Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 62234 times)

tkp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2021, 11:19:54 AM »
Hiked up 3000 ft / 914m for a couple miles / a few kilometers to skate a spot I came across a few years ago. It's elevation was a bit above 9000ft / 2643m.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPrfI2qldo8/

Slipped on a rock at the top, gashed my leg, fell a couple times while skating, got my trick, had to hike back down with a bloody leg, but it was well worth it.

Ended up at a fire road which turned into a steep sandy asphalt neighborhood road, which meant powerslides were never ending (aka they don't slow you down). Slammed again which led to more blood.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 11:29:19 AM by tkp »

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2021, 01:13:01 PM »
Hiked up 3000 ft / 914m for a couple miles / a few kilometers to skate a spot I came across a few years ago. It's elevation was a bit above 9000ft / 2643m.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPrfI2qldo8/

Slipped on a rock at the top, gashed my leg, fell a couple times while skating, got my trick, had to hike back down with a bloody leg, but it was well worth it.

Ended up at a fire road which turned into a steep sandy asphalt neighborhood road, which meant powerslides were never ending (aka they don't slow you down). Slammed again which led to more blood.

Now that's what I call an amazing skate photo.  8)
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2021, 07:49:29 AM »
So yesterday was GSD so all the homies called out from work to sesh. We purposely didn’t go to a park because we hate that shit. We linked up at a plaza and made a new ledge skateable instead. Anyway so we get to point where we are filming 3 homies going for their tricks and some fucking random pulls their car over mad fast and hopps out with a board, mallgrabbed. He kept snaking us in the street while we were filming. Then he asked, “are y’all going downtown for all the go skate day events?”
And we were like “fuck no, that’s why we’re here”. Then the kid tried fs 50 on the smallest ledge fruitlessly for 10 mins and dipped out.

Later on in the day, my homie was looking through Instagram stories from the fools downtown and every year Denver’s gsd ends at the infamous Emage 20 set handrail. Long story, short we all watched the same kid rack the fuck outa his nuts tryna lip slide a 20 in front of most of Denver’s skate scene when he couldn’t even 50 a ledge. They had to carry him away.

Moral of the story: know your limits, don’t be a show of.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2021, 08:09:43 AM »
Was at a skatepark with the homie and met some guy that always pushed mongo, both regular and switch.

That's funny.  I lived in San Diego for awhile in a house with a guy I went to college with.  He was a really good surfer who just picked up long boarding.  I am Ok at skating, 15+ years in the game.  He acually asked me that he wanted to learn how to push with his front foot.  I never had anyone ask me how to push mongo.   

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2021, 11:05:48 AM »
I changed my skate style so that I'm sweating right away instead of chillin around.  I may's well get a work out while I skate.  Lots of pushing and bowl pumpin. I'm working on a fly out to deck check for the post yourself.  Rockin  the blue mini cubic wheels.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Cousin Avi

• Rep: -2
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2021, 11:40:40 AM »
I'm 37 and my sessions are quite brief nowadays. If I have a trick in mind I try it and if I land it properly, that's it, back to jumping rope and watching the lads from afar having fun. If I'm completely alone, say, 6:30 a.m. I'll skate for 3 hours and try new things until I'm beaten up and bleeding. Hope to keep skating until I'm 55 or something.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2021, 12:22:34 PM »
Skating the town I grew up in and hitting some old spots. Kinda nuts to see that there is NO ONE skating street in this city at all. Brand new park with granite blocks and no stoppers. No one has waxed them. Shits weird. The old ledges around town and shit haven't been waxed in at least 10yrs. So I skated some small ass gaps at the new county courthouse, ollieing til i was too tired to walk. Figure if I get comfortable with small ones I might be able to move up a bit again and all that. Realized that the only difference between a foot high drop and a 5 foot drop is about 1 second time and a lot more pain if you bail. Focus and breathe grasshoppa!

Anyways, it was the first time I skated since my 36 bday last week and it was really fun to skate a metal cellar door for an hour. Start in parking lot, Ollie up curb 1 push, pop onto cellar door because there is an inch high lip and either pivot or roll back switch. Back when, i used to have my heel flips, shove its, and fs 180s on this spot but since this was my first time skating a cellar door or any bank in close to 10 years so the up and down was rewarding enough. Got a lil accidental switch nose grind on one of the tries. Ive got 3 more days/nights before I leave and want to land/film a 180 on it.

