Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 25797 times)

Octopus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -90
  • No one cares about your park clips
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #780 on: August 01, 2022, 01:01:26 PM »
Haven't skated much recently got out yesterday though. I gotta be the only few people in the world doing nollie front boards on ledges lol.
No wonder Gifted Hater hates this place.

Chris

• Rep: 0
« Reply #781 on: August 01, 2022, 01:02:26 PM »
I heel bruised, it was six weeks ago, and I only just started walking on my heel again two weeks ago..

Skating sucks!

Fuck. I had a very positive skate session on Saturday but midway ended up heeling the pavement hard. Continued skating through it but now im tippy toeing and got a bruise low ankle/heel visible.

Google doctor got me with a possible bone bruise and your time frame sounds like what I had heard. Skating man.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 767
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #782 on: August 01, 2022, 05:45:05 PM »
I mashed across town just now.

It was glorious. I did some tricks into the hill some tourists flimed a hill bomb. No one asked if I wanted to see and I did but whatever.

I picked up the trash at my spot. The town workers saw me and smiled.

Everyone loves me Im stoke skateboarding is ok to do in public now.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #783 on: August 01, 2022, 05:52:24 PM »
Someone brought the replica of the curved metal ledge that AVE switch bs noseblunt to the Hb Rec Park. Its a lot higher and longer than I realized. I was trying to front hurricane it but couldn't really get on it. The sesh was still fun cuz Vincent Milou rolled up and some dude told him he should kickflip front tail it and he gave him a funny look. I want to go back and get that trick.

Kumiko

• Rep: 25
« Reply #784 on: August 01, 2022, 05:55:39 PM »
Yesterday I rode my bike to the park at about 7:00 in the morning. There was fortunately only one other person there. They were friendly, but I cannot easily interact with other people so we just stayed at opposite ends, doing our own thing. I've skated less than 10 times the past 3 years so I'm just tryna relearn basics and get a sense of confidence and comfort on the board again so I mostly just did front boards and 50-50s on this curb section for about an hour and a half. It was fun and I was skating faster, sliding longer, and rolling out of them by the time I started getting a bit tired. Hopefully I can make it into a bit of a routine.
i love skateboarding all the time, but sometimes i wish i was one of those douchebags who hangs out with hot girls and parties every week

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 37
« Reply #785 on: August 02, 2022, 06:46:23 AM »
working on this maneuver

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
« Reply #786 on: August 02, 2022, 07:49:38 AM »
a few krrrrrss and one or two crack-skkkssss

FUBAR

• Rep: 112
« Reply #787 on: August 04, 2022, 02:45:03 AM »
Went to a new park at 6am. Picked up a ton of trash left over from the night crew. Laughed at the doubled sided curb feature that is 3 high and made from ultra flakey concrete. Made some new friends. Skated like shit. Standard session for me.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 767
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #788 on: August 04, 2022, 07:39:18 AM »
I saw a ghost or something.
I was hauling ass through town coming back from the store. I had a small jug o milk and candy bars.

Suddenly I saw a flash of colours. It was pink then green. Like a sliver of light. It was similar to a baseball card hologram.

Then it was gone. I focused in on the bench and I saw a pack of cigarettes. Marlboro 27s.
I said I wonder. I walked up and that shit was full.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 452
« Reply #789 on: August 05, 2022, 11:36:48 PM »
Today's session started off fun, but there are like there are about 6 dudes who frequent the park who are complete fucking ass-hats. I'd guess they're anywhere from twenty-two to mid-30s. They are too old to skate the park in such a shitty manner.

They skate like 8 years olds who haven't learned the rules of the park. But instead of it being from not knowing better, they seem to think the rules don't apply to them. This seems really common among dudes who were slightly better than I was at my peak.

One dude tonight was trying a few runs, but he'd missed a trick and instead of being like, "Welp, that sucks my turn is over," he'd snake everyone and started again immediately.

The same dude would miss his manual trick, hit the ramp behind the manual pad (knowing there were people queuing up to skate the manual pad from direction he had first tried to skate it), and then just try again going against traffic not giving a fuck if he ran into someone else.

