Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 62279 times)

FatGuy92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2021, 12:11:27 PM »
I haven’t been going to any parks lately. Went to the closest parking lot and spent an hour trying a few lines. I put off learning no comply 180s for the longest time since it seemed like such a dork trick but now that I have them down I kinda like them.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2021, 12:12:46 PM »
Got winded playing a game of skate. Had to lay down.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Phillyflared

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2021, 04:17:01 PM »
Went to my covid curb for first time in a month or so. It's been fairly stressful lately w/ work, family, etc.
Had to pretty much force myself to go. Changed out to an old board at the spot and ended up having a really fun curb session. Got some slappies, played around w/ my limited flatground tricks and bunted a couple maybe for the futures.
Changed my whole vibe.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2021, 04:41:41 PM »
I had the day off yesterday so after I picked my son up from school we went to my local.
There was only two other people there, a 20 year old guy and a girl he was teaching to skate.
I was cruising around warming up (which takes like 30 min for me) and he started complimenting me on my no complies, which turned into us talking about pressure flips. For a youngin, I could tell he was really into skating. He wasn't amazing good or anything, but you could tell in the next few years he would get very good if he stuck at it.
He even gave me props on my sub-par ledge tricks... so again I could see that he was just pumped on being out there and rolling with other people, I think that’s a great quality to have, and certainly not one that I would have been able cultivate at 20 of some old dad rocked up to a skate session and starting doing archaic tricks.

I had some new shoes I was trying to break in (and ultimately decide if I want to keep) and while they aren't terrible to skate in, I kinda don't like looking down at them so I changed back into my old beat up shoes.
Didn't do anything amazing, but had most of my tricks on lock! My 6 year old was pumping over on the mini ramp which got me stoked because it's a hard mini to skate! My son then went and taught the girl who was learning to skate how to pop up on the manual pad without ollieing.
Finished the session up on my Polar Shin board with loopholes just cruising fast and doing power slides all over the place. Nothing too gnar, but enough to keep this old man stoked!!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 06:39:37 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

aàáâäæãå

• Rep: -2
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2021, 04:54:25 PM »
I was the only one at the park and two women showed up to do lifestyle shoots in the mini. After a few minutes I asked them if they skate. One said, “Yea, but I didn’t bring my board.” I offered her mine. She declined and I let them be.

They go back to their car and ten minutes later it looks like one is filming me. I walk in front of their car, then around, and back into the park. They left immediately after.

Alone again, as seems to be the common theme of my life, I’m trying to string a line together. This car rolls up and a dude and his daughter get out with a RC car.

I fucked up the trick and realize they posted up exactly where I was setting up. I got frustrated, threw my board at the ground - like any adult with good communication skills does - and kept skating.

They end up partying elsewhere with the very fast toy and four other skaters show up. One wearing a shirt telling me to “Download Fun”, two adolescents enjoying the spring night, and a local homie.

All’s well that ends well, except now I may not be anonymous anymore.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2021, 05:36:22 PM »
my local is situated on the side of a mountain.. .there is a little stream behind the park with frogs and freshwater crabs in it... so i went with my kids and all the other kids at the park to catch crabs and frogs after that i had a quick flat bar session and I committed to learning bigspin front boards finally... i can't bigspin on flat to save my life but I figured out how to pop them into front boards (cause you don't have to rotate all the way round... its kind of cheating)

did one in a line... now just need to slide them longer and faster

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2021, 05:45:55 PM »
My front truck hanger fell off when I was coming back into the quarter pipe. It was a beautiful slam. I got up wide eyed.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2021, 06:45:36 PM »
Smoked a lot of pot today because my wife and the kids are at the beach while I’m working. After work I proceeded to skate for over 7 miles. Probably a record for me and I’m sure I’m gonna be feeling it tomorrow.

Setup:

Dane 1
54 mm succulent dreams 92a
Cleaned and greased my bones Reds today. Used Panasonic razor oil (out of speed cream) and I think it might rival bones.

