Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 62208 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2021, 08:09:35 AM »
that’s such a trippy park, is it just a long hallway in a field? i would love to skate that

johnes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2021, 08:44:59 AM »
So there’s this round rail spot that I went to with some friends 7 years ago and I’ve been wanting to go again.
So after work this last Sunday I head there and my friend is coming to meet up and when he gets there he says he saw another rail a couple minutes down the road.

And the first rail ended up having a shift in the concrete which made the flat rail have an upward angle at the end, I tried boardsliding a couple times and just kept sticking when it angled up.

So we leave that spot for the other one my friend saw and we get there and I realized I had also been to that one 7 years ago with those friends.
The second spot had a rail that also had an upward shift and a second rail that was lower but close to a wall.
So I did a few front boards on the rail by the wall.
And I started trying to back board the main rail.

My friend took out his tape measure and that rail started at 15 inches high and ended at 19 inches high and was 25 feet long.
So i start trying to back board the long rail and I did it surprisingly quick like in 10 tries.
But I wanted to try for a better one and then I slammed pretty hard and kept trying at least 20 more times and didn’t land it a second time.
Pretty surprised I was able to back board that thing.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2021, 09:26:35 AM »
Skated a tiny park couple towns over. Tried to evade all the weekend scooter kids. Despite the pandemic, there seems to be more than ever, especially with their ignorant parents... but the park was covered in mud and dirt from.. you guessed it, scooter kids. Managed to land a heelfip off the kicker and my friend caught the still on his phone:

https://i.imgur.com/rpcmVWx.jpg

Then we went back to the local after about an hour to sesh the ledge... my mate relearned impossible 50-50s and front tails on it, so all round a good couple hours.

man, where i grew up in super rural germany all the village parks looked like this. kickers leading straight into mud and shit. can't say i miss any of them. respect to you for dealing with this. that kicker looks wild, did you have to ollie up? good heelflip steez.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1556
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2021, 09:32:08 AM »
how long is a usual sesh for u dudes?

Depends on what we’re skating, if we’re parking hoping it’s usually about 2-3 hours but if it’s curbs and low impact shit well be at it for hours. But generally speaking I can only really skate on the weekends these days.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

BAIL

• Rep: 7
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2021, 09:32:44 AM »
Hit my local city sponsored DIY park for the first time in awhile, after some snowy weather. Surprised myself by feeling really good on my board and started trying krooked grinds on flat box, something I had started trying to learn on my last session. I jumped onto a couple really well but going too slow to actually grind, and decided to actually commit with some speed. First try with speed my front wheels landed on top of the ledge and I shot out, going full horizontal, and slammed full force strait down onto my tailbone. First full body rocker I'd taken in a long time. Anyway, it was a session ender, and after I left I was walking around and the swelling started to pinch a nerve and send pain all the way down my leg making me freak out and think I was seriously fucked up, but the next day I woke up and it was just a bit sore. Very excited to skate again once this latest snow clears out.

moneen

• Rep: -41
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2021, 11:25:34 AM »
that’s such a trippy park, is it just a long hallway in a field? i would love to skate that

yup, that's the whole park. where the picture is taken from is on top of a quarter pipe at one end.

did you have to ollie up?

nah that ramp goes all the way to the floor. you can also do cool roll on grinds all the way along it.

I saw the clips in your story, that rail looks really nice but you were saying it's super hard to skate.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2021, 11:39:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yup, that's the whole park. where the picture is taken from is on top of a quarter pipe at one end.

Expand Quote
did you have to ollie up?
[close]

nah that ramp goes all the way to the floor. you can also do cool roll on grinds all the way along it.

Expand Quote
[close]

I saw the clips in your story, that rail looks really nice but you were saying it's super hard to skate.
I wouldn’t say super hard but just not really ideal or perfect the way a park rail would be
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Frontside Slappy

• Rep: 91
  • Somewhere in a parking garage
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2021, 01:33:54 PM »
Recently went out for the first time after being stuck at home for a couple weeks, went to the local college and skated the curbs for a couple of hours to shake some of the rust off. Kept slipping out on my hurricane grinds and couldn't roll away from one to save my life, but left the spot overall happy just to be back on the board :)
"That was a clean one." -Werner Herzog

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2021, 10:54:29 AM »
Bump because I had to tell ya all about my beautiful day.

Met with the homies at a kicker spot. Broke my board the 2nd try I ollied. Went to Rewe to get a banana. Homie gave me his old deck. Screwed it on and tried a wallie.
After 10 tries I felt comfy and ready to land the trick.
Landed it, but my front foot came sideways and I tweaked the hell out of my ankle. I think if I haven't worn a ankle brace, my ankle would be broken now. I am sad.
IG: @flowterspace

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2021, 11:18:03 AM »
Sorry to hear about your ankle fs1/2cab.

