challenge to push me to start pulling some shit. Landed a b/s 5-0 off the ramp to ledge. Felt good. Landed a few other things of the ramp to ledge like a nice nose slide, f/s 50-50 and 180 50-50 fake 180 out, and a knee-high varial. Just overall a good session. Really stoked just wish I could have stayed later..

IpathCats

« Reply #728 on: June 10, 2022, 06:18:19 AM »
landed my first kf front board. kinda moved around a bit on the rail, but the landing was decent. not great, but im stoked i got one.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #729 on: June 10, 2022, 10:09:05 AM »
Surprised myself by doing a trick that I didn't think I would be able to do at a park I hadn't skated in three years and car crash rollover fall three tries later scraping up my shoulders and tumbling on my head slightly trying to do it better.

Win some lose some is the game.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 489
« Reply #730 on: June 30, 2022, 12:50:17 AM »
after nearly ten years of not being able to do them anymore, i finally managed to relearn all four hardflips on my last session and was able to set all of them (some first try) in a game of skate. pretty stoked.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #731 on: June 30, 2022, 04:39:31 AM »
Landed primo on a fakie varial flip and got shot backwards, grazed my elbows and lower back falling backward and bouncing off the floor.

Then I got right back up and landed a buttery smooth one... fuck you primo.

Other than that it's not been a bad couple of sessions rehabbing my rolled ankle...got a few flip tricks back but most nollie stuff is still off the table.

IDK why but primo on varial flips always seem way worse.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #732 on: July 01, 2022, 12:58:48 PM »
Yesterday, I skated Manana with my son. I had a pretty bad night’s sleep so my expectations were somewhat low.

There was a little ripping grom that got my stoke levels up that I cheered on and after he busted out a leveled out double flip, I backed him up with an impossible fly out off a ramp. I made sure to thank little man because I had been trying to get it for the last three sessions and kept coming close.

My son got a nice ollie finally, dropped in on a bigger section and he skated pretty hard for the two hours we were there.

Afterwards, we got slush floats.

Oh yeah, I yelled out my truck window as I was driving off at two mormon missionaries to leave a woman alone that looked exasperated but was trying to be polite about them harassing her.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #733 on: July 07, 2022, 06:20:16 PM »
Bizarre one today. I went to a skatepark I sometimes sneak out to for lunch. Its usually dead during the week but I forgot school is out for summer. Rolled up on crew of pre-pubescent scooters. I tried to play nice. Then I pulled everyone aside and explained how it was going to work. If you see me in the deepend don't roll into the shallow end as me and 200lb middle age body will be heading that way in seconds. Then the mothers jump in and thank for me explaining the deal. All good until one scoot kid rolled in on a little dude who smacked his helmet less head on the concrete flat bottom. Told you guys to look out for each other...

Anyway the mothers basically stopped the scoot kids when they saw I was about to go, which was nice but then I had all these eyes on me. Stupid pressure. I just wanted some lunch time grinds but I suddenly felt like I had to put on a demo each run to justify stopping their fun.

Strangely, I couldn't fuck up. I landed all my shit. Even some shit I haven't done properly in a long time. And strung together some satisfying lines. I kind of got bored of landing everything so easily hahah and so I bailed... I guess its breakfast sessions at this park for the rest of summer break.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #734 on: July 08, 2022, 12:26:21 AM »
Bizarre one today. I went to a skatepark I sometimes sneak out to for lunch. Its usually dead during the week but I forgot school is out for summer. Rolled up on crew of pre-pubescent scooters. I tried to play nice. Then I pulled everyone aside and explained how it was going to work. If you see me in the deepend don't roll into the shallow end as me and 200lb middle age body will be heading that way in seconds. Then the mothers jump in and thank for me explaining the deal. All good until one scoot kid rolled in on a little dude who smacked his helmet less head on the concrete flat bottom. Told you guys to look out for each other...

Anyway the mothers basically stopped the scoot kids when they saw I was about to go, which was nice but then I had all these eyes on me. Stupid pressure. I just wanted some lunch time grinds but I suddenly felt like I had to put on a demo each run to justify stopping their fun.

Strangely, I couldn't fuck up. I landed all my shit. Even some shit I haven't done properly in a long time. And strung together some satisfying lines. I kind of got bored of landing everything so easily hahah and so I bailed... I guess its breakfast sessions at this park for the rest of summer break.

