Author Topic: Fingernails on The Chalkboard  (Read 982 times)

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
Re: Fingernails on The Chalkboard
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2021, 09:34:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
spoon and future islands both make me irrationally angry
also andre nikatina is so damn annoying lmao
[close]

I can understand future islands not being everyone’s cup of tea, mainly because their singer looks like a chubby American version of morssiey with an extra chromosome, but I kinda dig em.

That being said I don’t understand the Andre nickatina hate. Tell me this shit doesn’t go of.

https://youtu.be/_ObRTbpdYf8
[close]
that shit doesn't go of

Well, I respect your opinion and value your input. I assumed, probably incorrectly, that having Mac Dre in it might sway your opinion. Sorry if I wasted your time my dude.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Glue Reed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2021, 11:19:19 AM »
Stoner Rock.  I love the earliest stuff, Blue Cheer and Sabbath and such.. and I do dig Sleep, but other than that I can't stand it.  Every goddamn video on Thrasher that kicks off with that downtuned, groovy riff gets skipped immediately (and I feel like that's about 80% of them).  Not sure how it became such a skateboard video staple.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2021, 12:52:29 PM »
Stoner Rock.  I love the earliest stuff, Blue Cheer and Sabbath and such.. and I do dig Sleep, but other than that I can't stand it.  Every goddamn video on Thrasher that kicks off with that downtuned, groovy riff gets skipped immediately (and I feel like that's about 80% of them).  Not sure how it became such a skateboard video staple.

https://thehardtimes.net/music/innovative-stoner-metal-album-blends-influences-black-sabbath-black-sabbath/

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2021, 01:28:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
spoon and future islands both make me irrationally angry
also andre nikatina is so damn annoying lmao
[close]

I can understand future islands not being everyone’s cup of tea, mainly because their singer looks like a chubby American version of morssiey with an extra chromosome, but I kinda dig em.

That being said I don’t understand the Andre nickatina hate. Tell me this shit doesn’t go of.

https://youtu.be/_ObRTbpdYf8
[close]
that shit doesn't go of
[close]

Well, I respect your opinion and value your input. I assumed, probably incorrectly, that having Mac Dre in it might sway your opinion. Sorry if I wasted your time my dude.
<3
his music is just too abrasive for me if that makes sense. if i'm gonna listen to rap/hip hop i prefer something mellow like tribe