Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 62165 times)

I_Respect_Wood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1080 on: March 20, 2023, 01:18:16 PM »
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1081 on: March 20, 2023, 02:04:32 PM »
Sunday morning, it was stormy and rained. Went to the Ikea parking lot with a homie. Then the sun came out and the ground got dry fast. So we skated outside. Got 3 clips from a fs 180 out of a bump over a small trash can. First real session after 5 weeks and it was nice to be out there again.
IG: @flowterspace

OneMore

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1082 on: March 20, 2023, 02:29:26 PM »
I sized down overall, learned a couple tricks in the process. You should do it too.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #1083 on: March 22, 2023, 11:35:22 AM »
Today was the warmest day this year so far and I managed to squeeze a sesh between a meeting and a telco in the afternoon under the nice Spring sun. Got my first lipslide ever on a low flatbar. I‘ve been working on this for some time.

Also my deck is super used to the point it is disintegrating and razortailing on both ends (twin tail) but I do my most consistent skating ever on it so I dread the day when I will have to eventually retire it.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1084 on: March 22, 2023, 12:25:25 PM »
Today was the warmest day this year so far and I managed to squeeze a sesh between a meeting and a telco in the afternoon under the nice Spring sun. Got my first lipslide ever on a low flatbar. I‘ve been working on this for some time.

Also my deck is super used to the point it is disintegrating and razortailing on both ends (twin tail) but I do my most consistent skating ever on it so I dread the day when I will have to eventually retire it.

Its always hard to but those goldilocks bloards down.

On the flip side, I set-up this Black Label 9" Egg/Football the other day, had a little session after work to break it in. I'd been riding the Crail Couch shape, and have found that I absolutely love the short wheel base (13.8 or .9) but getting back to an "average" WB has been good fun. Definitely pros and cons between the lengths.

As for maneuvers, I've been getting lil ~6" tailslides on my go-to QP, which I've never been able to slide before. Getting FS Ollies and airs a little higher. Got more consistent with transferring the "big spine", no-grab. Gives a little bit of a GT-floater kind of feeling.

I also seem to have lost BS 50s on the flatbar... I worked hard to be confident on those and now I'm back to pussy-footing it...

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1085 on: March 22, 2023, 03:16:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Its always hard to but those goldilocks bloards down.

On the flip side, I set-up this Black Label 9" Egg/Football the other day, had a little session after work to break it in. I'd been riding the Crail Couch shape, and have found that I absolutely love the short wheel base (13.8 or .9) but getting back to an "average" WB has been good fun. Definitely pros and cons between the lengths.

As for maneuvers, I've been getting lil ~6" tailslides on my go-to QP, which I've never been able to slide before. Getting FS Ollies and airs a little higher. Got more consistent with transferring the "big spine", no-grab. Gives a little bit of a GT-floater kind of feeling.

I also seem to have lost BS 50s on the flatbar... I worked hard to be confident on those and now I'm back to pussy-footing it...

BS 50 on a flatbar? I already find fs 50s rather gnarly…
why come?

Bill Salt

« Reply #1086 on: March 23, 2023, 05:31:09 AM »
it sucked

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #1087 on: March 23, 2023, 06:32:36 AM »
Went to a park the other day and this guy kept trying to explain Rodney Mullen to people. I was friendly to him at first until he cornered me and explained at great length how he skated Tampa Pro but was disappointed at "all the rookies". This guy could barely even stand on a skateboard, so naturally he seemed visibly puzzled about how nobody was particularly impressed by his story, and  instead there was a super awkward tension because it was obvious he was lying but nobody wanted to say it. 

Then this old guy wandered in with a shaped Powell board. He tried about a trick and a half in the entire two hours he was there, then spent the rest of the time wandering around trying to explain to people how to skateboard. Eventually he teamed up with the Tampa guy and sanctioned off sections of the park to try and teach an unwilling toddler how to skate.

I also slammed pretty good on a bank to ledge.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 06:40:11 AM by pizzafliptofakie »

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #1088 on: March 23, 2023, 08:38:15 AM »

Awesome man, I remember we talked about that a couple of months ago. Good on you for persevering!