I had a week off work so I skated 7 out of the 8 last days. As my back foot ankle is healing and I was also breaking in new shoes, I went softly tho. I had some okayish sessions but nothing outstanding. However, I got a clip of a half decent fs noseslide to fakie today, so that's cool. By now, my legs are black and blue and my hand hurts because I fell on it often so it's good I don't have two weeks off.  ;D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2021, 11:46:21 AM »

I had a week off work so I skated 7 out of the 8 last days. As my back foot ankle is healing and I was also breaking in new shoes, I went softly tho. I had some okayish sessions but nothing outstanding. However, I got a clip of a half decent fs noseslide to fakie today, so that's cool. By now, my legs are black and blue and my hand hurts because I fell on it often so it's good I don't have two weeks off.  ;D

Thank you a lot mate.
Woah, you can go skating every day. I am not sure my body can handle that anymore. But very nice to hear. It is very hard for me to take the sessions easy and lightly, because I like to give my best and push myself. The last few months were crazy, I filmed so many clips and a few of them I am proud of ya know. But now, I gotta take it very easy and recover my ankle. Which already fucks with my mental health.
Fs noseslides to fakie are also on my list, but I need the right ledge to learn them.
IG: @flowterspace

ninformatic

• Rep: -7
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2021, 01:12:50 PM »
Smoked a cig after 15 minutes skating and had to go home to take a shit

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2021, 01:47:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thank you a lot mate.
Woah, you can go skating every day. I am not sure my body can handle that anymore. But very nice to hear. It is very hard for me to take the sessions easy and lightly, because I like to give my best and push myself. The last few months were crazy, I filmed so many clips and a few of them I am proud of ya know. But now, I gotta take it very easy and recover my ankle. Which already fucks with my mental health.
Fs noseslides to fakie are also on my list, but I need the right ledge to learn them.

I wasn't skating all day long, just an hour or two but yeah, I was also surprised my old body played along.

I simply tried to do stuff where I was less likely to bend/roll my back foot ankle, that's why the fs noseslide was perfect, as literally all you use is the front foot so the risk to roll the back foot is quite limited. I find the ideal ledge height is around knee high and not too slippery.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2021, 10:43:51 PM »
I went to the parking lot at the community pool around 830. I was pretty smoked because I drove 15hrs straight the day before but wanted to get an hour or so in because I'm not going to be able to skate for a week or so. I get to the parking lot and just starting slappying some curbs and parking blocks. I'm on the tail end of a nasty ankle injury recovery that had me down all winter but my ankle is getting stronger and I wanted to practice my Ollie's instead of 4 trick lines. So I pull a tall milk crate outta the back of my car, lay it down sideways and start popping over it pretty easily. I stand it it on its end, making it just around 2ft tall, couple inches under. Try popping over it and crash the crate. I get over it 3rd try and go back to try it again with a clean roll away (the benefits and downfalls of self filming w a phone). Well, my legs are done at this point and 2x I essentially just dump into the crate and almost eat crap. I pick up the sled and tomahawk that shit into the crate gone askew. Tore a significant section of tape off. Haven't had a temper tantrum in a minute. Felt good and childish. It was funny to watch on video
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2021, 04:03:41 AM »
I went to the parking lot at the community pool around 830. I was pretty smoked because I drove 15hrs straight the day before but wanted to get an hour or so in because I'm not going to be able to skate for a week or so. I get to the parking lot and just starting slappying some curbs and parking blocks. I'm on the tail end of a nasty ankle injury recovery that had me down all winter but my ankle is getting stronger and I wanted to practice my Ollie's instead of 4 trick lines. So I pull a tall milk crate outta the back of my car, lay it down sideways and start popping over it pretty easily. I stand it it on its end, making it just around 2ft tall, couple inches under. Try popping over it and crash the crate. I get over it 3rd try and go back to try it again with a clean roll away (the benefits and downfalls of self filming w a phone). Well, my legs are done at this point and 2x I essentially just dump into the crate and almost eat crap. I pick up the sled and tomahawk that shit into the crate gone askew. Tore a significant section of tape off. Haven't had a temper tantrum in a minute. Felt good and childish. It was funny to watch on video

I usually get so bummed and uncomfortable when my friends or people around me get mad while skating, but boy do I turn into Mr. Hyde when I'm skating on my own. Never focused a board, but definitely throw/push my board into things. Almost always immediately regret it but it's a release.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

slutbang666

• Rep: 2
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2021, 04:28:55 AM »
I skated an underground spot last week with some friends last week. It’s been raining for the past 2 weeks straight, so we took the box and flat bar to a covered spot. I didn’t do much but spend me whole sessions trying to relearn front crooks. I got 8 or 10 but but only pinched a few.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2021, 07:12:25 AM »
Been going to this new perfect skatepark for a couple years now and never had to courage to skate the double set there (it’s not that big, just minimal roll up and awkward roll away). The other day I ollied it 2nd try, stuck a first try kickflip, and rolled away on the 4th try. Was stoked to say the least. Also did an ollie to manual up a ledge that was waist high, tried to film it and kept clipping my back trucks which annoyed me. Still a great session though

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2021, 07:27:53 AM »
Blew my back out again on the first trick of the session, a nollie bs 180 on flatground.

