Author Topic: Vancouver, BC  (Read 35897 times)

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Vancouver, BC
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2021, 03:06:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Skated the plaza a couple times now... the local dudes rip.

It is a little weird trying to recover from my injuries last fall and feeling a bit awkward on my board, but still super fun. And, most of the dudes seem pretty cool. No one is insanely overly friendly but I haven't seen too many dudes that are just "too cool" to be polite.
[close]

Nice. I might head down there tomorrow in the day. It's been fairly mild.

Nice. If I can finish my work and get out of the house, I might see you there.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2021, 03:56:05 PM »
Has the rained eased up over there? I got some homies living there sending me clips from richmond skatepark, its a good january in van if you can sneak some skate days in

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Glurmpz

« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2021, 05:29:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

It is a little weird trying to recover from my injuries last fall and feeling a bit awkward on my board, but still super fun. And, most of the dudes seem pretty cool. No one is insanely overly friendly but I haven't seen too many dudes that are just "too cool" to be polite.
[close]

[close]

I got sidetracked today running around to get supplies to build a skate box - but I'll keep tabs on this thread and I'm sure we'll get a skate in eventually. Got a few more days of sun coming it looks like.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2021, 11:07:27 PM »

I kinda think the plaza gets a bad rap.....its not that bad...most people are actually cool if you talk them...

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #154 on: January 31, 2021, 10:16:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I got sidetracked today running around to get supplies to build a skate box - but I'll keep tabs on this thread and I'm sure we'll get a skate in eventually. Got a few more days of sun coming it looks like.

I built two boxes this past year, one of 'em got stolen but it's been a super fun process. What dimensions are you going for?