Some new stuff got waxed Which is always a treat.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2021, 07:37:38 PM »
Yesterday. Set up a new deck and wheels, went skating with a good friend who's moving 11 hours away from here soon, so let him choose the spots. Started at a park in the city, my flip game definitely off with the bigger wheels, but my nollies were popping high so spent a lot of time just speeding around nollie-ing up, off, into everything in sight. Got frustrated i couldn't bs flip up the euro, but did some really satisfying slappy crooks, bs and fs, probably my longest and fastest fs to fakie.
The park was cold and windy so headed to a nearby ledge that is in the sun. Was there 3min, popped a bs bigspin on flat, overbalanced and stepped off backwards, rolling my ankle, and writhed on the footpath in pain for a good 5min. It's pretty painful today, won't be back on the board for a few weeks. Feel old.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2021, 08:53:08 PM »
i get to basketball court at the end of my quiet suburban neighborhood that I skate pretty much daily after work.

within 5 minutes some basketball players show up, which is fine take half the court

They start playing on my side of the court without asking, then tell me to leave because they want to play full court. I tell them I don't want to accidentally hit their cars and stuff bc its a small street. This one guy says "If you hit my car I'll fuck you up" and I'm not about to get punked by some old ass white guy so I tell him I'll fuck him up back. This younger guy calms down a little after, I land the shit i want to land and then I go home. Walking away I still felt like a bitch tho.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2021, 11:31:32 PM »
Me and my homies went out to Lake elsinore to skate that new mcvickers park. Had a pretty good sesh, then started filming some of my homies. One of em got a backside flip over the a frame. Super sick to watch and to get the clip

InwardHeelsOnly

• Rep: 0
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2021, 01:26:13 AM »
brick rubbed and coated a curb outside our house shit was butter and I got some good frontside slappies for the first time since my ACL surgery four months ago

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 32
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2021, 08:05:06 AM »
Took my nephew on his first trip to the skatepark. We pushed around for a bit and had a great time. After that I called the filmer to see if he was out in the streets. He was. I showed up to the spot and waited for them to show. Watched Jimmy Lannon try a trick for over an hour while i half heartedly tried to do some unfilmables in the corner. Broke my board. Then I had to take a shit so I just went home. Filmer hit me up later to let me know Jimmy got the clip. Set up a new board and its been in my trunk for two weeks unused.

Johnny Lawrence

• Rep: 39
  • No Mercy
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2021, 08:22:21 AM »
Stomped a kickflip all like:

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2021, 11:14:44 AM »
Stomped a kickflip all like:

One of my favorite posters already  :D

My local spot is pretty funny looking, its this long patch of concrete with blocks of stairs all around and a giant concrete obstacle in the middle thats been sculpted by what must be millions of grinds by now. Its basically on this sort of platform above the river that goes through the city and there's a giant barge literally next to the spot, so you can have a nice sesh and then walk 20 meters up the bridge to the floating bar/restaurant for a cold beer. Anyway I get there and set down and there's like a group of 30 longboarders hanging on one side, and a bunch of rollerblading pals and gals next to them, which means me and the 4 other skaters there have a somewhat limited space to skate.
There's a moderately sized gap at one end that I keep trying to ollie 180, i've been trying to boost em more and more but i keep failing and there's like 45 people in there zooming around me which throws my focus off, I keep thinking i'm gonna body a poor girl trying to learn longboarding. Finally land it and I light a cig waiting for the longboarders to move off the spot and eventually they leave.
And then out of nowhere this random dude jumps in the river and starts swimming in the middle of the barge and the platform we're on. Totally random, not to mention that river is really dirty and has extremly stong currents, police often find bodies of people who fell in and drowned. The bar staff yells at him to get back up on the fucking platform and that the water is dirty, that its dangerous, yada yada. This went on for 15 minutes lol. Eventually the dude's girlfriend screams at his ass to get back up, he does and she storms off, him running after her with his brown stained shorts and barefoot. Me and the skaters there were laughing our asses of it was such a bizarre thing to witness.
Went back to skating and practicing kickflips and a bit of progress there so a nice little session sprinkled with randomness, very nice

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2021, 08:08:58 PM »
It sucked and was great at the same time. Haven't really skated in awhile (pooched knee/weather/covid/old...all the damn excuses) but found a park near a job site I have to drive about an hour to. So after working a few hours in PPE that had me drenched in sweat I went over and flopped around trying to manual the little pad while three young guys were landing stuff. I couldnt do much of anything but they still clapped/tapped their decks when I did. Just nice to be around skaters, talk about random stuff and see stuff being landed - mentally kind of a reset to get off my ass more.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2021, 11:27:43 PM »
Cold winter night.  Make fire by moonlight.  Howl with wolf.  Wolf family.  My family.

Make a tender moment- sweat under and freeze your eyelids shut.

