Author Topic: Fs Tailslide Kickflips  (Read 600 times)

shitsandwich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -54
Fs Tailslide Kickflips
« on: January 31, 2021, 12:35:41 PM »
Any tips on this trick? This might be a dumb question but should I be able to kick flip out of tail stalls well or is that not even necessary?

larry leadfoot

• Rep: 151
Re: Fs Tailslide Kickflips
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 02:00:25 PM »
Learnt these last year after finding the right ledge for it. You can skip the stall part but it canít hurt.

My biggest tip is focus on the front tail. Itís like with almost all flip/shuv out tricks. If you focus too much on coming out (the kick flip out) itíll be harder. Keep doing tailslides to the point where you have the most control when popping out. I spent a session just doing tailslides until I thought the pop out had enough time for a kickflip.

I felt like jumping with the board was a problem for me. I started to treat it like a box. Start in the left hand bottom corner and jump diagonally to the top right hand corner (if goofy).

Globes Opinion made me depressed for years.

larry leadfoot

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 02:04:09 PM »
Pretty much foot positioning doesnít matter too much. If youíre comfy in a front tail just start going for them from there.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 04:38:46 PM »
Are you trying to get them to regular or to fakie? To regular I tend to think of it like a halfcab flip, and to fakie I tend to think of it as a fs flip. The biggest thing is getting comfortable sitting on you front tail for 6 ft or longer and being able to get a slight pop out in the direction of your choosing. Once you can do that consistently you just gotta start flicking and hoping for the best

shitsandwich

• Rep: -54
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 07:21:53 PM »
Thanks for the tips dudes. The flick isn't coming natural, which is why I was wondering if people practiced them without sliding first, but I think I need to practice sliding longer distances

larry leadfoot

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 12:32:03 AM »
Are you trying to get them to regular or to fakie? To regular I tend to think of it like a halfcab flip, and to fakie I tend to think of it as a fs flip. The biggest thing is getting comfortable sitting on you front tail for 6 ft or longer and being able to get a slight pop out in the direction of your choosing. Once you can do that consistently you just gotta start flicking and hoping for the best

These are good tips. My ones to regular sometimes feel like a half cab flip and to fakie definitely feel like a fs flip. I was going to say this but I wasn't sure if others felt the same.

I never did one as a stall and my kickflips are pretty garbage. I've only done one to fakie but a fair few to regular. One session was a lot of flicking and hoping for the best.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 02:27:35 AM by larry leadfoot »

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: -11
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 02:14:36 PM »
Thanks for the tips dudes. The flick isn't coming natural, which is why I was wondering if people practiced them without sliding first, but I think I need to practice sliding longer distances

coming from someone who is an avid power-kickflipper (or whatever its called when you stand on ur tail and kickflip off a ledge into a bank or something) I would say it helps quite a bit to practice those so they kinda come automatically