Author Topic: Doom Eternal  (Read 1476 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
Doom Eternal
« on: January 27, 2021, 05:21:09 AM »
Anyone playing ?

Fuck me it's intense
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
Re: Doom Eternal
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 11:13:45 PM »
Ok....

Doom 2016 was very simple, just like Doom should be.

Eternal is fun and all.... but there is almost too much shit to keep track of. By no means is it a bad game, really good.

However, I beat 2016 so many times now but Eternal will probably never be played again.

Yu Dum

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 12:21:31 PM »
Yeah, I agree with @iKobrakai here. It was a great game, but it felt like they tried to pack way too many ideas into it. I've only gone back to find the secrets and whatnot, but playing straight through again will most likely not happen any time soon.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 03:13:55 PM »
Im on mars right now and just got the bfg, but it is fuckin addicting, im not really a gamer so i chose ultra violence and it is hard as shit, i have no idea the amounts of weed this game has me smoking
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 03:58:35 AM »
Ok....

Eternal is fun and all.... but there is almost too much shit to keep track of. By no means is it a bad game, really good.

However, I beat 2016 so many times now but Eternal will probably never be played again.

Interesting. I've never played 2016. Guess I'll try it after(if) I finish this.

You guys played online ? Tried it once. Seems nuts.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 04:30:36 PM »
I have iddqud and idkfa  burned in my fucking brain

Haven’t played many of the newer ones but I would, just kinda forgot about doom

I agree thought it should just be a rampage, I don’t mind if there’s like, one keycard you gotta find but mostly just rampage
listen to cosmic psychos

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 12:03:58 PM »
I'm enjoying this game, I have to remind myself to stop tensing up so much when I play it. I feel like the puzzles completely take the momentum out of the classic Doom running and gunning shit, and sometimes the combat gets so challenging that I want to focus my controller.

I am taking a break at the moment as I found myself wanting to unwind by playing video games after working all day, and I would just get worked up while playing it. But as far as the gore and shooting and basic shit like that goes, this Doom checks all the boxes for what a Doom game should be imo.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 11:53:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Ok....

[close]

Interesting. I've never played 2016. Guess I'll try it after(if) I finish this.

You guys played online ? Tried it once. Seems nuts.

Nah, not much for online at all.

...I feel like the puzzles completely take the momentum out of the classic Doom running and gunning shit...

Yeah, too much shit already in the game.

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 09:33:52 PM »
I’m one of the idiots who only owns a Switch. Just beat it a while back on hurt me plenty. Beat the Master levels on Nightmare, pretty hyped on that, but I don’t really see myself going for a nightmare campaign play through. Not much of a completionist after my 600 hour attempt to find all the Korok seeds in Zelda BOTW. At 91% on that bullshit.

While I prefer the tone of Doom 2016 and think it was a perfect balance of old and new, playing it now feels fucking stupid. While some of the new enemy and level design in Eternal is fucking brilliant, and the new game mechanics make you fucking invincible once you know what you’re doing, it feels silly as fuck fairly often, and I kind of miss the more serious tone and sense of danger some of 2016 elicited. Even hopping into the hairiest of situations in eternal, I never felt as panicked as I did when I stumbled upon the Cyber Demon from DOOMfor the first time. Though to contrast that, at other times Eternal feels like the direct alien descendant of the OG Dooms. I’ve been hopping into random level on Eternal just to mindlessly shred while listening to podcasts, it definitely scratches the Tony Hawks Pro Skater itch in that you can kind of just crush the weirdly crafted levels like a skatepark and destroy shit. I’m just patiently waiting for the DLC to finally come out on switch so I can get sucked right back in.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2021, 10:54:46 AM »
If you think Doom Eternal is intense, then wait until you try The Ancient Gods pt 1 DLC

There's no room to breathe at all.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2021, 01:18:10 PM »
I just started playing it feel like I suck too bad to enjoy it, haha.  I’ve got it on the easiest setting and am constantly about to die and am always running out of ammo. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2021, 01:54:04 PM »
I just started playing it feel like I suck too bad to enjoy it, haha.  I’ve got it on the easiest setting and am constantly about to die and am always running out of ammo.

There is a knack that you will learn eventually so you never run out of ammo or die

Chainsaw cunts for ammo
Flame them for shield
Glory kill for health
Once you get used to that you'll be flying

If you think Doom Eternal is intense, then wait until you try The Ancient Gods pt 1 DLC

There's no room to breathe at all.

