Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 62173 times)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #750 on: July 20, 2022, 12:25:01 PM »
threw together a mostly fresh complete with an 8.5 Real F1 stamped II, so the shape is nice. Some loophole v cut 56mm- these things are sick, along with some fresh quantums, riding almost to the axle 159 hollows

Had a session at the skate park for an hour or so, had fun practicing stalls and shit that I never really do. I chilled for a few hours then skated this tall curb, prob 6-8 inches height, and it's CURVED. So I'm throwing slappies on it and feeling pretty good. It's lightly waxed and not skated much so it's smelling like fresh pool coping with the burn. I figure I'm gonna do an old dude like across the spot, heel flip, manual the pad, power slide the painted handicap spots, 180, half cab 180, 5-0 slappy the curb. I do it a handful of times but get caught with wheel bite riding off the tall curb every time. So I keep going to get this stupid line and the manual does me in. I ride it out and I'm gonna lose it if I don't try a 180 out off the pad, which I've never done but it made sense in the moment. I start to land it into switch and just skid out straight to my butt and drop a nasty back/shoulder twist. I get up do the rest of the line, land a monster slappy 5-0 blah blah blah. my back, neck, and shoulder are trashed and I can't do a damn thing about it.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #751 on: July 20, 2022, 01:22:47 PM »
It was pretty frickin good actually.

I’ve got a perfect line from my house to my no comply zone down like I was a teen again.

The only thing that could make it better is if I got switch tre off the curb instead of fakie heel.

I found a two up two down with a low hydrant a few months ago which I’m going to skate after dark.

I saw this kid there who looks like Pops filming there once. I couldn’t get my family to pull over to say hi.

I feel like it’s important to introduce yourself to people who actually film in the street.

Never know they might get you into a friends section?

It’s a high traffic area.

I’m about to go to skate rn. Looking for a hill
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #752 on: July 20, 2022, 03:38:10 PM »
I've been having a cold for the past week so I have been taking some cough medicine for that. This medicine has been getting me really high and its just the over the counter stuff. Went skating and I was high as a kite. I wasn't getting my warm up tricks as consistent as I wanted so I wanted to leave. I don't know why but I threw out a kick flip crook on a ledge and surprisingly I got in it. A couple tries later I landed it, went to my moms places and hung out with my baby niece.

Mr.Jenkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #753 on: July 24, 2022, 02:31:54 AM »
A friend wanted to go to this spot downtown close where I live yesterday, and when I drove up to it i noticed a bunch a skater sessioning a nearby spot, and the spot I was going to was a bit further so I had to pass by them, and when I got close I realised it was the Sour team and a few local skaters, so I stopped and joined them and called my friend over.

I know a bunch of them, growing up riding for Junkyard who started Sweet which became Sour - and I also was Josefs skate teacher when he was in the skateboard gymnasium (we are from the same town) and I know himfrom growing up as a local kid in the park as well. There was a also Simon Hallberg who rides for Polar and Fille, who rides for WKND. They where filming with Fritte for his new stuff.

Spent a few hours with them skating flat while one of the guys was trying to get a tricks. Watching Gustav skate flat is surreal - so way above anyone else. They are staying in my hometown the rest of the weekend and then gonna be at this DIY thats a few minutes from my house that has a contest on saturday,so probably gonna run into them again.

Unexpected session for sure :D 

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #754 on: July 24, 2022, 08:15:49 AM »
Drove an hour to the park, got there at 615am. Heels were on fire from the start (heel spurs and plantar fac are not fun) Skated like shit. Tried to flip my board after I was already tired. Nothing was working and everything was hurting. Sweat non-stop for about an hour and a half. Drank almost a gallon of water and didn’t piss. Slammed hard right at the end of the session, mostly because I was tired.
Was better than being at work though.
Went to a new local shop afterwards, the guys that run it are cool.
Going to skate some curbs today.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #755 on: July 24, 2022, 01:13:30 PM »
Did a four flip trick line, first go, and first tricks of the session.

That's a rare occurence these days, typically no one was around to witness this once in a blue moon event.

Then it took me like 20 mins to land a half cab flip which i normally have down within a couple tries... consistently inconsistent as per usual. Then I got into doing some fakie BS 360 ollies, never usually do them but got a couple quite satisfying ones down with minimal reverting.

Very tired legs from my mammoth tre flip sessions earlier in the week, my quad in my popping leg is deffo sore.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #756 on: July 25, 2022, 10:18:46 AM »
I did a kickflip without wearing my knee brace last session and it really kinda bummed me out. It felt so nice and natural without my movement being restricted by the brace, but I can't get past the mental block of actually skating without it because I'm really afraid of re-injury.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -61
« Reply #757 on: July 25, 2022, 11:28:05 AM »
I did a kickflip without wearing my knee brace last session and it really kinda bummed me out. It felt so nice and natural without my movement being restricted by the brace, but I can't get past the mental block of actually skating without it because I'm really afraid of re-injury.

