Author Topic: Cupsole Recommendations  (Read 35737 times)

Murray Hewitt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Cupsole Recommendations
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2021, 01:31:08 AM »
Ave Pro, Emerica Spanky G6 and NB 440 have all been great experiences personally. All have good balance between boardfeel and cushion. Spanky is probably my #1 pick for overall as a good price and doesn't blow out quick.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2021, 04:23:37 AM »
I've been in DCs for a while, but was never a huge fan of how wide they are in the forefoot... I have very skinny ankles and narrow feet. Despite this I would def recommend DC Maswell, I've skated 3 pairs and for the price they are a great cupsole with a good amount of height around the ankle. If you can find a pair still, the DC Tiago S was also fantastic, I had a few pairs of those.

Have been searching for my Goldilocks shoe for ages, and think i've finally found it in the Adidas Tyshawn - very supportive stock insoles, which have an actual arch (unusual for skate shoes IMO), and they are narrow all the way through. Perfect if you have narrow feet...I compared the standard insoles with my Remind Destins and the level of arch support is comparable enough that I don't think I need to use the Destins in the Tyshawns.

Size wise, I would say that the Tyshawns run about 1/4 of a size smaller than DCs...I got away with my usual DC shoe size, but only just.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2021, 07:32:47 AM »
New Balance 440. That is the shoe that made me a cupsole believer. Supportive, grippy, durable, and readily available. They look great and I love that I don't need to do any kind of insole swap to make them feel right.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2021, 08:43:30 AM »
Tyshawn’s shoe is a great option but definitely .5 size up if you have a wider foot. I’ve got a wider foot and wear a 9 in most shoes and the Tyshawn crushed my toes in a 9 but fit like a glove in 9.5. Maybe tts for narrow footers but that was not my experience.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2021, 10:52:06 AM »
Ave pros are really good, this been mentioned many times.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2021, 10:55:00 AM »
Think I'ma give adidas superstars a shot one day...corey duffel skates the non skate ones (the og regular she'll toes) and says they are super good.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2021, 11:22:26 AM »
Surprised no one has mentioned Etnies Marana or Joslin 1 yet. Easily, two of the best current cupsoles. Comfortable, durable, they look great (at least I think so) and skate great!

Marana Mid is another option but those are so hard to find now. Doesn't seem like they're keeping them in production as frequently as the regular Marana.

Will also vouch for these:
- Kalis S and Legacy Slim, but do an insole swap on both of those shoes. Stock DC insoles are garbage most of the time.
- Proper Rook or Cinex, not Conquista, though. Too narrow in the toe for me personally and the heel look isn't as good as the other two from them.
- Emerica Alcove CC, Gamma, Spanky G6 (only if you like super thin uppers though)
- Es Quattro, Evant, Accel Slim Plus (stock insole or swap)
- NB# 1010, 440 (low and hi)
- Adidas Tyshawn, Copa Nationale
- Nike SB Dunks (but we know how difficult these are to get right now...)
Super Champion Fun Zone

kimura

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 15
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2021, 11:45:10 AM »
I love my Joslin 1's. I would buy 1/2 size up though. YMMV

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2021, 12:16:34 PM »
Can also vouch for the Maranas, I had two pairs of lows a few years back and tried the mids out recently.

Only reason I swerved the mids recently is due to them feeling quite wide around the ankle (mine are pretty skinny), but if you have a mid to wide foot, the Maranas are a great shout....the Michelin sole and insoles were particularly impressive.

Has anyone skated the cupsole Lakai Telford highs? I was looking at these but thought they may come up to wide for me...I heard Lakai generally run wide?

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2021, 12:42:31 PM »
Converse Fastbreak Mids are also pretty good, I noticed nobody mentioned them yet.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2021, 12:53:12 PM »
+1 on the Etnies Maranas, they just feel so good with my wide feet and shitty knees. They’re also super fucking durable and will outlast the majority of skate shoes on the market. If your foot is narrower maybe go with the Joslins instead, they’re just as durable.

