Author Topic: Numbers speculation  (Read 20314 times)

GuessAgain?

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Numbers speculation
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2021, 04:20:01 PM »
I wasn't a big fan of their logo...

It's the second most try-hard, terribly designed logo in skating for sure, pipped to the post by Wayward Wheel's strangely off design.

mayor-quimby

• Rep: -22
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2021, 04:21:22 PM »
I'm hoping that DURAO is in a bidding war as a result of his last 3 parts...

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2021, 04:44:21 PM »

Grimple guest board or is that just Frank's handle?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 08:37:06 AM by FrozenIndustries »

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2021, 04:53:56 PM »
guy needs to throw himself on a grenade for all of us so we don't have to see the_italian_ones filming

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2021, 04:58:42 PM »
Wait what?

On topic: TX is riding blanks as well.

michael scarn

« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2021, 06:18:53 PM »
guy needs to throw himself on a grenade for all of us so we don't have to see the_italian_ones filming

Glad I'm not alone in thinking his filming is garbage.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2021, 06:55:20 PM »
I wish he and Koston just mended things with Girl. I just can't see them on any other brand.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2021, 09:15:50 PM »
I wish he and Koston just mended things with Girl. I just can't see them on any other brand.
don’t want this to come off confrontational on you, i understand why you want it, but it’s on Girl that their relationship is destroyed. they fucked guy and eric and they dipped. if it mattered to mike and rickk they would have made an effort to repair that. at this point, it’s not coming

ilikebigbutts

• Rep: -42
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2021, 11:23:30 PM »
I’ll buy whatever has his name on it. I Have many of his Nike models, many numbers boards and clothes and now I’m buying my first skate mental board. Hope he doesn’t retire for years to come.

itspizzapie

• Rep: -13
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2021, 01:38:33 AM »
numbers management always looked like they were going nowhere, no consequence for rich guy & eric of course but i kinda feel bad for the team riders who lost time riding for a brand that didn't have anything under the hood

That aside, i  really enjoyed the videos. Super nice & chill session  style vids, i don't think i've seen this elsewhere, but doing a video that  makes the viewer feel like he's on a bench  checking out the  sesh was a really good idea and they were well filmed. Still remember Durao's (?) frontside flip over this set of stairs

ilikebigbutts

• Rep: -42
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2021, 03:30:22 AM »
I don't understand the whole "they felt like going nowhere", "it was directionless" argument. The Edition 1, Edition 2 thing was great, always with different concepts and artist, they had great collaborations with Nike, Adidas, Ron Herman, Soulland. Maybe the first 2 videos where a bit weird I could agree, but after that, the Miles Silvas Edition 3, Magnus for Edition 4 and Kyron Davis for Edition 5 were proper well edited video parts.
Saying the skaters lost their time riding for them is stupid. It was a good company and they had a good run, my only complaint with them is that their clothes were too expensive/the boards were kinda hard to find. I think Miles leaving lowered their motivation, and then Corona virus happened and they just couldn't stay afloat.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2021, 05:22:14 AM »
Wait what?

https://ibb.co/Xk81Vgt

From a recent Instagram post
I really think antclavarall it’s filming his intro part for primitive in Brazil right now

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2021, 05:26:02 AM »
I don't understand the whole "they felt like going nowhere", "it was directionless" argument. The Edition 1, Edition 2 thing was great, always with different concepts and artist, they had great collaborations with Nike, Adidas, Ron Herman, Soulland. Maybe the first 2 videos where a bit weird I could agree, but after that, the Miles Silvas Edition 3, Magnus for Edition 4 and Kyron Davis for Edition 5 were proper well edited video parts.
Saying the skaters lost their time riding for them is stupid. It was a good company and they had a good run, my only complaint with them is that their clothes were too expensive/the boards were kinda hard to find. I think Miles leaving lowered their motivation, and then Corona virus happened and they just couldn't stay afloat.

wow, thanks for that, I had never seen it this way.

Due to your numbers obsession, are you Bobby Puleo?
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2021, 07:06:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Wait what?

[close]

I really think antclavarall it’s filming his intro part for primitive in Brazil right now
I wonder what DBZ character he'll be... Janemba? Bardock?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2021, 08:38:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wait what?

[close]

[close]

That's a Palace graphic though.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2021, 09:37:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wait what?

[close]

[close]
[close]

That's a Palace graphic though.

Yep, that is a palace as far as I can see.

