Author Topic: Arbor Welcomes Greyson Fletcher  (Read 10661 times)

Blinded

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
Re: Arbor Welcomes Greyson Fletcher
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2021, 05:55:29 PM »
as close of homies he is to whoever, thoes ocmpanies like madness, creature, and blood wizard probably dont want to kill thier underground vibe by having a mainstream kookster on it. these guys are very self aware of thier audience. having an ex-element rider and lets face it he is kinda hollywood with the dad and grandpa surfers all start rocking it. they may not want that kind of look on their brand idk. there is a following that comes with having ppl like that on your brand i think.

For you being on slap for so many years I expect better posts from you. Please come back next time with some real comments and not some TMZ BS. Simple search and I found a video showing they have done collabs with each other. Plus speculating on someones family without knowing them is as kooky as it gets.

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2021, 06:06:32 PM »
Expand Quote
as close of homies he is to whoever, thoes ocmpanies like madness, creature, and blood wizard probably dont want to kill thier underground vibe by having a mainstream kookster on it. these guys are very self aware of thier audience. having an ex-element rider and lets face it he is kinda hollywood with the dad and grandpa surfers all start rocking it. they may not want that kind of look on their brand idk. there is a following that comes with having ppl like that on your brand i think.
[close]

For you being on slap for so many years I expect better posts from you. Please come back next time with some real comments and not some TMZ BS. Simple search and I found a video showing they have done collabs with each other. Plus speculating on someones family without knowing them is as kooky as it gets.

Blood Wizard put on Tristan Rennie last year. He is on the Olympic park team and wears a rockstar hat to sleep. I am pretty sure they don't give a fuck if you were on element.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2021, 06:12:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The only respectable snowboard brands are capita and dinosaurs will die

That’s it end of story

Edit* lib tech makes alright gear
[close]

You need to snowboard more
[close]

Pretty much all set with snowboarding after this part haha

90% of snowboarders are trust fund party jocks anyway no thanks
[close]

You base the ‘respectability’ brand off their videos more than their product? Scott is one of my favorite riders a for sure, but it doesn’t say much about the boards themselves.  This ain’t skateboarding where its all 7-ply wood with pretty much same technology for the last 40 years.

I’m cornfused

I shared one of my fav snow parts and that means I don’t like capita product?

My childhood friend works for capita I’ve had the same lib tech for like 10 years I just cruise I don’t really care about boards tbh but I would say capita art direction + their manufacturing is pretty on point compared to most snowboard companies. I like dwd art direction a lot.

It’s funny because from what I see the most sought after snowboards are the old skate brand collabs like shortys and alien

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2021, 06:19:50 PM »
Is this longboard company worse then riding for element ? I honestly don't know...

His career is now...one foot...in the grave.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2021, 06:21:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

That’s it end of story

[close]

[close]

[close]

You base the ‘respectability’ brand off their videos more than their product? Scott is one of my favorite riders a for sure, but it doesn’t say much about the boards themselves.  This ain’t skateboarding where its all 7-ply wood with pretty much same technology for the last 40 years.
[close]

I’m cornfused

My childhood friend works for capita I’ve had the same lib tech for like 10 years I just cruise I don’t really care about boards tbh but I would say capita art direction + their manufacturing is pretty on point compared to most snowboard companies. I like dwd art direction a lot.

It’s funny because from what I see the most sought after snowboards are the old skate brand collabs like shortys and alien

Just wanting to clarify, you talk about board company ‘respectability’ in your first post, and you name 2 companies.

One of which is kind of a small niche company, the other being a larger one. Neither are particularly outstanding from what I understand (the only DWD board I ever had was a piece of shit, actually), so I’m not getting how you rank respectability.

Your next two posts feature a video, and talk about art direction. So what I’m getting from you is ‘marketing is more important to respectability than actual product quality’.

Which makes me think you don’t actually snowboard that much, which brings me back to my first comment.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2021, 06:37:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

That’s it end of story

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m cornfused

[close]

Just wanting to clarify, you talk about board company ‘respectability’ in your first post, and you name 2 companies.

One of which is kind of a small niche company, the other being a larger one. Neither are particularly outstanding from what I understand (the only DWD board I ever had was a piece of shit, actually), so I’m not getting how you rank respectability.

Your next two posts feature a video, and talk about art direction. So what I’m getting from you is ‘marketing is more important to respectability than actual product quality’.

Which makes me think you don’t actually snowboard that much, which brings me back to my first comment.

Holy fucking snowboard snob
I’m Getting a head ache reading your comments

A snowboard is literally wood metal glue resin materials and a drawing. A snowboard company is owners/workers/riders plus the products and Advertisements(videos and magazine photos)

I like dwd advertisements and the art on their boards.
I like capita for manufacturing in Australia and trying to be environmentally sustainable. The graphics are ok some seasons far better than others. I love their videos.

I definitely don’t snowboard much but I know a few people who do and I’ve never heard them complain about capita or dwd boards or jackets or whatever else.

So whose this “outstanding” company that I didn’t mention and you’re just so upset about???

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2021, 06:52:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

That’s it end of story

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m cornfused

[close]

[close]

A snowboard is literally wood metal glue resin materials and a drawing. A snowboard company is owners/workers/riders plus the products and Advertisements(videos and magazine photos)

I like capita for manufacturing in Australia and trying to be environmentally sustainable. The graphics are ok some seasons far better than others. I love their videos.