Great story. I bet these kids and their mums will be talking about the mysterious gallant bowl ripper for years to come. These are the small rewards we get for our hard work from time to time, enjoy the moment. The next time you might be eating shit on a death pebble in front of a soccer team of teenage girls.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #735 on: July 08, 2022, 04:47:48 AM »
This is kind of embarrassing but the last time I actually skated and tried tricks at a spot was in November of 2016, right before I got sober. Since then I’ve briefly stepped on a friend’s board every now and then (like 3-4 times tops in the past 6-7 years) and maybe tried or did one or two flatland tricks and handed back their board to them. I haven’t owned a skateboard since 2016. I know that sounds terrible, but I had a full time crappy job and other distractions keeping me busy and I just had no motivation to skate, I got pretty fucking overweight too, I was up to 215lbs for awhile. That’s sort of what got me to start lurking on slap, I’ve started to lose weight, got my weight down to 189lbs so far and I’ve been really missing skateboarding lately, I just need to lose a little more weight and buy a complete board set up and go skateboarding again. For the longest time when I first got sober I didn’t miss skateboarding at all but now it’s coming back. I just want to be at a healthy weight to be able to enjoy skateboarding I won’t ever be able to skate anywhere near like I use to but I can live that as long as I can atleast cruise around a little and Ollie up curb I’ll be happy!
//////////

Barmoboo

• Rep: -3
« Reply #736 on: July 08, 2022, 08:49:14 AM »
Went to a random park in Austin,Tx. Saw one other dude in the parking lot with his dog. Thought he looked like figgy (shitty haircut) and entered the park. About 15 minutes into my sesh the dude takes his shirt off and I realize it’s figgy! Proceeded to eat shit on the next three tricks and went home. 10/10 would skate with figgy again

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #737 on: July 08, 2022, 08:58:51 AM »
My kickflips have been disgusting for the past few months. Mobbed, rocket, ghost pop, every issue. Garbage.
I just neglected them for a while.
Last sesh I decided it was time to re-refine my kickflips, went out and did nothing but kickflips for 2 hours.
Happy to say by the end of the sesh I was finally getting nice pop, height, and catch again.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #738 on: July 08, 2022, 11:15:42 AM »
On vacation with my girlfriend surrounded by farmland and there isn’t a skatepark anywhere close, but there is a paved trail. Thankfully gravel isn’t an issue.

She bought a pair of rollerblades (hasn’t skated for a decade), so we rolled four miles on the trail to get her comfortable. I’ve not just pushed and rolled that much in a long time. Felt my push getting stronger which was nice. Popped some mannies, some ollies. But mostly just went for speed and support.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #739 on: July 08, 2022, 11:26:18 AM »
My kickflips have been disgusting for the past few months. Mobbed, rocket, ghost pop, every issue. Garbage.
I just neglected them for a while.
Last sesh I decided it was time to re-refine my kickflips, went out and did nothing but kickflips for 2 hours.
Happy to say by the end of the sesh I was finally getting nice pop, height, and catch again.

this is gonna be my next session for sure. watching that horrible jeffwonsong kickflip in his thread got me motivated.

last skate i did a smith on a box and some ollies and then went home.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 43
« Reply #740 on: July 13, 2022, 04:55:02 PM »
Yesterday, I skated Manana with my son. I had a pretty bad night’s sleep so my expectations were somewhat low.

There was a little ripping grom that got my stoke levels up that I cheered on and after he busted out a leveled out double flip, I backed him up with an impossible fly out off a ramp. I made sure to thank little man because I had been trying to get it for the last three sessions and kept coming close.

My son got a nice ollie finally, dropped in on a bigger section and he skated pretty hard for the two hours we were there.

Afterwards, we got slush floats.

Oh yeah, I yelled out my truck window as I was driving off at two mormon missionaries to leave a woman alone that looked exasperated but was trying to be polite about them harassing her.
I love those days when I start out heavy and not feeling it, but then get hyped once I warm up and land something. Also: mmmmmm slush floats!