Bonafied Playa

• Rep: 1
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2021, 01:27:04 PM »
eS accel og all day, it is by far the most comfortable shoe ive ever skated, plus they fit like a glove so thats all ive been buying recently

anti-bolts

• Rep: -2
  • andy shitcock
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2021, 02:11:27 PM »
dc lynx og/lukoda

skate warehouse has both in some sizes left for about 60-70 since theres an extra 20 percent off on sale items

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2021, 03:17:58 PM »
I only skate cupsoles that are on the thin side, and I've skated and would highly recommend a lot of the other shoes already recommended in this thread. My top picks are Vans Crockett Highs (lows are great too but I prefer mid or high tops), Cons Fastbreaks, and Emerica Spanky G6s. All three of these are very supportive shoes and still have a decent amount of boardfeel. I also had a pair of the OG Adidas Sambas that skated great and lasted surprisingly long.

For what it's worth, I copped my homie a pair of DC Legacy Silms for this birthday back in like March or April. He was stoked on them and still somehow skating them now, even though there's holes in the soles. I think he just now found some replacement DCs for like $40 online. They're super easy to find for cheap online.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2021, 03:35:57 PM »
Converse Fastbreak Mids are also pretty good, I noticed nobody mentioned them yet.

I've always wanted to check these out but have never seen them local to try on and with cons sizing and some saying size up, others down, I just never bit.

Picked up some 1010s last night on a whim and a discount code as my only other cups are ADIDAS ST003s and I never liked how they gripped, always felt slippery (like most adidas that aren't gum).

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2021, 03:52:01 PM »
Tyshawn's are great.  On my second pair.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2021, 04:10:19 PM »
Does the tysshawn not have the heel drop like the busenitz?

no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2021, 04:25:08 PM »
Second this. Specially the all suede pairs

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2021, 04:56:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've always wanted to check these out but have never seen them local to try on and with cons sizing and some saying size up, others down, I just never bit.

Picked up some 1010s last night on a whim and a discount code as my only other cups are ADIDAS ST003s and I never liked how they gripped, always felt slippery (like most adidas that aren't gum).

How those 1010's fitting? They look comfortable but looks can be deceiving.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Garbagewagon

• Rep: 5
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2021, 06:05:09 PM »
Think I'ma give adidas superstars a shot one day...corey duffel skates the non skate ones (the og regular she'll toes) and says they are super good.

I know you mentioned the regular ones but I just got a pair of the ADV Superstars in my usual size and they feel big, also super stiff out of the box. I usually do the Busenitz Pro, but wanted to try something different.

Not Fucking Awesome

• Rep: 0
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2021, 07:56:31 PM »
I like the Spanky g6, and I just picked up the new gammas. Emerica's the only skate shoe I want buy tho.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2021, 08:25:26 PM »
+1 on the Etnies Maranas, they just feel so good with my wide feet and shitty knees. They’re also super fucking durable and will outlast the majority of skate shoes on the market. If your foot is narrower maybe go with the Joslins instead, they’re just as durable.

yes the marana's are reallllyyy good! i had one pair and skated em and loved em.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 47
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2021, 09:20:44 PM »
reebok club c forever

but also NB 440 and other dunkalikes with decent grip and board feel

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2021, 10:15:55 PM »
Has anyone skated the cupsole Lakai Telford highs? I was looking at these but thought they may come up to wide for me...I heard Lakai generally run wide?

Been looking at those too. No shops or Big Zs in my area have them in stock to try on though.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Diocletian

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2021, 07:32:40 AM »
My vote goes for the Emerica Figgy Dose. Amazing shoes.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2021, 08:00:52 AM »

i can vouch for them too, im on my 6th pair now, just make sure that theyre snug because if theyre too big the toe separates from the leather on the sides but that could be just me. i got them half a size smaller and that problem went away and theyre amazing now
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2021, 09:19:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How those 1010's fitting? They look comfortable but looks can be deceiving.

Not arrived yet (saturday), I'll check back in when they arrive. Only my second pair of # and the first didn't go over well (westgates).

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2021, 09:32:15 AM »
Fallen troopers last a while too!

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2021, 09:57:04 AM »
Once Lakai starts dropping the Telford in more colorways, they will likely be receiving a good deal of my money.

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2021, 10:17:49 AM »
Reebok club C and revenge have been my favorite cupsoles so far. The shape of the toe box, the feeling of the midsole absorbing the impact, the thicker sole gives you a better pop and flick. If the toe box was triple stitch to keep it from blowing out so fast it would be the perfect skate shoe.