He was definitely riding blanks a few weeks ago (red and green ones.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2021, 12:45:55 PM »

So Grimple stix is a new way for pros to ride DLX wood in-between sponsors?

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2021, 12:57:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
So... Does this mean that Guy winds up on UMA in another year?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2021, 01:01:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
don’t want this to come off confrontational on you, i understand why you want it, but it’s on Girl that their relationship is destroyed. they fucked guy and eric and they dipped. if it mattered to mike and rickk they would have made an effort to repair that. at this point, it’s not coming

How exactly did Girl blow it with Eric and Guy? I've never really heard an outright explanation of what happened there, it wasn't as well documented as Eric's departure from Lakai....
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2021, 01:03:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

How exactly did Girl blow it with Eric and Guy? I've never really heard an outright explanation of what happened there, it wasn't as well documented as Eric's departure from Lakai....

Had to do with Fourstar going belly up.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2021, 01:09:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Had to do with Fourstar going belly up.

Yeah, Eric and Guy were supposed to have stock in the brands or something like that but it was never given to them/somehow sold out from under them. 

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2021, 01:23:37 PM »
because eric and guy "were given part ownership of the brand" 15 years ago based on a fucking handshake or something. read any interview with anyone that ever left crail, its all handshakes and rainbows over there until you ask for the royalties you shook hands on or whatever.

koston should just say fuck it and ride for that south african mall shoe brand or whatever called Koston. they just use the lakai font they used to use on his shoes. that company is way sicker that girl at this point.

imagine guy on antihero just cuz idk maybe BA or whatever haha that would be sick, but most likely just some one off shit before his FA class photo board. dill needs time to find the perfect picture of young guy and alter it to be cooler. the only good one is freddys.

why in the fuck is fred gall not on hockey yet? koston can stay sponsorless the rest of time and be fine nobody will miss his dork tricks sticking his ass out. someone put freddy on one of the few companies with money have him modeling supreme hoodies and shit haha habitat is the fucking worst. dudes been skating FA boards for 3 years just put him on the team dill.

free max b
FREE MAX B

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2021, 01:55:48 PM »
because eric and guy "were given part ownership of the brand" 15 years ago based on a fucking handshake or something. read any interview with anyone that ever left crail, its all handshakes and rainbows over there until you ask for the royalties you shook hands on or whatever.

koston should just say fuck it and ride for that south african mall shoe brand or whatever called Koston. they just use the lakai font they used to use on his shoes. that company is way sicker that girl at this point.

imagine guy on antihero just cuz idk maybe BA or whatever haha that would be sick, but most likely just some one off shit before his FA class photo board. dill needs time to find the perfect picture of young guy and alter it to be cooler. the only good one is freddys.

why in the fuck is fred gall not on hockey yet? koston can stay sponsorless the rest of time and be fine nobody will miss his dork tricks sticking his ass out. someone put freddy on one of the few companies with money have him modeling supreme hoodies and shit haha habitat is the fucking worst. dudes been skating FA boards for 3 years just put him on the team dill.

free max b

The real mystery here

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2021, 02:43:48 PM »
koston a buguyaga harbor shark, him ah still tink him mr. mention. sizzla seh koston irrelvant
I an I haff nah white god

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2021, 02:59:41 PM »
Numbers always lacked a visual direction for me, often felt like a mall-store 917

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmESm3ap-sA

imo this was the most original thing they did

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #145 on: March 25, 2021, 03:13:08 PM »
Numbers always lacked a visual direction for me, often felt like a mall-store 917

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmESm3ap-sA

imo this was the most original thing they did

That video is great
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Bearings

• Rep: -4
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2021, 02:27:39 AM »

Ghost Face

• Rep: 95
« Reply #147 on: April 08, 2021, 03:11:58 AM »

free max b

What you on about? We still got 13yr old decks floating around over here. Don't need no bootleg stuff when your woods this fresh.

https://johnosskateshop.co.za/product/chocolate-marc-deck/?v=abf8f96f23ab

https://johnosskateshop.co.za/product/girl-carbon-mariano-deck/?v=abf8f96f23ab

https://johnosskateshop.co.za/product/girl-kory-deck/?v=abf8f96f23ab

https://johnosskateshop.co.za/product/chocolate-chris-deck/?v=abf8f96f23ab
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2021, 06:59:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I mean most pros ride anti hero when between sponsors anyway ( some when they still have a sponsor). At least this way anti-hero/grimple can make some scratch of the in between sponsors pro guest board.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2021, 07:38:05 AM »
i just don't see how the number 1245 is seditious