Author Topic: Vans Pro Classics Line To Be Replaced By Vans Skate Classic Line  (Read 22041 times)

Lunker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Re: Vans Pro Classics Line To Be Replaced By Vans Skate Classic Line
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2021, 04:51:50 PM »
Expand Quote
My coworker raised a point to me earlier today about how Vans didn't discount the already existing Pro Classics line and seem to have just swept them off the shelves and website. Fingers crossed they're not landfill bound.
[close]

I've seen them in abundance on the outlet walls.

Interesting. Haven't seen them on sale here personally (in Canada) and my area's been locked down for a good minute. When I got back into my store it was all new Skate Classics on the wall. Maybe we just got the short end again.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2021, 05:26:08 PM »
Is the black white half cab canvas and suede or all canvas?
Cocteau Twins

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2021, 05:29:18 PM »

they are a mix. seems to be majority suede, and in the areas where needed.  but this version does include canvas

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2021, 05:34:26 PM »

All suede except two panels of canvas, the side middle panel and the top round the back part.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2021, 07:54:56 PM »
interested in trying these out. vans is really the only shoe i can skate in comfortably for someone with a wide foot other than reebok and last resorts. i am little concerned about the comment earlier about them being tighter? but the duracap shoe i've skated in the past worked well with me.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My coworker raised a point to me earlier today about how Vans didn't discount the already existing Pro Classics line and seem to have just swept them off the shelves and website. Fingers crossed they're not landfill bound.
[close]

[close]

Interesting. Haven't seen them on sale here personally (in Canada) and my area's been locked down for a good minute. When I got back into my store it was all new Skate Classics on the wall. Maybe we just got the short end again.

if you live where i think you live, BTL had them on sale 50% off for a quick minute.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2021, 09:11:35 AM »
Why should I trust a guy that does varial flip 5050s?!?

Vinz

• Rep: -11
  • bam margera biggest fan
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2021, 11:34:26 AM »
who on earth likes to skate in authentics?

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2021, 11:59:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Vans Canada site had Pro Skate marked down heavily, but I think they're all gone from there now. A lot of Canadian skate shops now have the Skate Classics in at full price, and most of their remaining Pro Skate stock on sale. Try a few shops if there's a specific shoe you're looking for.

https://bluetilelounge.ca/collections/vans
https://thinkempire.com/collections/men-shoes/vans

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2021, 12:01:55 PM »

Exactly, I wouldn't skate in the low top Authentics unless someone paid me to. The AA authentic high were pretty dope though imo.

Lunker

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2021, 12:15:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Vans Canada site had Pro Skate marked down heavily, but I think they're all gone from there now. A lot of Canadian skate shops now have the Skate Classics in at full price, and most of their remaining Pro Skate stock on sale. Try a few shops if there's a specific shoe you're looking for.

https://bluetilelounge.ca/collections/vans
https://thinkempire.com/collections/men-shoes/vans
I know they've been on sale through skate shops, but they took down all remaining (full priced) stock of pro classics literally overnight on the Canadian Vans website. I know this because I got some pro slip-ons at the very last moment online cuz the new ones are way too tight. Maybe they'll be dropping pro-skates in the Vaughn outlet or at Winners.

I'll add that I'm a big fan of authentic pros. The new canvas on the blackout skate authentic seems promising for a vegan skate shoe.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 01:00:53 PM by Lunker »

Vinz

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2021, 02:55:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly, I wouldn't skate in the low top Authentics unless someone paid me to. The AA authentic high were pretty dope though imo.
Those are so sick but most likely won't release again.

My main complaint with the authentic is the heel slip and how hard it is to put on. The Era is literally a direct upgrade.

Also, There is no Skate Chukka apparently. I check vans' website and haven't found anything about a 'skate chukka' lots of 'pro' chukkas on their shop though... 

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2021, 03:20:27 PM »

My main complaint with the authentic is the heel slip and how hard it is to put on. 

I recall talking to someone at Vans about this and they were saying they were on to it - making the authentic actually grip your heel to stop them slipping out.

From their recent info, I think people are happy with the new Authentic shoe.

Mink

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2021, 07:21:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My main complaint with the authentic is the heel slip and how hard it is to put on. The Era is literally a direct upgrade.

Also, There is no Skate Chukka apparently. I check vans' website and haven't found anything about a 'skate chukka' lots of 'pro' chukkas on their shop though...
There was a link posted in the UPCOMING thread a few weeks back that had an interview with one of the vans commercial dudes and he said the Authentic High is indeed returning as part of the Skate line.  I'm stoked on that.  Loved my AA highs

Wizard0f0dds

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2021, 07:42:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
There was a link posted in the UPCOMING thread a few weeks back that had an interview with one of the vans commercial dudes and he said the Authentic High is indeed returning as part of the Skate line.  I'm stoked on that.  Loved my AA highs

That is awesome news. I love these shoes, I'm currently skating a pair of the all black and still have a navy pair on ice, I bought a pair of each colorways when they came out. I'm really stoked to have more in the future.

Vinz

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2021, 08:03:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Amazing news!

