Author Topic: New Indy Inverted Kingpin and Baseplate Set  (Read 1126 times)

TheDagger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
New Indy Inverted Kingpin and Baseplate Set
« on: July 08, 2021, 07:13:28 AM »
I ride Indy forged hollows and I'm very interested in adding the Krux Inverted Hollow Kingpin to them. The problem is that I'm lazy and don't feel like going through the process of getting the old kingpin out (I heard it's difficult with forged plates) and somehow fastening the nut of the new kingpin to the forged plate (worried that the glue/weld would mess up the threads).

Today, however, I found out about the new Indy Inverted Kingpin and Baseplate Set. The inverted pin doesn't look nearly as advantageous (i.e. low) as the Krux one, and I'm disappointed that there's no forged plate option. But here's my idea: What if I use the plates from the new Indy set and the pin from the Krux set? That way, although I would lose the benefit of the forged Indy plate, I could still get a hollow pin with awesome clearance but without worrying about the need to fasten the nut to the baseplate, since the Indy set comes with a plate with space for the nut to lock in.

Does this make sense? What do ya'll think?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
Re: New Indy Inverted Kingpin and Baseplate Set
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 07:18:46 AM »

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 07:23:35 AM »
My name is KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

donkey

• Rep: -66
  • donk
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 07:37:16 AM »
i was working on a throw recently and my rustoleum can started leaking. it was super annoying! does this just happen at random or did i mess something up with the valve on the can? maybe my cap was clogged with paint and it caused it to spray wrong? i really have no idea

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 07:41:41 AM »
I ride Indy forged hollows and I'm very interested in adding the Krux Inverted Hollow Kingpin to them. The problem is that I'm lazy and don't feel like going through the process of getting the old kingpin out (I heard it's difficult with forged plates) and somehow fastening the nut of the new kingpin to the forged plate (worried that the glue/weld would mess up the threads).

Today, however, I found out about the new Indy Inverted Kingpin and Baseplate Set. The inverted pin doesn't look nearly as advantageous (i.e. low) as the Krux one, and I'm disappointed that there's no forged plate option. But here's my idea: What if I use the plates from the new Indy set and the pin from the Krux set? That way, although I would lose the benefit of the forged Indy plate, I could still get a hollow pin with awesome clearance but without worrying about the need to fasten the nut to the baseplate, since the Indy set comes with a plate with space for the nut to lock in.

yes

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 09:56:36 AM »

Toss the Indys. Krux fucks.

Shalom.