I definitely don’t snowboard much but I know a few people who do and I’ve never heard them complain about capita or dwd boards or jackets or whatever else.

So whose this “outstanding” company that I didn’t mention and you’re just so upset about???

The one naming companies like some kind of authority is you, not me.

“ The only respectable snowboard brands are capita and dinosaurs will die
That’s it end of story “

I just wanted to check how much you actually know, since you acted like an authority. If you act like you know it all, be prepared for people to question it. .
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2021, 06:53:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

That’s it end of story

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m cornfused

[close]

[close]

::)

Take this shit to r/snowboarding
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2021, 07:06:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

That’s it end of story

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m cornfused

[close]

[close]

[close]

The one naming companies like some kind of authority is you, not me.

“ The only respectable snowboard brands are capita and dinosaurs will die
That’s it end of story “

I just wanted to check how much you actually know, since you acted like an authority. If you act like you know it all, be prepared for people to question it. .

I’m sorry you took that comment so serious. I am really interested in who your favorite snowboard brand is?!?

It must be so much better than mine considering neither are “outstanding” to you

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2021, 07:11:27 PM »
Sorry to derail thread but fuck arbor skateboards.

It’s cool they are paying Greyson but would
He ever ride a arbor deck if they weren’t?

better than revive but worse than element

Might as well fast forward two years to his welcome
To blood wizard part

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2021, 08:19:11 PM »
he's MAGA.  case closed

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2021, 11:46:34 PM »
Can´t watch this dude skate because he points his toes outward while doing it. Thinking about it he kinda fits on a snowboard brand...

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2021, 12:43:45 AM »
I did not fucking see this thread getting so contentious.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 721
  • Free Max B
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2021, 02:43:42 AM »
What the fuck are you morons even talking about.

Take this shit to Reddit. Delete this thread nobody
Gives a shit except a few snowboarders apparently.

Free max b 
FREE MAX B

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2021, 03:01:07 AM »
Snowboarders are the worst

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2021, 03:31:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Greyson Fletcher thread?, better post my favourite clip.

[close]

Noticed the Flip deck, was he flow at any point? He actually would have been a good addition to the team

Bro I like that clip too, I mean I don’t really know the guy but to me at least, this is good skateboarding
There’s this Hurley clip from Bondi where jack is saying shit like fuck a chicken scratch I’m going five feet dude
Pisser
Each to their own for sure, but to me anyway this is skateboarding
listen to cosmic psychos

dannyprovolone

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2021, 03:36:03 AM »

Art Greco

• Rep: 14
    • Skate2Junkies avatar image
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2021, 04:19:01 AM »
Setting the snowboard talk aside, because literally no one cares... it would have been rad if Greyson had gone to Z-Flex, since they’re under the same parent company as Arbor.

Z-Flex is a storied brand with a sick history.  I could get behind a 2021 Z-Flex revival.
What's going on over at https://skate2junkies.proboards.com/ ???

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2021, 05:26:46 AM »
Shoutout to Amelia Brodka. She never gives Jersey any love for being where she's actually from but it would be interesting to see an arbor video

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2021, 06:46:59 AM »
he's MAGA.  case closed
Everyone who says they are 100% skateboarders are probably MAGA in the closet. Any proofs of Greyson being a alt right kook?

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 721
  • Free Max B
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2021, 09:30:11 AM »
Expand Quote
he's MAGA.  case closed
[close]
Everyone who says they are 100% skateboarders are probably MAGA in the closet. Any proofs of Greyson being a alt right kook?
interesting and true. is andy roy MAGA? he covered up his 100% tattoo with that "AHH Real Monsters" thing so now i dont know where he stands.

that was a good show when i was a kid though. shit was kinda bugged out.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2021, 09:47:44 AM »
Setting the snowboard talk aside, because literally no one cares... it would have been rad if Greyson had gone to Z-Flex, since they’re under the same parent company as Arbor.

Z-Flex is a storied brand with a sick history.  I could get behind a 2021 Z-Flex revival.

I've seen the Z-Flex crew at the Venice park now and again, rippers.

Nigel Houston

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2021, 11:32:36 AM »
One thing that always puzzled me about Element is that they signed all these top-level pros, who then all but… disappeared.

Like Jeremy Wray. Signed on Element, hardly ever released footage again.

Are they saving footage for some mega video that never sees the light of day?

So many other examples, like Apples, Chard TimTim and more.

Sign to Element… never to be seen again.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2021, 12:12:14 PM »
he's MAGA.  case closed

You're saying this guy might have some shitty views? Color me shocked.

Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2021, 12:36:35 PM »
He showed up to my local park and went 3 gears faster than anyone else I have seen.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2021, 12:50:11 PM »

Sick handle

Again, used to work there. Absolutely no chance anything close to a revival is going to happen. They tried doing that in 2015 with the Mastercraft line w/ Dressen and George Wilson and they got rid of everyone who came up with that line. Cut the entire team, and started putting out Walmart level graphics. Z died with Jay

dannyprovolone

« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2021, 01:25:52 PM »
the 100% skateboarder thing is a white power thing

wasn't indy putting that on t-shirts?

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2021, 07:20:54 PM »

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2021, 08:49:54 PM »
the 100% skateboarder thing is a white power thing

wasn't indy putting that on t-shirts?

As far as I know Jay Adams and Jason Jessee were the ones who really pushed the 100% skateboarder thing. Not like either of those two have some questionable options or anything.

Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW