Author Topic: Best Geoff Rowley Part  (Read 4216 times)

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Best Geoff Rowley Part
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2021, 09:33:12 PM »
Daveed tried to ollie it
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2021, 09:39:36 PM »
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2021, 09:43:48 PM »
He didn’t land the lip slide, but damn was he close.

He got the middle though? Or wait that was a bird slide

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2021, 10:36:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I love Rowley but is it just me or did his video parts never live up to his magazine photos or Vans ads/posters (mostly shot by Daniel Harold Sturt)? He had so many gnarly still images out there but some of them we never got to see on video or when we did it just filmed/edited underwhelmingly?

[close]

Nah it’s not just you. I thought the footage of when he back 360’d into that bank was underwhelming compared to the Thrasher cover photo. I think the video would’ve looked gnarlier if it was shot at a different angle.
[close]

Might be because Sturt was also filming the tricks while taking the photos.. Not the best filming comes from that I would believe 😜
[close]

Isn't that why Geoff brought in a second filmer for the Staples hubba?
[close]

Did he land the middle 2 tricks?   I think there’s a nose slide ad down The Convention Center (please stop calling it the Staples ledge.  Completely different building) ledge that never was on film.

the airwalk ad isn't a make. from the footy i recall he ate shit. fucking psycho for trying it. huuuuge for the time.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2021, 12:04:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I love Rowley but is it just me or did his video parts never live up to his magazine photos or Vans ads/posters (mostly shot by Daniel Harold Sturt)? He had so many gnarly still images out there but some of them we never got to see on video or when we did it just filmed/edited underwhelmingly?

[close]

Nah it’s not just you. I thought the footage of when he back 360’d into that bank was underwhelming compared to the Thrasher cover photo. I think the video would’ve looked gnarlier if it was shot at a different angle.
[close]

Might be because Sturt was also filming the tricks while taking the photos.. Not the best filming comes from that I would believe 😜
[close]

Isn't that why Geoff brought in a second filmer for the Staples hubba?
[close]

Did he land the middle 2 tricks?   I think there’s a nose slide ad down The Convention Center (please stop calling it the Staples ledge.  Completely different building) ledge that never was on film.
[close]

the airwalk ad isn't a make. from the footy i recall he ate shit. fucking psycho for trying it. huuuuge for the time.

San Dieguito Double Set?   The only Jamie Thomas eats shit on in Misled Youth right?  I feel like Chris Lambert or someone uninspiring like that finally conquered it

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2021, 01:44:15 AM »
^

your take on lambert is harsh but entirely true lol

joaopedro

• Rep: -38
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2021, 03:30:08 AM »
sorry part for sure!

no bullshit, not slow mo shit, only raw skating, fast, 234234234 clips, some good slams, pace of the part is perfect, and insane for the time, all that with good music makes the best part in my opinion.

the aproach he got in really sorry is also fire, but I prefer sorry for just being so raw... both are the best rowley parts in my opinion, but sorry is untouchable!

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2021, 12:58:33 PM »
sorry part for sure!

no bullshit, not slow mo shit, only raw skating, fast, 234234234 clips, some good slams, pace of the part is perfect, and insane for the time, all that with good music makes the best part in my opinion.

the aproach he got in really sorry is also fire, but I prefer sorry for just being so raw... both are the best rowley parts in my opinion, but sorry is untouchable!

I second all of this. Plus, I would put his Sorry part in the top 5 parts of all time. Rowley in his prime was magical.

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2021, 01:38:20 PM »
i thought there was vid of that container jump but mb it was a docu on it

sorry

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2021, 02:25:03 PM »

Not a single mention of his Propeller part? I guess he didn't grind enough rails in it for you guys.

This is his ditch skating masterpiece.

Gideon Choi

• Rep: 33
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2021, 03:20:24 PM »
i thought there was vid of that container jump but mb it was a docu on it

sorry

Exactly my point. There was video of the FS 180 container gap. It was in his Extremely Sorry part, blink and you miss it.

quesly

• Rep: 14
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2021, 03:39:03 PM »
probably not his best part but I really enjoyed his part in the vans "Take it Back" video from 2019. Definitely not an old man part like some of the other THPS alumni are putting out lately and he's still actually going for it.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2021, 03:48:49 PM »
I was about to say sorry for sure....

But rowley skating to a cover version of stand by me sung by Lemmy just for him and the video part?

Can‘t top that.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2021, 03:50:22 PM »
I Just came here to say that i love rowleys 360 Flips

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2021, 06:20:38 PM »
I was about to say sorry for sure....

But rowley skating to a cover version of stand by me sung by Lemmy just for him and the video part?

Can‘t top that.

I love Rowley's skating and this part is almost great but there's a handful of things that also bug me about it. Hate all the 360 turn around things and unnecessary sess slides he does. Also wish they left most of the guest tricks out as they dont really suit the part
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2021, 08:53:30 PM »
Wasn't Geoff vegan? What is with the hunting? How do you think Ed feels about it?
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

nivek navillus 25

• Rep: -10
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2021, 09:25:33 PM »
Wasn't Geoff vegan? What is with the hunting? How do you think Ed feels about it?
yes but don't let that make you think he's a boring art fag. geoff doesn't care about anything outside of skateboarding. [his first 'checkout' said words to that effect].
he bailed the giant doubleset that got gap to nosegrinded last year. it was on a TWS vid. he and penny share a part to Sebadoh if someone wants to link that for contention.