Author Topic: Numbers speculation  (Read 20315 times)

chrisskates808

Re: Numbers speculation
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2021, 08:13:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Assuming numbers is done where is everyone going?

Guy on hockey/fa?

Tony d on picture show studios?

Koston on anti hero?

Rodrigo on primitive?

Kyron on isle?
[close]

I actually LOLd. Koston doesnt even need a board sponsor anyways he'll skate what he wants and literally anyone he asked would give him boards I'm sure

That and I feel he’s making enough money from Nike.

Pete

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2021, 08:26:43 PM »
koston started numbers solely because nobody else would sponsor (pay) him. kids dont care bout him and probably wonder why our generation does. its too bad hes gonna end up on berrics skateboards before he just bows out though and realizes hes way past his ledge dancing prime. has he put anything out besides a few dickaround clips on IG since starting the brand, i cant think of anything post-fully flared besides a few tricks in supreme clips.

idk what theyre waiting for but guy is on hockey after promising to stop doing nosebooger nollie varialheel outs. koston is dummy jealous as usual.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2021, 08:29:41 PM »
But didn't Gonz come up their name?! Surely that's gotta count for something

-apologies

He also wanted to call Krooked Stance originally.  But the magazine already existed.  So he’s not really first-thought-best-thought

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2021, 08:31:26 PM »

ilikebigbutts

• Rep: -42
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2021, 10:53:47 PM »
koston started numbers solely because nobody else would sponsor (pay) him. kids dont care bout him and probably wonder why our generation does. its too bad hes gonna end up on berrics skateboards before he just bows out though and realizes hes way past his ledge dancing prime. has he put anything out besides a few dickaround clips on IG since starting the brand, i cant think of anything post-fully flared besides a few tricks in supreme clips.

idk what theyre waiting for but guy is on hockey after promising to stop doing nosebooger nollie varialheel outs. koston is dummy jealous as usual.

free max b

He had a decent part in chronicles.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2021, 12:06:46 AM »
I defend numbers a decent amount on here, but the team rules (Kyron, Magnus, Antonio, Guy, Koston, TX) and it almost seems like the company itself doesn't care if it exists or not. I like that.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2021, 12:16:08 AM »
So the numbers won't add up?

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2021, 03:00:27 AM »
I defend numbers a decent amount on here, but the team rules (Kyron, Magnus, Antonio, Guy, Koston, TX) and it almost seems like the company itself doesn't care if it exists or not. I like that.

I bet Koston has been secretly behind the Chinese ‘Koston’ knock-off brand the whole time.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2021, 06:22:36 AM »
Victim sk8boards 2021 ©️

Pro
Koston
Puleo
Barbier

am
Zach dykes
Gavin Nolan
Connor champion

Grind King Rims

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2021, 06:36:54 AM »
I remember someone on here saying that they approached Muska at some stage to tell him they liked MuskaBeats and he immediately assumed the guy was being a dick. I can imagine someone going up to Koston in 5 years time to say, "Hey I liked Numbers" and Koston telling the guy to kill himself or something equally dumb.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2021, 07:14:19 AM »
I just assumed Koston has retired from pro skateboarding and only heard about this so-called “Numbers” brand through Slap. Maybe it’s just a tax write off thing like Tidal was for Jay-Z.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2021, 07:18:14 AM »
A brand with no real direction fronted by Koston and Guy mighta worked right after fully flared came out. But not now a days.

Feels like Koston has been checked out of skating for the last decade.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2021, 12:38:26 PM »
I just assumed Koston has retired from pro skateboarding and only heard about this so-called “Numbers” brand through Slap. Maybe it’s just a tax write off thing like Tidal was for Jay-Z.

Tidal was less of a write off and more of a MLM for rich people. Also, the whole concept of a "tax write off" doesn't exist the way most people assume it does, especially when it comes to hip hop's understanding of how it works.

Pete is right, no one wants to work with Koston where he's getting his own board & pro salary. Staba will do it because he owes Koston, but no other brand wants to go beyond giving him a guest board. He'll never starve since Nike will carry him the same way they did Gino, but that's pretty much where the ball stops (outside of getting boxes of Supreme clearance items that nobody wanted to buy). He'll never come out with a mind blowing comeback part that'd coax a brand into giving him a permanent home, and he couldn't even come close to skating on Guy's level during Number's lifespan. Maybe kooking it with his golf clubs/ pretending to be a jet setting rich yuppie since he got on Nike didn't do his work ethic any favors, that's when his ability to make decent video parts seemed to diminish. Someone mentioned Chronicles, but that looked more like a retirement part than anything. I know we grew up with Mouse/ Menikmati/ Yeah Right/ etc., but our infatuation with Koston is nothing more than grown men trying their hardest to cling onto our nostalgia of the past.

What would Koston do if he lost his spot at Nike as a legacy pro?

At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2021, 12:48:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Tidal was less of a write off and more of a MLM for rich people. Also, the whole concept of a "tax write off" doesn't exist the way most people assume it does, especially when it comes to hip hop's understanding of how it works.

Pete is right, no one wants to work with Koston where he's getting his own board & pro salary. Staba will do it because he owes Koston, but no other brand wants to go beyond giving him a guest board. He'll never starve since Nike will carry him the same way they did Gino, but that's pretty much where the ball stops (outside of getting boxes of Supreme clearance items that nobody wanted to buy). He'll never come out with a mind blowing comeback part that'd coax a brand into giving him a permanent home, and he couldn't even come close to skating on Guy's level during Number's lifespan. Maybe kooking it with his golf clubs/ pretending to be a jet setting rich yuppie since he got on Nike didn't do his work ethic any favors, that's when his ability to make decent video parts seemed to diminish. Someone mentioned Chronicles, but that looked more like a retirement part than anything. I know we grew up with Mouse/ Menikmati/ Yeah Right/ etc., but our infatuation with Koston is nothing more than grown men trying their hardest to cling onto our nostalgia of the past.

For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2021, 12:51:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agree with most of that.

But I don't think he would suffer if nike dropped him. Isn't he in on the berries?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2021, 12:56:23 PM »
i think most folks here underestimate how wildly popular koston still is. i know a ton of folks that only know like, tony hawk and eric koston.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -61
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2021, 01:19:41 PM »
Koston is the exact kind of skater to let everyone think he's done, then come out with a full part, banger, after banger, hammer after hammer.
This is Eric Fucking Koston.
You might not like Koston the human, I don't, but I'm sure Koston the skateboarder is fully capable of doing anything he fucking wants to do on any skateboard, anytime he wants to.
Guy, too, fuck.
Do you really think Guy Mariano has been slipping?
The same applies.
He vanished down a rabbit hole full of the best drugs LA had to offer, and came back with 2 parts that blew doors and minds.
If you write these two off, as just kicking back on that Nike money and not making sure their skating remains at an elite level that can be activated with a week's warming up, you're going to get a big surprise, which is probably exactly the plan.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

dannyprovolone

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2021, 01:36:42 PM »
Koston is the exact kind of skater to let everyone think he's done, then come out with a full part, banger, after banger, hammer after hammer.
You might not like Koston the human, I don't, but I'm sure Koston the skateboarder is fully capable of doing anything he fucking wants to do on any skateboard, anytime he wants to.
Guy, too, fuck.
The same applies.
He vanished down a rabbit hole full of the best drugs LA had to offer, and came back with 2 parts that blew doors and minds.
If you write these two off, as just kicking back on that Nike money and not making sure their skating remains at an elite level that can be activated with a week's warming up, you're going to get a big surprise, which is probably exactly the plan.

numbers TM has entered the chat

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2021, 02:01:19 PM »
Guy, too, fuck.
The same applies.

Koston is for sure on that retirement program. No shade, good for him he’s been in the game a long while. I like him as a skater. Growing up he was a favourite. But to think he’s going to come out with a part, let alone a “banger” part is pretty hot take. I don’t think he even puts out enough Instagram footage to justify a year end montage. He for sure has the talent to put out a part that’s enjoyable, but he’s shown no indications that will ever happen. Dudes over it.

Guy on the other hand still skates and pushes himself. I don’t think anyone’s denying that.

Massivebellend

• Rep: -14
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2021, 02:14:57 PM »
Guy, too, fuck.
The same applies.

Absolutely delusional

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2021, 02:18:24 PM »
Expand Quote

free max b
[close]

He had a decent part in chronicles.

Also that WKND Pro Guest part with the pet shop boy song, more like throwaway footy but I really liked that too..
I mean, we constantly talk about pros of that generation not skating and not filming shit, Koston with The chronicles, wknd part, footy from NIKE tours, supreme shit, have more footy out than Carroll and howard combined since fully flared, you can add McCrank too if you want.

If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

D10S

• Rep: -51
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2021, 02:47:07 PM »
koston is the most talented kook to ever grace the world of skateboarding.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2021, 03:35:19 PM »
The spring/summer victim©️ Catalog includes

*36 inch wide cellar door cruiser complete with Indy stage 4s and 51mm spitfire classics

*33 pairs of Nike koston 1s that puleo himself cut the swoosh of

* Vivien Feil guest board

Circaskater420

• Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2021, 03:44:07 PM »
The spring/summer victim©️ Catalog includes

*36 inch wide cellar door cruiser complete with Indy stage 4s and 51mm spitfire classics

*33 pairs of Nike koston 1s that puleo himself cut the swoosh of

* Vivien Feil guest board

Already better than numbers

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -75
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2021, 03:56:26 PM »
if you dislike numbers for being kostons brand, I get that.
if you dislike numbers for being directionless/boring/inconsistent, I get that too.

To me the latter criticism is accurate for about 85% of current skate brands.
Beyond specific Koston hate, I don't get why this same numbers thread gets made once a month.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2021, 04:25:56 PM »
if you dislike numbers for being kostons brand, I get that.
if you dislike numbers for being directionless/boring/inconsistent, I get that too.

To me the latter criticism is accurate for about 85% of current skate brands.
Beyond specific Koston hate, I don't get why this same numbers thread gets made once a month.
Just crunching the numbers again to see if the result will be different

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2021, 05:35:02 PM »
I don’t remember where but I heard rumors that Rodrigo is filming with Primitive.

Where does Tony D go is really all that matters here though.

ninformatic

• Rep: -7
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2021, 06:24:59 PM »
Rodrigo TX should've gone to Palace since he left DGK.

michael scarn

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2021, 07:18:07 PM »
it would be p neat if eric and guy and the craig camp resolved their issues and it was 2014 again or whatever but what do I know I’m just a fucking cheeseburger

Just what crail needs, 2 more deadweight pros

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2021, 07:41:45 PM »
Rodrigo go primitive

Guy and koston to nowhere

Tony durable to some stupid coolguy NYC company or something

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs