Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 62239 times)

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #780 on: August 02, 2022, 07:49:38 AM »
a few krrrrrss and one or two crack-skkkssss

FUBAR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #781 on: August 04, 2022, 02:45:03 AM »
Went to a new park at 6am. Picked up a ton of trash left over from the night crew. Laughed at the doubled sided curb feature that is 3” high and made from ultra flakey concrete. Made some new friends. Skated like shit. Standard session for me.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #782 on: August 04, 2022, 07:39:18 AM »
I saw a ghost or something.
I was hauling ass through town coming back from the store. I had a small jug o milk and candy bars.

Suddenly I saw a flash of colours. It was pink then green. Like a sliver of light. It was similar to a baseball card hologram.

Then it was gone. I focused in on the bench and I saw a pack of cigarettes. Marlboro 27s.
I said I wonder. I walked up and that shit was full.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #783 on: August 05, 2022, 11:36:48 PM »
Today's session started off fun, but there are like there are about 6 dudes who frequent the park who are complete fucking ass-hats. I'd guess they're anywhere from twenty-two to mid-30s. They are too old to skate the park in such a shitty manner.

They skate like 8 years olds who haven't learned the rules of the park. But instead of it being from not knowing better, they seem to think the rules don't apply to them. This seems really common among dudes who were slightly better than I was at my peak.

One dude tonight was trying a few runs, but he'd missed a trick and instead of being like, "Welp, that sucks my turn is over," he'd snake everyone and started again immediately.

The same dude would miss his manual trick, hit the ramp behind the manual pad (knowing there were people queuing up to skate the manual pad from direction he had first tried to skate it), and then just try again going against traffic not giving a fuck if he ran into someone else.

One dude, seems to think the park being crowded gives him an excuse to never wait for his turn. Just snake everyone and skate the entire park even though everyone else skates as if it was divided into fourths when it is packed. There are a few people who can skate the whole park but they go out of their way to find breaks in the traffic rather than just plowing over people.

The same dude as a above sees a little kid being a little kid and one of the dudes who is nice and is fucking amazing, supporting the kid being a kid, so he decides to power slide at the kid to scare him and make sure everyone knows, even though it wasn't even his turn, he was upset he wasn't able to skate where the kid was standing.

These people make the session miserable as there is no escaping them. They completely change the vibe. It goes from fun to cool-guy miserable as soon as they show up.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 11:47:11 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #784 on: August 06, 2022, 01:55:27 AM »
Pretty short. Started to rain. But it was forecasted anyway and I managed to do what I wanted to, so it was all good.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #785 on: August 06, 2022, 03:01:58 AM »
Today's session started off fun, but there are like there are about 6 dudes who frequent the park who are complete fucking ass-hats. I'd guess they're anywhere from twenty-two to mid-30s. They are too old to skate the park in such a shitty manner.

They skate like 8 years olds who haven't learned the rules of the park. But instead of it being from not knowing better, they seem to think the rules don't apply to them. This seems really common among dudes who were slightly better than I was at my peak.

One dude tonight was trying a few runs, but he'd missed a trick and instead of being like, "Welp, that sucks my turn is over," he'd snake everyone and started again immediately.

The same dude would miss his manual trick, hit the ramp behind the manual pad (knowing there were people queuing up to skate the manual pad from direction he had first tried to skate it), and then just try again going against traffic not giving a fuck if he ran into someone else.

One dude, seems to think the park being crowded gives him an excuse to never wait for his turn. Just snake everyone and skate the entire park even though everyone else skates as if it was divided into fourths when it is packed. There are a few people who can skate the whole park but they go out of their way to find breaks in the traffic rather than just plowing over people.

The same dude as a above sees a little kid being a little kid and one of the dudes who is nice and is fucking amazing, supporting the kid being a kid, so he decides to power slide at the kid to scare him and make sure everyone knows, even though it wasn't even his turn, he was upset he wasn't able to skate where the kid was standing.

These people make the session miserable as there is no escaping them. They completely change the vibe. It goes from fun to cool-guy miserable as soon as they show up.

Sounds like typical skatepark "hero" behaviour. And yes, that is always a fun killer. And also, aren't they a bit too old, to act like that? Did you went skating somewhere else then? Anyone know a good way to deal with those kinda people?
IG: @flowterspace

SwitchBigspinflipBoneless

• Rep: 7
« Reply #786 on: August 06, 2022, 03:14:57 AM »
Went to my local and mainly skated flat.  Felt good to practice the basics.  Did a couple Varial flips and got real close to tre flips, need to try them more to get them consistent.  Feeling real comfortable with the scoop and landing now.

Started a session on the ledge but Rollerbladers have waxed it so much its a death trap, that died pretty quick. 

One of the local skate rats' axle nut came off with no thread just as he was getting close to some new tricks. He was super bummed so I ran home and got him a spare from the drawer.  He was super hyped &  grateful. Reminded me of being super young and broke,  where a broken bearing or Deck would mean no skating until you saved for a new whatever.