Also drove to this parking garage where we used to get faded and skate. All the wax has worn off every ledge but the Manny pads were alright. Back then I used to think these gaps were small as fuck, like 6 inches up 4feet over 2feet down. I had my bag of tricks up and over from both angles (6in up and over as well as 2ft up and over). Now im blown away how easy it used to be!!! I can still Ollie up that gap (2ft up) but can't clear the four feet and whatnot. In always looked down on myself as a skater when i was coming up because I wasn't a total beast like some of the dudes I skated with, but now that I'm looking at the shit I had to skate and recalling what I landed, its like "damn, you weren't bad at all!" Its cool having this fresh outlook on it. Its making me realize that now that I'm healthy, fit, and not getting messed up that I will only keep skating better and having more fun!!!
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2021, 05:05:15 AM »
shelby was killing it. as usual. not the fastest but highly refined. then rocky with the backup kinda spazzin across the street

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2021, 08:01:53 AM »
Got to get his off my chest brehs.

I had another bad kick flip day today and was struggling getting a few half assed ones. I was alone at the spot but then this guy turned up who was already there last time. He's super nice but it's frustrating, he came back to skating after a 15 year hiatus three months ago and is already popping nice kick flips and heel flips every try, plus has 360 flips and some other flip tricks pretty much on lock. So he comes over and asks me if those are switch flips I am trying. He was not meaning to mock me but it did not sit well...

Thanks for reading.
why come?

Welpok

• Rep: 11
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2021, 02:18:27 PM »
My last skate day was about 2 months ago. I went to the park in the morning because I knew it would be empty. I did a few back smith grinds and I left. Only because I had an ingrown toenail. Had it removed almost a month ago and still in the process of recovery. But I enjoyed my last session even though I was in so much pain.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2021, 07:05:44 AM »
I mostly stick to the mini at my local park. I’m trying to get my pop going a little bit and have been dealing with “the fear” after a mtb crash a couple weeks ago. I’ve made a rule for myself that I have to ollie onto the flat before I can skate the mini. It’s both sad and funny what a battle it has been. 

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2021, 08:09:17 AM »
65% chilling. i usually try to do 40% sitting/talking shit maximum but idk it was one of those fred durst days. shelby wasnt even around

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2021, 08:17:05 AM »
Was feeling really down on myself, thinking maybe it’s time to hang it up but then I learned fakie 360 shoves up this box so maybe I’ll keep going.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQesIrPHkPH/?utm_medium=copy_link

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2021, 08:25:20 AM »
3 days ago, my 33rd birthday. I have a friend that I skate with who had the same birthday, same year too.
He invited me to go skate in a parking lot with some of his friends that I don’t know. They brought a box and 2 flat bars.

It was fun. We played like a 6 person game of skate, I got a letter on everyone with a 3 shuv and another letter on 4/6 people with a shuv rewind. I was the second person out of the game tho.
I almost landed a nollie heel for the first time on my E. My second try the board flipped 3/4 and I hit promo, it would have been bolts.

I was trying front board shuv on a flatbar with my phone on a tripod. Them my birthday friend filmed a line and he started filming me, he showed me how his angle looked and said, check this out it’s gonna look super good. And he said, “you should do the shuv rewind after you land the trick”. I had planned on just doing a front shuv but I was like, good idea. I landed the fromt board shuv ad perfect as I possibly could have, with good speed too and made the shuv rewind.
It was a fun sesh.
That clip is in the “post you skating” thread.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2021, 07:35:47 PM »
friggin hot today. and im already a sweaty fucker who soaks through shirts fast. didnt feel like filling up a jug so ended up going through 3 bottles of water. near the end i was just sitting then fatherless george starts screaming at the top of his lungs at another grom. kid is probably not even 10 and hes screaming you fucking bitch! you fucking bitch i didnt do it! lmao. slow summer so far. i just hate the little bastard

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2021, 10:26:58 PM »
went out to the spot and there were some 16 year old kids messing around and I said "what up. you got these kickflips, dude. just land it" and the kid lands it :o

so, when I'm skating mostly alone, which is most of the time, I've got one headphone in my left ear (because my right ear is thrashed) and listen to something choice. I've realized that I like to pick one track and keep it on repeat for most of the session. it enables me to lock into a rhythm. Lately it's been Omegah Red- MF Doom x RZA- Books of War. I did that and some Beatles "A Day in the Life." My body was tired but once I began warming up, I moved beyond being held up by the switch from a 14.25WB to 14.5 and start popping around. Hit a moment where, once I reminded myself to actively breathe (funny for a yoga/meditation instructor to forget to breathe) I started landing everything. Duh. happens.every.time. Was pretty stoked on 2 lines with slappy board slide on a long curved double sided curb in the end. Got my 5.0s back. Maybe, just maybe, I've got the early understanding of front blunts and back tails. I don't know, but it was pretty rewarding and relaxing.

I need to throw a few old decks in my car to give to those kids. they're skating some ooooold ass shop decks.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2021, 05:28:12 AM »
5050s and manuals at a park. 5050s and manuals at a parking garage. Kickflips and a back 180s somewhere in there.

