Author Topic: would you rather be a pro surfer, snowboarder, or bmxer?  (Read 1865 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -333
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: would you rather be a pro surfer, snowboarder, or bmxer?
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2021, 08:23:49 PM »
If I could afford it I'd love to do long distance biking with a minimum kiddy hauler of tent, board, sleeping bag and essential things for my ride.

My intention would be this week one riding at least 4 hour's  take a few days off then go double maybe 6 hour's till either you reach your destination or too tired to pedal, either way it'd be great to experience it on your own terms.

I'd want to start out in Portland Maine around early spring and see if I could make it to Portland Oregon summertimeish?
Dueces Bitch's

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2021, 08:39:14 PM »
are long board surfers seen in the same light from short board surfers like we see longboard skaters

also interested in the snow skier (like the ghetto gown ones not the speed skiers) vs snowboarders .. are the skiers like rollerbladers or bmxers .. i live in the desert so just wondering what that dynamic is in like a mountain town high school
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

foureyedjim

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2021, 12:53:40 AM »
are long board surfers seen in the same light from short board surfers like we see longboard skaters

I think they get clowned on by shortboarders in certain areas.  But it's not like *skate* longboarding and skateboarding where they're almost completely different industries. 

Matze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2021, 01:50:52 AM »
I'm not really interested in filming, contests or stuff like that so the way to go would be a pro snowboarder who's milking it. People on the internet would write stuff like "I'd rather watch Matze shipping (snow)".

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2021, 04:03:39 AM »
Softball

cky enthusiast

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2021, 05:51:31 AM »
If I could afford it I'd love to do long distance biking with a minimum kiddy hauler of tent, board, sleeping bag and essential things for my ride.

My intention would be this week one riding at least 4 hour's  take a few days off then go double maybe 6 hour's till either you reach your destination or too tired to pedal, either way it'd be great to experience it on your own terms.

I'd want to start out in Portland Maine around early spring and see if I could make it to Portland Oregon summertimeish?

that’s a trip of over 3 thousand miles- assuming you rode a century a day, had 0 equipment fuckups and never took an off day (these are impossible conditions to meet) it would be around a month of just riding. all my friends who have done long distance touring generally do a few months at a time.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2021, 06:34:34 AM »
Pro snowboarder but only in the mold of Pat Moore.

flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Frank and Fred

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2021, 12:56:02 PM »

Not so much anymore. Unless you are on the World Tour, a lot of surfers are embracing all types of boards. That's one really cool thing about surfing right now, you have access to all kinds of boards. Longboarding is a legit way to have a tonne of fun in tiny surf.