Went to a park the other day and this guy kept trying to explain Rodney Mullen to people. I was friendly to him at first until he cornered me and explained at great length how he skated Tampa Pro but was disappointed at "all the rookies". This guy could barely even stand on a skateboard, so naturally he seemed visibly puzzled about how nobody was particularly impressed by his story, and  instead there was a super awkward tension because it was obvious he was lying but nobody wanted to say it. 

Then this old guy wandered in with a shaped Powell board. He tried about a trick and a half in the entire two hours he was there, then spent the rest of the time wandering around trying to explain to people how to skateboard. Eventually he teamed up with the Tampa guy and sanctioned off sections of the park to try and teach an unwilling toddler how to skate.

That would fit really well into the "reasons to cool-guy someone" thread in UWTB.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #1089 on: March 23, 2023, 09:07:09 AM »
Skated last night, landed four nollie 180 switch crook,  was feeling pretty good, drank a few beers with the guys and had chicken and garlic butter noodles for dinner…wish everyday was like that
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1090 on: March 23, 2023, 09:28:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Awesome man, I remember we talked about that a couple of months ago. Good on you for persevering!

Expand Quote

[close]

That would fit really well into the "reasons to cool-guy someone" thread in UWTB.

It's kind of a perfect case study for my idea of "cool-guying" because everyone was reasonably nice to him until he decided to lie to a bunch of strangers and sorta force us to acknowledge that he was really bad at skateboarding.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #1091 on: March 23, 2023, 09:41:07 AM »
^Totally. Not to derail this thread, but some pal has this great signature about how the vast majority of "cool-guyed" people bring it onto themselves. Doesn't sound as funny paraphrased, the original is dead-on though. IMO "cool-guying" is a misnomer in most cases because it's just avoiding to hang out with or talk to someone with subpar social skills. You don't need to be cool to do that.

Tommy G

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1092 on: March 23, 2023, 01:49:24 PM »

Me. Too many responsibilities and last minute sidegigs have sucked up any skate time as of late.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1093 on: March 23, 2023, 03:10:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You‘ve got a good memory my friend and yes, ever since you posted that clip of you lipsliding that bar I wanted to learn it. Hopefully I‘ll be able to get them more consistent, but thanks for the inspiration.
why come?

wahwahwah

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1094 on: March 23, 2023, 03:32:17 PM »
Went downtown alone and bumped into some people I kinda know. Had a good time skating cuz the weather is finnaly good for skating outside (no snow on the ground).
Sipe nousee sisään,
Niin nousee herkkokin.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #1095 on: March 23, 2023, 05:00:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Me. Too many responsibilities and last minute sidegigs have sucked up any skate time as of late.

Bros same boat. I miss it so bad. I’ve had a lot of family shit to do on weekends visiting my family or my wife’s not to mention I got work and a one year old and a house full of animals. My body feels really good though lately so Im excited for my next session no matter how long or short it is.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #1096 on: March 23, 2023, 09:48:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Bros same boat. I miss it so bad. I’ve had a lot of family shit to do on weekends visiting my family or my wife’s not to mention I got work and a one year old and a house full of animals. My body feels really good though lately so Im excited for my next session no matter how long or short it is.

There is something special about those sessions that go down after all that anticipation and excitement builds up. It’ll be worth the wait, trust me.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1097 on: March 23, 2023, 11:10:43 PM »
I went out early and skated from 8 am to around 9, a new experience for me but it‘s nice. However, when I was warmed up and started working on a new trick, a dude I know came up and talked to me, and talked, and talked so that by the time he was done my legs were cold and I had to end the session. Dude is nice but I hate when that happens.
why come?

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1098 on: March 23, 2023, 11:27:29 PM »
I was friendly to him at first until he cornered me and explained at great length how he skated Tampa Pro but was disappointed at "all the rookies". This guy could barely even stand on a skateboard, so naturally he seemed visibly puzzled about how nobody was particularly impressed by his story, and  instead there was a super awkward tension because it was obvious he was lying but nobody wanted to say it.