Ended by learning front shove and switch front shove on a bank,  not nearly as scary as thought.  All those years of getting letters on them in skate could have been solved with 20 mins of actual effort lol. 

A good casual session.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #787 on: August 06, 2022, 07:13:23 AM »
Broke in my new wheels and bearings, Spitfire Lil Smokies 48 and Swiss 6 Balls. Before that I rode Bones 100s down at 46 and regular Swiss. This is like day and night, I am so much faster. Lock in on grinds is better as well. The real test stands before tho, tomorrow I‘ll take them to the slappy curb.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #788 on: August 06, 2022, 09:21:31 AM »

One of my favorite park spots I got to skate in Australia had a sick street plaza and there was a youngish teenish guy that thought he didn't have to follow the rules and be a dick. Older skaters confronted him about his dick behavior and decided he needed to be ejected after he didn't heed their warning. I wish this would happen where needed elsewhere for clowns you described.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #789 on: August 24, 2022, 05:13:30 PM »
i had an amazing session today. it appears someone scraped and burned all the wax off the whole park!!!!!!! i took advantage of the metal edge curb. i havent done front 5oh in like months and months. im a back 5oh guy. i locked in so perf every try. i kept casing the pop out but it was beautiful feeling. i did all the rocks. all the nose slides and board slides on the flat bar. i did a really nice cab up the bank to flat because theres no euro.

thats my trick for sure. i fucking love it. i wish i could cab flip still. landing upside down or primo on those can be deadly to the ankles at my age. i did a few imps and atempted my old favorite trick. big flip. im on a 15" wb rn with v hollows and 58mm wheels. i could not get all the way around. was like 270 or full board rotation with 90 body one foot down. there was this kid i see sometimes. he inspired me to do so

im going out to practice them tomorrow maybe but on the PMI M1. i feel like i want that trick back. they was always easier for me to do nicely than tre or backside flips. i def want them back.

today was good tomorrow will be even better. maybe even tonight.

also i found out Duane lost a gig. that makes me giggle inside. wanna threaten my people? Burning a KFJ board dr do not see? hahaha asshole. punks arent antisemitic dog. maybe that flys in new romantic shit but not at skater con or PRB dood. oh man i giggle.

thank you cab. ilu and your trick.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 05:41:48 PM by Uncle Flea »
(A)pl(E)

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #790 on: August 24, 2022, 05:29:03 PM »
I skated well for an hour, then I ate shit while doing something uninteresting. It was great. Goose eggs! Goose eggs for all!
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #791 on: August 25, 2022, 09:10:11 AM »
landed reg heelflips again after years. it was sick.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #792 on: August 25, 2022, 09:29:55 AM »
Yesterday, I was in a bowl and was going fast into a backside grind on a 5-6ft section, stuck on the grind, flew to flat on my back, hit my head (thank you, helmets) and am now feeling whip lash this morning.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #793 on: August 25, 2022, 03:24:24 PM »
Went to the only decent flat ground spot in town. Did a bunch of shitty kickflips and maybe 1-2 acceptable ones. Was trying to get some decent snap on my pop shoves or at least get some kind of dollar store version of Josh Kalis' first one in the Heavy Metal video, but naw, I'm just an awkward stiff-legged lanky ogre.

Moved on to fs nose on the too high for me benches. I was at least trying them at a decent speed and starting from the beginning of the short benches. Almost got a decent one but landed in a tail scrape. Then one where I nearly did the splits, with my front foot still on the board and my back foot sliding for 4 feet on the inside edge of my shoe, which left some ridiculous wear marks. Then finally slipped and fell on my lower back where I already have a sizeable bruise and gave up and went home defeated.

Was still fun though!

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #794 on: August 25, 2022, 03:39:09 PM »
Found a lill slappy curb on a parking lot I wanted to break in. There are lights so I went out on a night mission .
I spent a good amount of time with a rubbrick and a ton of wax. First try, coming in with speed and in that moment the lights go dark. I pinched hard and landed in the bush.
So.. yeah shit happens.
Spent the rest of the night on a different flatground spot.
Killed my new shoes and went home .
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #795 on: September 05, 2022, 12:45:12 AM »
finally managed to land proper and balanced nollie bs nosegrinds, both popping out and going til the end of the ledge.
also, i think i might have (re-)learned varial heelflips, kind of. last sessions have been quite good i guess.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #796 on: September 05, 2022, 01:58:06 AM »
Can we post about future sessions here? I've had a knee injury that more or less kept me off the board for 3-4 years, but it's finally getting better (because I decided to consistently go to the gym), so I'm buying a new board today or tomorrow - pretty stoked on that!

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #797 on: September 05, 2022, 06:59:47 AM »
Got to the park as the morning old guy crew was leaving…and another old guy crew replaced them. It was a blast. Crazy seeing a park packed at 7am but if its mostly old heads like me, its cool.
Tried a bunch of kickflips. Worked on fakie ollies over the a frame at speed. Had fun.

