Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 62209 times)

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1050 on: March 13, 2023, 09:57:05 PM »
I had a great two hour long session at the local curb plaza(popular parking lot) today. Lots of flip tricks were working out for me, even the ones I rarely land anymore. I had also spent an hour and a half in the gym doing leg exercises and ripping the stair climber beforehand, so it was a surprise that I was able to skate the way I did
fuck you bama

Gab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #1051 on: March 14, 2023, 12:24:07 AM »
Feeling under the weather with bad allergies and a throat canker soar (fuckin sucks), but it was dry enough and I had my 10” dead Dave with big softy’s on it. Did a few slappies and then went to another curb spot where I was having a rough time doing Slappy feebles cause the wheels were too soft, eventually got it and the screech of the wheels was so satisfying. Session before that I landed a fs flip first try after failing a kickflip, second sesh that’s happened. I was stoked cause I suck and my fs flips are really duxking unorthodox. My homie describes them as “chaotic”.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1052 on: March 14, 2023, 03:32:23 AM »
I am having a cold for 6 weeks now. Physically und mentally I don't feel that good. Wasn't really a session but sunday I took my cruiser and went bombing some (mellow) hills, ollie ing up and down curbs, over manhole covers and just pushing my ass off.

The best 2 hours I had in the last few weeks. I was totally exhausted after that and fell asleep on my couch.

Sitting at my doctor now and they did a lotta tests. Pee in a cup, steal my blood, cables on my heart and all that shit.
IG: @flowterspace

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1053 on: March 14, 2023, 04:27:21 AM »
I had a session last Sunday and I meet the locals after a couple months. They asked me about my son since they weren't interested on me :P I was doing some heelflips, FS halfcab heelflip, manual shove it out... I didn't slam or anything but the next day my left knee was purple... and still is.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #1054 on: March 14, 2023, 05:33:33 AM »
I found a new pain of being old. Not falling when you should just tuck and roll. Didn't fall yesterday but caught myself weird on some bails and pulled my back a lil
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #1055 on: March 14, 2023, 06:23:52 AM »
I found a new pain of being old. Not falling when you should just tuck and roll. Didn't fall yesterday but caught myself weird on some bails and pulled my back a lil

honestly underrated advice. A couple months ago I reluctantly skated an indoor park and buckled my knee trying to save myself from slipping on a way too slick bank. Would have been way better to just take the slam.

Tommy G

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1056 on: March 14, 2023, 07:52:26 AM »
I got dinner done at a decent time so I ate and found a random flatground spot up the road. I used the white painted stripe as a waypoint to practice my tricks. I'm finally getting decent bs 180's and landed a couple of kickflips over the stripe before I left. Felt good especially with the weather being cooler than usual.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1057 on: March 14, 2023, 08:04:09 AM »
I'd rather not

Terminal

« Reply #1058 on: March 14, 2023, 08:28:58 AM »
I'd rather not
Damn, sorry Boomer. Mine was good, best fs feeble and fs rock done in a while. Working my way up to fs slashers to fakie again, miss that trick a lot. Last one was around 2002.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #1059 on: March 14, 2023, 09:34:01 AM »
Randomly found my fakie bigflips somewhere in the bottom of the bag, hadn't done them for a couple years at least.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1060 on: March 14, 2023, 10:03:48 AM »
thought i figured out regular inward heels for a sec. after a solid 45 minutes of trying them I realized I had not figured them out.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #1061 on: March 14, 2023, 11:03:38 AM »
It's beautiful spring weather. I write in the group chat if anybody wants to go skate. The homie who moved to a different town is down. Just as I'm about to take off, it lightly starts to snow. I call the homie to cancel. 20 minutes later or so everything is dry. I've got a store in center I need to pass by, so I bring my board, thinking I might get some skating done anyway. On my way down town, light snow starts again. I get to the store and spent some time swapping a the present I gave my mom for her birthday. As I exit the store, it's dry again. I go to the skatepark, there's a scooter kid there, who always talks a lot. Today's no different. A few minutes later, you guessed, it's starts snowing again. All I get is a few figure-8 carving the corners of the park.. then I head home.
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

switchfakie

« Reply #1062 on: March 14, 2023, 02:31:39 PM »
made an edit

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #1063 on: March 14, 2023, 11:54:23 PM »
it was windy and some spray rain was coming into our local park under a bridge. but i managed to land a couple of nollie backside lipslides on the flatbar, a trick that i have never ever tried before. quite scary at first but once you figure out how to get on the rail safely, that you have to nollie straight first and then turn over the rail, the trick seems way less scary.