I keep blowing my back out skating, I think that might be it for me.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2021, 07:37:33 AM »
Got a proper, un-rocketed kickflip last session. Been playing with my feet setup and figured it out. Now I have five days off in a row and it’s been raining for two with zero covered spots to hit, so I will be making room in my tiny garage today.

non-playable character

• Rep: 8
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2021, 07:39:06 AM »
there were around 400 skaters at my local spot yesterday

ohtight

• Rep: 19
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2021, 08:23:17 AM »
went to my local. learned better fakie noseslides back to fakie. idk if thats what its called but whatever. felt good. skated with a homie. had some laughs. didnt eat shit. overall good session.
zzz

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2021, 08:34:47 AM »
Smoked a cig after 15 minutes skating and had to go home to take a shit
a classic.

last sesh i had i stopped by this new park in tampa (carrollwood village park) and was pleasantly surprised to find that its one of the best parks i’ve ever been to in florida. it’s small but thoughtfully designed and every obstacle flows into another perfectly. all the coping is majestic and there was hardly anyone at the park so i got to skate fast and enjoy it in its entirety.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2155
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2021, 09:11:22 AM »
Mostly, I just threw myself at the ground & managed to pick up a few grinds in whilst in the process.
Prolly got as many bruises, all tallied, as successful tricks.
Meh.
I’d call it a great day.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2021, 02:25:23 PM »
Brought my box to the high school lot by my house and just did my thang. I don’t skate the box often but when I do I’m instantly back to being 15 skating a box out in front of my friends house everyday after school

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2021, 05:40:42 PM »
Almost slammed down a hill. Told my wife I was working downstairs but really was drinking and watching "Mouse"

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2021, 01:14:36 AM »
Went to a skatepark that's near a river to skate with a friend, was cold and windy so we bought beer and chill in the sun next to the water until we felt warmed enough. Did a couple long manuals, then went to his house to talk about barza trips and watch dani lebron and Macba crews videos.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2021, 09:27:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I usually get so bummed and uncomfortable when my friends or people around me get mad while skating, but boy do I turn into Mr. Hyde when I'm skating on my own. Never focused a board, but definitely throw/push my board into things. Almost always immediately regret it but it's a release.

I very rarely go ballistic with anything, let alone a skateboard these days, but sometimes tossing the board like a helicopter into a corner feels right  ::)
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2021, 09:29:39 AM »
2 weeks ago i slammed trying to kickflip over 2 boards stacked up
i hadnt done any warm up on kickflips really i was trying to switch ollie it for awhile and i just wasnt getting it
for some reason decided to try to kickflip it

i have pretty decent kickflips as far as consistency + catch, but they are not that high maybe just 1 deck high on average. so it felt like i was going pretty high just kickflipping this 2 decks and normally my first tries are trash and the board doesnt come with me at all or anything i just kinda jump away
the first try it popped up seemingly perfect and i really committed to it. i thought i was getting it first try. since i am not used to kickflipping so high, i didnt account for the extra air time, so the board flipped too quickly and i ended up landing on it upside and rolling my ankle super super badly.
luckily i walked away + was able to drive home but was not able to walk the next day :(

have tried to take care of it the best i can the past 2 weeks and finally got to skate yesterday a tiny bit and felt amazing :) got fakie blindside heel and half cab flip super nice in the accels. just felt super happy to be rolling around again and it wasnt painful at all.

wasnt feeling the cup soles at first coming from the Foy 306s but i am actually getting used to skating these es again. i mean considering they are a budget shoe i suppose they are worth the price (these were $68 CAD) but i dont know if i will buy them again. I just bought new Tyshawn shoe from Adidas. it almost feels too nice to skate in :s
ONTARIO CANADA

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2021, 11:47:56 AM »
Saturday session with my 3 year old son. I smithgrinded the bank to ledge, he rolled down the bank sitting on his board.

Then a fire broke out in a building around the corner, the fire brigade trucks passing by had my son all hyped.

Stopped for ice cream on the way home. BBQ for dinner.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2021, 11:59:40 AM »
stuck a first try kickflip, and rolled away on the 4th try.

This one still confuses me every time I hear it. “Stuck” used to mean you landed whatever you were trying, not landed on it and fell off. But sometime in the last 20 years it started to get used by the younger generation in the context you used it. Congrats, though!