How long have you been skating with a brace? I have some kind of developmental or genetic issue where my kneecaps just fucking love popping out of the socket. Happened to me about 3 or 4 times to each knee over the last few decades of skating. I wear braces on both knees now for years and I absolutely can't skate without them, I feel naked and vulnerable without them. Maybe some more time acclimating to them will help?

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #758 on: July 25, 2022, 03:31:15 PM »
Also bs 180ed a 3 stair which I haven’t done in 10 years at least.

Awesome. Bet that felt great

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #759 on: July 26, 2022, 08:20:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How long have you been skating with a brace? I have some kind of developmental or genetic issue where my kneecaps just fucking love popping out of the socket. Happened to me about 3 or 4 times to each knee over the last few decades of skating. I wear braces on both knees now for years and I absolutely can't skate without them, I feel naked and vulnerable without them. Maybe some more time acclimating to them will help?

It's been about 2 years now. It's funny, I injured it while wearing it once on a careless bail of a hippy jump (of all things), so it's not like it makes the joint invincible. I definitely feel safer and more confident with it on, but now I can't help but wonder if my kickflips would all feel that good without the brace. I know for sure I'd rather feel stable in doing everything else, but man... that kickflip...
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

SwitchBigspinflipBoneless

• Rep: 7
« Reply #760 on: July 27, 2022, 05:34:44 AM »
Had 2 weeks off to let an ankle injury rest. Met a mate and went to a skatepark we both really enjoy, but its 50/50 whether its going to be a great session or filled with 50 scooter kids. Ended up being the first and basically had the place to ourselves.

Was worried was going to be a bit rusty but everything clicked straight away. Did a bunch of tricks and then started to mess around with some new ones. Couple of locals showed up and had a really good session all together trying some fun dumb stuff like tail stall shuv to tail on a quarter.

Last run before having to leave got a mini ramp run with like 3 new tricks, fs disaster backside revert, 180 no comply disaster, and fakie 5-0 grind in forward.  Left straight after that and bombed a hill to perfectly time our bus.

Mate set up a whatsapp group with the locals we met and going to skate with them again tomorrow. Proper feel good session, made all the better because it could have gone the other way and been 2 hours of feeling sketchy on my board and struggling with basics

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #761 on: July 27, 2022, 05:47:27 AM »
After 6 years of being in this city I finally hit the tall 20 feet long curved ledge the manual pad at the skatepark; landed a nice noseslide. At least 40 tries till the make and ate shit 2-3 times.

Next weekend I'll bigspin out of that sucker

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #762 on: July 29, 2022, 03:12:51 PM »
Bought some Ace Af-1 44s, rolled up to the spot (school several hours outside of regular time) , get out of my car and grab my board, a side door opens and someone says "nope, not today!"

Went home and did laundry before my wife came home.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #763 on: July 29, 2022, 11:43:43 PM »
Last sesh was in my dreams. I rolled up and broke a hanger, then I woke up.

I rarely remember my dreams but I still know that it was an interesting set up to say the least, the wheels somehow covered the whole length of the truck, they were orange and thick.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #764 on: July 30, 2022, 03:28:03 PM »
Showed up at my local DIY today a day there was about 15 dudes over 30, Kristin Svitak and friends, good session
Cocteau Twins

Mr.Jenkins

« Reply #765 on: July 31, 2022, 03:02:44 AM »
Skated my local DIY yesterday, We held our second anual event there (first one after we got a permit) - bunch of Sour dudes showed up and skated. Made an edit of it, sorry you have to watch me push to it first though 😅

Great day though!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cgq4mYIjMiI

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #766 on: July 31, 2022, 03:25:19 AM »
Trick tip thread for 5050 back no comply out + @cosmicgypsies example https://imgur.com/a/p4SkgkZ got me inspired/jealous like hey I used to do that trick I'm gonna relearn it. Morning session parks a bit wet, maybe 4th try max put my foot down to no comply on the edge of the ledge but slip so my heel hits the ground while my toes are pressed against the side of the ledge, big hot pocket, didn't even fall over or anything prob didn't look like anything happened if somebody saw it. Go home now hours later weird pain down the front of my shin and can't seem to lift my big toe. That's what you get for trying copy someone.