Tommy G

« Reply #1064 on: March 15, 2023, 07:28:44 AM »
I've been getting allergy related migraines for the past week and it ended my session way too early. Did a few shuvs and 180's but had to cut it short since my head was throbbing.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #1065 on: March 15, 2023, 10:19:03 AM »
I had a celebratory session because I restarted to skate exactly 3 years ago on 15 March 2020 after 20 years hiatus. Stoked and happy that I am still at it and have made good progress to think 3 years ago I didn't even know if I would still be able to ollie up a curb.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #1066 on: March 15, 2023, 02:39:23 PM »
I had a celebratory session because I restarted to skate exactly 3 years ago on 15 March 2020 after 20 years hiatus. Stoked and happy that I am still at it and have made good progress to think 3 years ago I didn't even know if I would still be able to ollie up a curb.
Awesome mate! I can relate to this. I started again May 2019, also after a 18 year hiatus. So I gonna celebrate 4 years back in the game and my 40th birthday in May.

My session today was kinda okish. I went to the indoor again because snow came back.  Some new things in the mini today. Bs Feeble to fakie, Fs Disaster and I came close to FS Smiths. Took me way to long to BS 180 the euro gap but tre flipped it 1st try. Also worked on my manuals. Did a halfcab manual and worked on halfcab manual bs 180 out but no luck.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

mfweeno

• Rep: 27
« Reply #1067 on: March 17, 2023, 08:10:49 AM »
Had a nice pre-work AM session at the usual local park 15~ minutes from my place.

Worked on some ledge basics to warm up, culminating with a crook shuv out which is a recent new learn.

This particular park is kind of tiny, but super fun for solo sessions. The park's central element is an a-frame in the center of the park that leads to a mellow 5-6 ft quarter with pool coping. Lots of fun lines with that set up - I usually end my session with a few lines there to get my simpler tricks more consistent. Today's line was kickflip the a-frame, feeble fakie the quarter, switch front 180 the a-frame.

Tommy G

« Reply #1068 on: March 17, 2023, 08:48:59 AM »
Went to my local after a shit day at work to get my mind off things. There were a shit ton of kids running around with scooters and hoverboards so I basically kept to myself in the street section and practiced some flatground for a bit. Got my regular shuvs and kickflips in (finally got my weight distribution right). While the kids were in the banks I decided to work on switch front shuvs since I hardly ever do them. After about 30 minutes I landed 2 good ones in a row and got them on my phone. Felt a little disoriented after doing a switch trick for so long so I decided to call it at that. Pretty good end to the day.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1069 on: March 17, 2023, 09:49:42 AM »
I had a nice session, landed a kickflip, heelflip and fakie heel in a row and first try. They were not beautiful but good enough to move on to the ledge section. Got my ledge tricks quickly and in particular my first back 5-0 on this low-ish ledge I've been practicing for a while. To top it off I got a nice manny on a manny pad that was also a first for me. After 30 minutes I had achieved all my goals and headed back home, stoked.
why come?

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #1070 on: March 17, 2023, 11:18:08 AM »
Yesterday I finally learned how to get out of slappy crooks. Landed a couple really good kick flips and a really nice fakie flip which i haven’t done a decent one in forever. Almost got a switch varial heel. And my nollie game was strong. Now it’s raining all day in the south and all I wanted to do was go get some more

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 90
« Reply #1071 on: March 17, 2023, 11:39:10 AM »
Bombed some “hills” and went to go skate my favororite jersey barrier but it was gone

OneMore

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1072 on: March 17, 2023, 11:43:38 AM »
I tried some new tricks, they didn't work. But I'm pretty sure I'll do em today.