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2021, 02:00:20 PM »
Not sure why they'd put the checkerboard pattern everywhere. Not a huge fan.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2021, 02:03:56 PM »
Not sure why they'd put the checkerboard pattern everywhere. Not a huge fan.
Extremely annoying
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

mongopushingmallgraber

• Rep: 30
    • Voicemail avatar image
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2021, 02:14:31 PM »
As was posted in the Shoe thread:

https://ninetimesskateshop.com/collections/vans/products/vans-skate-half-cab-black-white

The canvas parts might help but might not compared to the all suede versions I prefer too.

In the bigger pic, the ankle collar and side panel are canvas. 

These pics when opened in their own window are huge, so have a lot of detail too.

Skating these now and i really like them, the collar is stiffer than the normal or pro half cab. In a good way tho.  Super hyped on these, excited to buy a ton of them in the future. Hopefully some cool colorways comin

chat noir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2021, 02:58:06 PM »
Interesting to hear people say that the old toe box wouldnt work for them. I've always thought of myself as having a wide foot (and a 13!) and Ive never really had that problem with vans. What I hate that is that I cant wear slipons as the tongue is way too clamped down. I have to cut the little white side things and that's probably not really great for support for skating.

I know, whats the deal... I bought a pair of the slip-on PROs and the toe box was fine but I couldn't fit in the damn shoe unless I removed the insole. The elastic bit in the corners wasn't very stretchy. I think I have shin splints from skating without the insoles.

Was hoping that this has changed in the skate classic line but it looks like it hasn't. Not a fan of the checkered tag either for some reason.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2021, 03:23:31 PM »

me. the classic ones though.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2021, 04:27:26 PM »
I've been skating in Sk8-HIs for years. Kind of panicked when I heard they were getting a redesign. I *just* got a pair of the new Skate versions a few hours ago. Vans employee stated that there "are still a lot of Pros around, but they are not in production anymore, and are now mostly being sent outlets." As I type this I am wearing my new pair of skate SK8-HIs. They feel...stiffer...than the Pros, and not really in a good way. Toe box on the left shoe is borderline uncomfortable right now. That has never happened with my Pros before. My standard operation procedure is wear a pair of new shoes around (not-skating) for like two weeks before I skate in them. Based on an out-of-the-box experience, so far I like the Pros better. I'll update as the situation unfolds...
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2021, 05:07:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Interesting to hear people say that the old toe box wouldnt work for them. I've always thought of myself as having a wide foot (and a 13!) and Ive never really had that problem with vans. What I hate that is that I cant wear slipons as the tongue is way too clamped down. I have to cut the little white side things and that's probably not really great for support for skating.
[close]

I know, whats the deal... I bought a pair of the slip-on PROs and the toe box was fine but I couldn't fit in the damn shoe unless I removed the insole. The elastic bit in the corners wasn't very stretchy. I think I have shin splints from skating without the insoles.

Was hoping that this has changed in the skate classic line but it looks like it hasn't. Not a fan of the checkered tag either for some reason.

Others I know were in the same situation.

Use old insoles in new slip ons and the fit is much better.  Then when they stretch out a fair bit and the sole gets softer, put the new ones back in and they feel like newer shoes again for the second half of their life.

This works with a lot of other shoes too, not just Vans and not just with the slip ons.

Wizard0f0dds

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2021, 09:12:14 AM »
I bought some Skate Lampin and had 2 sessions on them so far. Only skated flatground and a manny pad since there's still a lot of snow and everything that comes with it, but so far I like them a lot. The sole feels a little stiffer than the previous vans I had, which is nice since they might last a little longer before they become rags for your feet. I did get a little bit of a blister on the back of my ankle though, but that's what I get for skating brand new shoes without breaking them in. I'm satisfied with the changes so far, they still feel like Vans.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2021, 10:53:45 AM »
The checkerboard pattern really isn’t a big deal at all and I’m more than willing to try some of these, imo. I don’t work for Vans.

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2021, 11:05:43 AM »
Might have to start skating vans again if the new pro classics are stiffer like you guys say it is. I always preferred normal vans over pro's because they get too soft/flexible after a month skating them.

Wizard0f0dds

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2021, 11:52:47 AM »
The checkerboard pattern really isn’t a big deal at all and I’m more than willing to try some of these, imo. I don’t work for Vans.

I actually like the checkerboard tag on the side instead of it saying "VANS", but that's just me. Other than that it's really just inside the shoe (heel panel and shit) that have checkerboard, and I really couldn't care less what the INSIDE of my shoes look like tbh.

Might have to start skating vans again if the new pro classics are stiffer like you guys say it is. I always preferred normal vans over pro's because they get too soft/flexible after a month skating them.

I wouldn't say they are stiff shoes either, but it does feel like it'll hold up a little more than the older version. The rubber around the toe does look like it will hold up longer too, but I could tell you more about that in about 2-3 weeks.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2021, 01:48:02 PM »
Was literally looking at an instagram ad for Vans Skate and wondering if that replaced the pro lineup less than a minute ago. Always weird coincidences on here. Spooky

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 111
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2021, 04:33:43 PM »
I just got a pair of the new skate old skools and they feel pretty good. I didn't like the the old skool pros at all really. Always preferred the the classics. These new ones definitely feel more like the regular classics with just more cushion.

I did a few kickflips and they felt pretty good right off the bat but then I banged up my already fucked ankle and instantly regretted not getting the new half cabs lol.