Do this type of people really exist? How is this possible? :o I mean, it’s not a lie like “Sorry I worked the whole day and I’m tired”. It’s more like a “I did a 1080 after Tony Hawk landed his first 900 but nobody filmed it” lie.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1099 on: March 24, 2023, 05:22:53 AM »
Expand Quote
I was friendly to him at first until he cornered me and explained at great length how he skated Tampa Pro but was disappointed at "all the rookies". This guy could barely even stand on a skateboard, so naturally he seemed visibly puzzled about how nobody was particularly impressed by his story, and  instead there was a super awkward tension because it was obvious he was lying but nobody wanted to say it.
[close]

Do this type of people really exist? How is this possible? :o I mean, it’s not a lie like “Sorry I worked the whole day and I’m tired”. It’s more like a “I did a 1080 after Tony Hawk landed his first 900 but nobody filmed it” lie.

It's super bizarre and it's happened to me a few times. It's almost as if they don't realize that we're in the real world and we can see them.

Last summer I was skating the park with a buddy and this guy who seemed like a beginner came up and started talking to us. He seemed really nice and we were all having a decent conversation until he suddenly drops how he was "about to get on Zero but got hurt before the big video dropped".  It's honestly a bummer because in a weird way it kinda makes you feel like a sucker for just trying to be nice to someone. It wouldn't matter how good they are at skating, but they sorta make it matter.

vinithebr

• Rep: -25
« Reply #1100 on: March 25, 2023, 11:18:41 PM »

Fuck fs rail tricks other than board

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1101 on: March 25, 2023, 11:40:17 PM »

Fuck fs rail tricks other than board

Hard agree. I ain't doin rails frontside. I'm ecstatic if I make a crooked or back 50. No need for the other side...

sry about your finger

vinithebr

« Reply #1102 on: March 26, 2023, 01:07:37 AM »
They said it's likely that I'll need surgery and have wires inserted, which is annoying, recovery time blah blah, at least it's free here
And I'll try to respect rails more from now on even if they're tiny

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1103 on: March 26, 2023, 04:55:55 AM »
They said it's likely that I'll need surgery and have wires inserted, which is annoying, recovery time blah blah, at least it's free here

I hope it's not so bad! Have a fast recover!

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #1104 on: March 26, 2023, 06:20:14 AM »
im getting closer and closer to figuring out tre flips again, i did about 5 shitty ones and 2 sessions before that i did around 5 shitty ones

vinithebr

« Reply #1105 on: March 26, 2023, 06:47:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I hope it's not so bad! Have a fast recover!
Thanks! I'm glad it wasn't like my wrist or even other fingers

im getting closer and closer to figuring out tre flips again, i did about 5 shitty ones and 2 sessions before that i did around 5 shitty ones
Yo that's awesome, I hope you get them fully back soon.
I could treflip everytime but only on a board with a broken nose I had a few years ago, I miss them
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 07:02:49 AM by vinithebr »

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #1106 on: March 26, 2023, 07:58:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

There is something special about those sessions that go down after all that anticipation and excitement builds up. It’ll be worth the wait, trust me.

Bros I had a great session this morning. Did the same tricks I always do but man did it feel great. First try 360 flip. Got to skate with some friends. Life is good

OneMore

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1107 on: March 26, 2023, 09:58:05 AM »
New deck was messing with me a bit. There were a whole lot of scooter babies and their corresponding parents. Pretty uneventful overall, but another day is another day and I can't complain about that!

switchfakie

« Reply #1108 on: March 26, 2023, 01:29:53 PM »
skated with the homie

practiced flat & some tranny

got my tre's back and worked on getting my fakie front bigs to not be pivoted

tried blunt fakie for a hot second but couldnt land it

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1109 on: March 26, 2023, 02:36:24 PM »
First day of summer time today in Berlin. Sadly, the ground was wet. But most of the homies made it out today to the Ikea parking lot. It was great.
IG: @flowterspace