Author Topic: Stuff you regret not buying  (Read 3041 times)

MisterSpaceman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
Re: Stuff you regret not buying
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2021, 05:40:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Reynolds Lights Emericas on hella clearance at my local. Decent shoes.

The multitude of skate videos on VHS that I put on the shelves when I worked at a used book store for 5 years.

An OG templeton New Deal complete, with the cat graphic. Had tracker magnesium trucks. Was for sale at said book store for 50 bucks. I am a fool.

Kinda unrelated but a 1989 Honda CRX a few months back for $1000. Spent a day thinking about it. Needless to say it sold before I called.
[close]

ya, I've passed on a couple of those and regret it every time. Dream car. Last year I missed a gen6 SI manual hatch with 120k for $2000. Really just want another gen5, stock hatch. Best car ever made. Last one I had I got with 49k on it for $2500 in 2013. Shit was tight til the quarter panels totally rotted away.

I had a Si coupe a while back. Regret selling.
Gen5 hatches are becoming rare af.
I’ve got a 91 Civic sedan I’m currently swapping a B18c into. Maybe we should do a post your whip thread?

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2021, 06:11:30 PM »
I was going to buy 3 pairs of black air force 2s from ccs when they was in sale.

Definitely should have done that. After a slow start they broke in to be the best skate shoe I ever had.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Fhk

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2021, 06:17:29 PM »
I was going to buy 3 pairs of black air force 2s from ccs when they was in sale.

Definitely should have done that. After a slow start they broke in to be the best skate shoe I ever had.
Agreed, I think they skate better than dunks. I have 2 pairs left and I cherish them

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2021, 05:25:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
more reynolds mids <3333
[close]

Are you the dude that had an Arsenal, and, if so, could you post that picture of all of them again?
[close]
Not me

[close]

This is either majestic or completely psycho--no middle ground.

I had about twice that in classic Vans Half Cabs and maybe that again in Half Cab pro shoes, when they were cheap for me and I had access to lots of them.

Probably not quite the biggest issue as I know they still make them, but the quality has definitely gone down hill in the more recent ones and I do like the shape of the classic version with the taller toes, from back around early to mid 00s.

They have changed them up almost half a dozen times over the years, but the newer ones do fit a bit better if I go a size up nowdays which is ok to chill in but too big to skate in.

I think I am more of the psycho version when it comes to shoes.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2021, 07:06:05 PM »
I wish I'd bought a pair of those GnarHunter SB Blazer mids when they were in the local shop.
Indy 139 titaniums when they were on sale mid Covid.
C'est la vie I guess.

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2021, 05:35:29 AM »
I was watching a couple Ray Barbee boards hoping they'd eventually go on sale since they were egg/footballish and those are usually slow sellers around here, but someone copped them before me. Really wanted this one:

Also, I missed out on some Busenitz anniversary version with boost sole, I would have loved to try them since the 3st.004 is my favorite shoe ever.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2021, 12:26:14 PM »
Still thinking about this deck:

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2021, 01:02:59 PM »
I was watching a couple Ray Barbee boards hoping they'd eventually go on sale since they were egg/footballish and those are usually slow sellers around here, but someone copped them before me. Really wanted this one:

Also, I missed out on some Busenitz anniversary version with boost sole, I would have loved to try them since the 3st.004 is my favorite shoe ever.

got some us8.5 for sale

Jenkemlover69

• Rep: 0
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2021, 01:36:45 PM »
I don‘t regret not buying stuff I regret not keeping stuff, in particular skate and band shirts I had.  :'(

I 2nd that with my early 2000's skate DVD'S. Traded them up for a new board because I was broke and needed a deck

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2021, 02:28:25 PM »
A lifetime's supply of the Carroll Vans Half Cab's. Never skated better than in those. Now they only pop up from time to time in a terrible reflective colorway with Supreme collabo.

Goddamn. I had the whites, these are better. This totally ruins my day....fuck these are so sick. Re release these 🥵

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2021, 04:20:26 PM »
Anti hero old yeller
Black label rat trap
Alva abstrakt
Bunch of different scram decks

Pretty much a ton of 9”+ decks that sat forever until covid hit

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2021, 07:48:56 PM »
Expand Quote
I don‘t regret not buying stuff I regret not keeping stuff, in particular skate and band shirts I had.  :'(
[close]

I 2nd that with my early 2000's skate DVD'S. Traded them up for a new board because I was broke and needed a deck

in 2008 my life was a mess and I was going to join the Navy to figure it out. I decided punk rock and all that didn't work for me. Ended up filling up a contractor bag with skate shoes/shirts, band shirts, hoodies, some sick leather and army jackets, and dropped them in a goodwill bin. At least I kept my record collection
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty