Author Topic: WBSWB Movement (Wide Board Short Wheelbase)  (Read 77713 times)

spanyard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: WBSWB Movement (Wide Board Short Wheelbase)
« Reply #270 on: April 19, 2021, 06:47:45 AM »
In my experiences, DOA 8.25 have all been 14.25 wb .

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #271 on: April 19, 2021, 11:51:41 AM »
Expand Quote
https://youtu.be/f72qNPTc3F0

I know Santa Cruz isn’t the most well liked brand around here, but they’ve been putting in a lot of effort with their short wb wide decks. Seeing this one in action is pretty sick
[close]
i wish anyone but the "nhs fun factory" would make these but sanding and spray paint will do the trick

at least im forced to cool guy it and act like i dont know about my setup

I'm actually trying for find some DSM/NHS boards as the Alien WS I'm riding feels dead/waterlogged after just couple of weeks (just returned the two I had on ice); I've tried different bearings/wheels/bushings/picot cups, the usual suspects and it's just soggy feeling.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #272 on: April 19, 2021, 01:51:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I know Santa Cruz isn’t the most well liked brand around here, but they’ve been putting in a lot of effort with their short wb wide decks. Seeing this one in action is pretty sick
[close]
i wish anyone but the "nhs fun factory" would make these but sanding and spray paint will do the trick

[close]

I'm actually trying for find some DSM/NHS boards as the Alien WS I'm riding feels dead/waterlogged after just couple of weeks (just returned the two I had on ice); I've tried different bearings/wheels/bushings/picot cups, the usual suspects and it's just soggy feeling.
bbs wood hasnt been nearly as good since covid started
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #273 on: April 19, 2021, 05:29:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Bummed really, love the shape but it just feels dead (more so than usual). But, I also think I'm (as noted) partial to DSM/NHS/Girl/China Wood. So I nabbed this as DSM R7s are tits:

Madness Donde R7
8.5x31.95x14.25"

What I noticed w/the AWS, which I was starting to suspect all along (for the last few boards at 14"/14.1"wb and 31.75"31.8"), is that shorter boards/WB have my front foot creeping up into the front pocket all the time and it feels like I'm mobbing my board; my stance must just be wide so I'm bumping the overall length and WB a notch and sizing down a hair in width from the 8.625"

It's funny, the width I never skate are 8.5" or boards that are 32" - I either go 8.375 or 8.75...it's probably my goldilocks and I just ignore it...but then again, I only used to skate 14.3x WB ;)

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #274 on: April 19, 2021, 05:41:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

For me I feel like bbs decks have been way flatter concave recently. I’ve kinda liked it

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1276
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #275 on: April 19, 2021, 06:32:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Bummed really, love the shape but it just feels dead (more so than usual). But, I also think I'm (as noted) partial to DSM/NHS/Girl/China Wood. So I nabbed this as DSM R7s are tits:

Madness Donde R7
8.5x31.95x14.25"

What I noticed w/the AWS, which I was starting to suspect all along (for the last few boards at 14"/14.1"wb and 31.75"31.8"), is that shorter boards/WB have my front foot creeping up into the front pocket all the time and it feels like I'm mobbing my board; my stance must just be wide so I'm bumping the overall length and WB a notch and sizing down a hair in width from the 8.625"

It's funny, the width I never skate are 8.5" or boards that are 32" - I either go 8.375 or 8.75...it's probably my goldilocks and I just ignore it...but then again, I only used to skate 14.3x WB ;)
The nice thing about 8.5 w/14.25wb is that you have dozens of decks and manus to choose from. You can go into pretty much any decent shop and you could find that size.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #276 on: April 19, 2021, 08:21:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Madness Donde R7
8.5x31.95x14.25"

[close]
The nice thing about 8.5 w/14.25wb is that you have dozens of decks and manus to choose from. You can go into pretty much any decent shop and you could find that size.

It is pretty common - I hit my local up first today, they didn't have any 8.5" with short WBs - pretty slim pickins.

But, I'm also partial to Dwindle wood: Almost/Enjoi/Blind/Darkstar/Madness or NHS/Santa Cruz/Creature  - Madness and Creature being the only brands out of them that do short pops, short meaning under 32" with smaller WBs); Almost and Enjoi are always 32.1" or 32.2" for whatever fucking reason.

I loathe the way BBS/PS feel right out of the gate. They're great/fine decks I just like stupidly crispy/stiff boards. The last 8.5" I rode was the DLX 8.5x31.85x14.25 is was fine except for that soft wood feel (in comparison to the epoxy based boards).

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #277 on: April 21, 2021, 08:11:24 AM »
Anyone know the WB on the Justin Henry 8.5 board? Hoping for a 14.25..

Also anyone know a shop carrying them? I found it at PLA but I’m hoping to find a shop with quasi and FA/Hockey to do a side by side as to which I like better.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #278 on: April 23, 2021, 04:41:45 AM »
just saw this new Quasi posted on paradeworld

Only stats provided are 9.0 wide

I’ll crosspost this and add that it’s a 13.75 wb and for sale at no comply.

https://nocomplyatx.com/products/quasi-skateboards-poolman-skateboard-deck-9-0
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #279 on: April 23, 2021, 06:04:32 AM »
Anyone know the WB on the Justin Henry 8.5 board? Hoping for a 14.25..

Also anyone know a shop carrying them? I found it at PLA but I’m hoping to find a shop with quasi and FA/Hockey to do a side by side as to which I like better.