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2021, 11:28:46 AM »
I found uh nickel.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2021, 12:38:11 PM »
usually sk8 in the evenings when its not as hot. but the past couple days i havent done shit and today was the 1st of the month so i went to the spot after lunch. as soon as the elevator door opened it was clear someone had just ripped ass and left a rank one. oof let it close without entering and waited for it to go back to ground floor but its not moving. i hear the other elevator pass without stopping so i said fkit and held my breath to ground. shelby wasnt there because its not the evening and my laces broke. tested out my new trousers tho. kind of too skinny reminds me of swan or something i like a bit wider for comfort but its manageable. thanks for reading

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2021, 04:36:42 PM »
Worked on switch nollie fs smiths and slap bs feebles on a double sided curb. Landed none. Never flipped my board once. Pushed my 6 year old around on his board. Cops drove by and waved. Great time!

Grip Jobs

« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2021, 08:36:27 PM »
Went to the local did a decked front rock and some old slash dog just talked me up for 30min about how sick front rocks are, then I went home.

IpathCats

« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2021, 05:03:26 AM »
My friend bought a granite slab off someone on FB marketplace for like $50. Roughly 2'x6'. He took the old wood/metal surface off his old box and used construction adhesive to mounts the granite. Skated it for like 30 mins the other day because it was too hot out but booooooooooy did that thing feel amazing.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2021, 09:09:07 PM »
saw a few locals i havent seen in a while. found like 5 or 6 grams of cabbage on the way back

wilk

• Rep: -2
« Reply #143 on: July 04, 2021, 12:36:07 AM »
Was average, I always end with flatground...and this older dude who's like 44 I always see came up to me asking to play skate. He has an older shape with big wheels and big trucks. Long story short, we didn't end up actually playing skate...the end of my last session turned out to be one of the funnest sessions I've had, because instead of playing skate...we ended up going around the skatepark doing old school tricks, some of it I've never attempted... because he really doesn't pop his board anymore. I usually don't talk to anybody and stay to myself when I go to skateparks, but it was nice to actually skate with someone for once and in such an unconventional way (to me).

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #144 on: July 04, 2021, 12:44:52 PM »
Got a scorching eary afternoon Fourth of July session today. It was too hot even for the scooter kids and pile out teenagers so I pretty much had the park to myself. A cool younger kid was there who asked me for help with kickflips, and another homie I hadn’t seen in months was there too. Anyway, I managed some flat ground switch flips, tre flipped the small stairs first try, kickflipped the big set after a few tries, sketchy nollie heeled the euro. Did a good bs noseslide while threading the needle between a family. On the same ledge i landed in some bs lips and smiths but no land. Got 10/16 of the fs+bs flip trick variations on flat, was quite stoked. Wish I could’ve gotten one of those lipslides. This teenage drug dealer showed up to chill with the kid I helped, and it got awkward because we hate eachother. Left before I got sunburned. Could’ve went to another park, but it’s too hot, I’m gonna skate more tonight after work. Listened to “it was a good day” on the ride home
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 12:53:36 PM by Blueabyssofthisss »

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2021, 01:29:59 PM »
Got 25% of my kickflips today (which is good for me) but they are mobbed. I have been working on a line for a few weeks now, got close, but no cigar.
why come?

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2021, 08:54:56 AM »
I torn my meniscus in my right leg last year and sprained my LCL 4 months ago in my left leg. Been off the board for a while until the 3rd of July. Went to the park to roll around and to my surprise i felt really good. Was able to Ollie our bump over barrier and it gave me the confidence Ive been missing for months. It felt great to skate with my friends that I haven’t seen in a while. My buddy pulled a switch bs flip on the pyramid and got his back with a switch fs heel. Good times, good people, and good legs  :D

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2021, 09:56:06 AM »
I torn my meniscus in my right leg last year and sprained my LCL 4 months ago in my left leg. Been off the board for a while until the 3rd of July. Went to the park to roll around and to my surprise i felt really good. Was able to Ollie our bump over barrier and it gave me the confidence Ive been missing for months. It felt great to skate with my friends that I haven’t seen in a while. My buddy pulled a switch bs flip on the pyramid and got his back with a switch fs heel. Good times, good people, and good legs  :D

Good shit, those knees are hard to feel confident in when you have ligament and meniscus issues. Did you get surgery for the meniscus?
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2021, 01:59:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good shit, those knees are hard to feel confident in when you have ligament and meniscus issues. Did you get surgery for the meniscus?
I didn’t get surgery, just been doing pt and eating better than usual. The time off the board really did me some good. Still going to take it easy but man it feels good to skate during the summer again

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #149 on: July 05, 2021, 02:38:52 PM »
   Bs roll ins to fly out melon grab attempts.   I just roll into the bowl and thats it usually.  Maybe try a fly out or do a carve.  I don't like attempting lip tricks.    Mabye a fakie ollie disaster, they are pretty safe.  When I say 'bowls' i mean 6 foot max.  Anyway it was so fun.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"