Author Topic: post ur favorite Natural Koncept stuff in this thread  (Read 11910 times)

Glurmpz

Re: post ur favorite Natural Koncept stuff in this thread
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2021, 10:10:59 PM »
Expand Quote
I think it's hilarious this is a thread. Definitely never would have thought Watson would fuck with the Natty Konch.  ;D
[close]

Dude I love me some raw ass weirdo shit. Natty Kon fits right in there. It's like Gummo or Memory Screen but from the other side of the lens.

Also funny you should bring this all up. Craig Williams is my homie through working with Ultimate, and Aaron Shear has two tricks in Illegitimate Bastard Child from my home town Saskatoon. Kickflip frontside noselide at a demo at a hockey rink park I worked at, and back tail on a long out ledge off a five stair. That's a legendary trick to go down on that thing and I'm so hyped it's in that video.

You're at Ninetimes, right? I worked at Ultimate for years so I've packed many an order for you guys. Jason Gordon was a loc at Plaza when it was new and he was always super friendly - those boxes were packed with love.  ;)

shitsandwich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2021, 10:15:01 PM »
Bob Gnarly is my Avitar.

https://skateboarding.transworld.net/features/natural-koncept-creepin-it-real-east-coast-tour-update/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-DaTF2xuAfo

I had no idea Bob Gnarly was a skater. Wasn't this a name of a famous YouTube channel that posted skate videos?

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 51
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2021, 04:37:26 AM »
Natural Koncept has always been very fascinating to me. Especially Choppy Omega. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JprWhlK3Qu0 This part is so insane.

It is true that the company was used to white wash drug money from Hawaii and that is the reason that even though they had an add in every TWS mag and a massive team since the mid nineties you hardly ever saw their products any where.

To me Natural Koncept was fascinating from a distance.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2021, 05:45:23 AM »
97 me would call and heckle Katch every night, all night. Over and over. Calling him out for biting styles and early photoshop over 80s trains pics. He would completely lose his sht and scream into the phone forever. Maybe that was over Shaolin, not Natty Koncepts though.
Got a couple flow boxes in 98-99 when i first moved to Colder Ballerado.  Rented a room from a filmer who worked with NK, and started receiving boxes out of nowhere.   Never sent footage or anything. Easiest boxs ever secured.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2021, 05:47:53 AM »
choppy omega was the first person to ollie love, not whoever ollied it first (for some reason i think it was vinnie ponte but thats gotta be wrong) with all those people around. choppy did it the night before with nobody filming, and in the dark. and then again before they started filming the next day. didnt want to film it, legend.

free max b
FREE MAX B

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2021, 06:00:35 AM »
choppy omega was the first person to ollie love, not whoever ollied it first (for some reason i think it was vinnie ponte but thats gotta be wrong) with all those people around. choppy did it the night before with nobody filming, and in the dark. and then again before they started filming the next day. didnt want to film it, legend.

free max b

He threw a mute down it too right? Too good.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2021, 06:02:38 AM »
@shitsandwich both a skater and a you tuber—different people.

For anyone interested in the first Love Park Ollie filmed, the contest it happened at starts around 23 min in...

https://skateboarding.transworld.net/videos/411vm-issue-6/

cky enthusiast

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2021, 06:25:02 AM »

free max b

vinny was what my old heads always told me. shame it was a NYC dude and not one of the daggers

goldenbullcow

• Rep: -406
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2021, 09:09:58 AM »
Choppy ollied it before Vinny

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2021, 09:42:55 AM »
I remember in an old 411 someone airwalked the Love gap and it was dope.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2021, 10:07:08 AM »

Donnie Bianco and it was that thing Lizard King does.

Donnie rode for Fuct, Metal skateboards now skates with Fred Gall.

https://mag.skatekrak.com/tag/donnie-bianco/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxPs65vFfqn/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_mid=6843FA64-7D6B-4AF2-83FE-05CA8279C983
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 10:37:28 AM by GardenSkater77 »

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2021, 10:41:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Donnie Bianco and it was that thing Lizard King does.

Donnie rode for Fuct, Metal skateboards now skates with Fred Gall.

https://mag.skatekrak.com/tag/donnie-bianco/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxPs65vFfqn/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_mid=6843FA64-7D6B-4AF2-83FE-05CA8279C983

@4:30

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sjWviUqwAdw

Glurmpz

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2021, 10:44:36 AM »

It is true that the company was used to white wash drug money from Hawaii and that is the reason that even though they had an add in every TWS mag and a massive team since the mid nineties you hardly ever saw their products any where.

Let's just say that NK sales are not what paid for that 20 person Ruth's Chris dinner.  ;)

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2021, 11:08:13 AM »
RIP to “household name” Brendan Leung - never met him, but that guy did some rad stuff on a skateboard for sure.
https://youtu.be/lxjtjcrbxhU
SPB!