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #1073 on: March 18, 2023, 01:36:11 AM »
Had been skating twice in 6 weeks of because of bad weather, being sick most of the time, and having sick kids and partner at home. I was really getting uncomfortable on the inside, grumpy on the outside as the days passed without a session. Fuck this winter for real!
But then I have been out for lunch sessions twice in the last two days at the local diy with the best homie. Landed some stuff I am happy with and just flowed around. Regaining that feeling of being comfortable on the board will never get old... might even go a third day in a row today. Not sure how my old feet will react but fuck it, need to make up for the time of the board this year. 
Enjoy your weekend everyone, hope your all having great sessions.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #1074 on: March 18, 2023, 01:59:03 AM »
Got out skating a few times this week. Learned frontside flips the other day then varial flips today oddly enough. Never really thought to try that trick but it's fun and they look sort of okay I think. I can at least catch them with my front foot sometimes.

I should work on bs flips next time I go out and nut up to get that round bar 5050 finally...

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1075 on: March 18, 2023, 02:48:05 AM »
Got out skating a few times this week. Learned frontside flips the other day then varial flips today oddly enough. Never really thought to try that trick but it's fun and they look sort of okay I think. I can at least catch them with my front foot sometimes.

I should work on bs flips next time I go out and nut up to get that round bar 5050 finally...

Wow, that's quite an achievement! I had fs flips on lock in the 90s, they were my signature trick. I could even do them over pyramid or out of kickers. I haven't come close since my comeback, as a matter of fact it's one of the last tricks that I have not relearned (yet).

Anyway, got a great bank session today. Then I ollied a three stair. Crazy how high a three stair seems when you actually skate it. I want to kickflip it so badly but when I roll up it feels like El Toro... got a nice hillbomb on a winded path tho.
why come?

vinithebr

• Rep: -25
« Reply #1076 on: March 19, 2023, 01:03:37 AM »
Aimed for a deep and bent boardslide to get into a bs feeble first try, grinded a good portion of the rail too. It felt great so I tried a couple more times just to realize it was luck.
I didn't slam but some sketchy attempts screwed with my confidence on subsequent tries.

I'm able to hold crooks a lot better now, but exiting is still bad, half the time it just rolls off to the ground.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 08:36:22 AM by vinithebr »

Terminal

« Reply #1077 on: March 19, 2023, 02:03:58 AM »
Quick session yesterday but productive. Started working on getting rewind grinds back and nearly ready to commit to some fs slashers to fake.

Two send-it Steve's provided the in flight entertainment for the session...

mfweeno

• Rep: 27
« Reply #1078 on: March 20, 2023, 09:36:10 AM »
Woke up feeling some back tightness from weekend activities, but still tried to get in what I could at the local this morning.

Took a while to warm up and ended up mostly skating the ledge. Practiced front tails, got a few to regular after sliding most of them out to fakie. Ended up getting one in a line - tailslide to regular, pump fakie quarterpipe, fakie noseslide to fakie. Not the greatest sesh, but still reasonably "productive".

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #1079 on: March 20, 2023, 10:05:50 AM »
Tried to get a mid-day session on Saturday around 1 PM but the sun was just way too harsh. Skated for about half an hour before throwing in the towel. It started getting cloudy around 5 PM so I decided to make my way to the park again. I don't know about you guys, but I really enjoy skating when its overcast out. I get insane madness when I'm skating when the sun is blaring down on me because I feel like it makes my board feel like cardboard. But anyways, I show up at the park and one of the older locals was there skating flatground. We always have good flatground sessions because we both have tricks that the other wishes they had. He helped me learn fakie hardflips and I ended up landing one of the best switch bs flips that I've ever done. Also helped him learn switch front 360s. Very productive and fulfilling session.