I cannot bring up the actual shop page, but the specs show this info from Google:

Quasi Game 7 (8.5) Justin Henry Pro ¦ 8.5" x 32.125" WB 14.25" ¦ Manufactured at PS Stix ¦ Original Artwork by Andrew Durgin-Barnes.

https://www.embassyboardshop.com/skate/decks/quasi/game-85-pid-15221

Also saw this from the "Bought recently" thread:

Went into my skateshop to grab risers and ended up copping Justin Henry’s pro board

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #280 on: April 23, 2021, 10:12:41 AM »
Thanks Brim, I ended up ordering that same JH board and another Quasi as well as 2 FA’s. I’ve just given up on 8.5 14in wb with that shape. I skate fine on the 14.25 i need to stop convincing myself I gotta change shit up haha.

spanyard

« Reply #281 on: April 23, 2021, 05:22:11 PM »
Quasi just dropped their SP21 decks on their site for those still looking for those WBSWB shapes...

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #282 on: April 23, 2021, 07:08:43 PM »
Anyone ever ride this board? Trying to see if it's in the 14" club, can't find any info online...

https://www.paradeworld.com/ca/products/alltimers-consumer-affairs-cruiser-deck-825-1-4440648482903/

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2021, 08:28:37 PM »
Quasi just dropped their SP21 decks on their site for those still looking for those WBSWB shapes...

Only 3 8.5’s, one is 14.5 the other 2 are 14.25. I guessed right and I’m stoked.

spanyard

« Reply #284 on: April 24, 2021, 06:41:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Only 3 8.5’s, one is 14.5 the other 2 are 14.25. I guessed right and I’m stoked.

sweet. What trucks are you riding? I picked up the JHenry slick and gonna run 149 Ti's to shorten the WB.

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #285 on: April 24, 2021, 11:22:24 AM »
I run venture 5.8s. They feel the best to me.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #286 on: April 24, 2021, 03:36:56 PM »
Once I get back at work or get cleared for disability, I might cop that Alien Zen is running. I wanna run my 5.6 ventures on it. I like a good magic carpet ride so, should be fun.

If it's too much, I'll just grab some new trucks. Been on the 8.25 train, but can't help but wanting to switch it up. We'll see.
The chillest1

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #287 on: April 24, 2021, 10:59:06 PM »
Anyone ridden the theories special delivery shape?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

spanyard

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #290 on: April 25, 2021, 09:58:35 PM »

Ha yes I saw that and instantly thought of this thread too.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

antarctica

• Rep: 21
  • why
« Reply #291 on: April 26, 2021, 08:20:04 AM »
https://www.alienworkshop.com/collections/decks/products/visitor-8-75-p-b

8.75 x 32.25 with a 14.25 wb

Edit: Habitat also has a deck out with the same dimensions

https://habitatskateboards.com/collections/decks/products/dela-eye-level-1-8-125-8-75-p-b

Also side note, I know 8.5 isnt that wide but for anybody looking for 8.5s with 14.25 wb that arent FA/Hockey id suggest checking alien's and habitat's websites, they got a couple nice ones.

anti-bolts

• Rep: -2
  • andy shitcock
« Reply #292 on: April 27, 2021, 11:26:46 AM »
is habitat/aws still ps or have they moved to bbs

spanyard

« Reply #293 on: April 27, 2021, 12:52:42 PM »
BBS as of recent afaik

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #294 on: April 27, 2021, 01:04:46 PM »
is habitat/aws still ps or have they moved to bbs

If you are in Europe you will probably get decks made at DSM.
IG: @flowterspace

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #295 on: April 28, 2021, 09:43:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Just spotted the dimensions on this Madness board and kinda tempted.

8.75 x 31.95
Wb 14.25
Nose 6.65
Tail 6.5
Mellow concave, steep kick

https://www.oldskullskateboards.com/madness-skin-flip-r7-deck-8-75/
[close]
ordered one a couple of days ago, should be closer to 31.75 i think since the nose is shorter. will measure when it comes in
Bought this yesterday. It's 31.95 if you stretch the tape end to end, more like 32.25 if it hugs the board. Also the shop i bought it from was wrong about the kicks, i would describe them as mellow. Also the nose is less snubby and squarish than i expected but I'm not mad.

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #296 on: May 01, 2021, 11:53:54 AM »
Tired released some new decks that fall into the WBSWB category.

Length 32 3/8"
Width 9 3/8"
Wheelbase 13 7/8"
Nose 7 7/8"
Tail 7"

« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 12:04:23 PM by DeepSpace9mm »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #297 on: May 01, 2021, 07:39:26 PM »
i have this weirdo stigma against riding tired boards, im not old yet.....their titleist graphic big boy does have some nice dims though. someone should pick it up
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2021, 11:13:37 AM »
I'm curious about Jawn Gardner's custom pro shape that's 8.8" wide with a 14" wb. I know he likes skating Creature's stump shapes, but that's even stumpier than usual.

Would it be too weird to ride for transition and such?

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2021, 12:01:43 PM »
I'm curious about Jawn Gardner's custom pro shape that's 8.8" wide with a 14" wb. I know he likes skating Creature's stump shapes, but that's even stumpier than usual.

Would it be too weird to ride for transition and such?

I think it’d be great in transition. Nice and wide but the short wb would let you turn pretty sharply. I really enjoy transition on a 14.25 wb and I’m sure 14 is great too, especially with the wider deck