gringo_viejo

« Reply #741 on: July 13, 2022, 05:08:08 PM »
This is kind of embarrassing but the last time I actually skated and tried tricks at a spot was in November of 2016, right before I got sober. Since then I’ve briefly stepped on a friend’s board every now and then (like 3-4 times tops in the past 6-7 years) and maybe tried or did one or two flatland tricks and handed back their board to them. I haven’t owned a skateboard since 2016. I know that sounds terrible, but I had a full time crappy job and other distractions keeping me busy and I just had no motivation to skate, I got pretty fucking overweight too, I was up to 215lbs for awhile. That’s sort of what got me to start lurking on slap, I’ve started to lose weight, got my weight down to 189lbs so far and I’ve been really missing skateboarding lately, I just need to lose a little more weight and buy a complete board set up and go skateboarding again. For the longest time when I first got sober I didn’t miss skateboarding at all but now it’s coming back. I just want to be at a healthy weight to be able to enjoy skateboarding I won’t ever be able to skate anywhere near like I use to but I can live that as long as I can atleast cruise around a little and Ollie up curb I’ll be happy!
Hell yeah dude. Respect for getting sober; that's a hard road. (Or a crusty asphalt spot? Anyway...) Ever hear the expression "worthy now?" Get the board today. There's nothing like the feeling.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #742 on: July 13, 2022, 05:15:22 PM »
I was so pissed off that my coworker was being a massive bitch that I couldn’t even get myself in the mood to skate.

gringo_viejo

« Reply #743 on: July 13, 2022, 05:18:00 PM »
Oh yeah and my actual sesh, right...
I've been trying to get all 8 180s, but there are a couple that I can't ever land. Started out with switch frontside, and then nollie backside on a bank. Got a little psyched. Then spent the rest of the session battling nollie front 180s. (Switch half cab? Terminology kills me.) Never got one. Nice day though.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #744 on: July 13, 2022, 05:25:19 PM »
Some coworkers and I had a flatground session inside of work at 6:30 this morning while on the clock. I can’t remember the last time I flipped my board before 8am. It must’ve been when I was still in college 11 years ago. Found out Blundstones are pretty skateable as far as work boots go even though my skate shoes were within reaching distance
fuck you bama

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #745 on: July 13, 2022, 05:46:35 PM »
I’m skateboarding at an all time low. I have no idea what’s wrong because my flat ground is in point.

If anything other than a manny pad is involved I’m going to slam or whatever.

Stiff af. Weak. Idk.

I heard Mace Windu is alive. Fucking Disney is so confused. There’s no way someone can get whacked with a lightsaber and be slightly damaged.

I’m 44 tomorrow.

I hope people aren’t bummed that I’m not like hey tomorrow is my shit. What you getting for me?

It’s just another day. Im not calling anyone. Phone works two ways
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

MC3

• Rep: 127
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #746 on: July 18, 2022, 06:46:00 PM »
Roommate and decided we’re gonna do a slappy/curb edit. Both of us went out today, both got clips. Landed my line and got the clip, then asked my roommate to film me doing a fast, long slappy crook. Proceeded to slam and roll my ankle real good.

On the train ride home I accidentally deleted my clip
(Cool Trick GIF)

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #747 on: July 19, 2022, 12:28:50 AM »
Man, that is bummer about the clip. Take it easy and heal up fast.

Happy Birthday @Uncle Flea I would like to skate some flat or banks with you.

Saturday I went a bit skating with my girl. She got a pretty good push for a beginner and it was awesome to cruise through the streets with her and show her my fave tricks.

Sunday I met my homie at our local park. We are like the last of our age group that still regularly skate (we both are mostly sober and have a regular job and other adult responsiblities) and it is always a pleasure to skate together. We weren't feeling the local park and went to a double bank where we both got 2 clips.

The spot:

IG: @flowterspace

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #748 on: July 20, 2022, 07:58:06 AM »
Stubbed my little toe and bruised the shit out of it when I was shambling around my flat lastnight, so took it easy this session, some tricks were deffo off - you don't realise the role your pinky toe plays until it hurts!

On the plus side - It put my front foot out of action for quite a few flip tricks, so I had a go at tres instead as they're 90% back foot - actually started to get somewhere with them which was rewarding...sometimes being forced into sessioning a certain trick or feature can pay off.

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #749 on: July 20, 2022, 11:30:14 AM »
I've been skating a lot in the past few weeks after a long 4+ year hiatus. I usually start by warming up in the garage if my girlfriends car isnt there and then move it out to the alleyway I live on, followed by the curb spot down the street and then the ledge spot on the edge of my neighborhood and downtown.

I'm super rusty, but after battling for kickflips again, I'm getting those more consistently and am able to start relearning more things. Got tre flips and switch heels back last session. Stoked!