Mr.Jenkins

« Reply #767 on: July 31, 2022, 11:21:39 AM »
Skated my local DIY yesterday, We held our second anual event there (first one after we got a permit) - bunch of Sour dudes showed up and skated. Made an edit of it, sorry you have to watch me push to it first though 😅

Great day though!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cgq4mYIjMiI

Just watch this edit instead. Great day!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cgr4qEpI8ZT

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #768 on: August 01, 2022, 12:54:35 AM »
Had a fun lill session yesterday evening.
I just wanted to break in my new shoes so I sticked to my basics. Everything worked kinda good.
Then the park suddenly was flooded with lill kids and parents on inline skates. I tried to zigzag between them but it went from fun to frustration.
I rolled back to my backpack and in-between i pop a FS shuv, landing primo. I fly forward hitting the concrete with my fist between my rips and the ground..
Today I feel awful. Not sure if they are broken or bruised.
Gonna have a scan later..
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #769 on: August 01, 2022, 05:48:31 AM »
After 6 years of being in this city I finally hit the tall 20 feet long curved ledge the manual pad at the skatepark; landed a nice noseslide. At least 40 tries till the make and ate shit 2-3 times.

Next weekend I'll bigspin out of that sucker

update on my own post:

Couldn't skate this weekend, being a dad got in the way, bigspin out still waiting
Also last friday had a medical check cause of work, everything good except I'm in my heaviest weight ever and somehow haven´t lose tricks...yet

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #770 on: August 01, 2022, 06:00:36 AM »
I have worked on a line for a month. Got one clip early on but was not fully satisfied and wanted to clean it up.  But instead of coming closer I got worse and worse so I called it quits today. Somehow it sucks to surrender but I feel like it’s time to move on. I have to change my board anyway and then need to break it in. Maybe I‘ll come back one day to finish the job.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

steezenking

• Rep: 12
« Reply #771 on: August 01, 2022, 06:24:41 AM »
Hurt my ankle a bit landing the trick, which is kinda funny.

I also broke my own superstitious rule and refilmed the trick, which ended up with me hurting myself. Should have just taken the first land lol.

adumb

• Rep: -5
« Reply #772 on: August 01, 2022, 08:16:37 AM »
Slappy Sunday Funday! But turned into day drinking because it was too hot by like 11 AM.

Got smoked trying to switch 50 the ride-on rainbow rail at the DIY.
Got even more smoked hitting the Zions Bank curbs.

Got totally smoked at bar. Ate $20 worth of Del Taco. Tummy hurts today.

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #773 on: August 01, 2022, 12:53:13 PM »
I heel bruised, it was six weeks ago, and I only just started walking on my heel again two weeks ago..

Skating sucks!
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

tonitonne

« Reply #774 on: August 01, 2022, 01:01:26 PM »
Haven't skated much recently got out yesterday though. I gotta be the only few people in the world doing nollie front boards on ledges lol.

Chris

• Rep: 9
« Reply #775 on: August 01, 2022, 01:02:26 PM »
I heel bruised, it was six weeks ago, and I only just started walking on my heel again two weeks ago..

Skating sucks!

Fuck. I had a very positive skate session on Saturday but midway ended up heeling the pavement hard. Continued skating through it but now im tippy toeing and got a bruise low ankle/heel visible.

Google doctor got me with a possible bone bruise and your time frame sounds like what I had heard. Skating man.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #776 on: August 01, 2022, 05:45:05 PM »
I mashed across town just now.

It was glorious. I did some tricks into the hill some tourists flimed a hill bomb. No one asked if I wanted to see and I did but whatever.

I picked up the trash at my spot. The town workers saw me and smiled.

Everyone loves me I’m stoke skateboarding is ok to do in public now.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #777 on: August 01, 2022, 05:52:24 PM »
Someone brought the replica of the curved metal ledge that AVE switch bs noseblunt to the Hb Rec Park. Its a lot higher and longer than I realized. I was trying to front hurricane it but couldn't really get on it. The sesh was still fun cuz Vincent Milou rolled up and some dude told him he should kickflip front tail it and he gave him a funny look. I want to go back and get that trick.

Kumiko

• Rep: 54
« Reply #778 on: August 01, 2022, 05:55:39 PM »
Yesterday I rode my bike to the park at about 7:00 in the morning. There was fortunately only one other person there. They were friendly, but I cannot easily interact with other people so we just stayed at opposite ends, doing our own thing. I've skated less than 10 times the past 3 years so I'm just tryna relearn basics and get a sense of confidence and comfort on the board again so I mostly just did front boards and 50-50s on this curb section for about an hour and a half. It was fun and I was skating faster, sliding longer, and rolling out of them by the time I started getting a bit tired. Hopefully I can make it into a bit of a routine.
i love skateboarding all the time, but sometimes i wish i was one of those douchebags who hangs out with hot girls and parties every week

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 264
« Reply #779 on: August 02, 2022, 06:46:23 AM »
working on this maneuver

Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker