Author Topic: Memory screen: Flo Marfaing  (Read 1532 times)

Dave1007

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0

JMSneep

• Rep: 147
Memory Screen Remix: Flo Marfaing
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 04:46:45 AM »
Made a new remix of Euro legend Flo Marfaing! Enjoy!

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
Re: Memory Screen Remix: Flo Marfaing
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 05:16:17 AM »
<3

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 118
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 05:44:36 AM »
one of the best!

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 07:21:01 AM »
Yeah, I am feelin ya edit! Great work + had always a good time skatin with flo back in the dayz.

he got robbed by the skate industry

SHEEM

• Rep: 1
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 09:58:44 AM »
Sneep where the hell did you get the instrumentals to JB Gillet and Flo's songs from their lordz part

great video always love your Memory Screen remixes
i cant stress how important it is to smoke copious amounts of marjuiwnana at every given oppoutryunity

marty mcfly

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 10:48:13 AM »

Mario

JMSneep

• Rep: 147
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 01:02:28 PM »
Sneep where the hell did you get the instrumentals to JB Gillet and Flo's songs from their lordz part

great video always love your Memory Screen remixes

Thanks!! And asked for those at the source, Paco who filmed/edited TDGAFAU  :D

Massivebellend

• Rep: -11
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2021, 01:06:59 PM »
Absolute weapon

So fun to watch in person

Ingenting Polisen

• Rep: -1
    • https://imgur.com/a/ErQuTFP avatar image
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2021, 01:17:38 PM »
Met him a couple of years ago, absolutely the nicest pro encounter ever, such great guy on and off the board. Fucking legend

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
Re: Memory screen: Flo Marfaing
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2021, 04:34:50 PM »
Flo is amazing!
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

drewSTEADMAN

• Rep: -27
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2021, 04:41:12 PM »
He is stupid good with such a great style. If you like him you should check out some old Daniel Haney footage that guy had the best trick selection and most graceful style!

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2021, 07:54:19 PM »
He is stupid good with such a great style. If you like him you should check out some old Daniel Haney footage that guy had the best trick selection and most graceful style!
couldn't agree more, if you like flow you'll love daniel haney. Anyone got a gif of that 50 nollie flip from 411?

Flo is incredible, I feel like if the scene was as accepting of euro skaters as it is these days this dude would have been huge.

also, so sick his name is Flo.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1947
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2021, 10:09:02 PM »
Hearing the music from the Lordz video gave me a nostalgia boner, everything he did on that huge hubba ledge was gnarly, Nollie Crooked grind as the ender was the icing on the cake. Plus the sound of his trucks plowing through the crust is magnificent.

It's a shame the sponsorship game didn't always work out for him. Him on Santa Cruz with Alex was weird, but that was 2008-2015 era Santa Cruz when they were having an identity crisis.

Glad I picked this one up from a collector during lockdown last year. I've not seen or held a 7.5" deck is forever, hard to believe I rode this for so long.

Expand Quote
[close]
couldn't agree more, if you like flow you'll love daniel haney. Anyone got a gif of that 50 nollie flip from 411?

Flo is incredible, I feel like if the scene was as accepting of euro skaters as it is these days this dude would have been huge.

Tech ledge tricks - X
Tech manny combos - X
Weird flatground tricks - X
Tech rail tricks - X
Tech hubba tricks - X

The manuals he did in the middle of the video were tight. I think it was a Switch Flip manny Switch Hardflip out - never seen anything like that!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 11:24:38 PM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Brguy

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2021, 11:57:08 PM »
Some tricks I wish there was more lading time to appreciate how nicely he did them. Halfway through the video I already accepted there's not enough concentration in me to grasp all there is in the video, I'll definitively gonna have to watch it more than once.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2021, 12:19:14 AM »
can you fucks please post in the original thread that has already been created by the editor of this masterpiece himself?
k, thanks.
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=115315.0

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2021, 08:07:59 AM »
so good, thank you for editing that, i love Flo and theres some shit there ive never seen before. great edit.
hes definitely one of my favorites. I really do feel hes one of the best street skaters ever, not talking just about skill as a skater, the whole vibe, tricks and skill is a 100% street skater that grew up skating plazas, manual pads, flatground and smoking weed with homies and i fucking love it.
Grew up watching Puzzles, Lordz and his 411 part with carolino, so stoked for this edit

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1947
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2021, 09:27:07 AM »
Posted this in the other thread:

Hearing the music from the Lordz video gave me a nostalgia boner, everything he did on that huge hubba ledge was gnarly, Nollie Crooked grind as the ender was the icing on the cake. Plus the sound of his trucks plowing through the crust is magnificent.

It's a shame the sponsorship game didn't always work out for him. Him on Santa Cruz with Alex was weird, but that was 2008-2015 era Santa Cruz when they were having an identity crisis.

Glad I picked this one up from a collector during lockdown last year. I've not seen or held a 7.5" deck is forever, hard to believe I rode this for so long.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Tech ledge tricks - X
Tech manny combos - X
Weird flatground tricks - X
Tech rail tricks - X
Tech hubba tricks - X

The manuals he did in the middle of the video were tight. I think it was a Switch Flip manny Switch Hardflip out - never seen anything like that!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Brguy

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2021, 10:11:52 AM »
can you fucks please post in the original thread that has already been created by the editor of this masterpiece himself?
k, thanks.
Can't you read the fucking time?

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1067
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2021, 01:39:16 PM »
so good, thank you for editing that, i love Flo and theres some shit there ive never seen before. great edit.
hes definitely one of my favorites. I really do feel hes one of the best street skaters ever, not talking just about skill as a skater, the whole vibe, tricks and skill is a 100% street skater that grew up skating plazas, manual pads, flatground and smoking weed with homies and i fucking love it.
Grew up watching Puzzles, Lordz and his 411 part with carolino, so stoked for this edit

I’ll co-sign here. As I was watching this I was picturing this guy skating with Koston. Lordz was 2003. After he fucked those hubbas up no one really stepped to them. Koston and McCrank got some stuff but this was Tom Penny chain bank from Uno level of spot destruction, but a super dangerous spot.

Imagine if Seek worked out or the move him to Alien. Dudes basically a Kalis that goes big.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1216
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2021, 02:10:31 PM »
All the Le Dome footage at the end really put into perspective how much he absolutely killed those ledges, goddamn.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Grind King Rims

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2021, 02:34:42 PM »
Absolute legend.

I would recommend that anyone reading this should follow his instagram, because he still posts new bangers all the time. AVE and Flo are the two people that come to mind when I think of the best pros over 40.

Has anyone else filmed a line from the very top of Le Dome to the bottom? It's rare enough to see anyone skate the top hubba, but to hit both hubbas and both stair sets is such a giant feat. Holy shit.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2021, 12:01:14 AM »
Expand Quote
k, thanks.
[close]
Can't you read the fucking time?
nah.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2021, 01:08:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ll co-sign here. As I was watching this I was picturing this guy skating with Koston. Lordz was 2003. After he fucked those hubbas up no one really stepped to them. Koston and McCrank got some stuff but this was Tom Penny chain bank from Uno level of spot destruction, but a super dangerous spot.

Imagine if Seek worked out or the move him to Alien. Dudes basically a Kalis that goes big.
and unlike many other pros Flo is still out there daily skating the streets alot, hes still a skate rat. every time ive been in Barcelona ive seen him skate for hours and hours at macba or paralel

joaopedro

• Rep: -38
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2021, 04:16:52 AM »
insane, one of the best to ever touch a skateboard!!

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2021, 06:51:59 AM »
Flo is the fucking best!! And the edit was great.

I've met him at a contest about 12 years ago and it was the nicest from the get go, super humble and down to earth.

Sometimes I still see him around in Barcelona and he's always down to chat, hype the session and of course kill it.

I didn't remember him on Seek, but to be honest I remember the company but I'm still confused about the team. Did he go to Santa Cruz after that? Why isn't he on a legit board company?
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2543
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2021, 07:14:46 AM »
Sick edit, @JMSneep!

I'd really like to see his footage from the 90s, when he was living in Germany.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Dog food

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2021, 07:38:54 AM »
Half french, half amazing. Bummed I can't give him any prescription drugs since I'm not legally a doctor.
I was supposed to be a doctor.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2021, 07:42:50 AM »
Half french, half amazing. Bummed I can't give him any prescription drugs since I'm not legally a doctor.
3 posts deep and your 'I'm not a doctor' joke is already annoying