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2021, 11:14:16 AM »
This TWS montage is full of gold too. I dug his style; sorta Moul-esque.
Https://youtu.be/puijeTpF3iA
SPB!

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2021, 11:30:50 AM »
Natural Koncept has always been very fascinating to me. Especially Choppy Omega. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JprWhlK3Qu0 This part is so insane.

To me Natural Koncept was fascinating from a distance.

This part is awesome. I miss these kinds of people/parts in skating: moderate talent, whole lot of go for broke/crazy.

Why did Phelps hate Choppy? This is the real shit Thrasher pretty much just pretends at these days.

conqueso

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2021, 11:51:14 AM »
wait so did the vinnie ponte guy just go around for decades saying he did it first? crazy.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2021, 11:52:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think it's hilarious this is a thread. Definitely never would have thought Watson would fuck with the Natty Konch.  ;D
[close]

Dude I love me some raw ass weirdo shit. Natty Kon fits right in there. It's like Gummo or Memory Screen but from the other side of the lens.

Also funny you should bring this all up. Craig Williams is my homie through working with Ultimate, and Aaron Shear has two tricks in Illegitimate Bastard Child from my home town Saskatoon. Kickflip frontside noselide at a demo at a hockey rink park I worked at, and back tail on a long out ledge off a five stair. That's a legendary trick to go down on that thing and I'm so hyped it's in that video.
[close]

You're at Ninetimes, right? I worked at Ultimate for years so I've packed many an order for you guys. Jason Gordon was a loc at Plaza when it was new and he was always super friendly - those boxes were packed with love.  ;)

Yep, that's me. Jason rips!

sharkjumper

• Rep: 39
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2021, 12:40:44 PM »
97 me would call and heckle Katch every night, all night. Over and over. Calling him out for biting styles and early photoshop over 80s trains pics. He would completely lose his sht and scream into the phone forever. Maybe that was over Shaolin, not Natty Koncepts though.
Got a couple flow boxes in 98-99 when i first moved to Colder Ballerado.  Rented a room from a filmer who worked with NK, and started receiving boxes out of nowhere.   Never sent footage or anything. Easiest boxs ever secured.

I lived in Boulder at that time.  We've probably skated blue park together.

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -75
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2021, 02:05:50 PM »
for some reason my brain combines nk with graffix that plastic bong company

Grind King Rims

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2021, 02:56:45 PM »
idk what it was, but bobby worrest did some video interview im guessing chromeball, speaking on that 21 stair in DC he tried to ollie. mentions how he was one upped by a natty konch kid who goes by the name Boner.

"kid beat me to it, hes got some fucked up name too...i think his name is Penis." before they corrected him about it being boney. classic bobby shit right there

free max b

Nine club.

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2021, 03:24:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I lived in Boulder at that time.  We've probably skated blue park together.

Met a filmer who filmed for NK at that park. That's how I got a few boxes at that time. Can't remember his name, but he worked at Brothers by the park too. He subletted me his apartment above the sub shop on the Hill beside circle K. Boulder was so much fun at that time.  Everytime I see the sig of dude slaloming through the library parking lot on here I get nostalgic.

RhinestoneCowboy

• Rep: -19
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2021, 04:28:47 PM »
"Yeah Choppy"

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2021, 04:47:59 PM »
idk what it was, but bobby worrest did some video interview im guessing chromeball, speaking on that 21 stair in DC he tried to ollie. mentions how he was one upped by a natty konch kid who goes by the name Boner.

"kid beat me to it, hes got some fucked up name too...i think his name is Penis." before they corrected him about it being boney. classic bobby shit right there

free max b

I think that’s the dude who 180’d the subway tracks in 2020
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIQ6d23JL2E/?igshid=mv3n3d2b6mov

cky enthusiast

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2021, 05:14:04 PM »
Expand Quote

free max b
[close]

arizona iced tea has a skate team?!

DaleCooper

• Rep: 4
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2021, 06:27:28 PM »

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2021, 08:58:00 PM »
wait so did the vinnie ponte guy just go around for decades saying he did it first? crazy.
nah he did do it first on film at a contest there. but choppy did it the night before, in the dark, with nobody filming. much cooler

free max b
FREE MAX B

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2021, 03:41:22 AM »

that’s my answer too, even as a sequence in a magazine it was pretty epic!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2021, 09:41:16 PM »
arizona iced tea has a skate team?!

aw, bro, you're missing out, why not slam open a fresh one and tune in to the Arizona Iced Tea™ City of Light© Deja Vu Tour®

Sleezus Yikes

• Rep: 66
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2021, 09:51:24 PM »
Expand Quote

free max b
[close]

Brandon "Boner" Bonner. Bone Stalone. Dope dude, super nice, very talented.
there is the soul of Andrew Reynolds in every emerica shoe. you just have to pull on the right shoe lace and hold your ear into it. you can hear his voice saying "thank you cowboy! lets go for a ride!" just try it.