Author Topic: Opteka fisheyes and the MK1 alternatives are all made by the same company  (Read 2326 times)

suckmadeck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 28

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
Re: Opteka fisheyes and the MK1 alternatives are all made by the same company
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 05:14:10 PM »
Always suspected such. Good thing I never bought one from Deathlens fisheye sales and just got Opteka once they came around.

Also, pretty sure the blue vig has always been an issue. I remember it being the main complaint about them on skateperception

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 06:07:22 PM »
absolute beast

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 489
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 01:31:29 AM »
that was dope. thanks for the work and the insights. i will sponsor you from now on (with gnars)

so the skate footage in the video was all filmed using one of these, right? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000763533997.html
how was it getting it shipped to EU, like with taxes and stuff?

good work. keep it up. really enjoyed your video.

fickdiepolizei666

• Rep: -7

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 09:05:46 PM »
Top work mate, cheers for the insight

suckmadeck

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 05:10:40 PM »
Always suspected such. Good thing I never bought one from Deathlens fisheye sales and just got Opteka once they came around.

Also, pretty sure the blue vig has always been an issue. I remember it being the main complaint about them on skateperception

Good choice! And has it? My 72mm Opteka doesn't have this issue yet my Kapkur does, it's quite confusing at this point

suckmadeck

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 05:11:42 PM »
that was dope. thanks for the work and the insights. i will sponsor you from now on (with gnars)

so the skate footage in the video was all filmed using one of these, right? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000763533997.html
how was it getting it shipped to EU, like with taxes and stuff?

good work. keep it up. really enjoyed your video.

Most of the footage was shot on Opteka/Kapkur lenses that's right. And the videos on my channel shot on a VX1000, I've used the Kapkur lens. And cheers!

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 07:26:40 PM »
you sir do some amazing work, almost like you were on SP back in the day. Thansk again

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2021, 05:33:33 AM »
Oh word! Thanks for the insight.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

suckmadeck

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2021, 09:41:42 AM »
you sir do some amazing work, almost like you were on SP back in the day. Thansk again

I very much appreciate that. Anything for the community! And I was only on SP for a few months before it died a death. God I miss that website.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2021, 09:58:28 AM »
This was great! Good to know that they are the same

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2021, 12:29:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Good choice! And has it? My 72mm Opteka doesn't have this issue yet my Kapkur does, it's quite confusing at this point

Mine does but it’s not crazy bad. But it’s there none the less

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2021, 12:55:20 PM »
Wish more people knew this. That VX1000market guy was ordering rebranded opteka from aliexpress and selling them for almost $100 more, im sure a bunch of people got ripped off from how he was advertising it.

Correct me if im wrong but there is no in between with a opteka or a century mk2. You're either getting a opteka, overpaying for a rebranded opteka, or got lucky and found a mk2.

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2021, 02:17:18 PM »
Wish more people knew this. That VX1000market guy was ordering rebranded opteka from aliexpress and selling them for almost $100 more, im sure a bunch of people got ripped off from how he was advertising it.

Correct me if im wrong but there is no in between with a opteka or a century mk2. You're either getting a opteka, overpaying for a rebranded opteka, or got lucky and found a mk2.

If you mean there isn’t a lens that’s in between not that I’m aware of. Or at least that’s suitable for skating.

I can vouch for Death lens fisheye sales when it comes to selling actual MK2s. If you DM him he has a ton of them on hand usually. I bought one a few years ago but sold it back because I wasn’t using it. I regret that now haha.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 117
Curious if anyone has used Kapkur’s $45 baby death lens? I could not find any footage examples but I just ordered one for a handycam type setup on a whim because it was so cheap and it seems Optekas are out of production anyway. I would be elated to know that these are the same lenses or at least as good as the Opteka baby death!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000763464108.html

suckmadeck

Curious if anyone has used Kapkur’s $45 baby death lens? I could not find any footage examples but I just ordered one for a handycam type setup on a whim because it was so cheap and it seems Optekas are out of production anyway. I would be elated to know that these are the same lenses or at least as good as the Opteka baby death!

I mean considering they make most if not all Opteka lenses then it should in theory be the same!

baustin

Expand Quote

[close]

I mean considering they make most if not all Opteka lenses then it should in theory be the same!

Happy to report the fisheye looks insanely good on my little Canon HF20!

Footage below, fisheye clips with the Kapkur 37mm + one spacer begin at 2:21. The clips before that I was using a cruddy little wide angle that shipped with the camera.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 08:27:07 AM by baustin »

nickpaolucci

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Footage below, fisheye clips with the Kapkur 37mm + one spacer begin at 2:21. The clips before that I was using a cruddy little wide angle that shipped with the camera.

nice! line at n. atlanta high was sick

baustin

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

nice! line at n. atlanta high was sick

Thank you, that’s me  :)

Also, not to put you on blast but your part in the Streebo vid is legend status