Author Topic: If impossible wasn't called an impossible, what could it have been called?  (Read 2255 times)

EXTRA SPICY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: If impossible wasn't called an impossible, what could it have been called?
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2021, 08:53:49 PM »
360 wrap for sure.

I like this because then we’d have a name for that cool pressure shuv Kader does too. That becomes the wrap, and then 360/540/720+ wraps thereafter.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

LUGR

• Rep: 47
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2021, 09:40:02 PM »
Slankle

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 164
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2021, 09:44:36 PM »

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2021, 12:23:38 AM »
I'd a called em chazwazzas.

Honestly this is a better name, but here in America we'd probably just call them bullfrogs.

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2021, 07:15:14 AM »
A trick only 5% of skaters can actually do properly. I hate seeing a barely wrapped impossible where it just 360shoves while staying in contact with the sole of the shoe, in my personal opinion if the board doesn’t wrap around your entire shoe, wrapping around your shoe laces (like Dylan’s) then to you just did a 3 shove in my mind. I hate when kids do this in games of skate and I have to humor them as if they are Dylan Rieder
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2021, 07:18:38 AM »
A trick only 5% of skaters can actually do properly. I hate seeing a barely wrapped impossible where it just 360shoves while staying in contact with the sole of the shoe, in my personal opinion if the board doesn’t wrap around your entire shoe, wrapping around your shoe laces (like Dylan’s) then to you just did a 3 shove in my mind. I hate when kids do this in games of skate and I have to humor them as if they are Dylan Rieder
Agree, playing games of skate where people do a 360 shuv on defense and look at you for approval is an awkward one too.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2021, 10:01:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Agree, playing games of skate where people do a 360 shuv on defense and look at you for approval is an awkward one too.
360 imposters lame but
how serious do you take skate to not count them

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2021, 10:14:15 AM »
^ I have low standards for counting people's stuff in games of SKATE because it's mostly kids who want to play me (when it's someone older who takes it overly seriously though, and has no class, I play mind games and troll them hard as fuck) but for real, some impossibles attempts I see are ridiculous and really just 360 shoves with barely any foot contact, so they look like the pizza dough styled 360 pop shoves just near the wrong foot, so it's really a different trick and I can see the dilemma - although to be honest, I find that grey area hilarious since that trick made a comeback. The proper technique is so different from what was trending before that (scraped trick vs. popped tricks), you can tell how some people struggle really hard to 'fit in' but in reality the trick is so unnatural to do for them, they just fail at getting there and it's on footage that gets used too. Kind of makes you think 'well, just keep doing 360 flips then, or did you sell your soul'.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 10:21:39 AM by silhouette »

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2021, 11:16:46 AM »
vertical wraparound

That way no one could shamelessly go around calling 360 shove its impossibles.

TheDingus

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2021, 11:21:43 AM »
The Dylan.