One dude, seems to think the park being crowded gives him an excuse to never wait for his turn. Just snake everyone and skate the entire park even though everyone else skates as if it was divided into fourths when it is packed. There are a few people who can skate the whole park but they go out of their way to find breaks in the traffic rather than just plowing over people.

The same dude as a above sees a little kid being a little kid and one of the dudes who is nice and is fucking amazing, supporting the kid being a kid, so he decides to power slide at the kid to scare him and make sure everyone knows, even though it wasn't even his turn, he was upset he wasn't able to skate where the kid was standing.

These people make the session miserable as there is no escaping them. They completely change the vibe. It goes from fun to cool-guy miserable as soon as they show up.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 11:47:11 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

tuesday

• Rep: 104
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #790 on: August 06, 2022, 01:55:27 AM »
Pretty short. Started to rain. But it was forecasted anyway and I managed to do what I wanted to, so it was all good.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 324
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #791 on: August 06, 2022, 03:01:58 AM »
Today's session started off fun, but there are like there are about 6 dudes who frequent the park who are complete fucking ass-hats. I'd guess they're anywhere from twenty-two to mid-30s. They are too old to skate the park in such a shitty manner.

They skate like 8 years olds who haven't learned the rules of the park. But instead of it being from not knowing better, they seem to think the rules don't apply to them. This seems really common among dudes who were slightly better than I was at my peak.

One dude tonight was trying a few runs, but he'd missed a trick and instead of being like, "Welp, that sucks my turn is over," he'd snake everyone and started again immediately.

The same dude would miss his manual trick, hit the ramp behind the manual pad (knowing there were people queuing up to skate the manual pad from direction he had first tried to skate it), and then just try again going against traffic not giving a fuck if he ran into someone else.

One dude, seems to think the park being crowded gives him an excuse to never wait for his turn. Just snake everyone and skate the entire park even though everyone else skates as if it was divided into fourths when it is packed. There are a few people who can skate the whole park but they go out of their way to find breaks in the traffic rather than just plowing over people.

The same dude as a above sees a little kid being a little kid and one of the dudes who is nice and is fucking amazing, supporting the kid being a kid, so he decides to power slide at the kid to scare him and make sure everyone knows, even though it wasn't even his turn, he was upset he wasn't able to skate where the kid was standing.

These people make the session miserable as there is no escaping them. They completely change the vibe. It goes from fun to cool-guy miserable as soon as they show up.

Sounds like typical skatepark "hero" behaviour. And yes, that is always a fun killer. And also, aren't they a bit too old, to act like that? Did you went skating somewhere else then? Anyone know a good way to deal with those kinda people?

SwitchBigspinflipBoneless

• Rep: 3
« Reply #792 on: August 06, 2022, 03:14:57 AM »
Went to my local and mainly skated flat.  Felt good to practice the basics.  Did a couple Varial flips and got real close to tre flips, need to try them more to get them consistent.  Feeling real comfortable with the scoop and landing now.

Started a session on the ledge but Rollerbladers have waxed it so much its a death trap, that died pretty quick. 

One of the local skate rats' axle nut came off with no thread just as he was getting close to some new tricks. He was super bummed so I ran home and got him a spare from the drawer.  He was super hyped &  grateful. Reminded me of being super young and broke,  where a broken bearing or Deck would mean no skating until you saved for a new whatever.

Ended by learning front shove and switch front shove on a bank,  not nearly as scary as thought.  All those years of getting letters on them in skate could have been solved with 20 mins of actual effort lol. 

A good casual session.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
« Reply #793 on: August 06, 2022, 07:13:23 AM »
Broke in my new wheels and bearings, Spitfire Lil Smokies 48 and Swiss 6 Balls. Before that I rode Bones 100s down at 46 and regular Swiss. This is like day and night, I am so much faster. Lock in on grinds is better as well. The real test stands before tho, tomorrow Ill take them to the slappy curb.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1314
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #794 on: August 06, 2022, 09:21:31 AM »

One of my favorite park spots I got to skate in Australia had a sick street plaza and there was a youngish teenish guy that thought he didn't have to follow the rules and be a dick. Older skaters confronted him about his dick behavior and decided he needed to be ejected after he didn't heed their warning. I wish this would happen where needed elsewhere for clowns you described.
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.