Dongy mcdongerton

• Rep: 0
« Reply #798 on: September 05, 2022, 07:25:12 AM »
Did some slash grinds and some of those fake nollies over the a frame because I’m pretty epic and cool. Some teenagers boxed in the bottom of the bowl with boxing gloves on for a while. This one kid got mad at this other kid for “stealing his style”. They were both wearing big ass pants and t shirts, like every other teenager at the park.

I left and got some qdoba and it was still better than chipotle.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #799 on: September 05, 2022, 08:09:49 AM »
Back to back half cab flip and half cab heels first try.

Might just quit skating now and end on a high.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #800 on: September 05, 2022, 10:32:07 AM »
One of my favorite park spots I got to skate in Australia had a sick street plaza and there was a youngish teenish guy that thought he didn't have to follow the rules and be a dick. Older skaters confronted him about his dick behavior and decided he needed to be ejected after he didn't heed their warning. I wish this would happen where needed elsewhere for clowns you described.

Sadly, the worst offender is really good, so that comes with a fan club that seems to look the other way and he gets a nod of approval from an older dude who rips. It honestly really bums me out. I know as soon as he shows up my session is over.

This has always been my least favorite thing about skateboarding. It reminds me of regular sports: "Oh, you're not very good. Time for you sit on the bench and watch the good people skate."

But, to end with a good story. I saw McCrank the other day. I was struggling with an embarrassingly easy trick. McCrank let me take my turn when it was my turn and even gave me a little "woo" when I got this insanely basic trick. He makes it really easy to want to support him.

Note: It is amazing how much basic park decency can mean to others. I remember Wade DesArmo kicked my board back to me an DunBat and that's all it took for me to back him. Ernie Torres waved hello when we saw each other at a park that neither of us frequented very often. I've backed him ever since. Small gestures go a long way. And, the opposite means a lot too. I've written of a few "core" shops because the workers or local riders act like complete dildos.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #801 on: September 05, 2022, 10:39:58 AM »
Finally learned the secret to proper FS pop-shuvs then tweaked my lower back. 

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #802 on: September 05, 2022, 11:00:54 AM »
Finally learned the secret to proper FS pop-shuvs then tweaked my lower back.

Teach me- I can only do the ones where you travel sideways, plenty of pop amd height but I move back loads.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #803 on: September 05, 2022, 11:55:41 AM »
A buddy texted me yesterday morning that he was hitting up the park across the street from my house. It was 104 degrees outside at 10am and I had planned on taking the day off to let my legs recover. I found myself pushing over there 20 minutes after declining the session and skated for an hour and a half
fuck you bama

wahwahwah

• Rep: -2
« Reply #804 on: September 05, 2022, 02:10:42 PM »
skated alone for like 6 hours was amazing made me feel much better
Sipe nousee sisään,
Niin nousee herkkokin.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #805 on: September 05, 2022, 02:45:30 PM »
Had a nice solo slappy sesh on Sunday morning with a bs crook to regular as the highlight. Was exhausted after one hour and had trouble breathing in the night. Checked into the ER today, turns out my lung has collapsed once again and now I am laying in the hospital with a tube in the lung.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #806 on: September 05, 2022, 04:04:32 PM »
I found the perfect flat Manny pad. Before I found it I was skating barriers in front of a bar. Some lady who was hammered AF said to me

You're going to get run over. I looked around quick and said where. She laughed and said You ARE going to get run over.

I kinda lost my shit a little. I yelled at her to shut the fuck up! 2-6x and then I mashed into the barrier and did a really good one and stomped it down while brandish duel middle fingers all crouched and shit.

Then I followed up with a beast imp and also stomped the shit out of it.

I got a few more moved on after doing a very nice cab. Went and found the pad.

I felt a little bad but not so much. They wasn't scared or anything. I just threw a little bit of poo at her and entourage.
(A)pl(E)

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 264
« Reply #807 on: September 05, 2022, 04:33:36 PM »
Looked like this but older

http://youtu.be/nKaUV9m2ZRg
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #808 on: September 05, 2022, 05:33:14 PM »
Had a dream last night that I could do tre flips very casually again… decided to try and skate some flat to see if it could be  a reality. Did a few warm up tricks on flat, got a nice heelflip, which I’m stoked on because I suck at them. Didn’t get a real casual tre flip but I did manage to get a decent one after wayyyy too many tries… I’m less than mad about it.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #809 on: September 05, 2022, 05:41:47 PM »
Had a dream last night that I could do tre flips very casually again… decided to try and skate some flat to see if it could be  a reality. Did a few warm up tricks on flat, got a nice heelflip, which I’m stoked on because I suck at them. Didn’t get a real casual tre flip but I did manage to get a decent one after wayyyy too many tries… I’m less than mad about it.

Gnar
(A)pl(E)