Police make contact.  I warrior.  They know, I know.  Sign says “no skateboarding”.  Police say they
don’t care.  I hear howling breath under people breath.

Make ancestors give strength to 5-0 on a little step.  Gods not friendly and sleeping.  Fear grip and hold “just how good is my health insurance?”  “Why am I such a pussy?”

Play with dead bird carcass and kiss its rancid wings.

Grug think stupid red sign mean nothing, grug think you strong tribe man for mocking sign, gods maybe too much sleep after apple juice drink?

Grug also think playing with dead bird weird, grug think you need seek brain chaman to beat head voice with big word club.

Peace on grug

cky enthusiast

« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2021, 04:37:21 AM »
went to the usual and did my usuals

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2021, 05:00:20 AM »
Spent wayyyy to long trying fakie boardslide revert back noseblunt to fakie on a curved ledge

Sounds dumb and that’s because it is but it’s a fun way to dismount a fakie boardslide and if I can get the nose to slide a little on the way out it might look kinda cool??? Definitely feelz cool

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2021, 06:04:55 AM »
It was announced that schools would not reopen this year, so I yelled “yay!” and skated the schoolyard curbs all afternoon.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

PL0P

• Rep: 11
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2021, 06:37:27 AM »
Got to skate that lot 11 park in Miami with my brother while visiting some family. That place is incredible. Love the homages to the hebrew rail, those little steep quarter pipes that dill had a few clips on in skate more and the triangle memorial thing. Vibes were great and there was some old head there skating better than anyone i've ever seen his age. Great day.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2021, 08:10:40 AM »
Third time back out after a few weeks off for an ankle roll, was feeling pretty good, mostly pain free and got a few flip tricks down.

Pure flatground as usual, landed 3 nice kickflips in a row and should have called time with that, as I had been out for a while... sun was shining so i wound things down and was just tossing a few random tricks around, decided on a whim to try fakie bigspin heels, and the third one I threw I really tweaked out my ankle with the flip motion, weird as i had been doing heels the last couple days no bother.

So yeah, that was two weeks ago, I should have finished on a make and left the session there, as my ankle is still bitching me out now. I'm usually pretty sensible coming back from injuries, but just had to push my luck that little bit too far... typical!

I love how ankle roll recovery never seems to be straightforward, it'll feel good and improve in a fairly linear fashion, then just start being a dick again... genuinely thought i was in the clear.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2021, 08:44:41 AM »
The year was 2011.  It was a beautiful Sunday morning.  I didn’t have to go to my dishwashing job so I sparked a bowl and cracked a beer.  I put on Happy Medium II in my iTunes video player, for probably the 30th time, while I got dressed in my favourite tiedye t-shirt, cutoff corduroy shorts, shoe lace belt, and Lakai Koston Selects.  It was a bit nippy out, so I threw on my burgundy beanie as well.  Once I was ready to go, I turned up the Dan Deacon on my knockoff iPod shuffle and was out the door.

I made my way to the skatepark, manualing sidewalk blocks on the way, and when I got there I started working on my nollie bs bigspins.  After several attempts I floated a perfect one off the kicker by the bowl and landed bolts, while the emo kids on the bleachers watched with indifference.  It was a good day.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2021, 05:27:11 PM »
I do flats around the hood every night, 20-40 minutes, just pushing around, trying to improve my ollie, and slapping curbs as I see fit. Pretty stoked to have jumped off a 6” ledge my last two times out. I’ve been back on the board for 6 weeks or so and I’m just trying to have some fun.

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -128
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2021, 05:53:09 PM »
there was children in the way, I did a manual trick
big texas cummer

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 90
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2021, 02:26:37 AM »
Learned half cab nosegrind reverts and had free pizza.

Tidy.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2021, 05:00:30 AM »
alone at my lunch break on a plaza close to my work, did one of the best heelflips I ever done
my foot position must feel akward and weird in order to make it
22 years since I started skating and I'ts my least consistent trick, so Im happy

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2021, 05:07:39 AM »
Tired a trick like 40 times last night on a ledge. Getting close but no go. Then on my 'last try' shout, landed it perfectly. Great way to end the session. I obv tried to repeat it immediately after landing it only to fail again. hehe. (noseslide to krook fakie out)

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2021, 06:26:57 AM »
Played skate in my driveway last night with a friend.

PrettyRicki

• Rep: 10
  • Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2021, 11:13:32 AM »
Was at a skatepark with the homie and met some guy that always pushed mongo, both regular and switch.