Author Topic: "Progress Daily" and Gary Rogers need to stop making youtube content.  (Read 7302 times)

Panettone

Re: "Progress Daily" and Gary Rogers need to stop making youtube content.
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2021, 12:41:01 PM »
All of this shit sucks, goddamn I cannot believe it anytime I see someone on here defending any of it in any context. If I get one more suggested video on YouTube of someone making a skateboard out of peanut butter or whatever dumb fucking concept they come up with, I will fly to San Diego or wherever the fuck and personally kick them in the fucking balls.

Ow..... Big tuff guy....

We are all soooooo scared

Lol

Matthew_James

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2021, 01:12:06 PM »
Gary Rogers abuses the fact that young white kids laugh whenever black guys say the n-word with an animated delivery, and that loses its appeal once those white kids grow up and discover black guys who are actually funny. Whoever compared Gary Rogers to Chappelle needs to be euthanized.

mf's like John Hill and them initially came off as some midwest suburban bible study cornballs, and the fact that they've remained cornballs after being exposed to the diverse culture of skateboarding speaks volumes. It seems like he fused that identity with a tinge of vulnerable narcissism that he picked up while living in NY, and his YouTube channel comes off as an internal struggle between being innately lame & not fully understanding what it is that makes him lame. There are valid reasons why the industry didn't accept him through conventional means, and that's saying a lot since we've seen racists/ woman beaters/ sex offenders/ etc. get a pass.

As for the Braille "WE MADE A SKATEBOARD OUT OF _______" videos, those videos only appeal to non-skateboarders. I don't actually consider that to be skateboard related content, it's basically a sideshow for the uninitiated to gawk at while they stuff their faces with fast food and mountain dew.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2021, 01:42:38 PM »
it would be nice

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2021, 01:53:27 PM »
I watch skateline while I'm at work, it's fine as a time killer.

What do you do for the other 7 hours and 57 minutes of your shift?
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2021, 04:39:30 PM »
YouTube was made for watching Jake Rupps lost part and Matt Reason’s 411 profile. I don’t know what the rest of you guys are doing with it.

drewSTEADMAN

• Rep: -27
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2021, 04:55:37 PM »
YouTube was made for watching Jake Rupps lost part and Matt Reason’s 411 profile. I don’t know what the rest of you guys are doing with it.
[/quote

i was literally just talking about Matt reasons 411 pt to a friend yesterday.. Soo good!

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2021, 04:25:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They only come out once a week so it's more like 39 hours and 57 minutes
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2021, 07:29:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This made me laugh harder than it probably should have.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2021, 08:18:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They only come out once a week so it's more like 39 hours and 57 minutes

mrbazzor

• Rep: 0
  • wagwan piffting
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2021, 11:41:44 AM »
All those skate YouTube’s are super corny and as an older skater it bums me out that they are making my weird little hobby a little less cool with each video but I just put them on ignore and enjoy the parts of skating that I still think are cool.

I used to skate with Dan a long time ago and he was always a cool dude so he gets a pass in my book. I don’t watch his videos but I’m sure making them is way more fun than a normal job so I can’t hate on him.

Things are bound to become less cool the more people do them, that's why you skate for the enjoyment of the activity, not because it makes you look cool.

Petes friend Slimer

• Rep: -27
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2021, 07:07:17 AM »
Gary Rogers abuses the fact that young white kids laugh whenever black guys say the n-word with an animated delivery, and that loses its appeal once those white kids grow up and discover black guys who are actually funny. Whoever compared Gary Rogers to Chappelle needs to be euthanized.

mf's like John Hill and them initially came off as some midwest suburban bible study cornballs, and the fact that they've remained cornballs after being exposed to the diverse culture of skateboarding speaks volumes. It seems like he fused that identity with a tinge of vulnerable narcissism that he picked up while living in NY, and his YouTube channel comes off as an internal struggle between being innately lame & not fully understanding what it is that makes him lame. There are valid reasons why the industry didn't accept him through conventional means, and that's saying a lot since we've seen racists/ woman beaters/ sex offenders/ etc. get a pass.

As for the Braille "WE MADE A SKATEBOARD OUT OF _______" videos, those videos only appeal to non-skateboarders. I don't actually consider that to be skateboard related content, it's basically a sideshow for the uninitiated to gawk at while they stuff their faces with fast food and mountain dew.

Great take on Skateline. I hadn't thought about Gary's use of the n-word in that context. Not dissimliar to Clyde Singleton's Big Brother content? Dawns on me that Gary owes Clyde royalties!
#freedrewSTEADMAN