Interesting

I'm on level 10 now.  So close to finish. Can't wait to see how it ends.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 02:15:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There is a knack that you will learn eventually so you never run out of ammo or die

Chainsaw cunts for ammo
Flame them for shield
Glory kill for health
Once you get used to that you'll be flying

Yeah, I mean I know that.  Its that I generally miss 90% of my shots and end up bumping dicks with an arachnotron trying to chainsaw him without any chainsaw fuel while getting gangbanged from all sides.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2021, 08:35:06 AM »
Completed it last night.

I'm gonna buy the DLC but I'm already getting withdrawals.

Can  anyone recommend another similar fps?

Im new to gaming so I'm clueless. Any recommendations will be great.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2022, 09:48:21 AM »
old now but just picked this up on sale for $20. it is so fun and challenging. i like this better than the 2016 release

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2022, 10:13:10 AM »
old now but just picked this up on sale for $20. it is so fun and challenging. i like this better than the 2016 release

In my honest opinion the greatest game ever

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2022, 11:43:26 AM »
it's so fun. i'm so tense playing it, shit stresses me out hahah

my friend sent my this funny/accurate review of it:

https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2020/3/17/21182306/doom-eternal-review-pc-xbox-one-ps4-stadia

"Have you ever noticed how cop procedurals will signal that a messy-haired teenager is a real loner type by showing him playing a video game, sitting in a dark bedroom littered with junk food, the walls covered in heavy metal posters?

The game itself (because we always get to see gameplay, even though the show clearly can’t afford good computer animation) appears to be a parody of violent video games, all disembowelment and close-range executions. The teen, played by a 20-something actor, manhandles his poor controller, suggesting the game is either astonishingly complex or the teenager is dumb as a rock.

That’s Doom Eternal. All of it. The Mountain Dew and Cheetos. The Dream Theater albums. The hand-cramping controls. And the overwhelming sense that everybody involved is in on the joke, and having a good time. That lack of shame makes all the difference."

Ambient Johnny

• Rep: -14
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2022, 04:20:28 AM »
I enjoyed the game a lot. Playing it on highest difficulty didn't interest me in the slightest. The ramping up of the amount of difficult enemies towards the end made me laugh, totally over the top.

The music quickly became grating, some sort of ultra-repetitive industrial-tinged "metal" played on keyboards, so I turned off the music and started playing Death Metal from my own collection over it, which worked fine, but ultimately pairing the game with darker ambient worked the best (Visions & Phurpa's "Monad" album was especially good).

Shotgun with the grenade attachment was my favourite weapon.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2022, 11:17:15 AM »

CullTheKarens

• Rep: 8
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2022, 12:13:19 PM »
Eternal is so goddamn intense compared to 2016.

Can't play Eternal before bed cause it just hypes me up so much. Stop playing at 8pm and I feel like I'm on half an Adderall and can't sleep until midnight.

Rumor has it a new DOOM is in the very early stages of life...

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2022, 09:01:24 PM »

Can't play Eternal before bed cause it just hypes me up so much. Stop playing at 8pm and I feel like I'm on half an Adderall and can't sleep until midnight.

Most of the rumors I've seen is iD Tech going back to Quake, which could be interesting.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2022, 06:23:52 AM »

Dude, that's me in Dirt Rally 2. So intense, I have to stop in time.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2022, 08:18:50 AM »
I'm right at the end of the first DLC. The very last stage.

I've taken a break for awhile and I'm afraid to start playing again cos you really need to keep your reactions honed.

Anyone play the DLCs?

Best game ever

CullTheKarens

• Rep: 8
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2022, 12:23:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Most of the rumors I've seen is iD Tech going back to Quake, which could be interesting.

Never played any of the old quake games much... but that would be sweet.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2022, 01:01:25 PM »
My favorite game ever. Finally beat it last night after like 8 months of playing it on and off. Kinda weird that the last boss was so easy to beat but I'm not complaining. I don't understand how people can beat every boss without taking a hit in nightmare mode.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 90
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2023, 04:28:20 PM »
Contemplating this, of course it's horrible but I love Doom

https://gear.bethesda.net/products/mighty-doom-glory-kill-skate-deck