Author Topic: post ur favorite Natural Koncept stuff in this thread  (Read 11920 times)

TheLowerBack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
Re: post ur favorite Natural Koncept stuff in this thread
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2021, 11:51:29 PM »
Watching Choppy at BSSS. He was running from the fence, acid dropping into the tiny waterfall, thunder stomping on flat, and trying to mute grab from the 2 foot tall volcano, across around 10 feet of flat, and over the jersey. He was pretty much just flailing christ airs and barely making it to the sidewalk. He was flush red, wide eyed and sweating profusely. It was around 9am and in the lower 40s

cky enthusiast

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2021, 01:58:02 PM »

salute boner

deathturd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2021, 04:47:04 PM »

cky enthusiast

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2021, 04:56:35 PM »
there’s something so nihilistic and fried about NK

this started as a joke but i think they might be my fav company

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2021, 04:58:54 PM »
holy shit i forgot about the parts with his face blacked out. wallride over the big 4 was ahead of its time.

i actually walked past a random old mural in NY with a katch character still rocking. crazy. that guy still painting trains in hawaii?

free max b
FREE MAX B

cky enthusiast

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2021, 05:13:21 PM »
holy shit i forgot about the parts with his face blacked out. wallride over the big 4 was ahead of its time.

i actually walked past a random old mural in NY with a katch character still rocking. crazy. that guy still painting trains in hawaii?

free max b

the fact that there’s a hawaiian freight system is crazy to me

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2021, 08:21:30 PM »
Natty Kon is the real Baker.

Illegitimate Bastard Child is one of the greatest skate videos of all time and I'm not being facetious.

Darryl "Heyhead" Freeman's part is maybe the best part under one minute of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2ZOWMc7UVc

hahahahaha how have I never seen this before. i am cracking up over here. that was so good.

i have never seen any of the stuff in this thread. absolutely cooked all the way around. i love it. "Gummo" from the other side of the lens is so spot on.

hot take

• Rep: -57
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2021, 08:29:02 PM »
I like that Boner dude that did Canadian embassy. He always wore dashikis and I thought that was bad ass. Also I can’t remember the dudes name...but he rode for hard times at one point and was in nk. His footage was awesome

I feel like I saw tons of natural koncept shit at fishbone skate shop but I was too young to know what the fuck I was looking at

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Free Max B
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2021, 08:42:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Natty Kon is the real Baker.

Illegitimate Bastard Child is one of the greatest skate videos of all time and I'm not being facetious.

Darryl "Heyhead" Freeman's part is maybe the best part under one minute of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2ZOWMc7UVc
[close]

hahahahaha how have I never seen this before. i am cracking up over here. that was so good.

i have never seen any of the stuff in this thread. absolutely cooked all the way around. i love it. "Gummo" from the other side of the lens is so spot on.
Hahah god damn I hadn’t seen that part since I was a kid. That first clip is so funny. And that gainer ended? Legendary.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

The Mess

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • please don't kill me jesse.
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2021, 08:53:41 PM »
I work with someone who is/was friends with Larry Schuster, someone he claims who is/was pro for Natural Koncept. That’s all.

their story checks out...

i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

livin on a speyer

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2021, 09:11:10 PM »
This CAZ part is great. The skating, the guns, the motorcycles and the farm.
https://youtu.be/dYjk3Z5XOfI

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2021, 09:22:00 PM »
mods add this to classic slap please

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2021, 01:59:15 AM »
I though this thread was a joke until videos were linked. Gonna show this to all my french homiesreal quick, set up a Natural Koncept cult here because damn, this stuff is fucking gold haha  :D

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Free Max B
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2021, 02:15:00 AM »
almost forgot: NK was doing a demo at sayreville park once, unannounced. or they showed up a week early, something. my friends and i happened to show up and it was literally just them in an empty park. i asked where choppy was and everyone seemed pretty bummed i brought it up until either bobgnarly or JZ said "choppy is too much of a liability, hes still down we just cant bring him on tour." and this was right after that second video came out, after illegitimate bastard child came out.

free max b
FREE MAX B

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2021, 02:20:03 AM »
Best thread in a minute

cky enthusiast

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2021, 06:07:59 AM »
consulting all other topics on NK on slap i saw someone post that they used to send in their transfer files for graphics in the wrong resolution on purpose? and the same goes for their filming etc (purposely going no budget with filmers, titles etc). pretty sick shit if that’s the case.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2021, 10:14:40 AM »
I spent a weird couple of hours with Choppy years back. He'd walked from PDX airport to SE Portland with no shoes, no shirts and leather trousers.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2021, 07:14:52 AM »

courtesy of vert is dead

who tf is this dude and wtf is this trick

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Free Max B
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2021, 12:57:49 PM »
hes riding off the ledge on the side of the building to the sidewalk. these dudes were the kings of ride offs, JUB had to be hella jealous.

