Author Topic: Grinding a sliding on a bank to ledge  (Read 681 times)

Gbeerme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Grinding a sliding on a bank to ledge
« on: February 05, 2021, 10:47:41 AM »
I've never skated bank to ledges much except for straight on stall type tricks and parallel pyramid type approach.  There is a long one at my local and the ledge is about 10" high. People approach it at 30degree angles and grind/slide the thing for 15 feet.  Whats the secret to popping strong on a bank to ledge while approaching at an angle? The approaching angle fucks with my head and I think if I have  new perspective I can get this thing down. Besides speed it seems I should be leaning back further or some type of weight distribution and/or popping faster.  Any advice would be swell.  Pic of the  bank to ledge here.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 11:17:17 AM by Gbeerme »

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
Re: Grinding a sliding on a bank to ledge
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 11:41:37 AM »
Hard to say without knowing what happens when you try but yeah they're all about committing to leaning away from the box while you're approaching up the bank. That's what makes you keep your speed and also get a solid ollie without your board getting lost behind you. Just gotta risk that slip out onto your back

edit - wait that picture is smaller than my cock. Is it a bank to ledge or a ledge running along the top of a bank?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Gbeerme

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 12:12:22 PM »
Pic

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 12:15:00 PM »
Oh right bit of both then. Well what's happening when you try it?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Gbeerme

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 12:26:20 PM »
Just not popping well at all.  Think I'm hitting the side of my tail instead of center like when going over a pyramid.  Leaning like you stated feels weak because of off balance weight distribution.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 06:19:39 PM »
In my experience, I tend to do better approaching it mentally like a regular ledge, just riding up at a bit more of an angle than a flat ledge. Get comfortable doing 50-50’s then just work up to your other go to ledge tricks. So long as the bank isn’t crazy steep it’s mostly a mental thing. All that said I still get too in my head about them aside from the mellow one at the local DIY.

Also, Is this park in San Diego? If so I think I’ve been there. If I remember right this thing doesn’t have great roll up, or a weird approach or something?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 08:23:11 AM »
I'd approach it at the most god awful angle ever ie straight on-ish and then dial it towards parallel.....I'm a bit of a chicken shit and have a lazy Ollie....

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 09:05:25 AM »
I'd approach it at the most god awful angle ever ie straight on-ish and then dial it towards parallel.....I'm a bit of a chicken shit and have a lazy Ollie....
I'd actually say this is the best way. A lot of us started skating curbs by doing stationary tricks first. This approach extended to bank to curb then bank to bench as documented in early videos. Once you get over the speed difference compared to doing the same on flat, then you can start altering your approach angle.