that CAZ part is so legendary. dude beat vov and danny bricks to the megaramp by a decade . except instead of having a $3.5m deodorant/softdrink endorsement budget, they just had a barn, some speed vodka plywood pallets and an old truck. putting a rail out the second story window of a barn and then sacking it is pretty sick. bout to watch that whole video i got nothing else going on in this horseshit weather.

anyone from jersey remember Feet First in the late 90s/00s? sporting goods chain store that sold skate shit (pre zumiez era) with 7 or 8 locations.. but they always had so much natty konch product on deck it was fucked up... a comical amount of boards shirts everything. fuckin natty konch window display? done. no matter what board you asked to look at off the wall, theyd try selling you on a NK board of a different size. place went out of business back when skateshops learned about the first wave of SB resellers and just started asking for resale prices instore despite having an account. so theyd be asking actual ebay resell prices to make up for backdooring every pair besides a size 12.

classic jersey shit right there. my boy came up on entire size run of todd jordan blazers at $25 a pair tho during their year long closing sale. RIP feets first

free max b

FREE MAX B

Miserable Old Sack of Shit

• Rep: 31
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2021, 01:23:48 PM »
97 me would call and heckle Katch every night, all night. Over and over. Calling him out for biting styles and early photoshop over 80s trains pics. He would completely lose his sht and scream into the phone forever. Maybe that was over Shaolin, not Natty Koncepts though.
Got a couple flow boxes in 98-99 when i first moved to Colder Ballerado.  Rented a room from a filmer who worked with NK, and started receiving boxes out of nowhere.   Never sent footage or anything. Easiest boxs ever secured.

Holy shit, I think I remember that! Was he photoshopping his pieces onto old clean trains or something? I need clarification. This thread is gold, by the way. I can't lie, I was a pretty big fan of Katch's characters back in the day, and it was doubly cool to see his art on skate shit.

Miserable Old Sack of Shit

• Rep: 31
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2021, 01:26:13 PM »
consulting all other topics on NK on slap i saw someone post that they used to send in their transfer files for graphics in the wrong resolution on purpose? and the same goes for their filming etc (purposely going no budget with filmers, titles etc). pretty sick shit if that’s the case.

That's hilarious, but why would anyone do that intentionally? I remember seeing insanely pixelated art in ads back in the day and just thinking that the mag had fucked up or somebody couldn't afford a better photo editing program.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2021, 02:18:53 PM »
Saw that Choppy dude throw a half eaten hot dog right in a Reef bikini model's face at a trade show once. 

Buck Bundy

• Rep: 38
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2021, 03:03:58 PM »

courtesy of vert is dead

who tf is this dude and wtf is this trick

You mean to tell me you don’t know who Sam Clemens is?!?!? I don’t either but that made me chuckle.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2021, 03:46:38 PM »
This CAZ part is great. The skating, the guns, the motorcycles and the farm.
https://youtu.be/dYjk3Z5XOfI

the jenkem interview w/ dude where he talks about his boy who sells owl puke to schools.. i’ve been around some raw people in my life and this dude seems like a real hellion

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2021, 04:56:40 PM »
this started as a joke but i think they might be my fav company

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2021, 05:39:22 PM »
hes riding off the ledge on the side of the building to the sidewalk. these dudes were the kings of ride offs, JUB had to be hella jealous.

that CAZ part is so legendary. dude beat vov and danny bricks to the megaramp by a decade . except instead of having a $3.5m deodorant/softdrink endorsement budget, they just had a barn, some speed vodka plywood pallets and an old truck. putting a rail out the second story window of a barn and then sacking it is pretty sick. bout to watch that whole video i got nothing else going on in this horseshit weather.

anyone from jersey remember Feet First in the late 90s/00s? sporting goods chain store that sold skate shit (pre zumiez era) with 7 or 8 locations.. but they always had so much natty konch product on deck it was fucked up... a comical amount of boards shirts everything. fuckin natty konch window display? done. no matter what board you asked to look at off the wall, theyd try selling you on a NK board of a different size. place went out of business back when skateshops learned about the first wave of SB resellers and just started asking for resale prices instore despite having an account. so theyd be asking actual ebay resell prices to make up for backdooring every pair besides a size 12.

classic jersey shit right there. my boy came up on entire size run of todd jordan blazers at $25 a pair tho during their year long closing sale. RIP feets first

free max b

They have a location still open in Red Bank.

Poster @tension was the store manager there. He could probably elaborate.

He told us about 2 years ago that Brian Wenning’s mom tried to sell decks directly to the store w/o Brian’s permission.

https://wenningboards.com/

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=103756.0

cky enthusiast

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2021, 03:39:33 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYqdLHme6PE

fried

Im fucking dead reading his name, it gets funnier every time haha. Every single post makes this thread better and better holy shit thanks for the laughs homies :D

cky enthusiast

« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2021, 03:48:16 PM »
rap rock

puffy hats

one foot tricks

one-off

• Rep: 105
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2021, 04:15:09 PM »
Till I heard Natural Koncept speak out loud and bold: